Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,819,999 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion (28126 Views)

N19bn Paris Club Scam: EFCC Report Indicts Saraki, Aides, Ex-bank MD / Arms Scandal : Panel Submits Final Report , Indicts Top FG Officials / Rot In NNPC: Corporation Failed To Remit N2.5trn In 10 Years —report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by gp6liveth(m): 5:50pm On Feb 05, 2015
God bless u Gej.
This is our they curb corruption in the 21st century. When there is a perceived action of fraud, investigation follows. Who ever is indirected will face the court. If the court verdict is not in your favour u go to jail.

An old man of 72 should not tell us that he will send u to kirikiri. That era has gone for long. Buhari have no educational ideology to combat coruuption.

Gej is transparent enough to engage PWC to audit his Ministry-NNPC. I don't think buhari will ever do such. This is true because I am yet to know what buhari did those brief case full with hard currencies during his tenure.

My prayer is that who so ever is found guilty should face the full wrath of the law.

2 Likes

Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by wonlasewonimi: 5:52pm On Feb 05, 2015
gp6liveth:
God bless u Gej.
This is our they curb corruption in the 21st century. When there is a perceived action of fraud, investigation follows. Who ever is indirected will face the court. If the court verdict is not in your favour u go to jail.

An old man of 72 should not tell us that he will send u to kirikiri. That era has gone for long. Buhari have no educational ideology to combat coruuption.

Gej is transparent enough to engage PWC to audit his Ministry-NNPC. I don't think buhari will ever do such. This is true because I am yet to know what buhari did those brief case full with hard currencies during his tenure.

My prayer is that who so ever is found guilty should face the full wrath of the law.

Like farouk lawan etc? where do they get these irritants these days?

2 Likes

Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by Nobody: 5:53pm On Feb 05, 2015
iiichidodo:
Mtchew..chicken change...we thought Sanusi said it was $50Billion?? Anyway good enough GEJ according to his anticorrupt stance proceeded to check the books, by the way, this the first time NNPC accounts have been audited in living memory...Corrupt obj couldn't do it in his time..

Do what? When he was a President & a minister at the same time??

1 Like

Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by sheffyUTD(m): 6:03pm On Feb 05, 2015
OLADD:

I thought people like you and APC were saying Jonathan had embezzled $20b, God punish all of you front and back.

neocortex:
Behold , the most transparent government in the history of Nigeria.
Now that the real money that was missing had been clarified, NNPC will be made to refund such money.
I hope the state governors who claim to be saints adopt the FOI bill.
GEJ:PROGRESS

. . . And your ilks, you feel you have made a reasonable comment. I am sorry for your existence.
Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by cosmos4242: 6:15pm On Feb 05, 2015
more are coming,
Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by bakila: 6:40pm On Feb 05, 2015
A Senate probe into the allegation yielded no result. Mr. Sanusi was later fired by President Jonathan after he was accused of “financial recklessness”.

The government said no money was missing, but promised a forensic investigation of NNPC.

In April 2014, the Minister of Finance, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, announced the appointment of the accounting firm, PriceWaterHouseCoopers (PwC), to conduct a detailed investigation into the accounts and activities of NNPC.

The minister said the investigation, under the supervision of the Office of the Auditor-General of the Federation, would take about 16 weeks.

That schedule meant at most by September 2014 ending, the report should have been ready. A two-month delay meant the report should have been ready by November.

But the government only publicly received the report on Monday.

Arrange my slippers oh, yeyeeh arrangeeeee my slippers woooh. arreee arreeeengement.
Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by fashrola(m): 6:41pm On Feb 05, 2015
sulley:
Compromised report...
when thy shall be satisfied?
Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by Maindude: 6:48pm On Feb 05, 2015
Interesting development. grin
Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by ollyruffy: 6:51pm On Feb 05, 2015
According to oga at the top "stealing is not corruption".

1 Like

Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by deolu2000(m): 7:01pm On Feb 05, 2015
Was the money stolen or with a corrupt man/wowan?abeg jare,this thing is mismanagement,abi wetin FFK go call this one?
Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by Doyin2(m): 7:26pm On Feb 05, 2015
The actual report asked NNPC and NPDC to refund to the Federation Account and the amount reads "a minimum of $1.48b".

That itself should put any sane person on more inquiry.....

2 Likes

Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by Epochsolace(m): 8:28pm On Feb 05, 2015
[quote author=scribble post=30451936]Where the. remaining $19 billion?

