Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,088 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

Funmilayo: The Lioness Of Lisabi: Joke Silva To Star As Funmilayo Kuti In Biopic - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Funmilayo: The Lioness Of Lisabi: Joke Silva To Star As Funmilayo Kuti In Biopic (13327 Views)

Femi Fani-Kayode Attends Premiere Of Yahaya Bello’s Biopic With Lover (Photos) / Nkem Owoh And Mr Latin To Star In New Movie (Photo) / Titi Kuti: 6 Reasons Nigerian Women Love Ade Tiger In “King Of Boys” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Funmilayo: The Lioness Of Lisabi: Joke Silva To Star As Funmilayo Kuti In Biopic by Drinokrane: 6:32am On Dec 08, 2021
Veteran actress Joke Silva will star as Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti in the forthcoming biopic Funmilayo: The Lioness of Lisabi based on the life of the late activist.

The actress made this known in an Instagram post on Tuesday.

The film will recount the life of Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti, mother of late Fela Kuti and will include appearances from her grandchildren Femi Kuti, Yeni Kuti and others, Igbere TV reports.

Filmmaker and director of the film Bolanle Austen-Peters had earlier announced the cast of the movie.

“So we started and made history today. We wanted to create a legacy project so we went for authentic stuff. How can it get more authentic than having the true blood of Funmilayo Ransome Kuti in the room. Funmilayo had four children. Dolupo, Olikoye, Olufela ala “Fela” and Bekolari. They were all represented by their children and niece for Dolupo.

“The head of the Ransome Kuti family was there; Mr Dotun Ransome Kuti (the son of Olikoye playing his Dad, Olikoye; the first child of Fela was there too, Yeni playing her Aunt Dolupo and Fela’s son too, Kunle was there playing Fela, his Father. They came to pay homage but they did more. Loading FRK the movie. Thanks to the estate of Funmilayo who entrusted me with the story and access to family archives. This story will inspire many of us,” she wrote.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CXAqXXWjVQv/?utm_medium=copy_link

Funmilayo was an educator and women’s rights activist.

She died on April 13 1978 at age 77.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laoaFEM6rb4

12 Likes

Re: Funmilayo: The Lioness Of Lisabi: Joke Silva To Star As Funmilayo Kuti In Biopic by Lawlab251: 6:33am On Dec 08, 2021
Ok
Re: Funmilayo: The Lioness Of Lisabi: Joke Silva To Star As Funmilayo Kuti In Biopic by Baawaa(m): 6:36am On Dec 08, 2021
If it is not panadol it can be panadol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funmilayo: The Lioness Of Lisabi: Joke Silva To Star As Funmilayo Kuti In Biopic by Lattop(m): 6:44am On Dec 08, 2021
I love this Woman she's great

19 Likes

Re: Funmilayo: The Lioness Of Lisabi: Joke Silva To Star As Funmilayo Kuti In Biopic by dodoatirice: 12:44pm On Dec 08, 2021
Nigerian Government 1 Nigerian Youths 0

Una stil dey sleep
Re: Funmilayo: The Lioness Of Lisabi: Joke Silva To Star As Funmilayo Kuti In Biopic by seguntravels009(m): 12:44pm On Dec 08, 2021
Looking forward to the movie.

5 Likes

Re: Funmilayo: The Lioness Of Lisabi: Joke Silva To Star As Funmilayo Kuti In Biopic by Cholls(m): 12:45pm On Dec 08, 2021
Lattop:
I love this Woman she's great
my brother she's married

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funmilayo: The Lioness Of Lisabi: Joke Silva To Star As Funmilayo Kuti In Biopic by Thobby02lawbar(f): 12:45pm On Dec 08, 2021
I can't wait to watch this movie. Fell in love with it already. I just hope it worth the wait

7 Likes

Re: Funmilayo: The Lioness Of Lisabi: Joke Silva To Star As Funmilayo Kuti In Biopic by paskal16: 12:45pm On Dec 08, 2021
Okay

1 Like

Re: Funmilayo: The Lioness Of Lisabi: Joke Silva To Star As Funmilayo Kuti In Biopic by princeade86(m): 12:45pm On Dec 08, 2021
Great work. Funmilayo Ransom kuti, the greatest woman of all time in Nigeria.

15 Likes

Re: Funmilayo: The Lioness Of Lisabi: Joke Silva To Star As Funmilayo Kuti In Biopic by Bakarehabib02(m): 12:45pm On Dec 08, 2021
Ok
Re: Funmilayo: The Lioness Of Lisabi: Joke Silva To Star As Funmilayo Kuti In Biopic by dfrost: 12:45pm On Dec 08, 2021
Cool grin cheesy

We need this old stories to remind us of who we really are.

Nice one Bolanle Austen-Peters.

4 Likes

Re: Funmilayo: The Lioness Of Lisabi: Joke Silva To Star As Funmilayo Kuti In Biopic by newguy1(m): 12:46pm On Dec 08, 2021
Is she not too old n a little bit robust than her.....well it’s nollywood with lot of actors but little with talent I guess they couldn’t find another.......

3 Likes

Re: Funmilayo: The Lioness Of Lisabi: Joke Silva To Star As Funmilayo Kuti In Biopic by salbis(m): 12:46pm On Dec 08, 2021
This woman exude class even at old age.

