Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,804 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

Research Shows Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Dual Sim Phone Users In The World - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Research Shows Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Dual Sim Phone Users In The World (14736 Views)

Cheapest Data Plans For Android, IOS And PC Users In April 2016 / 17 Things That Are Too Real For Iphone Users In Nigeria / 7 Types Of Phone Users (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Research Shows Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Dual Sim Phone Users In The World by charleff512(m): 12:27pm On Feb 04, 2015
Even 4 sims sef!
Bad network na im cause am.

2 Likes

Re: Research Shows Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Dual Sim Phone Users In The World by zubbainno123: 12:27pm On Feb 04, 2015
this is only naija thing am aint just used to!!
have never maintained a second line......
have tried severally!
Re: Research Shows Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Dual Sim Phone Users In The World by alberto2k(m): 12:27pm On Feb 04, 2015
Even me sef na user...

For business purpose tho grin

You know how these network providers can fall person hand grin
Re: Research Shows Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Dual Sim Phone Users In The World by flyca: 12:27pm On Feb 04, 2015
Scarpon:
Really? Then what about China?

not really
Re: Research Shows Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Dual Sim Phone Users In The World by Decryptor(m): 12:28pm On Feb 04, 2015
MuguliciousMUGU:
Nigeria no dey carry last na, in everything nigeria must be there, even in corruption, terrorism, highest viewers of blue film, highest number of political parties (PDP, APC , MDPM- Mugulicous democratic party for Mugus) and others and also the highest number of churches, we also have a presidential aspirant without a certificate too, infact we too much.

We only have three set of people in this world, we have the BLACKS and THE WHITE and NIGERIA.

LWKMD! grin This your moniker Mugulicious Mugu really fit you! cheesy cheesy
Re: Research Shows Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Dual Sim Phone Users In The World by tonychristopher: 12:28pm On Feb 04, 2015
This might be true but personally I have never liked a two sim card phone

Its just too absurd and good phones don't come in two sims

Blackberry motorola and HTC don't CME with that two sim madness
Re: Research Shows Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Dual Sim Phone Users In The World by Qyubee(m): 12:28pm On Feb 04, 2015
Hhjkkg
Re: Research Shows Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Dual Sim Phone Users In The World by Dahveydson(m): 12:29pm On Feb 04, 2015
When we have unreliable networks in Nigeria, what do you expect?
Nigerians will even buy a four sim phone if it comes out.

1 Like

Re: Research Shows Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Dual Sim Phone Users In The World by tiamiyukunle69(m): 12:29pm On Feb 04, 2015
No be our fault. Na poor network dey cause am....if one no go the other go dey aite
Re: Research Shows Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Dual Sim Phone Users In The World by chemicool: 12:29pm On Feb 04, 2015
It's a lie. What would say about the Chinese that manufacture the Lenovos, Huaweis, Jiayus,Leagos, THLs, Elephones and the Doogees of this world? They we all made in China and are used by them.
Re: Research Shows Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Dual Sim Phone Users In The World by koolboi(m): 12:30pm On Feb 04, 2015
even dual Sim is too small. triple Sim would have been best

1 Like

Re: Research Shows Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Dual Sim Phone Users In The World by sophtaf(f): 12:30pm On Feb 04, 2015
MuguliciousMUGU:
Nigeria no dey carry last na, in everything nigeria must be there, even in corruption, terrorism, highest viewers of blue film, highest number of political parties (PDP, APC , MDPM- Mugulicous democratic party for Mugus) and others and also the highest number of churches, we also have a presidential aspirant without a certificate too, infact we too much.

We only have three set of people in this world, we have the BLACKS and THE WHITE and NIGERIA.
haaaaaaaaaa

1 Like

Re: Research Shows Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Dual Sim Phone Users In The World by dominique(f): 12:30pm On Feb 04, 2015
Almost everybody has more than one sim (including yours truly), I can't do without a dual sim phone.

1 Like

Re: Research Shows Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Dual Sim Phone Users In The World by Crownbird(m): 12:31pm On Feb 04, 2015
Can't Blame the Country, imagine a country where an Individual have more than One Sim ... Credit, MB, Network Service ...

If you have One Sim ... Reply
(I mean Youth not our p'man or mama dem)
Re: Research Shows Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Dual Sim Phone Users In The World by hizaya61(m): 12:31pm On Feb 04, 2015
Sai tecno, Itel and innjoo
Re: Research Shows Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Dual Sim Phone Users In The World by PrinceJustice(m): 12:33pm On Feb 04, 2015
Naija no dey carry last
Re: Research Shows Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Dual Sim Phone Users In The World by Kingsasian(m): 12:36pm On Feb 04, 2015
Hehehehehehehehehehehehe, in other words na we use china phones pass in the world. Even korea no dey use dual sim....hmmmm.

