Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo (15615 Views)

Opon Imo: Real Reason WAEC Honoured Aregbesola, By Inwalomhe Donald / WAEC Endorses Aregbesola’s Opon Imo, Recommend It To Other States - Vanguard / Rebecca Chinyelu-Chukwuanukwu (UNIZIK) Wins Unesco Prize In Geneva (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by Tolexander: 9:38pm On Feb 05, 2015
crownprince102:

explain yourself dude! How is it a scam? Show me a reason and I will give you a thousand reason it's one of the best innovation ever in Nigeria education sector. You are actually a saddist. Pple like you will want me to appreciate Jonathan's railway and won't appreciate what is first of it kind in the world. If it is a white man that make this, you will use your life saving to buy it but because it is APC, your BP always they rise. Abeg no kill yourself oooo
stop fuming!
Do you stay or live in Osun state? If not, you've gat no reason to say what doesn't exist.

Open your eyes to see what I boldened in your post.

1 Like

Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by DIVINE78: 9:39pm On Feb 05, 2015
GOD bless APC.
Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by robay(m): 9:40pm On Feb 05, 2015
Datz my Governor OGBENI RAUF AREGBESOLA.yea! Am proud of my state
God bless A.P.C
God bless my Governor
God bless THE STATE OF OSUN
God bless FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA.

1 Like

Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by crownprince102: 9:44pm On Feb 05, 2015
Tolexander:
stop fuming!
Do you stay or live in Osun state? If not, you've gat no reason to say what doesn't exist.

Yes of course.... If I don't I won't be saying this. What have you bolded in my post. Give me clear reasons this is a scam, simple as ABC
Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by kazmanbanjoko(m): 9:45pm On Feb 05, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by Deem: 9:48pm On Feb 05, 2015
I am very proud that an APC where I come from is a force to reckon with in the world. As for my and my state, GMB/PYO is the answer till 2019. Clueless Ogogoro President should go back to the zoo in Otuoke! Only fools on nairaland would support the clueless one!

1 Like

Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by bettercreature(m): 9:50pm On Feb 05, 2015
blackjack21:
Tuale! Aregbe baba. Yaff done well.

#ihavedecided.
SAI GMB.
#THE BRINGER OF RAIN.
cheesycheesycheesy
See tout, Sai Buhari
Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by robay(m): 9:51pm On Feb 05, 2015
Tolexander:
stop fuming!

shut up jor,idiot,if e dy pain u go and kill urself,brainless human being.

1 Like

Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by crownprince102: 9:54pm On Feb 05, 2015
robay:
shut up jor,idiot,if e dy pain u go and kill urself,brainless human being.
Abeg no mind the saddist wey no dey like better thing. Poverty is in their genotype.
Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by obayaya(m): 9:56pm On Feb 05, 2015
pendy79:
In the APC we represent innovation and futuristic development of Human Capacity.

Why not try us in the Central Government and let's turn around the tide the ship of the Nation Nigeria is sailing.

An innovation that took osun to the bottom of the educational chart in Nigeria based on WAEC..

Quite an innovation.. I tell you

3 Likes

Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by apcmustwin(f): 10:00pm On Feb 05, 2015
Tolexander:
the greatest scam in Osun State since August 1991.

Says embittered Igbos grin

1 Like

Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by obayaya(m): 10:01pm On Feb 05, 2015
crownprince102:
Opon Imo exist no where in the world except osun....... An innovation by Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola. It consist of various educational apps, every subject, brain teasers, learning apps, all needed textbooks, grin "WAYEC" past question for the last ten years and no compatibility with internet in order not to divert student concentrations. Every SSS student has one in the state.