Rabble rousers[/quote. U mean Billions of naira is immaterial! I can't bliv my eyes. This only confirm there is no smoke witout fire. Money was stolen dude, I mean d future of dis nation by greedy politicians under GEJ's nose
Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by sevule(m): 8:50pm On Feb 05, 2015
What has happened to Nigerians? Are we so daft that we are ACTUALLY celebrating the fact that it IS ONLY $1.5 Billion that was embezzled? We haven't even seen the full report and we are already celebrating!

It PAINS me that Nigerians are SO IGNORANT!!

Madame Okonji Iweala actually confirmed that at least $10 billion is unaccounted for and we STILL DON'T KNOW WHERE THAT MONEY IS! And yet we are celebrating!!

2 Likes

Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by BlackBaron: 9:24pm On Feb 05, 2015
It's not about uncovering fraud, it's about the aftermath.
No one gets prosecuted.
Subsidy fraud, Abba Moro et all.

This is the government that only believes in closing avenue of fraud whilst wishing the doer safe journey to enjoy their loots.

I also see gyration over a mere $1+billion loot as against the previous sum. Well, when your wards ask you in the future, don't forget to tell them how you were grinning at the mere fact that only a billionth dollars was missing.
Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by OpraMenu(m): 9:39pm On Feb 05, 2015
dejt4u:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/176301-breaking-audit-report-indicts-nnpc-corporation-to-refund-1-48billion.html

lalasticlala, Ishilove, TheRealMrStan
I tot dis report was set to be released nxt wk. Hw did premium times get it ?
Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by Sinju: 3:27am On Feb 06, 2015
Instead of giving us a summary of the report, why not release the entire report to the public.
Abi no be our money again?

1 Like

Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by dondo83(m): 4:32am On Feb 06, 2015
OLADD:

Friend, I hate corruption no matter its colouration (God bear witness) but what I equally detest with passion is unsubstantiated accusations. APC and their cronies had always hyped on the so-called missing $20b NNPC money as if they had concrete evidence to that effect. Do you know the irreparable damage such spurious allegation had done to Jonathan and his govt? Even Buhari who's supposed to be an elderstateman was caught in the frenzy, is that not condemnable? Just think over it. Be it as it may, whoever is linked to the $1.48b should be punished accordingly.

You have a point , but these politicians are the same. Pdp is also guilty of this offence. Take a look at at the ait documentry for example.....haba that was not needed . Its a low blow
Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by Nobody: 4:56am On Feb 06, 2015
Sagamite:

When I stated (in a question manner) to a very, very, very reliable source and close contact of mine in the oil sector that this woman is a criminal, the source looked at me in the eye and said:

"You are very ignorant and rude. How can you call such a woman a criminal? That is out of order. You need to be more informed. She is the Godmother of criminals in the oil sector. At least get her tag right. Her looting is beyond greed".
Damn! What an indictment!!
Who knows if she isn't even positioning herself as the next PDP VP candidate in 2019? At least her loot could buy the necessary influence in 2018/19
Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by johnglo2(m): 7:48am On Feb 06, 2015
My presido should quickly set up as usual anoda in house committee to look in to the audit report.But make e no pass may 29 for reporting or else
Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by myfxpower: 9:37am On Feb 06, 2015
gratiaeo:
Where did APC get their $20billion?

Just keep deceiving yourself.
It's actually more than $20 Billion fyi!
that amount($1.45 billion) is just to have a soft landing.
Even if dem dey maga u, pdp led government can't maga me at all...

PDP ,Diezani and GEJ's friends stole $40 Billion...

That report has been compromised...political gimmicks!
GEJ should start moving his personal belongings to Bayelsa... his days in office are numbered.
Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by suzelle: 12:35pm On Feb 06, 2015
Need a very good paying part time job, Register at http://www.cashripe.com/?id=Suzelle Its easy, free and fun
Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by InvertedHammer: 3:32pm On Feb 06, 2015
/

THE MOMENT OKONJO IWEALA HEARD THAT ONLY $1.5bn WAS MISSING...

AND RECEIVED BANK ALERT FROM HER SHARE OF UNDETECTED PORTION OF THE LOOT...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXBA60LYsCQ
Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by blank(f): 7:39pm On Feb 06, 2015
I can't believe that it's taxes that were not remitted to govt and people are saying that they were stolen. I need to escape from this country.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

El-Rufai Inspects Trailer Park In Kaduna (Photos) / Community Kicks As Retired DIG Occupies DPO’s Lodge For 20 Years / Farouk Lawan Stuffed Bribe Money Inside His Cap To Avoid Suspicion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.