Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,675 members, 7,837,492 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Jega Working With North To Install Buhari - Edwin Clark & Alex Akueme - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jega Working With North To Install Buhari - Edwin Clark & Alex Akueme (33776 Views)

An American Explains How Obama Helped Install Buhari - Video / Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan / I Will Support Buhari -- Edwin Clark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jega Working With North To Install Buhari - Edwin Clark & Alex Akueme by owobokiri(m): 8:50am On Feb 09, 2015
zimoni:

Thank you Sir. God Bless You.

But I wouldn't say at the detriment of Easterners rather the Yorubas.

Jonathan made Yorubas his number one enemies when he became President in 2011.

Obasanjo fought a lot of cabals from North to liberate South and ensure Jonah emerged, yet Jonah made these people his close allies.

I have said it here several times. Jonah tried all he could to please the Hausa-Fulanis, he gave them a lot of juicy appointments yet they are still working against him.

They can't be pleased, all they want is the Federal Fawar. All they want is to send Jonah back to Otueke.

My only worry now is that we have a lot of political leaders who are also working against Jonathan.

We have Oshiomole in Edo, Amaechi in Rivers, Okorocha in Imo and other SW Governors.

It could have been South vs North, if Jonah could win the entire South like he did in 2011(he only lost Osun State) and got some votes in MB, he would win the election.

But, too badt for us, now we have divided house in South. Too badt Jonah may lose this election. He shouldn't have fought with somebody like Obasanjo, this is the time he needs OBJ most to ensure he emerges again through do or die election. But he's offended the old man. He replaced all the PDP delegates from SW whom were all OBJ's candidates. Some of them left for APC. Why did he do that, why? Wetin konsain Jonah with whoever represents SW? Wetin konsain him nah? You don't divide your home when you have strong North to contend with.

Jonathan made a lot of mistakes, my instincts tells me Ahmed Gulak or whatever he calls himself was deliberately giving Jonah wrong advices just to ruin him.

Why make a northerner your NSA, Special Adviser on Political Affairs, INEC(he didn't see how OBJ installed Prof Iwu, an Easterner, who gave us do-or-die election which brought Jonah to power with Yaradua).

He shouldn't have appointed Jega in the first place. He wanted to be seen as a good guy who allows oppositions to thrive, now the opposition is about to consume him.

Jonathan has made a lot of mistakes, I pray he survives this tsunami. He would use his sense and do the needful if he emerged for the second term.

He surrounded himself with Hausa-Fulanis(he never learnt from late General Aguiyi-Ironsi), he gave them powerful positions, he tried to please them. Now they are about to send him back to Otueke.

There are lots of northern governors in PDP who are working towards Buhari's emergence as the president. Imagine that! They are working against their own political party. As far as they are concerned, it's about power returning to the north, nothing else matters.

I'm glad Military have come in. The election must be postponed and Jega should be threathened to resigned. Then a Yoruba or Igbo Prof should be appointed as the INEC chairman. A crazy Professor like Prof. Maurice Iwu(God Bless Gen Obasanjo wherever he is today) should be appointed from SW or SE. Prof Wale Omole can execute the job perfectly.

I've never trusted this Jega. I may not be bothered about North Central or North West, but how come 80percent voters have collected their PVCs in Yobe, Borno and Adamawa? How come? Who are the people collecting the cards? Na ghosts dey collect am?

Jonathan must do all he could to ensure he retains the power. It's high time we called their bluff. Let them do their worst. National Population Census and Renewal Of Major Oil Wells are taking place next year. Jonathan must be the President then.

Say no to Internal Colonialism.

Say no to Born To Rule.

Say no to Census Rigging.

President Goodluck Ebelemi Jonathan Must Win This Election And Rule Till 2019.

We shall hand over power to the northerners after we must have conducted free and fair population census(for the first time in the history of Nigeria) and give oil wells to the rightful owners in 2016.

Jonathan Till 2019. If They Don't Want Jonathan, Then We Go Our Separate Ways.

God Bless Nigeria.

Lobatan O Jarey.

I seldom pity any eastern/southern politician that surrounds himself/herself with core northern politicians/military officers all in a laughable bid to advertise his nationalistic/patriotic credentials. . On the contrary, such ignorant but dangerous approach to politics showcase in stark terms, an alarming misunderstanding/misreading of the political/religeous psyche of the average northerner. At the risk of generalising I have sinsce concluded that most northern muslims don't oppose a southern christian president because he is effective or not effective while in power. Those are secondary. Their opposition is premodially stimulated by base sentiments. It has always been that you are an unbeliever trying to rule the chosen "sons of god". . They easily remind you of the segregational political orientation of say the jehovah witnesses down south. In fact, in blunt terms, most core northerners tend to look at southeerners almost the same way jews look at arabs and vice verca. . Spending the better part of his first term trying to appease the unappeasable shows how elementary and alarminly pedestrian his understanding/reading of basic Nigerian politics is.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jega Working With North To Install Buhari - Edwin Clark & Alex Akueme by Chiaka(f): 9:19am On Feb 09, 2015
omenka:
These guys are on their own and they don't speak for me or my dog. Contrary to what they would have Nigerians believe, it has been Jonathan's die hard supporters and militants that have been threatening Nigeria as a country would cease to exist if Jonathan doesn't emerge winner of the election. We have told them time and again, we reserve the right to vote who we want to vote and no amount of intimidation or blackmail would make us change our minds.

