Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,038 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Cristiano Ronaldo Voted Best-ever Premier League Player - Ahead Of Thierry Henry - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cristiano Ronaldo Voted Best-ever Premier League Player - Ahead Of Thierry Henry (9209 Views)

Arsenal Agrees £6.8m For Henry Onyekuru / Paul Pogba And Thierry Henry Dab (Photos) / Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Voted Best-ever Premier League Player - Ahead Of Thierry Henry by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 6:30pm On Feb 07, 2015
babakol:
and I think you know skipping past players was Ronaldo's speciality at man united....I dare you to show me a clip of Henry skipping past just 3 players...I dare you
You are funny. It is now I know I am arguing with someone who does not know anything about Henry. Please, Thierry Henry did it week in week out.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Voted Best-ever Premier League Player - Ahead Of Thierry Henry by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 6:31pm On Feb 07, 2015
babakol:
lol ...talk of individual brilliance and pundits will tell u only 2 players stand tall in EPL..which are George best and ronaldo
Have you watched Best play to compare him to Igwe? Na wa. Imagine you asking for a clip of Henry skipping past three players. That says it all.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Voted Best-ever Premier League Player - Ahead Of Thierry Henry by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 6:33pm On Feb 07, 2015
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Voted Best-ever Premier League Player - Ahead Of Thierry Henry by babakol(m): 7:10pm On Feb 07, 2015
thegoodjoehunt3:
Have you watched Best play to compare him to Igwe? Na wa. Imagine you asking for a clip of Henry skipping past three players. That says it all.
and sir why don't you browse George best and watch his clips..... we're talking about a George best that makes every top 10 greatest footballers is all time list you're talking of Henry
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Voted Best-ever Premier League Player - Ahead Of Thierry Henry by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 8:54pm On Feb 07, 2015
babakol:
and sir why don't you browse George best and watch his clips..... we're talking about a George best that makes every top 10 greatest footballers is all time list you're talking of Henry
[b]Thierry Henry is one of the most underrated players ever to play the game and one of the greatest ever as far as I’m concerned.

In terms of pure goalscoring at the top level, Thierry is near on untouchable. He smashed Arsenal’s goalscoring record set by the great Ian Wright, and has won every major international honour going and every league title in every league he’s played in. He’s also won The Champions League, countless FA Cups, Copa del Reys, and even a UEFA Super Cup and Fifa World Club Cup to boot.

Added to that, he’s France’s all time top goalscorer, third in the list of all time Premier League goalscorers (only behind Alan Shearer and Andrew Cole) and the highest scoring foreigner to play in England. He’s also got a shed load of personal awards and accolades, and was voted the greatest foreign player ever to play in the Premier League.

And his goalscoring record for Arsenal is bordering on the unbelievable. His first season in England (the one where players need to “settle” into the league) he notched up 26 goals in all competitions. After that, he scored 22, 32, 32, 39, 30, 33 and 12 in the next 7 campaigns.[/b]
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Voted Best-ever Premier League Player - Ahead Of Thierry Henry by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 8:56pm On Feb 07, 2015
babakol:
We can debate Best for another. For now that is off the topic. As for the EPL. Thierry Henry is the greatest. CR7 who was voted the best only had three spectacular seasons.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Voted Best-ever Premier League Player - Ahead Of Thierry Henry by Nobody: 9:40pm On Feb 07, 2015
Just got paid by nairabet.

Wanna share my secrets on how I predict and win. Its so simple and easy anybody can do it. Visit the link on my signature and start earning every week without stress
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Voted Best-ever Premier League Player - Ahead Of Thierry Henry by babakol(m): 6:23am On Feb 08, 2015
thegoodjoehunt3:
[b]Thierry Henry is one of the most underrated players ever to play the game and one of the greatest ever as far as I’m concerned.

In terms of pure goalscoring at the top level, Thierry is near on untouchable. He smashed Arsenal’s goalscoring record set by the great Ian Wright, and has won every major international honour going and every league title in every league he’s played in. He’s also won The Champions League, countless FA Cups, Copa del Reys, and even a UEFA Super Cup and Fifa World Club Cup to boot.

Added to that, he’s France’s all time top goalscorer, third in the list of all time Premier League goalscorers (only behind Alan Shearer and Andrew Cole) and the highest scoring foreigner to play in England. He’s also got a shed load of personal awards and accolades, and was voted the greatest foreign player ever to play in the Premier League.

