Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,653 members, 7,823,850 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

Uncollected Pvcs Belong To Dishonest Politicians –ex-speaker - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uncollected Pvcs Belong To Dishonest Politicians –ex-speaker (793 Views)

'Do Not Be Deceived,This Airline Killed My Wife & Kid':Ex-speaker Blasts Rochas( / Imo Assembly Workers Lock-out Corpse Of Ex-speaker Over Unpaid Salaries / Polls: Only Dishonest Politicians Need Fear Card Readers- The Sun Newspapers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uncollected Pvcs Belong To Dishonest Politicians –ex-speaker by Flye: 3:25pm On Feb 06, 2015
A former Deputy Speaker of the Oyo State House of Assembly, Mr. Femi Emmanuel, says the large number of uncollected Permanent Voter Cards nationwide may have been abandoned by unscrupulous politicians who wanted to use them for rigging.

He said dishonest politicians had, in the past, encouraged their followers to do multiple registrations with the aim of using the cards for multiple voting and rigging.

Emmanuel, who is now a Senior Pastor of Livingspring Chapel International, said, “There are many people whose PVCs have been ready but they have not gone to collect them. I will tell you why that is so.

“In politics, the way we have been playing it in Nigeria, it is political godfathers and political platforms that mobilise people for registration. Where I registered in the GRA, I know people who live around there but we saw miscreants coming for registration. We knew they didn’t live there because people who live there don’t look like them. They were mobilised to register. And that is what they do all over.

“In the previous elections where there was no biometric data, cards were collected by those who mobilised thugs to register. On the day of the election, they will give them to different people.

“What this means is the process of rigging elections begins at the point of registration. But now that there is biometric data, it is difficult for those who did multiple registrations to collect the cards. They therefore abandon them at Independent National Electoral Commission offices.”

On INEC tracing the defaulters and bringing them to book, Emmanuel said it would be difficult to trace the culprits, saying, “Even the addresses they would put down would be fictitious. These people, who I refer to as ghost voters, are lured with money because of the illiteracy and poverty in the land. Those cards are abandoned there forever because of the political antics and intrigues behind them.”

http://www.punchng.com/politics/uncollected-pvcs-belong-to-dishonest-politicians-ex-speaker/

Re: Uncollected Pvcs Belong To Dishonest Politicians –ex-speaker by Flye: 3:32pm On Feb 06, 2015
With my little experience about INEC registration, I believe majority of the PVCs belong to multiple registered voters, some don't even know the name they used to register again while some don't even know the polling unit where they registered again.

The truth is if they wait for a year, more than half of the cards will still remain. Unfortunately many hypocrite we have don't wanna say the truth and while others want to use that has a basis to prospone election or destabilise INEC.

3 Likes

Re: Uncollected Pvcs Belong To Dishonest Politicians –ex-speaker by Nobody: 3:41pm On Feb 06, 2015
The annoying thing is that when the APC were complaining about the distribution of PVC's some weeks back everybody kept quiet but now suddenly PDP sponsored protesters are suddenly saying they want election postponement just because they are afraid of seeing their boss goodluck jonathan loose at the election...whether they like it or not we nigerians will use our vote to kick their clueless master out from aso rock....just watch and see how some pdp dogs will open their smelling dustbin they call mouth to start saying rubbish as usual

1 Like

Re: Uncollected Pvcs Belong To Dishonest Politicians –ex-speaker by fitzmayowa: 4:02pm On Feb 06, 2015
Flye:
With my little experience about INEC registration, I believe majority of the PVCs belong to multiple registered voters, some don't even know the name they used to register again while some don't even know the polling unit where they registered again.

The truth is if they wait for a year, more than half of the cards will still remain. Unfortunately many hypocrite we have don't wanna say the truth and while others want to use that has a basis to prospone election or destabilise INEC.

GBAM!!!

So on point, we can't rule out the fact that some of the cards still with INEC are for those who registered more than once...

1 Like

Re: Uncollected Pvcs Belong To Dishonest Politicians –ex-speaker by TrishaP(f): 4:14pm On Feb 06, 2015
Thank God for technology.

Even at that, they can't be 100% reliable.
Re: Uncollected Pvcs Belong To Dishonest Politicians –ex-speaker by FastShipping: 4:19pm On Feb 06, 2015
I have said it many times that the non collected PVCs belong to those who registered more than once with the purpose to rig. The bio-metric method added to the data collection was a masterstroke by Jega.
Re: Uncollected Pvcs Belong To Dishonest Politicians –ex-speaker by FastShipping: 4:20pm On Feb 06, 2015
TrishaP:
Thank God for technology.

Even at that, they can't be 100% reliable.

They don't have to be 100% accurate. Even in the U.S, it is not 100% reliable.
Re: Uncollected Pvcs Belong To Dishonest Politicians –ex-speaker by organic973: 4:28pm On Feb 06, 2015
Truthfully....................!!!

(1) (Reply)

Who Fares Better? Nigerian Graduate And African American Graduate Compared / Mark Wants Bayelsa Auto Crash Victims Immortalized / Caption This Picture, Naija My Country.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.