Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

Why Nigerians Must Be United In This Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigerians Must Be United In This Election (928 Views)

Nigerians Must Come Together, Support Fulani Herdsmen – Samuel Ortom / 18 States Where Jonathan Might Lose This Election - Adedayo Ademuwagun / What Is United In United Nations UN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Nigerians Must Be United In This Election by alt3r3g0: 9:17am On Feb 06, 2015
The elections are almost a week away and I would like to share my vision of the Nigeria I desire.

The Nigeria I desire is one in which all will be treated equally, irrespective of their culture and tribe. I am from the niger delta and married to a beautiful Yoruba lady. My best friend is from the north and I have in laws from other states Benue, Benin etc.

In Nigeria of today, the politicians are almost assured of 8 years in office. There was some talk sometime back to change the constitution to 8 years, one tenure. There is also the talk of zoning the leadership..leadership by Zoning and not competence.

The time for us to set things right is now. The divide has never been so thin and may never be so again if we miss this opportunity.

I believe if we vote out an underperforming regime, it will set the pace for Nigeria and our unborn generations.  It will let politicians know that;

·         8 years is not a given right but a reward for good governance.

·         it’s not the size of your campaign budget that matters but your track record

·         it’s not a function of your tribe but what you have to offer to the country

·         they are there to serve the people and not their party..as only the party members would not be able to re elect them into office.

This election is not about Jonathan and Buhari, but the future of Nigeria. Let’s look beyond the front runners. I believe APC will be like Obama. If they win, they will do all they can to make Nigeria better. They know that if they do not perform, they will never get into power again. We have also seen the good record in APC states.

In the case of Tinubu that some people are scared of, Under his reign, Lagos made progress, after him, he recommended Fashola. Fashola did very well. I’ve heard a lot of people make comments such as “If Fashola was APC’s flag bearer, they would have voted for him”. If Fashola was a stooge for Tinubu as some factions also claim, then Lagos is still making progress under Tinubu.

For those afraid of Buhari, Nigeria has gone past the stage of one man imposing his will on us. Obasanjo’s third Tenure bid is testament to that fact. You will agree with me that he has more influence than Buhari and Gej combined. He put Odili, Ibori and Alams in check even at a time when they had immunity. Even at that, he could not get a third term bid. So for all the propaganda about Islamizing Nigeria, sharia, ban the press, ban nairaland..its all hogwash.

Why vote Apc? Assuming PDP has 40% of the votes as the ruling party. It means 60 % is against them. Assuming 25% for APC, 30% don’t want either PDP or APC and 5% could care less. Come feb 14, PDP will remain in power, and its business as usual. Militants that were disarmed from speed boats only to be rearmed with warships keeps getting stronger, and the same negative trend continues.

This is why we must unite in our vote, to vote for change. Unite against whats wrong to set the pace for a new Nigeria, to send a clear message to the politicians that they are there to serve the nation and they must not let our trust down.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Why Nigerians Must Be United In This Election by otokx(m): 4:30pm On Apr 06, 2019
alt3r3g0:
The elections are almost a week away and I would like to share my vision of the Nigeria I desire.

The Nigeria I desire is one in which all will be treated equally, irrespective of their culture and tribe. I am from the niger delta and married to a beautiful Yoruba lady. My best friend is from the north and I have in laws from other states Benue, Benin etc.

In Nigeria of today, the politicians are almost assured of 8 years in office. There was some talk sometime back to change the constitution to 8 years, one tenure. There is also the talk of zoning the leadership..leadership by Zoning and not competence.

The time for us to set things right is now. The divide has never been so thin and may never be so again if we miss this opportunity.

I believe if we vote out an underperforming regime, it will set the pace for Nigeria and our unborn generations.  It will let politicians know that;

·         8 years is not a given right but a reward for good governance.

·         it’s not the size of your campaign budget that matters but your track record

·         it’s not a function of your tribe but what you have to offer to the country

·         they are there to serve the people and not their party..as only the party members would not be able to re elect them into office.

This election is not about Jonathan and Buhari, but the future of Nigeria. Let’s look beyond the front runners. I believe APC will be like Obama. If they win, they will do all they can to make Nigeria better. They know that if they do not perform, they will never get into power again. We have also seen the good record in APC states.

In the case of Tinubu that some people are scared of, Under his reign, Lagos made progress, after him, he recommended Fashola. Fashola did very well. I’ve heard a lot of people make comments such as “If Fashola was APC’s flag bearer, they would have voted for him”. If Fashola was a stooge for Tinubu as some factions also claim, then Lagos is still making progress under Tinubu.

For those afraid of Buhari, Nigeria has gone past the stage of one man imposing his will on us. Obasanjo’s third Tenure bid is testament to that fact. You will agree with me that he has more influence than Buhari and Gej combined. He put Odili, Ibori and Alams in check even at a time when they had immunity. Even at that, he could not get a third term bid. So for all the propaganda about Islamizing Nigeria, sharia, ban the press, ban nairaland..its all hogwash.

Why vote Apc? Assuming PDP has 40% of the votes as the ruling party. It means 60 % is against them. Assuming 25% for APC, 30% don’t want either PDP or APC and 5% could care less. Come feb 14, PDP will remain in power, and its business as usual. Militants that were disarmed from speed boats only to be rearmed with warships keeps getting stronger, and the same negative trend continues.

This is why we must unite in our vote, to vote for change. Unite against whats wrong to set the pace for a new Nigeria, to send a clear message to the politicians that they are there to serve the nation and they must not let our trust down.

God bless Nigeria.

Interesting

(1) (Reply)

Apc's New Campaign Strategy For Buhari / Please, I Just Want To Know The Difference Between The Old PDP And The New APC / Vladimir Putin Says Russia's Military Might Has No Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.