Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,750 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo (15610 Views)

Opon Imo: Real Reason WAEC Honoured Aregbesola, By Inwalomhe Donald / WAEC Endorses Aregbesola’s Opon Imo, Recommend It To Other States - Vanguard / Rebecca Chinyelu-Chukwuanukwu (UNIZIK) Wins Unesco Prize In Geneva (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by aadejesu: 2:11am On Feb 06, 2015
I'm So proud of this state and our governor......the only south west state that refused to vote for GEJ. #can't wait for 14/2
Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by beetruth: 2:22am On Feb 06, 2015
If YOU are paid to sell lies to the public to cause pain and distort the truth God is watching and your judgement is at hand. How can any sane being claim that ALL SSS students have it? Of what use us this lie from the pit of hell. To confuse people and get more votes or what? Even if it is eventually gotten pls know that NOTHING gotten on plates of lies last.
Osun state's education reform is presently at its worst or what do we say of a reform where schools can not conduct exams for students due to non allocation of funds for school runnings. Aside the fact that the teachers have not been paid for months. Opon IMO is NOT a bad idea but at what price? How sustainable? Ordinary school uniforms is presently a scarce commodity. Pls visit any school and notice the number of students in white muftys.
Say the truth and shame the devil
Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by jcflex(m): 4:12am On Feb 06, 2015
iwriterng:

Ignorance is a bully sha.... So Opon Imo was built by a Nigerian abi? kontinu typing out rubbish, kontinu.....

silent they say is the best answer for pple like you.
Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by pak: 4:41am On Feb 06, 2015
crownprince102:
Opon Imo exist no where in the world except osun....... An innovation by Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola. It consist of various educational apps, every subject, brain teasers, learning apps, all needed textbooks, grin "WAYEC" past question for the last ten years and no compatibility with internet in order not to divert student concentrations. Every SSS student has one in the state.

One of the reasons we may never catch up with the west !!!!!!

Education without internet access in the 21st century Absolutely ridiculous.

The same 'diversion' that has over the years led to ground breaking inventions by students in first world countries
Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by iwriterng(m): 4:56am On Feb 06, 2015
jcflex:

silent they say is the best answer for pple like you.
No. Silence is what clueless people resolve to when they realize they are way off point.
Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by basty: 5:32am On Feb 06, 2015
simplemach:
Does this really concern me?

Because your people are illiterates, it will not concern you because your people are educated in the hold ups selling and graduating to armed robbery.
Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by DaBullIT(m): 5:34am On Feb 06, 2015
Tolexander:
the greatest scam in Osun State since August 1991.

I knew i'd find you here , always an enemy of progress, blind to the truth and always making irrelevant comments, was it not last week i was explaining these things to you ... Good luck my friend, wish you all the best and disregard this because its not an insult
Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by DaBullIT(m): 5:39am On Feb 06, 2015
HELP ME TELL those Bats how awesome the Administration of Aregbesola has been with Innovation, there was this egoat arguing with me that Aregbe has no innovation

crownprince102:

explain yourself dude! How is it a scam? Show me a reason and I will give you a thousand reason it's one of the best innovation ever in Nigeria education sector. You are actually a saddist. Pple like you will want me to appreciate Jonathan's railway and won't appreciate what is first of it kind in the world. If it is a white man that make this, you will use your life saving to buy it but because it is APC, your BP always they rise. Abeg no kill yourself oooo

Please tell him o ,
apcmustwin:

Says embittered Igbos grin

Make una help me tell am
DaBullIT:

I knew i'd find you here , always an enemy of progress, blind to the truth and always making irrelevant comments, was it not last week i was explaining these things to you ... Good luck my friend, wish you all the best and disregard this because its not an insult
Abayhormy:

I served in Osun too, Batch B 2012/13, I also served in a school, you need to highlight the brilliance in performance of the govt towards education.
*primary to secondary school Education is free in all govt schools in Osun
*School uniforms are produced by local contractors(economically empowering indigenes), downed and GIVEN FREE TO PUPILS AND STUDENTS.(all govt sec school in Osun now use the same free uniforms, and they are lovely to behold-especially the senior sec own)
*All students for Jss3 to Ss3 are given one opon-imo(nice educational tablet with all their textbooks and educational text materials embeded in it). EACH STUDENTS TAB IS PROGRAMMED WITH THEIR NAME ON IT, SO IT WOULD NOT BE STOLEN BY ANOTHER STUDENT.
*Before the opon IMO program started, they students have free textbooks, but can't be taken home. We the teachers/copers use it for and with them. English and Maths basically were available in all schools.
The misbehavior of some students in due to their genes that they carry. It is not the govt that thought them those behaviors.
Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by DaBullIT(m): 5:45am On Feb 06, 2015
UrennaNkoli:
So what will osun be feeling like... BTW, never heard of opon imo before now. Thought it was even a food or something.

