Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,256 members, 7,818,876 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

A Former Dictator Is A Better Choice Than A Failed President - THE ECONOMIST - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Former Dictator Is A Better Choice Than A Failed President - THE ECONOMIST (29843 Views)

Mr President, The "Honeymoon" Is Over - By Harry Slim Omoakhia / 221 People Killed Since Buhari Became President - The Cable / A Former Dictator Is A Better Choice Than A Failed President- The Economist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Former Dictator Is A Better Choice Than A Failed President - THE ECONOMIST by Nobody: 12:57pm On Feb 06, 2015
Sagamite:

You are a cretinous fuuktard.

Did you pull that from your arsse?
Peabrain....go ahead and tell us ONE THING in Nigeria that ever got better "by accident". We are waiting!

1 Like

Re: A Former Dictator Is A Better Choice Than A Failed President - THE ECONOMIST by Sagamite(m): 12:57pm On Feb 06, 2015
gbl01:

I understand all your responses to everybody have to be insults when they dont reason in sync with your thoughts. I apologize for quoting you. I was only trying to give my own opinion. Thank you and have a nice day!

People are entitled to their opinion (even if contrary to your own ideas) and its never right to insult them for their line of thought.

"I am entitled to an opinion" is not justification to spew moronic rubbish.

You are only entitled to reasoned opinions.

Next time use your brain before sharing your opinions. Otherwise leave it where it is and don't share.

1 Like

Re: A Former Dictator Is A Better Choice Than A Failed President - THE ECONOMIST by Sagamite(m): 12:58pm On Feb 06, 2015
ROSSIKE:
Peabrain....go ahead and tell us ONE THING in Nigeria that ever got better "by accident". We are waiting!

You are a cretinous fuuktard.

Tell us the one person responsible for our economic growth, cretin.

2 Likes

Re: A Former Dictator Is A Better Choice Than A Failed President - THE ECONOMIST by Nobody: 1:00pm On Feb 06, 2015
Sagamite:

"I am entitled to an opinion" is not justification to spew moronic rubbish.

You are only entitled to reasoned opinions.

Next time use your brain before sharing your opinions. Otherwise leave it where it is and don't share.

Wow! An adult? So only your opinion is right? all other people's opinion are moronic and rubbish? to a point all your response to every other person is insult? We can make sense, correct people without having to insult them. I guess you've chosen your path which is to insult people-what a profession! Thanks for the insult and ride on! at your age, its impossible to change your thinking and mentality or even become civil. Out of the abundance of the heart, you speak. Kudos- you might not bother spewing more insults, i surely wont grace that with a response. You certainly cannot be helped because you dont even believe you need help-you believe you're perfect-but so thought the devil. SO ride on with your 'moronic', 'cretinous' and fuctard speech!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Former Dictator Is A Better Choice Than A Failed President - THE ECONOMIST by Sagamite(m): 1:08pm On Feb 06, 2015
gbl01:

Wow! An adult? So only your opinion is right? all other people's opinion are moronic and rubbish? to a point all your response to every other person is insult? We can make sense, correct people without having to insult them. I guess you've chosen your path which is to insult people-what a profession! Thanks for the insult and ride on! at your age, its impossible to change your thinking and mentality or even become civil. At of the abundance of the heart, you speak. Kudos- you might not bother spewing more insults, i surely wont grace you with a response

You are a cretinous fuuktard!

Did I say only my opinion was right? grin

I asked you a question based on your moronic opinions.

Answer the questions and show us that your opinion was reasoned from your brain and not your arse!

Oya, chop chop. Answer. cool

1 Like

Re: A Former Dictator Is A Better Choice Than A Failed President - THE ECONOMIST by ApexTitan(m): 2:12pm On Feb 06, 2015
Sagamite:

For them to go for Buhari, tells you how bad the clueless Retardeen is.

That is akin to selecting Asad over ISIS, after all Asad has done. The far less bad of 2 poor choices.

In all countries in the world outside Africa, the man GEJ is seen as a complete fooooool.

Everything was in the wikileaks about Nigeria. That was confidential material that we were never suppose to know about or see, so no one can say anything was said to be used as propaganda.

Some of the things revealed by wikileaks was:

1) The Nigerian Chief of Army Staff said the VP, i.e. Retardeen, was a very simple man that was easily influenced.

2) The American Ambassador said that Retardeen has an underwhelming personality and his previous performance is worrying.

3) When Retardeen was Governor of Bayelsa state during the time of the ND militants, he was regarded by the Americans as "weak and out of the loop".

