Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,934 members, 7,866,536 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 07:28 PM

What Is Atheophobia? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Atheophobia? (2554 Views)

Atheists Stories Of Religious Discrimination And Atheophobia (a Library ) / Re: What Is Atheophobia? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Atheophobia? by mnwankwo(m): 3:46pm On Jan 02, 2009
I beg to differ.  I suppose you are a Christian and believe the bible is the written word of God.  If so,  can you demonstrate using the bible that those true believers in God do not bear ill thoughts or hatred towards non-believers

On the contrary, there are dozens of places in the bible where the non-believers in the Jewish God are victimized and killed specifically because the worship other gods.

On a more recent note, the history of the spread of Christianity is littered with hatred, bijotry, violence and war in the name of the Christian god.  Now you could argue that those who persecuted these violent campaigns were not true Christians.  If so, in what way are they different for the belligerent god-inspired warriors of the Old Testament, the likes of David, Joshua, Moses, Ezekiel, etc, etc?

In what ways were Constantine's , Charlemagne's or the Crusaders' campaigns to spread Christianity different from those of David, Moses, Joshua?  Were these people not true believers?

Hi huxley. I do not believe that the bible is the word of God. In many debates that I have had with you, I have always made this point whenever you asked about. All religion without exception has a history of bigotry or violence commited in the name of God. My position is and will always be that those acts are not from God and the pepatrators of these murders, violence or bigotry acted out of their own free will. Murder is murder in the sight of God wheather pepatrated by a christian, an islamist, an atheist or an agnostic. It is the nature of the activity that determines wheather something is evil or good and not the religion, sex, social status etc of the pepatrator. I hold that the manifestation of the will of God has the intrinsic attributes of LOVE and JUSTICE. That means that where love and justice are lacking, then the activity or event or process is not from God but rather the evil activities of men. Obedience to the will of God will produce human beings who will love other human beings and will not seek to harm them in anyway. Indeed genuine service to God demands that one love even those that hate him or her. Thus for a genuine worshiper of God, bigotry, intolerance, violence, crusades, jihads etc are completely out of the question.  Whenever violence, hatred, animosity, bigotry and enmity against those of different convictions  arise in us, then evil is lurking even when we call ourselves "children, men or prohet  of God" Evil is alien to God and it should and must be alien to those who truely serve God. Stay blessed.

1 Like

Re: What Is Atheophobia? by huxley(m): 4:12pm On Jan 02, 2009
m_nwankwo:

Hi huxley. I do not believe that the bible is the word of God. In many debates that I have had with you, I have always made this point whenever you asked about. All religion without exception has a history of bigotry or violence commited in the name of God. My position is and will always be that those acts are not from God and the pepatrators of these murders, violence or bigotry acted out of their own free will. Murder is murder in the sight of God wheather pepatrated by a christian, an islamist, an atheist or an agnostic. It is the nature of the activity that determines wheather something is evil or good and not the religion, sex, social status etc of the pepatrator. I hold that the manifestation of the will of God has the intrinsic attributes of LOVE and JUSTICE. That means that where love and justice are lacking, then the activity or event or process is not from God but rather the evil activities of men. Obedience to the will of God will produce human beings who will love other human beings and will not seek to harm them in anyway. Indeed genuine service to God demands that one love even those that hate him or her. Thus for a genuine worshiper of God, bigotry, intolerance, violence, crusades, jihads etc are completely out of the question.  Whenever violence, hatred, animosity, bigotry and enmity against those of different convictions  arise in us, then evil is lurking even when we call ourselves "children, men or prohet  of God" Evil is alien to God and it should and must be alien to those who truely serve God. Stay blessed.

If the bible is the the word of god, then what is it? Does god speak to us? If so, how does he speak to us?
Re: What Is Atheophobia? by mnwankwo(m): 4:18pm On Jan 02, 2009
huxley:

If the bible is the the word of god, then what is it? Does god speak to us? If so, how does he speak to us?

