Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,369 members, 7,861,015 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:05 PM

Buhari Threatens Court Action Of NTA, AIT For Criticising Him - Dailypost - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Threatens Court Action Of NTA, AIT For Criticising Him - Dailypost (866 Views)

Buhari Threatens Niger Delta Militants, Says Defeating Them Won’t Be Tough / Tinubu Denies Sending SMS Canvassing Votes For Jonathan, Threatens Court Action / Buhari Threatens To Back Out Of Abuja Accord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Threatens Court Action Of NTA, AIT For Criticising Him - Dailypost by Ikengawo: 5:01am On Feb 03, 2015
[size=15pt]Buhari threatens court actions against NTA, AIT [/size]

The All Progressives Congress, APC, presidential flag bearer, General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) has threatened to institute a legal action against the Nigerian Television Authority, NTA, and the Africa Independent Television, AIT, for airing hate broadcasts against his personality.

This is coming on a day the National Broadcasting Commission, NBC, cautioned all broadcasting stations operating in the country to adhere strictly to the provisions of the broadcasting code or risk sanctions.

Buhari in a protest letter lodged through the APC Presidential Campaign Organization, APCPCO’s Legal Director, Mr. Chukwuma-Machukwu Ume, SAN, insisted that the two television stations must not only retract the “hate documentaries,” but also issue a public apology to him.

He threatened not to hesitate seeking legal remedy should the television houses refuse to comply with the conditions. Buhari revealed that “The hate broadcast was on from Saturday, January 24, 2015 to Sunday, January 25, 2015, at 11pm in AIT.”

The APC candidate asserted that he had already petitioned the Nigerian Broadcasting Commission, NBC, and the National Human Rights Commission, NHRC, asking them to investigate both NTA and AIT over the hate broadcasts and take necessary punitive actions.
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/718636_General_Muhammadu-Buhari-1984_jpg807fb78f1366f42744d90196f32d264e[/img]
Meanwhile, The National Broadcasting Commission, NBC, in its warning to broadcast stations acknowledged the effort broadcasting stations were making in lubricating the nation’s political space, but noted that some stations had been operating outside the provisions of the code in a manner that could become counter-productive to the national objectives of peaceful, free and fair elections.

Northern youths condemn region’s elders for working against Jonathan’s re-election
According to the Director-General of the Commission, Mr. Emeka Mba, who issued the warning said, “We are in exciting times. Political campaigns are underway and the nation is agog with politicians campaigning to persuade the electorate to support them, this is how it should be, that is the beauty of democracy.”

http://dailypost.ng/2015/02/02/buhari-threatens-court-actions-nta-ait-hate-broadcasts/
Re: Buhari Threatens Court Action Of NTA, AIT For Criticising Him - Dailypost by FastShipping: 5:08am On Feb 03, 2015
At no time Buhari was against NTA or AIT for constructive criticism. What AIT and NTA did should never be termed as journalism in merit. It should be regarded as "hate documentary."

We can see through your desperation. You and your ilk never thought things would turn out this way grin grin. You all thought the peoples General never had a chance. As it is turning out, not only does he have a chance, he is on the way to winning this election.
Re: Buhari Threatens Court Action Of NTA, AIT For Criticising Him - Dailypost by eleko1: 5:21am On Feb 03, 2015
sad he shoud rather leave it to the People Court to deliver instant judgement with their PVC. The good LORD will Fight for BUHARI,Victory is certain.SaI BUHARI...........ASO ROCK STRAIGHT
Re: Buhari Threatens Court Action Of NTA, AIT For Criticising Him - Dailypost by Oklander: 5:27am On Feb 03, 2015
#We can't wait.
I hope when Buhari wins, he will scrap those two useless stations, imagine the shameful pictures and sound quality of the national TVs of the most populous black nation on Earth, now coupled with brainless partisanship makes those stations disgusting.

Sue and scrap them, let's have a replacement.
Re: Buhari Threatens Court Action Of NTA, AIT For Criticising Him - Dailypost by seunlayi(m): 5:37am On Feb 03, 2015
but those report are real and expository, why she them?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatens Court Action Of NTA, AIT For Criticising Him - Dailypost by raumdeuter: 5:39am On Feb 03, 2015
Those are not criticism but outright lies which is a normal thing for losers like the PDP
Re: Buhari Threatens Court Action Of NTA, AIT For Criticising Him - Dailypost by Oklander: 5:42am On Feb 03, 2015
[s]
seunlayi:
but those report are real and expository, why she them?
[/s] Mostly LIES and propaganda!!!
Re: Buhari Threatens Court Action Of NTA, AIT For Criticising Him - Dailypost by Nobody: 5:57am On Feb 03, 2015
Oga buhari, we all know you can't take criticism. At a point, Anyone that did got locked up, beaten...even ended up dead. But thanks to GEJ, I can enjoy my freedom of speech in a real democracy Wch means I can say this without you doing sqat "Fvck you, you gapped toothed, soulless, ignoramus, freak of nature, who calls himself Buhari but really is a waste of oxygen". Eat those words. Your supporters tot me how to talk nasty after so much name calling of the current sitting president Wch u n I knw buhari Wud never allow of it was him

Go after the makers of the advert not the advertising agency. You want advertising agents to be bias? Maka why Kwan? If what they say about you is wrong? Go after the body that sponsored the advert. Fyi; it's called attack ads Wch is perfectly legal in a democratical election Wch u won't know nothing about

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatens Court Action Of NTA, AIT For Criticising Him - Dailypost by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:00am On Feb 03, 2015
Tell dem dat man boohary sey wedon dey use to his threats after all, the last one he gaves is in on.. Tonda faya devul
Re: Buhari Threatens Court Action Of NTA, AIT For Criticising Him - Dailypost by Firefire(m): 6:06am On Feb 03, 2015
liberty300:
Oga buhari, we all know you can't take criticism. At a point, Anyone that did got locked up, beaten...even ended up dead. But thanks to GEJ, I can enjoy my freedom of speech in a real democracy Wch means I can say this without you doing sqat "Fvck you, you gapped toothed, soulless, ignoramus, freak of nature, who calls himself Buhari but really is a waste of oxygen". Eat those words. Your supporters tot me how to talk nasty after so much name calling of the current sitting president Wch u n I knw buhari Wud never allow of it was him

Go after the makers of the advert not the advertising agency. You want advertising agents to be bias? Maka why Kwan? If what they say about you is wrong? Go after the body that sponsored the advert. Fyi; it's called attack ads Wch is perfectly legal in a democratical election Wch u won't know nothing about

He should go to court. Buhari will only become the president of Nigeria in his dream.
Re: Buhari Threatens Court Action Of NTA, AIT For Criticising Him - Dailypost by Mogidi: 6:13am On Feb 03, 2015
The APC candidate asserted that he had already petitioned the Nigerian Broadcasting Commission, NBC, and the [size=15pt]National Human Rights Commissio[/size]n, NHRC

The same Buhari running to NHRC is the same Buhari who banned all human rights organisations and their activists during his reign. Am sure the NHRC would all be laughing at his fate now.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Photos From IDP Camp Yola – #APC / Soludo's Poverty Statistics On Anambra - Where He Got It Wrong / I Have Never Voted For A Southerner Or Christian & Will Never Do That-northerner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.