4) A Shell employee stated that having met Retardeen when he was Governor, Retardeen revealed that his life has been threatened by ND militants. The contact Shell employee's assessment of Retardeen was that Retardeen was clearly out of his depth.

5) The American Ambassador called Retardeen a "corrupt and ineffective state governor". He also said the baggage that Jonathan will carry with him into State House includes "past reports of corruption, political thuggery, and payments to militant factions".

6) Another leak said Shepopotamus Patience Jonathan runs her own show and Retardeen has little or no control over her, stressing that she has a more forceful personality than the husband.

Can you tell me which part of these Retardeen's actions has proven to be wrong?

Attempting to hold brief for Jonathan as a person or the type of character he is is of little use, obviously many Nigerians and much of the international community see him as a weakling. I myself have and still continue to be very critical of some of his actions. It is when Jonathan's rule is juxtaposed with that of Buhari's (and the claims and promises that Buhari has made) that we see that Jonathan is way better.

The Economist in that article completely glossed over the inhumanities that the Nigerian population suffered under Buhari, the newspaper also, curiously, didn't appreciate the dangers and damage that Buhari's policies wrought on the country's economy. The basis for their endorsement of Buhari is soley on the anti corruption toga that Buhari's supporters have colored his regime with. He was a merciless dictator who was responsible for part of the fundamental problems that plague Nigeria till this day. Buhari continues to be unrepentant about his regime - he insists that he was right, he continues to make divisive and inflammatory comments which indicate that he is anything but a democrat. In addition to this Buhari has failed to demonstrate that he possesses the wherewithal needed to lead a modern democratic nation to greatness. Nigeria does not need another tyrant.

A funny thing about the Economist article is that it admits that the Nigerian economy is growing but it says the growth is not as a result of the government's policies. Is the Economist suggesting that growth and development can be automatic and independent? Is our economy on auto-pilot?

2 Likes

Re: A Former Dictator Is A Better Choice Than A Failed President - THE ECONOMIST by Nobody: 2:22pm On Feb 06, 2015
bump cool wink tongue embarassed lipsrsealed undecided cry
Re: A Former Dictator Is A Better Choice Than A Failed President - THE ECONOMIST by Sagamite(m): 2:29pm On Feb 06, 2015
ApexTitan:

Attempting to hold brief for Jonathan as a person or the type of character he is is of little use, obviously many Nigerians and much of the international community see him as a weakling. I myself have and still continue to be very critical of some of his actions. It is when Jonathan's rule is juxtaposed with that of Buhari's (and the claims and promises that Buhari has made) that we see that Jonathan is way better.

The Economist in that article completely glossed over the inhumanities that the Nigerian population suffered under Buhari, the newspaper also, curiously, didn't appreciate the dangers and damage that Buhari's policies wrought on the country's economy. The basis for their endorsement of Buhari is soley on the anti corruption toga that Buhari's supporters have colored his regime with. He was a merciless dictator who was responsible for part of the fundamental problems that plague Nigeria till this day. Buhari continues to be unrepentant about his regime - he insists that he was right, he continues to make divisive and inflammatory comments which indicate that he is anything but a democrat. In addition to this Buhari has failed to demonstrate that he possesses the wherewithal needed to lead a modern democratic nation to greatness. Nigeria does not need another tyrant.

Buhari targeted wrong-doers and aimed to stop wrongdoing.

Retardeen targets good-doers and aims to aid wrongdoing.

Who's policy is more of a danger and can cause damage to the country's economy?

ApexTitan:

A funny thing about the Economist article is that it admits that the Nigerian economy is growing but it says the growth is not as a result of the government's policies. Is the Economist suggesting that growth and development can be automatic and independent? Is our economy on auto-pilot?

If you learn economics, like the people at The Economists, you will realise an economy can be dependent on factors like:

a) Leading and lagging effects of previous economic policies/factors.
b) External shocks
c) Informal sector contributions
d) Emergent structure of local economy and its forces

Is it Retardeen's policy that gave Nigerians its population and made it an attractive market? (d)

Is it Retardeen's policy that made oil prices rise over $100 per barrel? (b)

Is it Retardeen's policy that led to the consolidation of the banking industry that led to more competition? (a)

Is it Retardeen's policy that made Nigerians entreprenuerial and led to new sectors like Nollywood? (c) (d)

So can you see now how the intellectuals at The Economists can come up with the fact that Nigeria is growing not as a result of Retardeen but despite him.

All Retardeen needs to do is not help us fck it up. He tried with his consistent support for corruption and waste of foreign reserves but the economy was resilient.

Every policy/achievement that Retardeen has publicly declared he would make happen, he has failed in. So how can you attribute success to his policies?