I guess you meant to write "If the bible is not the word of God". I do not go into debates on why I do not believe that the bible is  the word of God. Each person should find that out for himself. As per your other questions, I think we have debated such in detail so time last year and it may not be necessary to repeat our well known postions on the matter.
Re: What Is Atheophobia? by Lady2(f): 7:35pm On Jan 02, 2009
"We" did not attach several purposes for sex, we evolved to what we are now and thus sex plays a lot more complex role than just procreation.
Ovulation, a point in a females reproductive cycle when it is suitable to be impregnated is concealed in humans and bonobos( you should read more about these they display homosexual behaviour too). So both partners do not if the female is fertile or not. A possible reason for this distinct biological feature may be formation of strong emotional bonds between sexual partners important for social interactions and, in the case of humans, long-term partnership rather than immediate sexual reproductionHumans, bonobos and dolphins are all intelligent social animals, whose cooperative behavior proves far more successful than that of any individual alone. In these animals, the use of sex has evolved beyond reproduction apparently to serve additional social functions. Sex reinforces intimate social bonds between individuals to form larger social structures. The resulting cooperation encourages collective tasks that promote the survival of each member of the group.

Lol, so when did humans become bonobos and dolphins? When did humans and dolphins and bonobos get on the same level?
What's next a driver's license for a dolphin? A voter's registration card?

Why is it that you can't show evidence of homosexuality being natural in the human species (as I asked)? You always jump to the animals.
Re: What Is Atheophobia? by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:37pm On Jan 02, 2009
Lady your last post just shows you not out for a real debate, I have given you answers to the myths you had about sex and all you could come up with is that excuse you just posted. Its ok to retreat into ignorance, you were the first to claim it was not natural and I have debunked every one of your claim. Nobody admits defeat on nairaland, I am sure whoever is reading knows you got your ass whooped cheesy
Re: What Is Atheophobia? by Lady2(f): 6:15am On Jan 03, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

Lady your last post just shows you not out for a real debate, I have given you answers to the myths you had about sex and all you could come up with is that excuse you just posted. Its ok to retreat into ignorance, you were the first to claim it was not natural and I have debunked every one of your claim. Nobody admits defeat on nairaland, I am sure whoever is reading knows you got your ass whooped cheesy

Are you angry that I didn't write a dissertation?

When you are ready to discuss what I asked for let me know.

I didn't ask for dolphins and other animals, I asked for humans. I saw the wiki page, and so what? I am supposed to believe that is the way things are supposed to be done because people are doing it? What is this the "everyone's doing it, so I must believe in it" era? Because society today defines it as such doesn't make it right. That is my point, we have lost track of what the functions of the sexual organs are.

Sexual intercourse is not supposed to be taking place in the anus. The anus' function is not supposed sex, the hands and fingers are not sexual organs
So I am going to ask again, what is the function of the male and female sexual organs/ reproductive system?

Let me make it simple:

The lungs are used for breating
The heart pumps blood to the rest of the body
The sexual organs and reproductive systems are used for?

What is that one thing you cannot do without the male and female reproductive system?
Re: What Is Atheophobia? by Nobody: 6:20am On Jan 03, 2009
are these atheists for real? grin

Ovulation, a point in a females reproductive cycle when it is suitable to be impregnated is concealed in humans and bonobos( you should read more about these they display homosexual behaviour too). So both partners do not if the female is fertile or not. A possible reason for this distinct biological feature may be formation of strong emotional bonds between sexual partners important for social interactions and, in the case of humans, long-term partnership rather than immediate sexual reproduction

the only reason ovulation is "concealed" in humans is because we wear dresses. If women walked about in the nude it would be fairly easy to detect when a woman will ovulate by counting backwards from when she sees her menstrual cycle! cheesy

