Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,720 members, 7,824,044 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

I Love Him Dearly, But He Is Not Educated. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Love Him Dearly, But He Is Not Educated. (2690 Views)

He Has Been After Her For 4 Years.......She's More Educated, Older And Richer / From Us To You.... We Love You Dearly!!! / "My Boyfriend Beats Me Always But I Love Him" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Love Him Dearly, But He Is Not Educated. by IBCE(f): 11:33am On Dec 31, 2008
I'm I confused or what?
I love him truly
We've bin dating for 3years now.
He has proposed, I want to marry him.[b][/b]
But everyone who know frowns at his Educational background.
I tink He can still go 2 scul,bt wld it be different?
I need u guys to talk to me.
Re: I Love Him Dearly, But He Is Not Educated. by Olayinkaoj(m): 1:34pm On Dec 31, 2008
You did not tell the forum of ur level of education and that of ur man. Actually, I dont appreciate too much disparity in spouses educational level. But anyway, since u said u love him, let no education prevent u from getting to ur goal as long as u can stand by him with no sign of shame or regret. Mind u, u need to know if he is intelligent enough for the kind of person u are. You know what you want ,and if he meets your level of basic literacy level, go for him. But dont have the mind of managing him becos there is no management in a good relationship. Good luck
Re: I Love Him Dearly, But He Is Not Educated. by IBCE(f): 1:46pm On Dec 31, 2008
Yinka tnx
I jst ve my 1st degree 4 now
He has his ssc. Asper intelligence he really is gud.
Bt i ve jst one big problem,Its sth I admire a lot in guys, Eloquence, in English language.
HE is not jst where I want as regards.
I'm wondering if getting into scul now wld make a change.
Re: I Love Him Dearly, But He Is Not Educated. by frijos(m): 2:03pm On Dec 31, 2008
@ poster

I believe he can improve on his English if he is willing to learn. Let him sign up for free newsletters here www.about.com when u get to the main page type "English language and grammer" in the search box and click go.
Re: I Love Him Dearly, But He Is Not Educated. by Busybody2(f): 2:03pm On Dec 31, 2008
I personally don't pay too much attention to what people say, afterall its my life and they cannot live it for me, so ignore people telling you what to do.

If its just the education aspect, I would have suggested you hinted he advanced his studies and give him all the support he needs, but it is clealy obvious that the issue runs deeper than this, his perceived lack of intelligence on your part, which makes you cringe in public is what you need to address first and foremost and IMHO, education cannot solve this.

How many modules of English Language studies is undertaken at University level? It is one thing to be able to write well in English, thanks to the spelling and grammar package that comes with Microsoft Office but it is another to speak it smiley
Re: I Love Him Dearly, But He Is Not Educated. by Olayinkaoj(m): 2:05pm On Dec 31, 2008
Lady,
I understand u. School cert holder sld be able to speak well, Eloquency comes regular practise. But u know what u want most.
Re: I Love Him Dearly, But He Is Not Educated. by Cristalz(f): 2:41pm On Dec 31, 2008
Brighter Grammar dey na grin

Follow your heart girl. Since his IQ is reasonable, he should digest BG pretty quick.
Re: I Love Him Dearly, But He Is Not Educated. by Busybody2(f): 3:08pm On Dec 31, 2008
Cristalz:

Follow your heart girl. Since his IQ is reasonable, he should digest BG pretty quick.

Hey you , I guess your common sense good sense of humour was on a break, for you to intone that I only came out after you had left that thread abi, what were you feening like If not for the fact that the Admin locked that thread and the fact that it is New Year tommorrow, I would have Just thank your stars you had a lucky escape cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: I Love Him Dearly, But He Is Not Educated. by bronxdog: 3:10pm On Dec 31, 2008
dont you know that you are lucky? Because the bible says, in the last days, five women will run to a single man to beg him to marry them, even if only to bear his name - you stay here dey talk say him no know book.
Re: I Love Him Dearly, But He Is Not Educated. by Busybody2(f): 3:11pm On Dec 31, 2008
Cristalz:

Here's an olive branch and a mistletoe I come in peace, now gi'us a kiss geezer kiss cheesy grin cheesy
Re: I Love Him Dearly, But He Is Not Educated. by Ficco(m): 3:42pm On Dec 31, 2008
I think you are trying to break a heart. For a good 3 yrs you have been with this guy without noticing his level of education and now u want to call it a quit.
U are not being fare to this ur guy. I have come to know that love covereth all sins, how much more little education.
Re: I Love Him Dearly, But He Is Not Educated. by iice(f): 4:24pm On Dec 31, 2008
After 3 years? Na now the thing dey bother you because you will add his name to your own?
It took you three years of your life and his to get to this? undecided Maybe you shouldn't consider his proposal since you are worried of what other people think about the man you have been with for 3 years. Shouldn't you be talking to him about this?
Re: I Love Him Dearly, But He Is Not Educated. by tanwiz: 11:48pm On Jan 01, 2009
see my dear,ds world is ups nd dwn datng 4 3 yrs does nt mattr nd quick proposal 2 marriage is nt it at all 4 u hv a lng wy 2 go in life,snce he as bad educatn,u cnnt start coachng him cos he wl feel lttle oppressd cos he is a man,i hv a lot 2 say bt jus bcreful 4 i had a rltnshp 0f 5yrs bt is dwn in d drain,cos no man is born too perfect.hapi nw year
Re: I Love Him Dearly, But He Is Not Educated. by Tatase(f): 12:13am On Jan 02, 2009
I think a person should only marry someone they can respect and it seems like you're a little embarrassed about/ashamed of your guy's english. I don't think its only people talking that is bothering you, I think you are also bothered by the way he speaks and his not matching your education (you said that he's not what you envisioned for yourself). I'm sorry to tell you, usually if by SSCE his English is not what you like, by university, it probably won't be either. I've encountered lots of graduates who still don't speak gramatically-correct English. I'm not saying that it's impossible to learn, I'm only saying it has to be a priority for him also because it's not at all that easy to just one day change a lifetime of grammar and English-speaking habits.

As for your situation, you need to decide whether you can get past his educational shortcomings, if deep down it's still bothering you, then marriage may not be the best idea for now because if you're already a little ashamed of him, you'll eventually resent him and then it will turn to constant fighting (because of male ego and female disappointment issues) and it will be a mess. Reconcile your issues before looking at that next step. Is he going to go to school in the near-ish future? Can he do it part-time if he needs to work (one of my relatives did that)? For you which is the bigger problem: his missing higher education? or the way he speaks english? You've already invested 3 years into this so that means you need to really talk about it with your guy and think things through, but at the same time, don't because of 3years tie yourself to someone you're already having issues; a lifetime is wayyyyyyy longer than 3years.
Re: I Love Him Dearly, But He Is Not Educated. by martho(m): 10:32am On Jan 02, 2009
bronx_dog:

don't you know that you are lucky? Because the bible says, in the last days, five women will run to a single man to beg him to marry them, even if only to bear his name - you stay here dey talk say him no know book.
she no sabi.A school cert.holder should be able to express his or herself.u just realised he is not good enough 4 u because u have a degree.u can never satisfy a woman.u think u are superior than him:he is still the man no matter what.
Re: I Love Him Dearly, But He Is Not Educated. by stanech: 10:54am On Jan 02, 2009
grin

Well make you enrol am for pre GCE examiner school of reading and writting it is FREE

smiley HEY NO MATTER WHAT IF YOU LOVE HIM THEN GO-AHEAD. LOVE IS ALL THAT MATTERS.
Re: I Love Him Dearly, But He Is Not Educated. by Cristalz(f): 11:04am On Jan 02, 2009
Busy_body:

Here's an olive branch and a mistletoe I come in peace, now gi'us a kiss geezer kiss cheesy grin cheesy

Offerings accepted, fellow geezer kiss  cheesy grin

My common sense and good humor have never left me for once though.  .  .Happy new year!!
Re: I Love Him Dearly, But He Is Not Educated. by gloryon(m): 12:55pm On Jan 02, 2009
If i were you i will suck his dick[color=#006600][/color]
Re: I Love Him Dearly, But He Is Not Educated. by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jan 02, 2009
bronx_dog:

don't you know that you are lucky? Because the bible says, in the last days, five women will run to a single man to beg him to marry them, even if only to bear his name - you stay here dey talk say him no know book.

What has the Bible got to do with anything that is being discussed here? Nigerians cannot spend 5 minutes without talking about something in the Bible, yet our society is about the most corrupt in the world. Every little thing, they talk about the Bible. Abeg make we hear something jare. I don tire!