And his goalscoring record for Arsenal is bordering on the unbelievable. His first season in England (the one where players need to “settle” into the league) he notched up 26 goals in all competitions. After that, he scored 22, 32, 32, 39, 30, 33 and 12 in the next 7 campaigns.[/b]
and should I srart listing CR7's achievements in EPL?.....even within just 3 years he achieved more than Henry bro
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Voted Best-ever Premier League Player - Ahead Of Thierry Henry by babakol(m): 6:36am On Feb 08, 2015
Premier League : 2001–02 , 2003–04
FA Cup: 2001–02 , 2002–03 , 2004–05
FA Community Shield : 2002–03 , 2004–05...that's all Henry won in EPL

Premier League : 2006–07 , 2007–08 , 2008–09
FA Cup: 2003–04 ; Runner-up: 2004–05 , 2006–07
Football League Cup : 2005–06 , 2008–09
FA Community Shield : 2007
UEFA Champions League : 2007–08 ; Runner-up:
2008–09
UEFA Super Cup Runner-up: 2008
FIFA Club World Cup : 2008 and Ronaldo won this
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Voted Best-ever Premier League Player - Ahead Of Thierry Henry by babakol(m): 6:44am On Feb 08, 2015
PFA Players' Player of the Year: 2002–03 , 2003–04
PFA Team of the Year: 2000–01 , 2001–02 , 2002–03 ,
2003–04 , 2004–05 , 2005–06
FWA Footballer of the Year : 2002–03 , 2003–04 ,
2005–06
Premier League Golden Boot : 2001–02 , 2003–04 ,
2004–05 , 2005–06 .
Golden Boot Landmark Award 10 : 2004–05
Golden Boot Landmark Award 20 : 2004–05
Premier League Player of the Month : April 2000 ,
September 2002 , January 2004 , April 2004
Goal of the Season : 2002–03
That's all his individual awards ...remember he spent 10 years and was already matured when he arrived actually 22 years

and Ronaldo these,

Sir Matt Busby Player of the Year: 2003–04, 2006–07,
2007–08
PFA Premier League Team of the Year : 2005–06 ,
2006–07 , 2007–08 , 2008–09
PFA Young Player of the Year: 2006–07
PFA Players' Player of the Year: 2006–07 , 2007–08
FWA Footballer of the Year : 2006–07 , 2007–08
Barclays Player of the Year 2006–07 , 2007–08
Premier League Player of the Month : November 2006 ,
December 2006 , January 2008 , March 2008
ESM Team of the Year: 2006–07, 2007–08, 2010–11,
2011–12, 2012–13, 2013–14
Premier League Golden Boot : 2007–08.....
he spent just 6years and was just 18 years when he arrived
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Voted Best-ever Premier League Player - Ahead Of Thierry Henry by babakol(m): 6:50am On Feb 08, 2015
2003–2009 Manchester United 196apps and scored (84)

1999–2007 Arsenal 254 apps and scored (174)....and please I ain't saying ronaldo should have been voted the greatest cos he ain't the greatest.. Henry,Giggs, Cantona,shearer etc are the greatest....... but he's the Best talent to have graced EPL along with George Best
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Voted Best-ever Premier League Player - Ahead Of Thierry Henry by tuffgongjo(m): 8:50am On Feb 08, 2015
This must be a joke.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Voted Best-ever Premier League Player - Ahead Of Thierry Henry by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:45am On Feb 08, 2015
babakol:
and should I srart listing CR7's achievements in EPL?.....even within just 3 years he achieved more than Henry bro
I knew you were going to list awards. That is not what you use to judge who is better.

List goals and assists. Not awards.

Note, I agree CR7 is the best talent to play in the EPL. Sir Bobby Charlton said he is the best talent he saw wear the Man Utd jersey.

My point is not whether he is the best talent to play in the EPL. Is he the best player in the EPL? Did he achieve or perform better than Henry in the EPL? Total performance? No.

Henry reigned long and stood out longer than CR7.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Voted Best-ever Premier League Player - Ahead Of Thierry Henry by babakol(m): 11:51am On Feb 08, 2015
thegoodjoehunt3:
I knew you were going to list awards. That is not what you use to judge who is better.

List goals and assists. Not awards.