Are you the cousin of a bonobo?
Re: What Is Atheophobia? by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:12am On Jan 03, 2009
davidylan:
the only reason ovulation is "concealed" in humans is because we wear dresses. If women walked about in the nude it would be fairly easy to detect when a woman will ovulate by counting backwards from when she sees her menstrual cycle!
Rotflmao, david what the heck is that? Did you read at all or you just wanted a piece of the action? Lol, do us both a favour and edit that post, a lot of people will be disappointed to see it.
What does the word concealed mean?
Do women show external signs when they are in estrus?
You are telling me of counting. *hisses very loudly*
Re: What Is Atheophobia? by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:38am On Jan 03, 2009
~Lady~:

Are you angry that I didn't write a dissertation?
When you are ready to discuss what I asked for let me know.
Sweetheart cheesy angry ke, I no fit angry for you na, can you not see that david is jealousing our sweet talk smiley
Maybe a bit sad that you have decided to see things the way you do but its ok.
I am sure that wiki page dealt with humans and I have answered your questions. Let me reiterate
Lady: the main purpose of sex is to procreate
Chris: well thats not so true, *chris went ahead to show the whole recreation, reproduction, relational kini*
The functions of the sexual organs is sex and the functions of sex are as I have explained.
Now can you answer my questions let me quote myself

First of all what do you have a problem with?
Homosexuality as a sexual orientation?
Homosexuality as a sexual behavior?
Or
Homosexuality as a sexual identity?
Cheers.
Re: What Is Atheophobia? by Lady2(f): 10:12am On Jan 03, 2009
Sweetheart angry ke, I no fit angry for you na, can you not see that david is jealousing our sweet talk

Lol, leave David alone jo.

Maybe a bit sad that you have decided to see things the way you do but its ok.

Eya pele, I will continue to see it that way until you answer my question. All you did was give me information on what people do nowadays, which isn't always right. Just because it's done that way doesn't mean it is supposed to be done that way, or is the function of the anus for sex?
Some women are havin sexual intercourse with their dogs (I've actually come across some that do, yuck) soon enough it will find its way into Wiki as something that people for sexual intercourse, for sexual pleasure, should we accept that too.
Just because wiki posts it doesn't mean it is supposed to be done that way.

So I'm going to ask you one more time, WHAT IS THE MAIN FUNCTION OF THE SEXUAL ORGANS/REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM?

Chris: well thats not so true, *chris went ahead to show the whole recreation, reproduction, relational kini*

These are things that come with it. The usual end result when proper sexual intercourse takes place is procreation, it just so happens that it is pleasurable. Pleasure can be derived from many things, but you can only procreate through the sexual organs/reproductive systems.
A benefit of sex is a boost to the immune system, whoo hoo, however, the immune system can still be sustained with other means, infact if one needs a boost in the immune system the cure is not sex, but you can only procreate through the sexaul organs/reproductive systems. Sex is also beneficial for good exercise, but we all know that when someone is obese the doctor doesn't prescribe sex as a type of work out, they are to go running, walking, dieting, lifting weights and all that. So as you can see exercise can be gotten by other means. But you can only procreate through the sexual organs/reproductive systems.

To have sex, one needs to move, that gives exercise, exercise is moving, and it helps boost the immune system, but we all know that the sexual organs/reproductive system are used for procreation. That is the only way you can procreate, that is the main function.

The mouth is not a sexual organ, the anus is not a sexual organ, the hand is not a sexual organ. The sooner we start remembering that the better for us.

This actually helps my argument. The male and female sexual organ compliment each other, even for men to get pleasure they need some kind of a hole. For MouthAction, the mouth is formed to have a "hole effect" even when he masturbates the hand is formed to have a "hole effect" (hope you get the picture I'm painting)
For females, they need a pointy thing, hence the vibrator, the finger, the tongue (for talented men), they need something that is fashioned after the male sexual organ, and males need something that is fashioned after the female sexual organ. They were made for each other, they compliment each other.

Can a penis satisfy a penis? Can a vagina satisfy a vagina? Even if it's not for procreation. Why do they need other things, why can't they be pleasured with their sexual organs alone?