The lady who spent three years with a man before she realised that his English wasn't good enough for her, how many  years will it take after marrying him before she learns that having misgivings about a relationship at this stage must only mean that this man cannot be the perfect man that she wants him to be? She can either take him as he is, if she loves him enough, and work on his education after the marriage, (somebody has already wisely commented on male ego issues), or she can end the relationship and live a life free of worry about her partner's English speaking ability. What more is there to be said? The decision is hers, and hers alone.
Re: I Love Him Dearly, But He Is Not Educated. by iz2much: 1:24pm On Jan 02, 2009
glory on:

If i were you i will suck his privates[color=#006600][/color]

Gholahan you dey here again. Why cant you too no marry girls we dey work 4 that Tipper Garage way dey beside your house. Suck His Oko ko Suck his Epon ni.

All what U know is Epon, OKo, OBo SExuality all the Time.
Re: I Love Him Dearly, But He Is Not Educated. by darqly(m): 3:39pm On Jan 02, 2009
@poster, Its a BIG one, but the ball is in your court and yours alone. He's intelligent enough for you to have been attracted in the first place, so I disagree that he's un-educated! Not schooled formally perhaps. He cannot speak the english fluently would be a better categorization and this is a big "To Do" if you allow it to be.

If you do Love him enough to marry him, then encourage him 'lovingly' to improve, but you cannot force it on him else you'll lose him and worse, you'll damage his self worth.
If he refuses, or feels slighted, then you have to FORGET it and Love him as he is.

If you do marry him, you'll go out together, you'll attend public functions together- you have to remember not to make excuses for his inability to communicate effectively.

Tough choices eh? Pray for wisdom. Wish you luck!
Re: I Love Him Dearly, But He Is Not Educated. by olanajim(m): 5:37pm On Jan 02, 2009
@poster,
What does education mean to you? Why did you wait for 3 years before you realise that she had no degree? It is a pity you gave him a false hope all these while. Now, another man is about to cry.

There is nothing wrong in your choosing a graduate. But there everything wrong in your dating him for 3 good years.

Well, you must have seen something in him that kept you this long even though you know his deficiency. What is/are that qualies?
Re: I Love Him Dearly, But He Is Not Educated. by scottN(m): 5:47pm On Jan 02, 2009
Only an ignorant person is uneducated. So if he is willing 2 go back 2 sch then I don't c any problem.However I'm curious. Y did u hv 2 wait 4 3yrs b4 realizing this? Or did u just c d light? Or is it because he has finished funding ur education?
Re: I Love Him Dearly, But He Is Not Educated. by chei: 5:58pm On Jan 02, 2009
You have been dating him for three years, now u want 2 leave him because of education?
Re: I Love Him Dearly, But He Is Not Educated. by Patrick25(m): 6:16pm On Jan 02, 2009
Love is all that matters, if you truly love and you are always happy being with him at all times, if he makes you happy and he cares for you then i beleive nothing should stand in your way. The most important thing is that you love him
Re: I Love Him Dearly, But He Is Not Educated. by IBCE(f): 10:30pm On Jan 02, 2009
Tnx u'll, I trully appreciate ur contributions.
One way or the oda they'l help me out .
Please give out more comments if u ve.
Tnx again
Re: I Love Him Dearly, But He Is Not Educated. by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jan 02, 2009
its too late. if he isnt eloquent in english now he never will be.
Re: I Love Him Dearly, But He Is Not Educated. by martho(m): 10:48pm On Jan 02, 2009
IBCE:

Tnx u'll, I trully appreciate ur contributions.
One way or the oda they'l help me out .
Please give out more comments if u ve.
Tnx again
                                                                                                                                                                                        I  i I am surprise that u want more comments,where is  ur wisdom and sense of judgement?
Re: I Love Him Dearly, But He Is Not Educated. by Skidoc(m): 10:50pm On Jan 02, 2009
Are you posting from a phone? Otherwise, your English is not that good either.
Lol, just kidding. cheesy cheesy cheesy But type properly. Set a good example for the guy! wink wink
Re: I Love Him Dearly, But He Is Not Educated. by Nobody: 12:39am On Jan 03, 2009
i no fit shout
Re: I Love Him Dearly, But He Is Not Educated. by Charlesmud(m): 1:51am On Jan 03, 2009
Well love conquers all , but its logical to want a partner thats atleast a bit educated, haba, the house go dull now and you have to explain everything, I no want ooo

(1) (Reply)

Parasitic Friendship, How Do You Manage It? / Do "One Naira" Girls Exist? Or Is It Just A Fairytale? / I Am In A Dilemma...pls Advice Needed Urgently...pls Pls Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.