Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,003 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Nigerians Must Come Together, Support Fulani Herdsmen – Samuel Ortom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Must Come Together, Support Fulani Herdsmen – Samuel Ortom (2235 Views)

Samuel Ortom: I Have Been Paying Salaries Since I Left APC / Samuel Ortom Visits Atiku Abubakar In Dubai (Photo) / Catholic Priest Stops Governor Samuel Ortom From Addressing The Church In Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Must Come Together, Support Fulani Herdsmen – Samuel Ortom by Nobody: 5:26pm On Apr 24, 2017

The governor of Benue State, Samuel Ortom, has stated that his government cannot be spending money on security in this recession.

Benue has been in crises in recent times following incessant attacks on the people of the state by herdsmen as well as attacks by gunmen in some parts of the state.

The Federal Government had deployed security forces to comb the flash points across the state, leading to the arrest of several persons linked to most wanted criminal, Terwase Akwanza, aka Gana.

Addressing reporters at the government house, Makurdi, on his return from China, the governor maintained that money meant for security could be used to solve other problems.

He reiterated the need for ranching as a panacea for putting an end to the clash between herdsmen and farmers in the country.

According to him, “The solution to Fulani invasion is ranching. There is nowhere in the world where we have cattle moving about except in Nigeria. Why must we live with animals? How can we continue to spend on security in the midst of recession?

“We must ranch our cattle. Nigeria must come together to support herdsmen ranch their cattle.”

While reacting to the recent clash between Fulani herdsmen and farmers in Ikpayongo area of the state in which six persons were reportedly killed and many others injured, he urged the youths to be law abiding and stop taking laws into their hands.

Ortom advised the people of the state to always report whenever there were issues to the appropriate quarters so that government could take up the matter with a view to finding solutions to them.

He added, “Report where there are issues. Two wrongs can never make a right. People will begin to be afraid of Benue if we continue this way. No matter the provocation, we must be law abiding so that government can fight for us.”
SOURCE;http://dailypost.ng/2017/04/24/nigerians-must-come-together-support-fulani-herdsmen-samuel-ortom/

cc; lalasticlala, Mynd44

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Must Come Together, Support Fulani Herdsmen – Samuel Ortom by TippyTop(m): 5:28pm On Apr 24, 2017
The solution to Fulani invasion is ranching. There is nowhere in the world where we have cattle moving about except in Nigeria. Why must we live with animals?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Must Come Together, Support Fulani Herdsmen – Samuel Ortom by deedeedee1: 5:30pm On Apr 24, 2017
This man should resign already. Under your roof thousand of your people have been murdered by these herdsmen and yet you do nothing.
Bloody Coward!!!!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Must Come Together, Support Fulani Herdsmen – Samuel Ortom by sarrki(m): 5:33pm On Apr 24, 2017
Am sure he was quote out of context

Having said that ortom you are one of the worst governor in the history of Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Must Come Together, Support Fulani Herdsmen – Samuel Ortom by TippyTop(m): 5:33pm On Apr 24, 2017
“We must ranch our cattle. Nigeria must come together to support herdsmen ranch their cattle.”

We must come together and ranch their cattle, how about doing same thing to chicken/goat farmers?
Is it cause Chicken farmers are non violent?
Where in the world do you reward violence?

Benue people may have capitulated to the Fulanis, the rest of us haven't.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Must Come Together, Support Fulani Herdsmen – Samuel Ortom by ShobayoEmma(m): 5:38pm On Apr 24, 2017
Sir are you drunk or high on something? Afer these herdsmen have killed, maimed and raped your people? And which government has ever done anything to tame the situation? The simple truth is that; this bunch of invaders don't care about your rules or laws, so you have to treat them without rules or laws. My own is : never preach to me after you might have done your worse.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians Must Come Together, Support Fulani Herdsmen – Samuel Ortom by Pavore9: 5:40pm On Apr 24, 2017
Should I contribute money or land to help them ranch their cattle? angry The Government is not yet ready for resolve these​ nomadic herdsmen issue!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Must Come Together, Support Fulani Herdsmen – Samuel Ortom by GloriaNinja(f): 5:45pm On Apr 24, 2017
An PENDING BOMB DEY INSIDE HIS HEAD

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Must Come Together, Support Fulani Herdsmen – Samuel Ortom by Blue3k(m): 5:49pm On Apr 24, 2017
Lol I already posted this story.
Re: Nigerians Must Come Together, Support Fulani Herdsmen – Samuel Ortom by signz: 5:50pm On Apr 24, 2017
I'm not understanding. How does he want Nigeria to help Fulani herdsmen?

