Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:44 AM

Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies (13317 Views)

Channels TV Newscaster Caught Kissing Colleague On Live TV (Pics) / District 9 (the Negative Portrayal Of Nigerians In Foreign Movies) / The Portrayal of Africa/Africans in Hollywood Movies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by LoverBwoy(m): 9:07pm On Aug 24, 2006
soulpatrol:

ah did i hear theres a wonderful kisser in the hizzzzouse?? grin abeg wheres your mouth o, because im a great kisser so i think and most naija guys are just blaaaaahhhhhhh!!!! grin grin grin

hmmm wink kiss
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by Nobody: 9:54pm On Aug 24, 2006
kissing just recently became popular culture in naija whilst in the west they've been kissing for decades even centuries so its understandable that those scenes are whack

but even western movies have crappy kissing scenes because not everyone is a good kisser, takes a good technique and a lot of practice

but film is makebelieve so all the above are not good excuses!

the REAL issue is the lighting and the camera angles that's what makes a scene good or not. what they need is good training in filming love scenes that way they would at least look good. and take a hint from the indians the excitement comes from the the teasing and all that tension just before gettting to the destination

i've seen saliva dripping from a western film too its called STAGE BEAUTY the love scenes were great, lighting camera angles tight. but at the end when they were kissing saliva dripped and the two of them continued HABA! i had to rewind cos i couldnt belive they didnt edit that shocked
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by soulpatrol(f): 9:57pm On Aug 24, 2006
ewwww cheesy
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by momoney1(m): 8:00am On Aug 25, 2006
Oyibo too? that's bad, tell me more.
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by necky: 1:49pm On Aug 25, 2006
Hi Guys.
kissing is never our culture.so nollywood is readly trying their best, i think they need our encouragement
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by soulpatrol(f): 2:34pm On Aug 25, 2006
kissing is not our culture in what way? do yall mean like in greeting, public display kissing, things like that? i dont really understand
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by iice(f): 2:38pm On Aug 25, 2006
maybe french kisses Dunno
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by soulpatrol(f): 2:40pm On Aug 25, 2006
didnt our forefathers kiss in those days? abi how did they show each other affection
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by momoney1(m): 10:25pm On Aug 25, 2006
i wonder why people always preach about culture and the rest when they are faulty or can't find answere to a question. kissing is no body's culture, one can form the habit of doing a particular thing and you don't have to tell me it's his or their culture.

hey, we(Naija) are imitating everything about the advance countries and yours truly if we have the chance, will want to do better so let's stop preaching about culture when we fail to do something proper or correctly, i go vex oh
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by suprted(m): 12:28am On Aug 26, 2006
well i think its against the law to show love scenes in nigeria. the draconian decency board will get you. for instance, if you've watched dbn back in the day, they used to blank the screen when the actors and actresses got jiggy with it. which is pretty hypocritical when you can show in the same film, a guy being decapitated with a samurai sword. it would be even more hypocritical to allow it in nollywood films.

besides lovemaking in nollywood films doesnt pass them showing their feet entwined. i agree though with previous posters, you can make anything look good with good angles and good shots.
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by lauryn(f): 1:54am On Aug 26, 2006
@ soulpatrol
na by either pecking or fingering grin grin grin
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by soulpatrol(f): 4:22pm On Aug 26, 2006
@ lauryn. girl, you nastier than miss jackson! grin
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by 2old4that(m): 4:40pm On Aug 26, 2006
@ suprted
isnt there suppose to be some form of content description on evry movies either if its PGs, 18, 20, adult etc. which will give the viewer a firsthand clue to wat to xpect.

the choice will now be for the viewer to choose which to go for;

n i was wondering isnt it kinda weird for a TV station to start viewing some stark films?
its, so absurd
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by babadee(m): 12:10am On Aug 28, 2006
fact 1: Nollywood love scenes are wack
fact 2:nothing can be done about it because of the hypocritical naija society
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by Seun(m): 12:39am On Aug 28, 2006
How does our hypocrisy impact our movies?
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by enugu(f): 1:17am On Aug 28, 2006
@ enugu.   first of all, ewwwwwwww saliva dripping out of his mouth? and they had the audacity to show that in a movie? what bad taste! they should be sued for making us watch rubbish like that. and i really give it to indians with their no kissing policy. because of that, the teasing makes it even better than the real thing. small time the guy chases the girl, she plays hard to get, he tries to kiss her and she just smiles, moves her head away and breaks into a song   see, nothing gross about that. has worked for them for ages. so we can do the same or at least make the kissing decent for tv.

i didnt understand your last senetence though. what did you mean by "jigger"? and "imaginary spots"?
[/color]

[color=#550000]
@ soulpatrol,

grin grin grin grin I'm still laughing from your last post that's why I didn't reply your question immediately. Apologies. Now to your question - in the old days, when the man came home from the farm/fishing, or whatever he did out there; after his meal, his wife would sit at his feet and pick out ( or is it remove) with a sharp object, some leech-like insect that would crawl under the surface of the skin, between the toes or maybe it was just athlethe's foot  or maybe nothing  wink just a way to get jiggy or give the man the  wink kiss sign and on the man's part, there would be that 'what's that on your face,  wink? and he would as a show of affection, proceed to pick at the woman's face, as a prelude to other intimate things,  winkkiss

Right, I know this might sound like part myth and part imagination, but the way they expressed affection was different and there was all that restraint in terms of showing affection; and because a lot of us didn't grow up seeing affection being expressed that openly, we find it difficult to replicate in our movies and when we try to copy it comes out all whack!!!