Opon Imo is a mobile tablet , preloaded with the Government/Education board approved syllabus for all students , all subjects and it even included traditional education , Ifa the oracle and stuffs , That last part may not sound exciting to some ,but Yoruba land and some of our cultures are disappearing , The Opon imo has every subject and it can be updated at anytime ,It was given free to all senior secondary school students Its left to the students to read the said subjects and practise the exams. hope that answers your questions

1 Like

Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by simplemach(m): 5:57am On Feb 06, 2015
basty:

Because your people are illiterates, it will not concern you because your people are educated in the hold ups selling and graduating to armed robbery.
you aee why you have to go back and suck enof of ur mother's br£a$t. I commented by myself and for myself and now you are about my entire people. Get well soon.
Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by DaBullIT(m): 5:58am On Feb 06, 2015
[quote author=jacksparrow1207 post=30464141]The same osun that students dnt wanna come to classes? Same osun where secondary sch students do cult fights? Same osun where students cme to sch wt voodoo? Same osun where students walk out of mathematics exam?
My experience as a youth corper in modakeke was really a sad one when it comes to student n education[/quote

Its not government's responsibility to force students to school , Parent's responsibility

Students doing cult fights, ask the parents how they were initiated , besides , that was a blown up news by PDP propagandist, from Time immemorial students fight at interhouse sports games , inter school sports game so , keep dwelling on rumored SS school students cultism

Its not new that students bring Oruka and charms to school , most of those charms are inactive , i wonder why you have to talk about that
when Hausa students carry daggers to school
Igbos carry pistols and guns to school , how many times have you heard the story that students massacred other students in Nigeria using guns, daggers or voodoos ? ? ?

Perhaps your experience was an imagination , either you didn't serve in Osun, or you were already prejudiced , Osun, Yoruba people are generally peace loving
Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by Ephemmm: 7:25am On Feb 06, 2015
datola:
Ordinary HND holder doing wonders that the so called PhD holder cannot even think straight.

Don't blame the Phd holder: You must have known that there is different between people's management and animal husbandry... The same reason why Sambo is an Architect of PDP's misfortune whever he opens his mouth during electioneering campaign.
Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by Nobody: 8:13am On Feb 06, 2015
[quote author=DaBullIT post=30470441][/quote]

Are u seriously justifying all of these bad things? Like seriously? I'm so disappointed shocked
Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by corneli83(m): 8:25am On Feb 06, 2015
jacksparrow1207:
The same osun that students dnt wanna come to classes? Same osun where secondary sch students do cult fights? Same osun where students cme to sch wt voodoo? Same osun where students walk out of mathematics exam?
My experience as a youth corper in modakeke was really a sad one when it comes to student n education

Apparently, the same Osun was blessed with that brilliant man. God has purposes for his doings.
Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by Nobody: 8:28am On Feb 06, 2015
corneli83:

Apparently, the same Osun was blessed with that brilliant man. God has purposes for his doings.

Perhaps after his 8yrs huh?
Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by Ollyfad(f): 9:52am On Feb 06, 2015
jacksparrow1207:
The same osun that students dnt wanna come to classes? Same osun where secondary sch students do cult fights? Same osun where students cme to sch wt voodoo? Same osun where students walk out of mathematics exam?
My experience as a youth corper in modakeke was really a sad one when it comes to student n education
come to badagry area nd knw wat secondary school cultism rili means......dis ones challenge evn lasu cultists.....cultism in osun na still childs play...plus ur oda observations r vry common in most govt schools xpecially in lag despite govts efforts some stdts dnt jst wnt to learn.nt d governors fault
Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by Nobody: 9:58am On Feb 06, 2015
Ollyfad:
come to badagry area nd knw wat secondary school cultism rili means......dis ones challenge evn lasu cultists.....cultism in osun na still childs play...plus ur oda observations r vry common in most govt schools xpecially in lag despite govts efforts some stdts dnt jst wnt to learn.nt d governors fault

Are u kidding me? Na wa o
Anyways, My point is we should seek for solution to making students wanna learn instead of all this opon imo and its likes that they wont even use
Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by Ollyfad(f): 10:34am On Feb 06, 2015
jacksparrow1207:

Are u kidding me? Na wa o
Anyways, My point is we should seek for solution to making students wanna learn instead of all this opon imo and its likes that they wont even use
dere is a saying dat u cn only force a horse to d river u cnt force it to drink.....i tink it covers dis situation...plus i tink d govts efforts r gradually making more stdts interestd in learning xpecially in lag dough its still nt in d xpectd numba considering d scale of d governors effort xpecially d eko project tin.sum stdts wil jst collect d txtbks kus its compulsory dey do nd dats d end for d txtbk
Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by Nobody: 10:36am On Feb 06, 2015
Ollyfad:
dere is a saying dat u cn only force a horse to d river u cnt force it to drink.....i tink it covers dis situation...plus i tink d govts efforts r gradually making more stdts interestd in learning xpecially in lag dough its still nt in d xpectd numba considering d scale of d governors effort xpecially d eko project tin.sum stdts wil jst collect d txtbks kus its compulsory dey do nd dats d end for d txtbk
Lol. I got your point
God help Nigeria
Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by tonychristopher: 11:30am On Feb 06, 2015
What was osun state rating in this present waec neco result

That will be a yardstick to know their level
Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by easrael(f): 11:51am On Feb 06, 2015
Tell me which LGA has good public education tk offer in Osun state please........Lie peddlers all over...Anyways...Follow.me on Twitter @Hon_Oladipupo

I follow back
Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by tomzman: 11:59am On Feb 06, 2015
pendy79:
In the APC we represent innovation and futuristic development of Human Capacity.

Why not try us in the Central Government and let's turn around the tide the ship of the Nation Nigeria is sailing.
You have said it all.

Changing Nigeria for good is as simple as APC!
Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by crownprince102: 3:15pm On Feb 06, 2015
pak:

One of the reasons we may never catch up with the west !!!!!!

Education without internet access in the 21st century Absolutely ridiculous.

The same 'diversion' that has over the years led to ground breaking inventions by students in first world countries
It was intentionally done that way in order for it not to divert their concentration. Internet on this opon imo tablet will make student not use it for what it is originally made for, for them to study.
Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by Orikinla(m): 4:51pm On Feb 06, 2015
jerseyboy:
Wait until they find out how much it cost the good people of Oshun. Ashiri ma tu.

[size=28pt]PDP Mofo, it did not cost much.[/size]
Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by Tolexander: 12:05pm On Feb 07, 2015
crownprince102:

Yes of course.... If I don't I won't be saying this. What have you bolded in my post. Give me clear reasons this is a scam, simple as ABC
if you stay in Osun State saying all SSS pupils were given opon imo, then you either aren't alive on what's happening or trying to be economical with the truth.

In Ile Ife, the schools given aren't more than 4, only the SSS3 students of the school were given. Why were the SSS 1&2 pupils of the four schools and the other schools not given?
Same applies to other places in Osun State from what my friends told me. The state government went on air to announce the distribution to all SSS pupils! What is that if not a scam?

I'm not opposing the concept on opon imo but the circumstances surrounding it. Check out my post on this link. https://www.nairaland.com/1515277/obi-distribute-laptops-printers-anambra
Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by Tolexander: 12:23pm On Feb 07, 2015
DaBullIT:

do i know you?
How may i help you?
Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by Tolexander: 12:28pm On Feb 07, 2015
apcmustwin:

Says embittered Igbos grin
mo ro pe won sepe fun eleyi.
Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by apcmustwin(f): 6:43pm On Feb 07, 2015
Tolexander:
mo ro pe won sepe fun eleyi.
iyanla iya e ni won sepe fun. omo ale
Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by Tolexander: 6:47pm On Feb 07, 2015
apcmustwin:

iyanla iya e ni won sepe fun. omo ale
emi sa ni iya n la iya, omo ale ni baba.

Omo were ni e!
Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by apcmustwin(f): 6:58pm On Feb 07, 2015
Tolexander:
emi sa ni iya n la iya, omo ale ni baba.

Omo were ni e!

were lo do iya e loyun now. u grab? omo ale were ni e.
Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by Tolexander: 7:05pm On Feb 07, 2015
apcmustwin:

were lo do iya e loyun now. u grab? omo ale were ni e.
eniyan gidi sa a ni iyaami.

Ato were ti o fan si oju obo were iya re ti won fi bi e lo so e da idakuda. Were ni o to e dagba!
Re: UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo by apcmustwin(f): 11:54pm On Feb 07, 2015
Tolexander:
eniyan gidi sa a ni iyaami.

Ato were ti o fan si oju obo were iya re ti won fi bi e lo so e da idakuda. Were ni o to e dagba!

kinin wi? kini asinwin omo were nwi? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obaseki Approves Automatic Employment Of First-class Graduates Of Edo Origin / Have You Received Your JAMB Mock Exam Score? / Question & Ans About Sbrs Exam And The Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.