For the love of God, we're trying to use our scarce resources to build ranches for foreigners that don't pay taxes. How many of these herdsmen are Nigerians?

You see why Nigeria must be restructured? This man is saying that we should use Niger delta oil and tax collected from all the states (Lagos with highest contribution) to take care of ONE TRIBE & Their Kin from all over West Africa.

I sur that if states had state police, the armed group of the Fulani wouldn't be causing problems in Nigeria.
It's either we restructure this country now or we go our separate ways biko.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Must Come Together, Support Fulani Herdsmen – Samuel Ortom by Nobody: 5:52pm On Apr 24, 2017
what other support? Is it until there no longer first class and secondary citizen of nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Must Come Together, Support Fulani Herdsmen – Samuel Ortom by successmatters(m): 5:53pm On Apr 24, 2017
Until Nigerians come together to support cocoa farmers in Oshogbo, support shoe manufacturers in Aba, support cassava farmers in Benue and yam farmers in Abakaliki,

Nobody should give any support to Fulani herdsmen. Them no get two heads!

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerians Must Come Together, Support Fulani Herdsmen – Samuel Ortom by XerXers: 5:54pm On Apr 24, 2017
TippyTop:

We must come together and ranch their cattle, how about doing same thing to chicken/goat farmers?
Is it cause Chicken farmers are non violent?
Where in the world do you reward violence?

Benue people may have capitulated to the Fulanis, the rest of us haven't.
Imagine the nonsense, why should we come together for someone's private business, they should purchase land from any willing seller and ranch their cattle, what is there to come together for?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Must Come Together, Support Fulani Herdsmen – Samuel Ortom by Nobody: 5:55pm On Apr 24, 2017
Blue3k:
Lol I already posted this story.
okay
Re: Nigerians Must Come Together, Support Fulani Herdsmen – Samuel Ortom by AzeezAbubakar1: 5:57pm On Apr 24, 2017
Jesus!!!
this is omenkalives governor grin

now i understand the endless support of fulani herdsmen by omenkalives and even went further to say that they're not the ones killing people cheesy

his governor just confirmed it

the governor have dozens of securities while
the other one doesn't even live in Benue so tell me how will they feel the plight of ordinary local farmers living in Benue state? angry

chaii people dey try ooo grin

my heart goes out to those defenseless Benue indigene please arm yourselves fight like men kill the modaforkers (Fulani herdsmen) i know that your hopeless governor will arrest you for killing the herdsmen but it's very noble to die in battle than to live and eventually die like a coward.
God is your strength

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians Must Come Together, Support Fulani Herdsmen – Samuel Ortom by TheFreeOne: 6:11pm On Apr 24, 2017
Is Ortom high on cow urine

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Must Come Together, Support Fulani Herdsmen – Samuel Ortom by orisa37: 6:24pm On Apr 24, 2017
space007:

SOURCE;http://dailypost.ng/2017/04/24/nigerians-must-come-together-support-fulani-herdsmen-samuel-ortom/

cc; lalasticlala, Mynd44

The Topic should be Nigeria, please come together to support Fulani Herdsmen RANCH their Cattle in Sokoto, Zamfara, Kano and Katsina but never below Rivers Niger and Benue. In all of The South, East and West, The Federal Government should provide Money for all The Southern States to build Ranches for their people. Even Animals protect their Territories. If you want The Agatus, The Idomas, The Igedes and The TIV's to be slaves to the Fulani's for ever, na you sabi.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Must Come Together, Support Fulani Herdsmen – Samuel Ortom by Nobody: 6:45pm On Apr 24, 2017
It's a pity that nearly a thousand innocent lives have been lost in Benue yet the only thing been done about it is press statement.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Must Come Together, Support Fulani Herdsmen – Samuel Ortom by Bodexman(m): 7:03pm On Apr 24, 2017
sarrki:

Having said that ortom you are one of the worst governor in the history of Nigeria

Its now obvious that this man cannot protect his people against the herdsmen. He's a fear fear governor.