The clerisy know the growth would have even been better if he was not President.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Former Dictator Is A Better Choice Than A Failed President - THE ECONOMIST by Sagamite(m): 2:51pm On Feb 06, 2015
ApexTitan:

More reasons why Nigerian economic growth is despite Retardeen, not because of him:

https://www.nairaland.com/1410261/tear-burn-nigerian-passport-once/12#17703773

https://www.nairaland.com/2132488/dumb-criminal-actions-gej

1 Like

Re: A Former Dictator Is A Better Choice Than A Failed President - THE ECONOMIST by Alfranco(m): 2:59pm On Feb 06, 2015
gbl01:

I understand all your responses to everybody have to be insults when they dont reason in sync with your thoughts. I apologize for quoting you. I was only trying to give my own opinion. Thank you and have a nice day!

People are entitled to their opinion (even if contrary to your own ideas) and its never right to insult them for their line of thought.

Civility is a trait found in great minds in liberal quantity. God bless you bro.
Re: A Former Dictator Is A Better Choice Than A Failed President - THE ECONOMIST by ApexTitan(m): 3:06pm On Feb 06, 2015
Sagamite:

Buhari targeted wrong-doers and aimed to stop wrongdoing.

Retardeen targets good-doers and aims to aid wrongdoing.

Who's policy is more of a danger and can cause damage to the country's economy?

If you learn economics, like the people at The Economists, you will realise an economy can be dependent on factors like:

- Leading and lagging effects of previous economic factors.
- External shocks
- Informal sector
- Emergent structure of local economy and its forces

Is it Retardeen's policy that gave Nigerians its population and made it an attractive market?

Is it Retardeen's policy that made oil prices rise over $100 per barrel?

Is it Retardeen's policy that led to the consolidation of the banking industry that led to more competition?

Is it Retardeen's policy that made Nigerians entreprenuerial and led to new sectors like Nollywood?

So can you see now how the intellectuals at The Economists can come up with the fact that Nigeria is growing not as a result of Retardeen but despite him.

All Retardeen needs to do is not help us fck it up. He tried with his consistent support for corruption and waste of foreign reserves but the economy was resilient.

The clerisy know the growth would have even been better if he was not President.

True, much of Jonathan's rule has been characterised by waste and corruption. There has been some postives but the negatives stand out more glaringly. Anybody who argues otherwise is not being honest. The question before us now is whether Buhari is a better alternative to Jonathan and I maintain that he isn't.

Your statement that Buhari during his time targetted only wrong doers suffers from the same "glossing over" that I accuse The Economist of in their article. Buhari's regime was anything but fair anybody it did not like was a target. People were punished and killed without a fair trial. The only good legacy from his regime are pictures of Nigerians (under the supervision of soldiers) lining up at bus stations. He pursued what many will agree were very questionable economic policies. It is with that mindset that he appears to want to rule the country today and aside from the anti corruption chants his campaign has been making he has not shown how his economic proposals are any better than what is already in place.( Again curiously The Economist did not bother to analyse any of this)

Jonathan has many faults and shortcomings, we need change but there is nothing in Buhari that I have seen that assures me that he is the change we need.
Re: A Former Dictator Is A Better Choice Than A Failed President - THE ECONOMIST by Sagamite(m): 3:10pm On Feb 06, 2015
Alfranco:

Civility is a trait found in great minds in liberal quantity. God bless you bro.

Moronic Nigerians and their dependence on adages. undecided

1 Like

Re: A Former Dictator Is A Better Choice Than A Failed President - THE ECONOMIST by Sagamite(m): 3:18pm On Feb 06, 2015
ApexTitan:

True, much of Jonathan's rule has been characterised by waste and corruption. There has been some postives but the negatives stand out more glaringly. Anybody who argues otherwise is not being honest. The question before us now is whether Buhari is a better alternative to Jonathan and I maintain that he isn't.

Your statement that Buhari during his time targetted only wrong doers suffers from the same "glossing over" that I accuse The Economist of in their article. Buhari's regime was anything but fair anybody it did not like was a target. People were punished and killed without a fair trial. The only good legacy from his regime are pictures of Nigerians (under the supervision of soldiers) lining up at bus stations. He pursued what many will agree were very questionable economic policies. It is with that mindset that he appears to want to rule the country today and aside from the anti corruption chants his campaign has been making he has not shown how his economic proposals are any better than what is already in place.( Again curiously The Economist did not bother to analyse any of this)

Jonathan has many faults and shortcomings, we need change but there is nothing in Buhari that I have seen that assures me that he is the change we need.