1 Like

Re: Research Shows Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Dual Sim Phone Users In The World by adioolayi(m): 12:36pm On Feb 04, 2015
Reasons?? ...Unrealiable network....Airtel works well at home, Mtn works well at office, Glo do well at the church, etisalat the best at the market!! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Research Shows Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Dual Sim Phone Users In The World by callmenow: 12:37pm On Feb 04, 2015
lalasticlala:
According to research from Open Signal – a technology reseach company, shows that 66 percent of Nigerians use dual SIM phones.
At 66 percent prevalence, Open Signal, the crowdsourced cell phone signal startup, has flagged Nigeria as the country with the highest penetration of dual SIM devices in the world.

These calculations typically use subscriber numbers provided by mobile network operators.
Meaning; for every five mobile phones in Nigeria, three will most likely turn out to be Dual SIMed. South Korea has the lowest prevalence at 0.40 percent.

Image credit: OpenSignal

http://citypeoplegroup.org/i/research-shows-nigeria-has-the-highest-number-of-dual-sim-phone-users-in-the-world/

Another reason to vote for Jonathan and PDP
Re: Research Shows Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Dual Sim Phone Users In The World by Ilekeh(f): 12:38pm On Feb 04, 2015
Cheating thingz

1 Like

Re: Research Shows Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Dual Sim Phone Users In The World by soldierdollar(m): 12:38pm On Feb 04, 2015
Scarpon:
Really? Then what about China?

We are talking in terms of percentage

1 Like

Re: Research Shows Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Dual Sim Phone Users In The World by 76Naira(m): 12:41pm On Feb 04, 2015
Effect of unreliable networks.
If we had a competitive network with full coverage and high quality calls, many would drop the extra sim and maybe extra phone.

1 Like

Re: Research Shows Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Dual Sim Phone Users In The World by Misogynist2014(m): 12:41pm On Feb 04, 2015
Good
Re: Research Shows Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Dual Sim Phone Users In The World by adedayourt(m): 12:47pm On Feb 04, 2015
A Little More Light On The Meaning Of The Thread

Glo
Airtel
MTN
Etisalat

Thers is no trusted network provider among them all. They all operate as oligopoly
Oligopoly also meanin Cartel is a situation where you can't REALLY POINT at a clear cut advantage of a product over another.
These network providers offer basically same thing just differernce in COLOUR nd package.

Now come to think of it the greater % of network providers in nig are forigne company and in their home country they dare not offer appauling phone services as its been done here.

Why

Simply bcus they have come to understand our govt don't care, inasmuch as dey pay tax assessment (which is most of the time nt remmited in full) the govt ll shy away from of their unethical attitude nd lame service.

An average nig uses 2/3 phones cus dey don't trust any of d providers to bail in emergencies.

Its an anomally we all need to standup againt nt just d govt alone.
But in my country nig, who cares "so far say I dey make my 2 to 3 mins cal nd he dey connet"
Re: Research Shows Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Dual Sim Phone Users In The World by Bibol(f): 12:48pm On Feb 04, 2015
No thanks to the inconsistencies of network service providers and their unstable tarrifs

1 Like

Re: Research Shows Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Dual Sim Phone Users In The World by Judy92: 12:50pm On Feb 04, 2015
smiley winkJust in case you are interested in online shop..
It is free access to create the shop of your dream. most especially when you've got your own shop already in progress at your near by street.
This site am about to share, gives you the privilege to open your own shop online, to either expand your business the more or to start up a business.
I Have used the platform and opened my dream business, which am still working on...

So below is the Platform e-commerce link,
http://www.getshopin.com.ng/
This platform is specially made for Nigerians, and the main branch of this company is in Vilnius, Lithuania.
just sign up and create your business. The start up is very free, only when your transaction is on process that's when you are required some amount of money depending on the Plan you choose.

I attached a picture of my own shop that am building. so hope you see it and start getting access to your's...

Re: Research Shows Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Dual Sim Phone Users In The World by AdeniyiA(m): 12:53pm On Feb 04, 2015
me wey dey use 4-SIM phone nko ? cool

1 Like

Re: Research Shows Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Dual Sim Phone Users In The World by Nobody: 12:54pm On Feb 04, 2015
Naija nor dey carry last....

1 Like

Re: Research Shows Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Dual Sim Phone Users In The World by jsunex(m): 12:58pm On Feb 04, 2015
Fact, because of bad services rendered

1 Like

Re: Research Shows Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Dual Sim Phone Users In The World by Nobody: 12:58pm On Feb 04, 2015
Lol I used to have 3 SIMs while in Nigeria, my dad has 5, my mum has 3, my sister has 2, only my youngest sibling use 1.

Before y'all judge my family, na because of bad network and maybe tariffs too. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nine Benefits Of Using Screen Protectors On Smartphones / HMD Global Has Launched The Nokia 6.1 Plus And Nokia 5.1 Plus With Notch Display / Reasons Why The Use Of RAM Cleaners And Task Killers Should Be Avoided

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.