Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,806 members, 7,810,099 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

Fuel Pump For My Bmw 3.20i - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fuel Pump For My Bmw 3.20i (1451 Views)

Bad Or Failing Fuel Pump? These Maybe The Causes / Ored BMW 760li : The Official "Beast" Car Of Lagos State Governor / Mercedes Overtakes BMW As Biggest Luxury Car Brand. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Pump For My Bmw 3.20i by april4mee(m): 7:09am On Feb 06, 2015
pls how much is a fuel pump for the above named vehicle and where can i get a good one. am also thinking of getting bigger rims for the car. because its very low and the roads here are bad. any advice? thanks
Re: Fuel Pump For My Bmw 3.20i by Nobody: 8:02am On Feb 06, 2015
From your profile I believe you stay at Ogun state, most Auto Dealers that I know of are in Lagos, if you have someone residing in Lagos would suggest you implore them to visit Auto Parts, ASPAMDA Trade Fair complex along Lagos - Badagry Expressway alternatively you could check Ladipo Auto Market along Oshodi - Apapa Expressway Lagos, infact this is a depot for what you need at affordable prices.
Re: Fuel Pump For My Bmw 3.20i by april4mee(m): 4:17pm On Feb 06, 2015
thanks i reside in ifo just close to the outskirt of lagos. so the proximitywouldnt be a problem. can i know the price range?
Re: Fuel Pump For My Bmw 3.20i by Nobody: 4:32pm On Feb 06, 2015
Should be between ₦ 35,000 - ₦ 50,000, I also know of a company at KM 35 Lekki Epe Expressway, Awoyaya, Lagos Tel: 08098189744 or 07062883982 it might be closer to you, just call the numbers above and please don't make any payment until you have seen the product.
Re: Fuel Pump For My Bmw 3.20i by Nobody: 6:26pm On Feb 06, 2015
april4mee:
thanks i reside in ifo just close to the outskirt of lagos. so the proximitywouldnt be a problem. can i know the price range?

If I were u I won't take whatever this autosbay/econelectronics say very seriously. Most of the times he just makes comment about things he doesn't know about. First u should start by stating the model of ur car, I mean the year/generation and let people that actually have the idea comment. Unless u want to tell me that all BMW 320i use the same the pump.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Pump For My Bmw 3.20i by chillex8(m): 10:36pm On Feb 06, 2015
greenhulk:

If I were u I won't take whatever this autosbay/econelectronics say very seriously. Most of the times he just makes comment about things he doesn't know about. First u should start by stating the model of ur car, I mean the year/generation and let people that actually have the idea comment. Unless u want to tell me that all BMW 320i use the same the pump.

Wetin be this na cheesy

Wetin autosbay do you na
Re: Fuel Pump For My Bmw 3.20i by Nobody: 2:10am On Feb 07, 2015
greenhulk:

first two sentences ain't called for even though it might be true.
Re: Fuel Pump For My Bmw 3.20i by Nobody: 12:29pm On Feb 07, 2015
I concur. Don't pay any mind to Autosbay...he'll mislead you with.incorrect prices...pls state the year and model of your BMW...then we can properly aid you...regardless you can get the pump easily at Ladipo.
Re: Fuel Pump For My Bmw 3.20i by april4mee(m): 11:37pm On Feb 08, 2015
thanks. its a 2001 bmw 3.20i see pix below.

Re: Fuel Pump For My Bmw 3.20i by sultaan(m): 3:11am On Feb 09, 2015
Does it use a fuel filter ? If it does change that first .

If the car has a problem you have to be sure it fuel pump before you start throwing parts at it
Re: Fuel Pump For My Bmw 3.20i by uboma(m): 9:13am On Feb 09, 2015
EconElectronics:
Should be between ₦ 35,000 - ₦ 50,000, I also know of a company at KM 35 Lekki Epe Expressway, Awoyaya, Lagos Tel: 08098189744 or 07062883982 it might be closer to you, just call the numbers above and please don't make any payment until you have seen the product.

That quote for fuel pump? I want to assume that u are joking.

@ op, what makes you feel its the fuel pump that is faulty? Get a reliable rewire confirm to you that the fuel pump is bad. Or else check the filter like someone suggested. Nice car
Re: Fuel Pump For My Bmw 3.20i by april4mee(m): 5:48pm On Feb 10, 2015
the car has been on a spot for over two years while i was away. i was told tb fuel pump was repaired twice when i refusd to start. was adviced ti change it instead of repairing it again.
Re: Fuel Pump For My Bmw 3.20i by abatically(m): 6:39pm On Feb 10, 2015
chillex8:

Wetin be this na cheesy

Wetin autosbay do you na

Autosbay is econelectronics and he just quoted 50k for fuel pump without even knowing the model of the car.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Pump For My Bmw 3.20i by laivwire(m): 7:37pm On Feb 10, 2015
Well I just got my BMW 318i 1993 (e36 of course) today and it feels good already. She sputters when I kick start her and my mechnaic says its likely the fuel pump. He got to this condition because he noticed the fuel filter was dirty during servicing. He kind of trustworthy though and he says the fuel pump should go for about N3500.

Waiting to see how it goes.
Re: Fuel Pump For My Bmw 3.20i by april4mee(m): 6:40pm On Feb 13, 2015
laivwire:
Well I just got my BMW 318i 1993 (e36 of course) today and it feels good already. She sputters when I kick start her and my mechnaic says its likely the fuel pump. He got to this condition because he noticed the fuel filter was dirty during servicing. He kind of trustworthy though and he says the fuel pump should go for about N3500.

Waiting to see how it goes.

am waiting for your story too. i have sent a mechanic to remove the pump so i can take it wt me to ladipo. wt that i can see what i wan to buy and compare notes. thanks
Re: Fuel Pump For My Bmw 3.20i by april4mee(m): 6:41pm On Feb 13, 2015
seems fuel pump is a renowned problem with the bmw 3 series at least from my little research online. does anyone know any other pros and cons of this ride?

(1) (Reply)

Torque Wrench Needed / 2016 Honda HR-V: Honda Joins The Rapidly-expanding Small SUV Segment / 4x4 Offroaders Videos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.