5 Likes

Re: Funmilayo: The Lioness Of Lisabi: Joke Silva To Star As Funmilayo Kuti In Biopic by wman(m): 12:47pm On Dec 08, 2021
I love the way Nigerians are telling their stories via visual media in these modern times.

5 Likes

Re: Funmilayo: The Lioness Of Lisabi: Joke Silva To Star As Funmilayo Kuti In Biopic by money121(m): 12:47pm On Dec 08, 2021
Seen
Re: Funmilayo: The Lioness Of Lisabi: Joke Silva To Star As Funmilayo Kuti In Biopic by Iamajala: 12:48pm On Dec 08, 2021
Forbes Global Project owned by Olu Micheal is a scam company

Re: Funmilayo: The Lioness Of Lisabi: Joke Silva To Star As Funmilayo Kuti In Biopic by Nobody: 12:48pm On Dec 08, 2021
Cool.

Meanwhile, if you are a writer, kindly check this out.
https://www.nairaland.com/6886243/need-writers-n3-per-word
Re: Funmilayo: The Lioness Of Lisabi: Joke Silva To Star As Funmilayo Kuti In Biopic by Analyst7: 12:50pm On Dec 08, 2021
When we're talking about woman, that woman na legend
I hope they get factual story of her perfectly

4 Likes

Re: Funmilayo: The Lioness Of Lisabi: Joke Silva To Star As Funmilayo Kuti In Biopic by Lattop(m): 12:51pm On Dec 08, 2021
Cholls:
my brother she's married
Guy u need help walahi
Chaiii

2 Likes

Re: Funmilayo: The Lioness Of Lisabi: Joke Silva To Star As Funmilayo Kuti In Biopic by jos4kay: 12:54pm On Dec 08, 2021
newguy1:
Is she not too old n a little bit robust than her.....well it’s nollywood with lot of actors but little with talent I guess they couldn’t find another.......

I told somebody earlier that Fela mom, carried a strong gene. All her children and grand children resemble her facially and in rascality.

The choice is Joke Silva is obvious. She is the only Mature actress with no scandals. And her market value is high. That is why she is over-used both for acting and advertisement. You match greatness with greatness

3 Likes

Re: Funmilayo: The Lioness Of Lisabi: Joke Silva To Star As Funmilayo Kuti In Biopic by dfrost: 12:54pm On Dec 08, 2021
newguy1:

Old I agree, but by robust, are you referring to size and added body mass?

2 Likes

Re: Funmilayo: The Lioness Of Lisabi: Joke Silva To Star As Funmilayo Kuti In Biopic by wink2015(m): 12:55pm On Dec 08, 2021
They should not use JOKE SILVA to star as Late Mrs Fumilayo

She does not look FACIALLY LIKE THE WOMAN.

3 Likes

Re: Funmilayo: The Lioness Of Lisabi: Joke Silva To Star As Funmilayo Kuti In Biopic by wink2015(m): 12:58pm On Dec 08, 2021
THE FILM PRODUCER SHOULD NOT BE GREEDY TO CARRY THEIR FRIENDS AND ASSOCIATE TO STAR IN THE FILM.

They should look for an individual that look like the woman by FACIAL APPEARANCE.

HAVE THEY NOT WATCH "IDI AMIN DADA " THE FILM THAT FEATURE THE LATE UGANDA DICTATOR THAT DIED IN SELF IMPOSED EXILE IN SAUDI ARABIA AFTER HE WAS OUSTED FROM POWER BY A JOINT FORCES OF TANZANIA ARMY, UGANDA OPPOSITION ETC

THE MAN WHO ACTED IDI AMIN LOOK EXACTLY LIKE IDI AMIN.

We dey watch una as you people are doing OJORO !

4 Likes

Re: Funmilayo: The Lioness Of Lisabi: Joke Silva To Star As Funmilayo Kuti In Biopic by dapolaw(m): 1:02pm On Dec 08, 2021
So one can not admire a super actress that is old enough to be one's mother because of people like you?

Cholls:
my brother she's married

4 Likes

Re: Funmilayo: The Lioness Of Lisabi: Joke Silva To Star As Funmilayo Kuti In Biopic by Dirkcoyt: 1:02pm On Dec 08, 2021
Joke is good but too fat for the character ! Get a character that played Funmilayo in October 1st !

6 Likes

Re: Funmilayo: The Lioness Of Lisabi: Joke Silva To Star As Funmilayo Kuti In Biopic by AfroKnight: 1:08pm On Dec 08, 2021
Hope they’re paying these legends well o. This movie is going to make mad money when it’s released.

3 Likes

Re: Funmilayo: The Lioness Of Lisabi: Joke Silva To Star As Funmilayo Kuti In Biopic by 9jaBloke: 1:17pm On Dec 08, 2021
Great

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Funmilayo: The Lioness Of Lisabi: Joke Silva To Star As Funmilayo Kuti In Biopic by DropsMic(m): 1:30pm On Dec 08, 2021
Finally
Re: Funmilayo: The Lioness Of Lisabi: Joke Silva To Star As Funmilayo Kuti In Biopic by Lekmusic: 1:32pm On Dec 08, 2021
Can she do it? She isnt that eccentric.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Short Drama Script- Pls Criticise! / Multichoice Nigeria Introduces New Dstv & Gotv Packages / Life Of Ami Zee World Summary Story Teasers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.