Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,472 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion (28128 Views)

N19bn Paris Club Scam: EFCC Report Indicts Saraki, Aides, Ex-bank MD / Arms Scandal : Panel Submits Final Report , Indicts Top FG Officials / Rot In NNPC: Corporation Failed To Remit N2.5trn In 10 Years —report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by folahann(m): 2:41pm On Feb 05, 2015
How much did Jonathan "stole"? Ordinary $1.4B money that cannot even buy Ghana.

6 Likes

Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by Zico5(m): 2:41pm On Feb 05, 2015
I
Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by bettercreature(m): 2:42pm On Feb 05, 2015
For Jonathan to release $1.48billion,i am sure the money is over 50billion dollars
they just had no way to adjust the remaining amount

4 Likes

Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by Youngzedd(m): 2:44pm On Feb 05, 2015
sulley:
Compromised report...
Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by free2ryhme: 2:45pm On Feb 05, 2015
Ladies and Gentlemen it only says "part" Part of the recommendations include that the Nigerian Petroleum Development Company, NPDC, the upstream subsidy of the NNPC should refund about $1.48billion to the Federation Account for various unreconciled transactions.More details of report to come.

1 Like

Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by babestella: 2:45pm On Feb 05, 2015
Please was there any forensic report on PTF projects in 1985?
Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by fairheven: 2:45pm On Feb 05, 2015
scribble:
Where the remaining $19 billion?

Rabble rousers

I tot your president publicly said that no money was missing?even if it is one naira that got missing,isn't that enof for heads to roll,that's if we have a responsible Leadership?
You mean corruption has eating so deep that public officials steal with impunity an instead of making them account for their deeds we keep asking "how much did they steal"?we'll I forgot that stealing is not corruption
Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by Flets: 2:45pm On Feb 05, 2015
naijasaints:
I am tired of GEJ and missing money.He should leave,we no longer need him.

Sorry but you sound dumb. This looting has been ongoing for ages and GEJ has been exposing and restructuring the systems.

Let me guess, you want to go back to the days where all lootings were kept coded within the elites? Thar was the reason why GEJ's predecessors refused to sign the FOI bill and signing the bill was GEJ's first assignment when he resumed office.

Talk of GEJ...talk transparency.

4 Likes

Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by gen2briz(m): 2:45pm On Feb 05, 2015
watered:
It therefore means you 'll spend ur luxury in kirikiri cos GMB_2015 will soon occupy

If truly you preaches the change that i rep, you have to preach it without insult.
Irepchange
SAI BUHARI

GMB till Jona know that stealing is corruption.

Peace out.

2 Likes

Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:45pm On Feb 05, 2015
sulley:
Compromised report...
One needs to meet PriceWaterHouseCoopers, if it is possible, to get the report.
Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by Swaglord07: 2:45pm On Feb 05, 2015
Am short of words...
http://newscrib.net
Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by Nobody: 2:46pm On Feb 05, 2015
Opeedo:
corruption

[url]

Here....for you
Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by nkowaputa(m): 2:47pm On Feb 05, 2015
M
Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by sherbol: 2:47pm On Feb 05, 2015
cant u read btw d lines? a report dat was suppose to last 4 months got delayed by anoda 2 months n received on Monday.
who is fooling who? trying to create impression dat dey r fighting corruption.
talking abt God punishing, dont u no dat God is already punishing u front,back,up,down n centre?
ONIRANU!
OLADD:

I thought people like you and APC were saying Jonathan had embezzled $20b, God punish all of you front and back.
Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by Youngzedd(m): 2:48pm On Feb 05, 2015
nairaman66:
Ordinary stealing, some people will call it corruption- Goodluck Ebele Jonathan

grin grin grin grin
Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by latoksuk: 2:49pm On Feb 05, 2015
Another avenue to deceive Nigerians, don't deceive us the money is more than dat.
This country needs change.
What a coincidence, everything that ought to have happened in the past is just happening now (few days to election)
Stylishly trying to get our votes....
Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by Youngzedd(m): 2:49pm On Feb 05, 2015
Believe this and believe anything.
Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by drey076(m): 2:49pm On Feb 05, 2015
Vote out corrupt administration

Vote for buhariii in this febuharii
Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by Fourwinds: 2:50pm On Feb 05, 2015
neocortex:
Behold , the most transparent government in the history of Nigeria.
Now that the real money that was missing had been clarified, NNPC will be made to refund such money.
I hope the state governors who claim to be saints should adopt the FOI bill.
GEJ:PROGRESS
hmmmm. very funny post. go and find out how much Obasanjo recovered during his tenure under EFFC. haa Jonathan declared his assest yet his boss made public his assest. what makes dis government transparent
Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by Flets: 2:51pm On Feb 05, 2015
jaybee3:

But she is the minister responsible for that Government department. That makes her equally culpable since she can't necessarily feign ignorance for allowing a whopping 1.48Billion to go missing under her watch

Geezzz

NNPC chairman does not report to the minister of petroleum. Get your facts right.
Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by Nobody: 2:53pm On Feb 05, 2015
OLADD:

I thought people like you and APC were saying Jonathan had embezzled $20b, God punish all of you front and back.

You and your type are the pigs, vultures, leaches etc holding this country down. AU reported[b] trillion[/b] of naira laundered from Africa through Nigeria, is AU now telling lies? Or is it through me? is it not under Jonothin watch? What am I even saying, the amount were merely stolen and not corruptly earned.