I hope this extra long post doesn't bore you; I also hope it gives you a picture of what 'traditional' love is/used to be

Cheers cheesy
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by momoney1(m): 10:20am On Aug 28, 2006
and because a lot of us didn't grow up seeing affection being expressed that openly, we find it difficult to replicate in our movies and when we try to copy it comes out all whack!!!

enugu it doesn't matter if one fail to learn from the family. the world is too advance for such talk, there are cinema, home theaters, videos etc. where people watch romantic movies, any body can learn from these sources.

again, in the ancient days you mean our forfathers moment of love maving goes just banging and nothing?
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by soulpatrol(f): 5:01pm On Aug 28, 2006
mo money:

again, in the ancient days you mean our forfathers moment of love maving goes just banging and nothing?

i sincerely hope it didnt happen like that. cool
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by momoney1(m): 11:27pm On Aug 28, 2006
i sincerely hope it didnt happen like that.

i feel you sis.
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by enugu(f): 9:21am On Aug 29, 2006
[table]
mo money:

enugu it doesn't matter if one fail to learn from the family. the world is too advance for such talk, there are cinema, home theaters, videos etc. where people watch romantic movies, any body can learn from these sources.

[/table]

Actually, mo money, it does matter! Whether we like it or not, we are images of our predecessors and it takes time for certain things to evolve. There was a time in Nigeria, when a woman was labelled a prostitute if you wore trousers (at least in the Eastern part) but with time that has changed

I'm not saying that we cannot learn from other sources, I'm just saying that WE ARE NOT USED TO IT, that's why it comes out looking very awkward. The world you're in maybe advanced for such talk but I can assure you, if you don't know where you're coming from, then how will you know how to get to wherever you want to go. If you know why you do certain things wrong, then it is easier for you to unlearn those habits and get them right.

And as to our forfathers moment of love maving (sic) NO! it wasn't all banging and nothing, they had their own methods of pre-intimacy, that turned them on just as ours do for us in this present times

and@ soulpatrol,
It sincerely didn't happen like that.

SO HAVE I ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION? You never did get back to me on that sad
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by suprted(m): 8:30pm On Aug 29, 2006
in nigeria there are only three classifications G, PG and 18. and PG is a new one i think.

as for the tv. the movies used to be on nightshift, it was late, from around 11-3 am. which young person would have been up at that time.
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by 2old4that(m): 9:08pm On Aug 29, 2006
I see

Anyway, to me ooooo
i still stand on my point that love scenes in nigerian movies is simply FAKE.
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by momoney1(m): 9:30pm On Aug 29, 2006
SO HAVE I ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION? You never did get back to me on that

u've said the little you're taught and i never wanted to, lol
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by disney(f): 1:17pm On Aug 30, 2006
Well, u guys are very funny. Hello, kissing and lovemaking in naija movies , yea rite. is very childish and immature but ok now, una wey de complain , can you urself shoot a love scene. Not to forget, you are in Nigeria 1) your family are strict disciplinarians 2) You know how nigerians refuse to marry people all in the name of what they heard or saw. 3 ) People would call you ashawo if you do bla bla.

I mean, I believe Nigerians can do better in their love scences but they are scared because of society and culture at hand. Well, I mean the so called actors and actresses are really trying their best. So , l no blame them because I too would do the same thing if l were in their shoes. No shaking.
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by mamaput(f): 2:22pm On Aug 30, 2006
By the way,,,,,,, i noticed that mixed people (Girls9 are bolder ) when it comes to "Forbidden" scenes
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by romeo(m): 5:56pm On Aug 30, 2006
sometimes i wonder if people really kiss in naija!!!
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by enugu(f): 8:19pm On Aug 30, 2006
[table]
mo money:

u've said the little you're taught and i never wanted to, lol
[/table]

Actually mo money, that question was for soulpatrol, not for you, so I don't quite understand your answer
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by 2old4that(m): 4:44pm On Aug 31, 2006
@romeo
perhaps we're good at kissing opposite sex's portrait or pix. LOL
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by soulpatrol(f): 4:07am On Sep 01, 2006
@ enugu what was the question?
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by soulpatrol(f): 4:16am On Sep 01, 2006
oh yeah i read your reply. thanks for the response but i still dont buy your explanation of how our forefathers got their freak on before sex grin did your grandaddy tell you all that?  grin grin grin the explanation of "traditional love" just sounds weird. ughhhhhhhh. im so glad i wasnt born in that "era"  lipsrsealed
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by mamaput(f): 9:15am On Sep 01, 2006
Have you forgotten the stories of the wrestling match etc etc.
they always had ceremonies were boys and girls could do their "love dance"
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by momoney1(m): 4:57pm On Sep 01, 2006
hey enugu if i'm harsh 4give me, i didn't knw it wasn't for me. hope we ar in peace? cheese sis. cheesy

I mean, I believe Nigerians can do better in their love scences but they are scared because of society and culture at hand. Well, I mean the so called actors and actresses are really trying their best. So , l no blame them because I too would do the same thing if l were in their shoes. No shaking.

good thinking Disney

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Need Websites For Downloading Nigerian Movies / Funmilayo: The Lioness Of Lisabi: Joke Silva To Star As Funmilayo Kuti In Biopic / My Short Drama Script- Pls Criticise!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.