Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,625 members, 7,813,053 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:47 AM

Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement (26177 Views)

Kids Carrying Placards To Protest In Edo Against Election Outcome ( Pictures) / "Don't Make Election Rigger A Minister"-abuja Protest Against Mobanikoro(picture / Election Postponement And The Position Of The Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement by Djbaka(m): 12:55pm On Feb 05, 2015
FEB 14 or STATE OF EMERGENCY!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement by 100Cents: 12:55pm On Feb 05, 2015
I was here.

Just returned..
Re: Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement by victorazy(m): 12:55pm On Feb 05, 2015
aljazira:
GEJ must GO..............GMB must COME

grin no be only come, he must release grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement by landinfo: 12:56pm On Feb 05, 2015
I only pray for GOD to give the youth jobs cos when there are available jobs, youth wouldn't have time for what do they call it again......hmmm eheeen eheeen....P.R.O.T.E.S.T
Re: Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement by aorta(m): 12:56pm On Feb 05, 2015
Re: Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement by dudu12: 12:57pm On Feb 05, 2015
raymond284:
Postpone or No postpone...

I hear

BUHARI all the WAY
Re: Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement by SomebodyLovesMe: 12:57pm On Feb 05, 2015
Taylor86:
am 4 GEJ but not 4 election postponement.....if he tries it am afraid I have to defect to APC

He has already tried it. Please deflect to the party of change.
Re: Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement by ej77: 12:57pm On Feb 05, 2015
siraj1402:
Happening Now: Protest against election postponement In Abuja

Update

Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement
Concerned Nigerians began a peaceful protest march in Abuja today calling on the chair of the Independent National Election Commission INEC), Prof. Attahiru Jega not to bow to pressures mounted on him by President Goodluck Jonathan and Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to postpone the upcoming general elections slated for February 2015.

Concerned Nigerians began a peaceful protest march in Abuja today calling on the chair of the Independent National Election Commission INEC), Prof. Attahiru Jega not to bow to pressures mounted on him by President Goodluck Jonathan and Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to postpone the upcoming general elections slated for February 2015. The protest which started at the popular Unity Fountain across Transcorp Hilton Hotel at the Federal capital Territory has moved towards the Aso Rock Presidential Villa gate where protesters said that they are going to tell members of the National Council of State which is billed to hold a meeting in respect of the postponement of election not to dare shift the date of the elections as Nigerians are fully ready for elections.
One of the protest leaders, Olatunde Daniels told reporters that the group will resist any attempt by the government to postpone the elections, saying that Nigerians are ready for election, and that no amount of propaganda will make Nigeria allow the ruling party truncate Nigeria’s democracy.

Several of the protesters carried placards with inscriptions that read: “No to election postponement”, “Nigerians are ready for elections”, “On Feb.14th we stand” ,”Democracy must survive, GEJ, you claimed you have improved power sector and built 200 roads, why are you afraid of election.”

As at the time of publishing this report the protesters have gathered in sizable numbers in front of Eagle Square where well armed anti-riot mobile policemen blocked them from going further. The protesters began chanting anti-government songs.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/02/05/nigerians-abuja-protest-against-election-postponement
stop callin PDP they are not the call election prospmt. 16 political party calls 4 it PDP is not among.
Re: Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement by 100Cents: 12:57pm On Feb 05, 2015
Whether it is postponed or not, e no concern me..
Re: Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement by Jowonloju(m): 12:58pm On Feb 05, 2015
#ELECTIONMUSTHOLD

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement by KEVIND: 12:58pm On Feb 05, 2015
If crisis erupt after the election without proper policing & planning,they'll be the first to blame Jonathan.Prevention is better than cure.
Re: Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement by MalcoImX: 12:58pm On Feb 05, 2015
We saying no to election postponement!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement by SomebodyLovesMe: 12:59pm On Feb 05, 2015
KEVIND:
If crisis erupt after the election without proper policing & planning,they'll be the first to blame Jonathan.Prevention is better than cure.

How will a 6-week delay curb violence? If violence has not been curbed in 6 years, it cannot be curbed in 6 weeks. Think.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement by citimartmag: 12:59pm On Feb 05, 2015
A very many number of people have not collected PVCs. my colleagues and I have not collected. would a shift in date affect how any Nigerian votes? if u r confident in Buhari, does a change in date affect how u vote?