This report allegedly asked that just an arm of NNPC returned more than $1 billion dollars, and you are talking thrash about $20b! Are you thinking with your behind? Sanusi never said $49b was embezzled but that were not properly accounted! as requested by our law. In China, not accounting for N20, 000 will send you to lengthy jail term! In a saner clime, Jonothin is long impeached for spending money without appropriation, money that runs into TRILLION of naira e.g kerosene subsidy

1 Like

Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by Ttalk: 2:53pm On Feb 05, 2015
OLADD:

You mean Nigerian should start dancing Shoki because the Audit firm said $1.5B and not $20b as reported by the erstwhile CBN governor, shame on you and your likes who does not see anything in the monumental corruption that is going on in this country.

Do you know the number of borehole that $1.5b can build? while many nigerians are dying in million of water-borne diseases

What would have happened if such misappropriation was discovered in China?

If $1.48b has been stolen in one agency of government within a period of 4years, what tells you that other agency under government would not have embezzled billions of dollar?

How can the youth this generation be so inhumane?

You better change your way before the wrath of God come upon you and those you support

7 Likes

Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by Truckpusher(m): 2:54pm On Feb 05, 2015
babestella:
I said it. That sanusi blew a cynical whilstle orchestrated by some unseen elements in the north just to discredit GEJs administration targeting his reelection. We can all see now that from 50billion to 20 billion and now the forensic report says 1.48 billion dollars. All these are planned to give the opposition a launching pad in attacking the government. Now it is clear who is deceiving who. APC promoting propaganda since 1914.

There is no sector in Nigeria that is free from misappropriation of funds even in Lagos state government and I challenge the LAGOS state government to sign into law a freedom of Information bill as the FG did and let's see if we will not discover massive fraud and stealing going on in Alausa. LAGOS state government have meticulously covered their fraud by ensuring they hand pick their successors but one day a new party will take over and expose them all.
This is a question I've been asking Lagosians APC dunce .
Why is Fashola and his co-travellers not signing Freedom of Information Bill into Law lets see how clean they are .But I guess too many Yorubas are too busy trying to make for themselves an unblemished leader even if he stinks to high heavens with corruption.

FOR THOSE THAT ARE WORKING VERY HARD TO HACK MY NAIRALAND ACCOUNT ,YOU ARE WELCOME BECAUSE YOU WILL TASTE YOUR OWN BITTER PILL .

3 Likes

Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by Pennywise(m): 2:54pm On Feb 05, 2015
Its a pity PWC could only discover $1.48b stolen. They should have dug deeper to justify the people's trust.
Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by biogbruski(m): 2:55pm On Feb 05, 2015
babestella foolish statement! :
I said it. That sanusi blew a cynical whilstle orchestrated by some unseen elements in the north just to discredit GEJs administration targeting his reelection. We can all see now that from 50billion to 20 billion and now the forensic report says 1.48 billion dollars. All these are planned to give the opposition a launching pad in attacking the government. Now it is clear who is deceiving who. APC promoting propaganda since 1914.

There is no sector in Nigeria that is free from misappropriation of funds even in Lagos state government and I challenge the LAGOS state government to sign into law a freedom of Information bill as the FG did and let's see if we will not discover massive fraud and stealing going on in Alausa. LAGOS state government have meticulously covered their fraud by ensuring they hand pick their successors but one day a new party will take over and expose them all.
Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by igbeke: 2:55pm On Feb 05, 2015
I knew from onset that some funds will be missingfrom NNPC (cos that Corporation is loaded with a lot of "certificateless" persons from "up"wink but the exact amount has remained a puzzle.
Now that a 'Credible Audit' has been carried out and the said missing amount is far less than as claimed by our erstwhile CBN Governor; one begin to ask if he was truly the one in charge, or....
Was he like Buhari in the ousted Buhari/Idiagbon government? Let the facts begin to roll out.
NB: Amadioha will strike stupidity out of the cerebrum of whoever will insult my person.

1 Like

Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by kheart(m): 2:56pm On Feb 05, 2015
What do u expect from a govt dat says "stealin no be corruption"
Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by Nobody: 2:57pm On Feb 05, 2015
Thank you, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi.
Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by focus7: 2:57pm On Feb 05, 2015
To think that because of this missing money was the reason the righteous man Sanusi was dismiss, the culprit Madueke is still enjoy our money to fly private jet around the world. A VOTE FOR JONATHAB IS A VOTE FOR CORRUPTION.
Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by OLADD: 2:57pm On Feb 05, 2015
ayukdaboss:

When Sanusi alleged that $20 billion dollars was missing, Madam NOI refuted his claims and stated that the money missing was not $20 billion dollars but $10.86 billion dollars.

What every sensible Nigerian should've been checking out from this report is a breakdown and cue as to how the money ($10.86billion as confirmed by Madam NOI) was spent/got missing but alas we're being told that the cash missing is less than $2billion shocked.

What's is even more pathetic is the fact that you're castigating APC instead of this fraudulent government without any sense of reasoning.

Point of correction, nobody in the govt (Okonjo inclusive) had ever admitted any missing $10b, rather a case of unreconciled figure had always cropped up. But due to mischieviousness of many Nigerians, nobody gave her or the govt benefit of the doubt.
Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by PassingShot(m): 2:57pm On Feb 05, 2015
OLADD:

We are no fools like the Jonathanians. There is cover-up already and this is just to save face.

1 Like

Re: Audit Report Indicts NNPC, Corporation To Refund $1.48billion by sheymoni(m): 2:57pm On Feb 05, 2015
And some people say we should continue with all these stealing.
Change has come to stay weather the devil likes it or not

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Soldiers Take Over Tompolo’s Residence, Father Escapes Arrest / FG Places Prominent Nigerians Under Watch / Ibrahim Babangida Hosts Wike At His Hilltop Residence In Minna(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.