That's a big lie!!!

not even all SS3 students whose exam is less than 5 months away have the damn toy

3 Likes

Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by Sheyone(m): 10:01pm On Feb 05, 2015
crownprince102:
Opon Imo exist no where in the world except osun....... An innovation by Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola. It consist of various educational apps, every subject, brain teasers, learning apps, all needed textbooks, grin "WAYEC" past question for the last ten years and no compatibility with internet in order not to divert student concentrations. Every SSS student has one in the state.
Na lie i am sure u ar nt in osun state.It was a great innovation tho bt where is it today and how many students have access to it compared to the money he used to carry out the project.
Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by omisakint: 10:03pm On Feb 05, 2015
crownprince102:

Yes of course.... If I don't I won't be saying this. What have you bolded in my post. Give me clear reasons this is a scam, simple as ABC

Sorry for quoting u. Well opon imo is a total failure. It was given to few students and collected back from them before the last waec. The ipon doesn't have Maths and calculation subject like physics. It wasn't given to all the Students in the SS class but few of them in SS3. Speaking from experience. #youth corper serving in osun right now. And it was given to bro kabiru(aregbe first son) at the cost of 7billion naira. It a nice innovation but it lacked the needed circulation package

2 Likes

Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by Sheyone(m): 10:04pm On Feb 05, 2015
2moro is the day of reckoning
Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by Sheyone(m): 10:06pm On Feb 05, 2015
omisakint:

Sorry for quoting u. Well opon imo is a total failure. It was given to few students and collected back from them before the last waec. The ipon doesn't have Maths and calculation subject like physics. It wasn't given to all the Students in the SS class but few of them in SS3. Speaking from experience. #youth corper serving in osun right now
Please tell dem o.
Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by crownprince102: 10:11pm On Feb 05, 2015
Sheyone:

Na lie i am sure u ar nt in osun state.It was a great innovation tho bt where is it today and how many students have access to it compared to the money he used to carry out the project.
That I don't know why, I 've seen a lot of student with. Note that their are some school in osun that has been banned and won't be writing WAEC due to violence and some barbaric act by student.
Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by Collynzo9: 10:15pm On Feb 05, 2015
pendy79:
In the APC we represent innovation and futuristic development of Human Capacity.

Why not try us in the Central Government and let's turn around the tide the ship of the Nation Nigeria is sailing.
If rural Osun is an example of what APC led Nigeria will look like, then I'll pass.

3 Likes

Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by iwriterng(m): 10:16pm On Feb 05, 2015
jcflex:
the same opon imon that is been castigated as waste of resources.

Nigeria we never appreciate ourselve for anything.

if na oyinbo do am, by now, am sure every parent will have strive hard to get one for their wards.

this is not good enough.

we need to start appreciating our innovation.

Ignorance is a bully sha.... So Opon Imo was built by a Nigerian abi? kontinu typing out rubbish, kontinu.....

1 Like

Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by Sheyone(m): 10:19pm On Feb 05, 2015
Collynzo9:

If Osun is an example of what an APC led Nigeria will look like, then I'll pass.
Fact
Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by Sheyone(m): 10:20pm On Feb 05, 2015
Collynzo9:

If Osun is an example of what an APC led Nigeria will look like, then I'll pass.
Dats the Fact
Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by Abayhormy(m): 10:23pm On Feb 05, 2015
jacksparrow1207:
The same osun that students dnt wanna come to classes? Same osun where secondary sch students do cult fights? Same osun where students cme to sch wt voodoo? Same osun where students walk out of mathematics exam?
My experience as a youth corper in modakeke was really a sad one when it comes to student n education
I served in Osun too, Batch B 2012/13, I also served in a school, you need to highlight the brilliance in performance of the govt towards education.
*primary to secondary school Education is free in all govt schools in Osun
*School uniforms are produced by local contractors(economically empowering indigenes), downed and GIVEN FREE TO PUPILS AND STUDENTS.(all govt sec school in Osun now use the same free uniforms, and they are lovely to behold-especially the senior sec own)
*All students for Jss3 to Ss3 are given one opon-imo(nice educational tablet with all their textbooks and educational text materials embeded in it). EACH STUDENTS TAB IS PROGRAMMED WITH THEIR NAME ON IT, SO IT WOULD NOT BE STOLEN BY ANOTHER STUDENT.
*Before the opon IMO program started, they students have free textbooks, but can't be taken home. We the teachers/copers use it for and with them. English and Maths basically were available in all schools.
The misbehavior of some students in due to their genes that they carry. It is not the govt that thought them those behaviors.
Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by omisakint: 10:31pm On Feb 05, 2015
Abayhormy:

I served in Osun too, Batch B 2012/13, I also served in a school, you need to highlight the brilliance in performance of the govt towards education.
*School uniforms are produced by local contractors(economically empowering indigenes), downed and GIVEN FREE TO PUPILS AND STUDENTS.(all govt sec school in Osun now use the same free uniforms, and they are lovely to behold-especially the senior sec own)
*All students for Jss3 to Ss3 are given one opon-imo(nice educational tablet with all their textbooks and educational text materials embeded in it). EACH STUDENTS TAB IS PROGRAMMED WITH THEIR NAME ON IT, SO IT WOULD NOT BE STOLEN BY ANOTHER STUDENT.
*Before the opon IMO program started, they students have free textbooks, but can't be taken home. We the teachers/copers use it for and with them. English and Maths basically were available in all schools.
The misbehavior of some students in due to their genes that they carry. It is not the govt that thought them those behaviors.

The uniform company owned by the wife of the gov. What aabt the fact of all those women in the market they live basically on the sale of school uniforms. Remember it a crime to sell the uuniform in osun outside the "omoluabi garment factory". OPon Imo I repeat wasn't given to all the students

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by bowluwatyfe: 10:43pm On Feb 05, 2015
Opon Imo is a waste of resources in Osun State, the government should have bought text books and provide ict centre for each sch. The project is just to enrich his son

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by easrael(f): 10:53pm On Feb 05, 2015
Let me point this out straight: I serve in Osun and that Tablet of Knowledge thingy is wash and a big SCAM-----Its for only SS3 students that don't know how to use it, They can't.speak good English, Ni conducive learning environment, Teachers not getting paid.....But in d media, Aregbe is paid.....I cry for S/West...

2 Likes

Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by easrael(f): 10:56pm On Feb 05, 2015
Abayhormy:

GOD PUNISH YOU FOR MISLEADING THE PUBLIC: I'm a batch B.serving corp member......Why does APC.lie to.glorify itself...... I repeat God will punish you and Aregbe for destroying the lives of our future leaders in Yoruba land....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by Nobody: 11:12pm On Feb 05, 2015
Abayhormy:

Perhaps modakeke is different or nothin osun state. Cuz my sch was nothing to write home about
Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by Nobody: 11:16pm On Feb 05, 2015
bowluwatyfe:
Opon Imo is a waste of resources in Osun State, the government should have bought text books and provide ict centre for each sch. The project is just to enrich his son

Thank u sir
Education in osun is so on d negative. Givin opon imo is jst waste o money. Why not divert that money wasted to bringing this students up in d right way? Basic amenities are not even available in this schools. No office for staff, no classroom, students come to sch when they so wish. I was always shaking my head when i was there serving

1 Like

Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by Saucekide25(m): 11:20pm On Feb 05, 2015
Get up to #5000 discounts and Swift Delivery when you order items on Jumia.com[Pay on Delivery]...To place your orders Call or Whatsapp (08122204769)or e-mail me via (Eonuegbu1@gmail.com).
Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by Tintinnoty(m): 11:59pm On Feb 05, 2015
jerseyboy:
Wait until they find out how much it cost the good people of Oshun. Ashiri ma tu.
pessimist pple lyk u Neva appreciate any good thing grin angry shocked cool
Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by Hollarbeece(f): 12:20am On Feb 06, 2015
jacksparrow1207:
The same osun that students dnt wanna come to classes? Same osun where secondary sch students do cult fights? Same osun where students cme to sch wt voodoo? Same osun where students walk out of mathematics exam?
My experience as a youth corper in modakeke was really a sad one when it comes to student n education
The fact dt u served in modakeke where studentz re not dat serious doesn't mean dats hw all d students in osun are, so u don't ave a point there.
Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by Nobody: 12:30am On Feb 06, 2015
Hollarbeece:
The fact dt u served in modakeke where studentz re not dat serious doesn't mean dats hw all d students in osun are, so u don't ave a point there.

Who are u to void my opinion?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Question & Ans About Sbrs Exam And The Form / Have You Received Your JAMB Mock Exam Score? / ASUU: UNICAL Officially Resumes Activities, Set For Examinations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.