Note, I agree CR7 is the best talent to play in the EPL. Sir Bobby Charlton said he is the best talent he saw wear the Man Utd jersey.

My point is not whether he is the best talent to play in the EPL. Is he the best player in the EPL? Did he achieve or perform better than Henry in the EPL? Total performance? No.

Henry reigned long and stood out longer than CR7.
of course he reigned longer because he spent more years and was already a matured player when he arrived.....and talking about achievements... Henry doesn't even come close despite playing longer than him in EPL.....talking about who had the greater influence overall in EPL..I'd pick henry...but then Henry never reached Ronaldo's level of 2008-2009.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Voted Best-ever Premier League Player - Ahead Of Thierry Henry by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 12:06pm On Feb 08, 2015
babakol:
of course he reigned longer because he spent more years and was already a matured player when he arrived.....and talking about achievements... Henry doesn't even come close despite playing longer than him in EPL.....talking about who had the greater influence overall in EPL..I'd pick henry...but then Henry never reached Ronaldo's level of 2008-2009.
Is CR7 the best talent to play in the EPL? Yes. As I said, I am a strong CR7 fan.

Is he the greatest player of the EPL. No way is he?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Voted Best-ever Premier League Player - Ahead Of Thierry Henry by ameer2: 12:14pm On Feb 08, 2015
Well desrved cos he is d only player dat has won world best player playing in d epl.. I repeat the only player dat won world bst in the epl.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Voted Best-ever Premier League Player - Ahead Of Thierry Henry by babakol(m): 12:54pm On Feb 08, 2015
thegoodjoehunt3:
Is CR7 the best talent to play in the EPL? Yes. As I said, I am a strong CR7 fan.

Is he the greatest player of the EPL. No way is he?
I agree with that....He ain't the greatest.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Voted Best-ever Premier League Player - Ahead Of Thierry Henry by babakol(m): 1:22pm On Feb 08, 2015
Ronaldo effectively grew up
in England and had two seasons which I would say
were better than Henry's best. but Henry's longevity in the Premier League probably shades it for him. Henry was great, he really was, but he was in the Cantona, Giggs bracket, which is very good, but still some way short of Ronaldo/Messi level.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Voted Best-ever Premier League Player - Ahead Of Thierry Henry by maxwell530(m): 2:27am On Feb 09, 2015
ronaldo won ucl with man utd and henry won world cup with france,has ronaldo ever came close to world cup semis?NO!!!,to me henry has it.I can still remember that invincible season,wow!!!henry was like god in arsenal.IGWE I respect,coming from a die hard chelsea fan.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Voted Best-ever Premier League Player - Ahead Of Thierry Henry by maxwell530(m): 2:31am On Feb 09, 2015
One thing still dey surprise me oh,and I want to ask a question,is ronaldo greater than ryan giggs?a man that won 16 epl titles,3 ucl,1 fifa world club cup and not to talk of fa cups,community shieds and carlings.pls I need a good answer and no insults.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Voted Best-ever Premier League Player - Ahead Of Thierry Henry by babakol(m): 5:50am On Feb 09, 2015
maxwell530:
One thing still dey surprise me oh,and I want to ask a question,is ronaldo greater than ryan giggs?a man that won 16 epl titles,3 ucl,1 fifa world club cup and not to talk of fa cups,community shieds and carlings.pls I need a good answer and no insults.
ahn ahn ....bros 16 ke....Ferguson self no win 16...I think he won 12......if you're gonna use that logic then Puyol should be the greatest ever defender....but he ain't even in that discussion... it's not only about trophies.... at Man united Giggs may be greater, but overall giggs doesn't come close

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Voted Best-ever Premier League Player - Ahead Of Thierry Henry by babakol(m): 5:53am On Feb 09, 2015
maxwell530:
ronaldo won ucl with man utd and henry won world cup with france,has ronaldo ever came close to world cup semis?NO!!!,to me henry has it.I can still remember that invincible season,wow!!!henry was like god in arsenal.IGWE I respect,coming from a die hard chelsea fan.
we're talking about EPL not the world cup.....and I can still remember that 2008 season.. wow!.Ronaldo did things Henry couldn't do his whole career
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Voted Best-ever Premier League Player - Ahead Of Thierry Henry by dicksj93: 8:26am On Feb 09, 2015
babakol:
I agree with that....He ain't the greatest.
so y r u arguing since u equally believe he wasn't d greatest
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Voted Best-ever Premier League Player - Ahead Of Thierry Henry by dicksj93: 8:27am On Feb 09, 2015
babakol:
we're talking about EPL not the world cup.....and I can still remember that 2008 season.. wow!.Ronaldo did things Henry couldn't do his whole career
which was

