Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,526 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

Reasons Why The Use Of RAM Cleaners And Task Killers Should Be Avoided - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Reasons Why The Use Of RAM Cleaners And Task Killers Should Be Avoided (14749 Views)

How To Backup All Your Phone Data Without The Use Of A Laptop Before Formatting / Android Battery Killers: 5 Worst Apps That Use Up Smartphone Battery / Do We Really Need 6GB Of RAM On Our Smartphones? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why The Use Of RAM Cleaners And Task Killers Should Be Avoided by zumen(m): 7:52am On Jul 10, 2015
Once upon a time, apps like Clean Master and All In One Toolbox aided the android user in making the smartphone operating system experience in to a faster and more enjoyable one. Now, thanks to the latest updates of these operating systems, such apps’ functionalities of RAM cleaning and Task killing are no longer required.

In fact, using them over and over again will detriment the performance of your android smartphone. For users who have an abounding number of maintenance apps present in their devices, here are three reasons why you should avoid using RAM cleaners and Task killers.

1. Android is not a Windows operating system

android_windows1

There is a huge difference between using a Windows operating system and using the android operating system. Ranging from their interface to their functionalities; everything is different about both

operating systems. That being said, the difference in operating systems will also require the user to maintain the performance of the android device using different means rather than just using RAM cleaners and Task killers.

While using Windows, you will have to follow the popular adage: ‘The more the better’ which automatically translates that the more memory you have present in your system, the better your experience is going to be.

This is because programs running in Windows need as much RAM as possible to perform at optimum levels. If you have a lower amount of RAM, then the Windows operating system will start using your hard disk space as virtual RAM to compensate for the limited RAM you have in your system; and to top it all, we all know that a hard disk will never be as fast as RAM modules so you will end up with choppy performance.

How is the Android operating system different?

We are glad you asked that. In a nut shell, it’s very different. For starters, the operating system is organized enough to keep an automatic handler for a$$igning the right amount of RAM to apps In order to make sure that these applications are working in the best way possible.

Android purposely tries to keep apps loaded into RAM for better performance, something that is very different in Windows. If you’re a master of multitasking, then make sure that the next smartphone you intend on purchasing is loaded with a minimum of 2 GB of RAM because the apps that you have stuffed in your device are no doubt very hungry. An important thing to mention is that the

user will not experience any performance hit whatsoever for leaving the apps running in the background. Thanks to the operating system’s own RAM handler, your apps are also taken care of in such a way that they do not end up utilizing the necessary processing power that you will need for executing and completing other tasks.

2. Continuously using RAM cleaners and Taskkillers will reduce your internal memory’s and SD card’s lifespan

SD slot

In a Windows operating system, mechanical hard drives with movable disks are typically used to store tons of data. The world his slowly yet surely started to make a steady transition from traditional mechanical hard drives to solid stage drives. Unlike traditional mechanical hard drives, solid state drives do not possess any movable parts. They do however, comprise up of NAND flash memory to store data and therefore, under any circumstances should NOT be defragmented. The exact same principle can be used for Android devices. Since these devices do not comprise up of any movable disks, the use of RAM cleaners and Task killers will end up being a deleterious operation for your devices.

When you clear apps from RAM, Android is just going to load them into the RAM again the next time it needs to access those apps (which can happen when notifications, updates, and other background details sprout up). The constant killing of apps will actually end up being a slower operation since it takes more time to load apps on to the RAM than it takes to actually keep them running in the background.

Furthermore, killing tasks and loading them in to RAM comsumes more battery life and utilizes additional CPU’s power. So in the end, you will be making far more sacrifices than you should; including the one where you reduce the lifespan of the SD card and internal flash memory of the device.

3. There are other suitable alternatives to maintaining your device

First off. Stop using the RAM cleaner and Task killer apps altogether. If you can reduce the frequency of usingl these apps then you will be doing your device a favor. However, uninstalling these will increase the longevity of your devices. Sadly, we know that is not possible since there are other functions of using these apps which are deemed useful. Some of the functions accompanied by these apps are as follows

+ Clearing the cache

+ Deleting browser history

+ Erasing call logs

+ Erasing unnecessary and temporary files off SD card

The most resourceful thing to do in this kind of situation is to disable the functionality of automatic task killing that the app undertakes. Do this, and you will not have to worry about anything else. However, if your head is still hovering around removing the apps that you do not want to use currently, then you can get rid of them by tapping or holding the ‘recent apps’ button on your device, and one by one, swipe the apps in either direction.

We hope that this article has edified you in bringing you one step closer on how exactly your android device works. Stop using RAM cleaners and Task killers altogether, and you will breathe new life in to your device.

Source:

http://zumiinfo.com/2015/07/reasons-why-the-use-of-ram-cleaners-and-task-killers-should-be-avoided/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why The Use Of RAM Cleaners And Task Killers Should Be Avoided by INTROVERT(f): 7:52am On Jul 10, 2015
My phone hangs a lot and I use task manager to clear apps. So am spoiling my phone? angry

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why The Use Of RAM Cleaners And Task Killers Should Be Avoided by kossyablaze(m): 7:58am On Jul 10, 2015
With my Samsung galaxy s5...itz faster than light

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reasons Why The Use Of RAM Cleaners And Task Killers Should Be Avoided by Young03(m): 8:00am On Jul 10, 2015
hmmm, cleaner works automatically

its good for mi o
Re: Reasons Why The Use Of RAM Cleaners And Task Killers Should Be Avoided by samintegrity(m): 8:11am On Jul 10, 2015
Hmmmmm
Re: Reasons Why The Use Of RAM Cleaners And Task Killers Should Be Avoided by Alfred234(m): 8:21am On Jul 10, 2015
I like my clean master it helps me delete useless invisible files that take up my memory space so am spoiling my phone shocked

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why The Use Of RAM Cleaners And Task Killers Should Be Avoided by Isaacmacdon(m): 8:48am On Jul 10, 2015
INTROVERT:
My phone hangs a lot and I use task manager to clear apps. So am spoiling my phone? angry
help me ask d o.p o... Clean master has bn helping my phone...