How people continually allow themselves to be used and manipulated at will is beyond me!
Re: Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement by madjune(m): 12:59pm On Feb 05, 2015
They say one was afraid of debate and now one is afraid of ELECTION.

You tell me, who is a more threat to our democracy?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement by Abdgafarplenty(m): 1:01pm On Feb 05, 2015
aorta:

WAI
wait for it
Re: Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement by jeje123(m): 1:02pm On Feb 05, 2015
Ruling Nigeria like military leader why afraid of defeit now oga jonah its too late! Be packing ur load gradually sir it will not easy @ all.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement by MalcoImX: 1:02pm On Feb 05, 2015
ej77:
stop callin PDP they are not the call election prospmt. 16 political party calls 4 it PDP is not among.
Apart from PDP and APC the others are tribal development associations.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement by KEVIND: 1:03pm On Feb 05, 2015
SomebodyLovesMe:

How will a 6-week delay curb violence? If violence has not been curbed in 6 years, it cannot be curbed in 6 weeks. Think.

You and I are not in the govt to see or know the intelligence report at their disposal. Pls Reason.
Re: Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement by Ideyontop: 1:04pm On Feb 05, 2015
This election needs to be shifted! It's obvious INEC is not ready! A lot of people have not collected their PVCs. This is not a matter of APC or PDP. After all its not only Jonathan that's making the decision,its all past presidents (including Buhari) and all state governors (including Amaechi)

So pls u guys should give Jonathan some rest abeg.... everything Jonathan....mtchewwww
Re: Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement by Nobody: 1:04pm On Feb 05, 2015
Let the election hold on 14 feb 2015

Goodluck Ebere Jonathan Till 2019***

No shaking at all****
Re: Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement by Chibokgame: 1:05pm On Feb 05, 2015
Bad news.
Bad report.
Bad belle protest.

When was it the news or GEJ's comments that he proposed a shift in the election date .

When did the PDP asked for a postponement of the election date?

This protest is an arranged propaganda from the other party whose name begins with the letter "A"

For me o
#electionmusthold#
Re: Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement by upcrown2512(m): 1:07pm On Feb 05, 2015
#NO TO ELECTION POSTPONEMENT.

GEJ Is becoming more popular as a POLITICAL EGALITARIANISM.
Re: Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement by Nobody: 1:07pm On Feb 05, 2015
MrMcJay:
Okay.

I have always said that the last time Tinubu and Aregbesola campaigned against someone, he had to shove two cobs of maize into his mouth.

Now that Soyinka compared GEJ to Nebuchadnezzar and Tinubu is working aginst the same GEJ, whether it is an handful of grass, a stack of grass, a field of grass, or he would relocate to the forest for easy supply of grasses, Jonathan must chop grass.

Abeg go siddon Jare!!id Tinubu and Aregbesola not campaign against Obiano and Fayose finally what haapened!!Ust sit and watch that useless Tinubu demystified.The only state APC will win is Ogun.PDP nd Accord aprty will take over Lagos and oyo state respectiveky
Re: Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement by Nobody: 1:08pm On Feb 05, 2015
Only 45m out of 68 million PVCs has been distributed and you say elections should go ahead. What kind of elections would you have when 23 million voters are disenfranchised. It is either every one is allowed to vote or the elections would be rigged.You better chose one
Re: Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement by redcliff: 1:09pm On Feb 05, 2015
Taylor86:
am 4 GEJ but not 4 election postponement.....if he tries it am afraid I have to defect to APC

A man who stands for nothing would fall for anything... thats why you and those politicians switch lanes like F1 racers
Re: Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement by command01(f): 1:11pm On Feb 05, 2015
citimartmag:
A very many number of people have not collected PVCs. my colleagues and I have not collected. would a shift in date affect how any Nigerian votes? if u r confident in Buhari, does a change in date affect how u vote?

How people continually allow themselves to be used and manipulated at will is beyond me!
sit down there,INEC will bring it to your house. You people are part of the problem. Who send you?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement by dipopooo(m): 1:18pm On Feb 05, 2015
THAT'S DERE OPINION.

#ISUPPORTPOSTPONEMENT

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Appeal Court Sacks Senator Sekibo, Other PDP Lawmakers / GEJ & PMB: Power Generation Comparison April 2015 Vs April, 2016 / Jude Chukwu Replaces Sani Usman As Army Spokesman (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.