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Voted Best-ever Premier League Player - Ahead Of Thierry Henry by babakol(m): 7:19pm On Feb 09, 2015
dicksj93:
so y r u arguing since u equally believe he wasn't d greatest
can u please go back and read the first page...I agree Henry is the greatest (still debatable).... but he ain't a better footballer than CR7 even while he was in EPL
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Voted Best-ever Premier League Player - Ahead Of Thierry Henry by dubylhover(m): 10:36pm On Feb 09, 2015
@good joe hunt,yu analyse football well,but youre a bit biased..if its goals youre talking that shud b used to judge,y isnt alan shearer that yu shud b talking about?hw many epl titles did henry win compared to ronaldo?mind you ronaldo was a balon d or winner in epl,d only winner in england..y didnt henry win it...henry is one of the gretest players in d epl,but ronaldo is simply the best
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Voted Best-ever Premier League Player - Ahead Of Thierry Henry by maxwell530(m): 10:41am On Feb 10, 2015
babakol:
what did ronaldo did in 2008?I can still remember that he lose his penalty,did ronaldo get more goals than henry in epl three seasons?let's leave this,henry is more than a striker to arsenal.if henry should have play under ferguson in those years,am sure he will get world best player,but he still shine under arsenal and even the only invincible of all time,did ronaldo get invicible?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Voted Best-ever Premier League Player - Ahead Of Thierry Henry by Krasid(m): 11:21am On Feb 10, 2015
Henry never won the UCL with Arsenal.He also didn't win the world's best player.Ronaldo remains the first and last player to win the world best player playing in the EPL.He also holds the record for most goals in a single EPL season.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Voted Best-ever Premier League Player - Ahead Of Thierry Henry by babakol(m): 8:40am On Feb 12, 2015
dicksj93:
which was
I'll pick just one....A ballon'd'or...any question?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Voted Best-ever Premier League Player - Ahead Of Thierry Henry by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 8:56am On Feb 12, 2015
Krasid:
Henry never won the UCL with Arsenal.He also didn't win the world's best player.Ronaldo remains the first and last player to win the world best player playing in the EPL.He also holds the record for most goals in a single EPL season.
Henry was actually the best player in the World in 2004. However, Ronaldinho was given the award despite Thierry Henry leading Arsenal to the invincible season. He also led Arsenal to the Champions League Final where they lost to The Rijkaard's Barca. No doubt CR7 was exceptional but Thierry Henry was exceptional and the star man of the EPL longer than any other player.

That is why he is the greatest. He reigned as the star player of the EPL longer than any other player.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Voted Best-ever Premier League Player - Ahead Of Thierry Henry by Krasid(m): 9:37am On Feb 12, 2015
thegoodjoehunt3:
Henry was actually the best player in the World in 2004. However, Ronaldinho was given the award despite Thierry Henry leading Arsenal to the invincible season. He also led Arsenal to the Champions League Final where they lost to The Rijkaard's Barca. No doubt CR7 was exceptional but Thierry Henry was exceptional and the star man of the EPL longer than any other player.

That is why he is the greatest. He reigned as the star player of the EPL longer than any other player.
Almost, almost, almost.Almost achieves nothing.
Did he win the UCL in a premier league team?NO
Did he win the world's best in a premier league team?NO
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Voted Best-ever Premier League Player - Ahead Of Thierry Henry by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:43am On Feb 12, 2015
Krasid:
Almost, almost, almost.Almost achieves nothing.
Did he win the UCL in a premier league team?NO
Did he win the world's best in a premier league team?NO
What is almost? I explained to you that he was clearly the World best in 2004. Ronaldinho was trophyless in 2004 but he was awarded the World best despite Henry's remarkable invincible season.

Also, CR7 won the World best no doubt. He was also the best player in the EPL for two seasons. Henry was the best for almost five seasons. CR7 is the best player to play in the EPL. But, he is not the best player of the EPL because his reign was short.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Are Your Expectations Of Super Eagles Against Elephants Of Ivory Coast? / Brazil Edge Peru To Lift Trophy On Home Soil / Some Football Memes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.