Maybe he's trying to be in the good books of buhari. SMH

Benue people...... behold your governor

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Must Come Together, Support Fulani Herdsmen – Samuel Ortom by 9jabull: 8:03pm On Apr 24, 2017
This man bu akpu oru, can you image ethnic cleansing going on in his state since 2015 under his watch, the only thing he can say is for people to help Fulani's form ranch.

Have you help poor farmers in your state but to help Fulani's.
How help market women & other trader.

Nwokea bu ike nsi.

They suppose done declare state of emergency in that state if it was PDP state.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Must Come Together, Support Fulani Herdsmen – Samuel Ortom by Fmartin(m): 8:20pm On Apr 24, 2017
this man won't stop disgracing us

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Must Come Together, Support Fulani Herdsmen – Samuel Ortom by lilfreezy: 8:29pm On Apr 24, 2017
Which kind parent go born pikin finish come name am ortom. Ehn! The thing dey sound like say i throw stone inside deep water grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Must Come Together, Support Fulani Herdsmen – Samuel Ortom by mrvitalis(m): 8:32pm On Apr 24, 2017
Buy arrow ..buy gun ..shot any cow or cow owner that nears ur farm ...
Re: Nigerians Must Come Together, Support Fulani Herdsmen – Samuel Ortom by Nobody: 8:35pm On Apr 24, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin
lilfreezy:
Which kind parent go born pikin finish come name am ortom. Ehn! The thing dey sound like say i throw stone inside deep water grin
Re: Nigerians Must Come Together, Support Fulani Herdsmen – Samuel Ortom by mrvitalis(m): 8:45pm On Apr 24, 2017
This is foolishness ...when I start my farm ..if any cow enter my farm its dead ...near me I kill u too

I am an mbaise man o fear nothing not even God ...

Rubbish ..who gives Igbo's land to build market ??

This is a capitalist economy of u can't compete go home

Enugu of all this shit ...farmers should form vigilantes by the time they kill like 3000 cows they go learn ..rubbish

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Must Come Together, Support Fulani Herdsmen – Samuel Ortom by OBAGADAFFI: 8:47pm On Apr 24, 2017
Is this a joke shocked
Re: Nigerians Must Come Together, Support Fulani Herdsmen – Samuel Ortom by dami2boi(m): 9:08pm On Apr 24, 2017
sarrki:

FINALLY HMMM.

But what a sorry pity
Re: Nigerians Must Come Together, Support Fulani Herdsmen – Samuel Ortom by TheFreeOne: 10:20pm On Apr 24, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:
Is this a joke shocked

Bros that governor matter don weak me.

It's amazing that his people haven't call for his impeachment.

The dude is a total disgrace to benue state.
Re: Nigerians Must Come Together, Support Fulani Herdsmen – Samuel Ortom by Nobody: 11:41pm On Apr 24, 2017
Did he really say that...

Will you keep kwayet.......?
Re: Nigerians Must Come Together, Support Fulani Herdsmen – Samuel Ortom by lelvin(m): 1:34am On Apr 25, 2017
This man Ortom or Akoto is funnier than Basket.
Re: Nigerians Must Come Together, Support Fulani Herdsmen – Samuel Ortom by fitzmayowa: 5:42am On Apr 25, 2017
"We must ranch our cattle. Nigeria must come together to support herdsmen ranch their cattle.”

This governor is a comedian....
Re: Nigerians Must Come Together, Support Fulani Herdsmen – Samuel Ortom by ipreach: 5:47am On Apr 25, 2017
What is this man saying

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest / Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto / Be Careful On Friday If You Live In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.