*** but bae.. De way I see it ehn.. u go make sense.. as in sense.. figuratively.. grin

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why The Use Of RAM Cleaners And Task Killers Should Be Avoided by Starrylady(f): 8:58am On Jul 10, 2015
Wateva has a benefit also has its shortcoming! Clean master shaa mk brain!
Re: Reasons Why The Use Of RAM Cleaners And Task Killers Should Be Avoided by Flashh: 8:58am On Jul 10, 2015
Before you download any application on PlayStore, always go through the comments. It helps a lot.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why The Use Of RAM Cleaners And Task Killers Should Be Avoided by kingarizona1(m): 8:59am On Jul 10, 2015
INTROVERT:

Teacher - introvert what do u do when u wake up in the morning?

Introvert - Sir, when I wake up, I collect my phone, login Nairaland, straight new topic, comment nd try to be the 1st to comment

18 Likes

Re: Reasons Why The Use Of RAM Cleaners And Task Killers Should Be Avoided by Expsbterror(m): 8:59am On Jul 10, 2015
Hmmmm

So dey do have side effects? Hmmmmm
Re: Reasons Why The Use Of RAM Cleaners And Task Killers Should Be Avoided by ManMi4real: 9:00am On Jul 10, 2015
K
Re: Reasons Why The Use Of RAM Cleaners And Task Killers Should Be Avoided by Dreyl(m): 9:00am On Jul 10, 2015
ok
Re: Reasons Why The Use Of RAM Cleaners And Task Killers Should Be Avoided by Nobody: 9:00am On Jul 10, 2015
K
Re: Reasons Why The Use Of RAM Cleaners And Task Killers Should Be Avoided by emmanuel2015: 9:01am On Jul 10, 2015
lolz
Re: Reasons Why The Use Of RAM Cleaners And Task Killers Should Be Avoided by ManMi4real: 9:01am On Jul 10, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Reasons Why The Use Of RAM Cleaners And Task Killers Should Be Avoided by gen2briz(m): 9:02am On Jul 10, 2015
Not again.
Re: Reasons Why The Use Of RAM Cleaners And Task Killers Should Be Avoided by soccerors: 9:02am On Jul 10, 2015
... our next fixed games will be tomorrow saturday 11/07/15
contact 07061951982 on WhatsApp
also check our BBM channel: C00215CCF

Re: Reasons Why The Use Of RAM Cleaners And Task Killers Should Be Avoided by b3llo(m): 9:02am On Jul 10, 2015
so true
Re: Reasons Why The Use Of RAM Cleaners And Task Killers Should Be Avoided by ammyluv2002(f): 9:03am On Jul 10, 2015
ikemeikon:
hmmm, I never knew this is dangerous at all
Me too! I'm shocked shocked
Re: Reasons Why The Use Of RAM Cleaners And Task Killers Should Be Avoided by Wisdomkosi(m): 9:04am On Jul 10, 2015
Click like if you won't uninstall yours

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why The Use Of RAM Cleaners And Task Killers Should Be Avoided by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 10, 2015
But I use cleanmaster on my PC.
Re: Reasons Why The Use Of RAM Cleaners And Task Killers Should Be Avoided by Nobody: 9:05am On Jul 10, 2015
Lol... so I shud delete clean master... na wa o
Re: Reasons Why The Use Of RAM Cleaners And Task Killers Should Be Avoided by realtestament(m): 9:05am On Jul 10, 2015
Nat for we iphone users cool
Re: Reasons Why The Use Of RAM Cleaners And Task Killers Should Be Avoided by Segadem(m): 9:05am On Jul 10, 2015
good
Re: Reasons Why The Use Of RAM Cleaners And Task Killers Should Be Avoided by olawoyintolani: 9:05am On Jul 10, 2015
Re: Reasons Why The Use Of RAM Cleaners And Task Killers Should Be Avoided by slinkman(m): 9:10am On Jul 10, 2015
Android onpoint
Re: Reasons Why The Use Of RAM Cleaners And Task Killers Should Be Avoided by fitinwell: 9:13am On Jul 10, 2015
Idonbelieve your story.

In dis jet age.... U need task app killer and cleaner.... For smooth operation of your Android phones or tablet.

We have robust games apps... And office utilities app... Running on multiplexing which kills the Ram faster.. And causes our phone to nag.. Drag...

In ur summary.. Deleting browser cookies ursef.. And creating space as suggested.. Why go through such stress.. When with one click.... Using any of the app cleaner dos the Job for you.. Even sum app detects virus.. Malware and clears dem.. Off with one click..

So sir review your note.

Thanks

Whatapp only; 08068518729
Re: Reasons Why The Use Of RAM Cleaners And Task Killers Should Be Avoided by HopeAtHand: 9:14am On Jul 10, 2015
INTROVERT:

That fone u always use to comment before others, why wouldn't it be worked up.

Should i buy you a new fone?

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why The Use Of RAM Cleaners And Task Killers Should Be Avoided by madgoat(m): 9:19am On Jul 10, 2015
INTROVERT:

U again on FTC angry angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gionee Phones Below 40,000, 30,000 & 20,000 Naira / Letter To Airtel Nigeria / Whatsapp To Allow Users To Edit Sent Messages, But Only Within 15 Mins Range

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.