As I have always said, I judge leaders on 3 things: Intelligence, Competence and Intentions.

Considering there are only 2 viable options given to Nigerians, both of which are poor options (as The Economists too said), then the only alternative to Retardeen is Buhari.

Buhari is a better choice because he scores higher in my 3 criteria.

Far higher in intentions. Not such great scores for the other 2 but still better than Retardeen's scores.

Retardeen is a controllable cretin that is unintelligent, incompetent and does not have good intentions.

I dare say, I am sure many of his mistakes can be directly linked to the advice (or more so, instructions) of his illiterate wife. Some others from greedy people, who surround him and are far smarter than him.

3 Likes

Re: A Former Dictator Is A Better Choice Than A Failed President - THE ECONOMIST by modhream: 3:24pm On Feb 06, 2015
InglishTeechar:

Didnt know fools still exist until i found you...are you telling me the people in the econonist are not humans and cannot be bribed abi. Sometimes it baffles me that some Nigerians think bribery and corruption is only done in Nigeria...there is no place in these world that bribery and corruption dont exist, so open your eyes and mind, mumu.
Called me a fool,eh?.I'll let that lie for now.
Now Lackwit,what and what do you think the Economist got wrong as to arrive at their conclusion/endorsemen?.What's your contribution to the debate here?.
Re: A Former Dictator Is A Better Choice Than A Failed President - THE ECONOMIST by ApexTitan(m): 3:46pm On Feb 06, 2015
Sagamite:

As I have always said, I judge leaders on 3 things: Intelligence, Competence and Intentions.
Considering there are only 2 viable options given to Nigerians, both of which are poo options (as The Economists too said), then the only alternative to Retardeen is Buhari.
Buhari is a better choice because he scores higher in my 3 criteria.
Far higher in intentions. Not such great scores for the other 2 but still better than Retardeen's scores.
Retardeen is a controllable cretin that is unintelligent, incompetent and does not have good intentions.
I dare say, I am sure many of his mistakes can be directly linked to the advice (or more so, instructions) of his illiterate wife. Some others from greedy people, who surround him and are far smarter than him.

When it comes to intelligence and competence I think both candidates are evenly matched, we are not dealing with any Einsteins that's for sure. One is weak where the other is obstinate. As for intentions those can be very misleading. . . I rememeber the saying "the road to hell is paved with good intentions".

Anyway I hope that on the 14th Nigeria does not return to a past that it desperately needs to cut away from.
Re: A Former Dictator Is A Better Choice Than A Failed President - THE ECONOMIST by mitscholar: 6:49pm On Feb 06, 2015
What they mean by despite is this. Permit me to use this example.
Despite the epileptic power supply in the country, the economy has grown. And not because the govt improved electricity supply, the economy grew.
In essence, we as Nigerians are fighting through our challenging economic environment to make things happen. Nigeria doesn't have the best business environment . We just have a huge market that no good investor wants to ignore.
Yes, you may be right that they're wrong. I think that's why they tried to be safe by using the word "largely"

ROSSIKE:

They are wrong. Just because they say something.....are they your God? Or you don't have your own brain to know that nothing gets better in Nigeria unless someone makes it so? Despite ko, despite ni,
Re: A Former Dictator Is A Better Choice Than A Failed President - THE ECONOMIST by Sagamite(m): 7:21pm On Feb 06, 2015
ApexTitan:

When it comes to intelligence and competence I think both candidates are evenly matched, we are not dealing with any Einsteins that's for sure. One is weak where the other is obstinate. As for intentions those can be very misleading. . . I rememeber the saying "the road to hell is paved with good intentions".

Anyway I hope that on the 14th Nigeria does not return to a past that it desperately needs to cut away from.

To be frank, I disagree about them being matched.

Buhari is not the brightest tool in the box, but Retardeen's 'stupidity' adds a long string of extra "u"s to the word.

I would rather travel to hell on roads paved with good intentions, than travel on one paved with bad intentions.

2 Likes

Re: A Former Dictator Is A Better Choice Than A Failed President - THE ECONOMIST by kuramo: 7:26pm On Feb 06, 2015
Better a former incorruptible dictator than a dim wit with a questionable Phd.
Re: A Former Dictator Is A Better Choice Than A Failed President - THE ECONOMIST by Mumuhari(m): 10:20pm On Feb 06, 2015
Allah has buttered my cabin biscuit

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

CCT Vs SARAKI: Numbers Of Senators Reduced S.R / Michelle Obama And BBOG Frustrated Chibok Girls Rescue: Aisha Wakil / Kogi West: Dino Melaye Speaks On The Conduct Of The Election (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.