My point is, we've gotten away from what the purpose of sex is and attached so much to it and it terrifies me to think of where we are going to end up. Soon enough we'll be figuring out how to help a woman and her baboon husband get a child because they are so in love and want to grow their "family"

The line between humans and animals are wearing thin and trust me it will soon disappear. Now we're using the fact that some animals are naturally homosexual to define human homosexuality as natural even though we cannot truthfully say that homosexuality is natural within the human species.
Re: What Is Atheophobia? by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:32am On Jan 03, 2009

Lol, leave David alone jo.
Ok oh just tell am say amebo no fit am.
I am sure you know that whole dog talk is irrelevant to this discussion so I will stick to the point.
I answered your question in my last post. The main function of the sexual organs is SEX.
Sex achieves the following purposes
1 Reproduction
2 Recreation
3 Relation
Because we are complex beings we have found means to seperate them, thus one can gave sex for a variety of reasons. I hope you know there is something called IVF and so sex per say does not have to be involved for one to reproduce.
One can choose to have sex for any or two or all of the three purposes.
That wiki page contained links to books and from professionals in this field, surely you are not one ( thats obvious from your posts) so how do you know that you are right? Is it just your basic human instinct?
Can I have the answers to my questions now? Be fair to me na
Re: What Is Atheophobia? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 03, 2009
Martian:
The absence of evidence is the evidence of absence.
With due respect, your ideas are 800 years old. You are still on the level of Thomas Aquinas => http://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/aquinas/summa/sum005.htm
Re: What Is Atheophobia? by Lady2(f): 5:16am On Jan 04, 2009
Ok oh just tell am say amebo no fit am.

lol, ok.

@ David, amebo no fit u.

@ Chris, there I said it are you happy now?

I am sure you know that whole dog talk is irrelevant to this discussion so I will stick to the point.

It's very relevant to my point, I was going somewhere with it.

I answered your question in my last post. The main function of the sexual organs is SEX.
Sex achieves the following purposes
1 Reproduction
2 Recreation
3 Relation

You were right on one, Reproduction. You do not need to have sex to have recreation, you will be satisfied by other means. You don't need to have sex for relation, before sex occurs there already is a relation, you don't just point to a person and have sex with them. Even in one night stands you at least know something about the person.

Reproduction is the only thing that is reliant on Sexual organs. It is the main purpose of sex. The ends is procreation, the means to the end are recreation and relation.

Because we are complex beings we have found means to seperate them, thus one can gave sex for a variety of reasons. I hope you know there is something called IVF and so sex per say does not have to be involved for one to reproduce.
One can choose to have sex for any or two or all of the three purposes.
That wiki page contained links to books and from professionals in this field, surely you are not one ( thats obvious from your posts) so how do you know that you are right? Is it just your basic human instinct?

IVF is unnatural and even that cannot be done without the reproductive system, and that's what I've been getting at. Most people don't choose to have sex for procreation, yet procreation occurs, why?
Most people choose to have sex for relational purposes and yet they end up at procreation, that's why we have abortion and birth control pills and condoms, why do we need this if the main purpose of sex can be relational or recreational?

I am not a sex professional, but I don't need a textbook to tell me that when a man and woman have sex the end result is procreation. These professionals only elaborate more on the practice of people today. They don't state what the main function is for, they only state that well nowadays people are using sex for exercise and relational purposes, because these just happen to be the benefits.

Sex is not rocket science.

We have shifted the purpose of sex to include many other things, and that is why we are having homosexuality and are now trying to define it as natural to the human species.
For goodness sake you can get the same feeling from humping a chair or sticking your penis in something with a "hole effect", and yes you can get recreational benefits that way, should we all start humping chairs and calling it natural or sticking joysticks in something with a "hole effect?"
Re: What Is Atheophobia? by Nobody: 6:22am On Apr 25, 2013
Hmmm....a great thread before my time

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can You Disprove The Gods You Don't Believe In / Former Nation Of Islam Follower Turns To Christ / I Used Music To Spread The Gospel – Patty Obasi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.