Jonathan can go and be the president of Niger Delta for all we care.

I just find it very hard to believe that any man with the mind and heart of a human being would support the continuation of this indescribably corrupt and morally bankrupt presidency. I beats my imagination honestly.

Why do you attack words at the tail, they were simply responding to a statement made by Buhari saying

“If what happened in 2011 should again happen in 2015, by the grace of God, the dog and the baboon would all be soaked in blood.”

No well meaning leader would say such.

1 Like

Re: Jega Working With North To Install Buhari - Edwin Clark & Alex Akueme by naijaking1: 9:47am On Feb 09, 2015
mfm04622:

Can we at least think before writing or speaking in Public? What that foolish old man was talking about was the window that was opened for people that were not of voting age in 2011 but now at least 18 to register so that they can vote for next election. So of course most of the newly registered voters will be younger. The window was Nationwide. Are you telling me those in the South did not register? What arrant nonsense! Another nonsense is the false allegation of APC hacking INEC data. INEC data is NOT online! How do you hack an offline Server! Can we pls think a little! If it is true, why have they not charged ANYBODY to court on the issue!

Do you still think that an interested party , namely northern elders should be "donating" lap top computers to Jega, despite abundance of budgetary allowance for INEC?
INEC is for the whole nation, not just f or northerners?

2 Likes

Re: Jega Working With North To Install Buhari - Edwin Clark & Alex Akueme by neocortex: 10:56am On Feb 09, 2015
Raiders:
I am ashamed with leaders like South South leaders E.K Clark. Rather than support and encourage Prof Jega . they are busy tarnishing his image n the pages of newspaper. I don't think there is any grand conspiracy to victimize GEJ. The reason there is low PVC collection in the south is because there is very low voters apathy in the south compare to the north. In fact, I predict that there will be more voters turn out in the south than in the north. Most people I know in the south, including me, don't even plan on voting. Whats the point going to vote for the same corrupt leaders who don't really care about the people.

Also, I don't see any reason why the north should not have more polling center because they have more LGA, States and population than the south. Prof. Jega is trying his best to conduct election in Nigeria and I think all Nigerians should support him.

What is your evidence that the north is more populated than the South ?

1 Like

Re: Jega Working With North To Install Buhari - Edwin Clark & Alex Akueme by Remarkable: 12:05am On Feb 10, 2015
nduchucks:

There is strength in diversity - lets focus on that. I wouldn't want to live in a monolitic environment you alluded to above. I'd suggest you dump the idea of biafra and espouse our great country Nigeria. By the way, we already have One Nigeria and Insha Allahu, no one will succeed at breaking it up.

We are already broken up, my good friend, chukwuebuka.... if we were "one", a section of the country would not see the presidency's their birth-rite to be president and be taking all means possible, including taking advantage of killings! to become or run for president.

Well, maybe there is a middle line in between my one Nigeria dn what you view as one Nigeria, and my hope is that by God, we shall reach there.

1 Like

Re: Jega Working With North To Install Buhari - Edwin Clark & Alex Akueme by nduchucks: 12:15am On Feb 10, 2015
Remarkable:

We are already broken up, my good friend, chukwuebuka.... if we were "one", a section of the country would not see the presidency's their birth-rite to be president and be taking all means possible, including taking advantage of killings! to become or run for president.

Well, maybe there is a middle line in between my one Nigeria dn what you view as one Nigeria, and my hope is that by God, we shall reach there.

Calm down. As of now we are one nation from the perspective of Nigerians, the committee of nations, the UN etc etc. This division you are talking about is not a division of our sovereignty. Its actually OK to have different points of views. In a democracy, opposing points of views vie for superiority through lobbying, political maneuvering, and other means. At the end of the day we are one nation undet Allah.

By the way, it is Chukwunenye and not Chukwuebuka.
Re: Jega Working With North To Install Buhari - Edwin Clark & Alex Akueme by zimoni(f): 8:50am On Feb 10, 2015
owobokiri:

I seldom pity any eastern/southern politician that surrounds himself/herself with core northern politicians/military officers all in a laughable bid to advertise his nationalistic/patriotic credentials. . On the contrary, such ignorant but dangerous approach to politics showcase in stark terms, an alarming misunderstanding/misreading of the political/religeous psyche of the average northerner. At the risk of generalising I have sinsce concluded that most northern muslims don't oppose a southern christian president because he is effective or not effective while in power. Those are secondary. Their opposition is premodially stimulated by base sentiments. It has always been that you are an unbeliever trying to rule the chosen "sons of god". . They easily remind you of the segregational political orientation of say the jehovah witnesses down south. In fact, in blunt terms, most core northerners tend to look at southeerners almost the same way jews look at arabs and vice verca. . Spending the better part of his first term trying to appease the unappeasable shows how elementary and alarminly pedestrian his understanding/reading of basic Nigerian politics is.

True talk.

Word.

2 Likes

Re: Jega Working With North To Install Buhari - Edwin Clark & Alex Akueme by free13: 9:19am On Feb 10, 2015
owobokiri:

2 Likes

Re: Jega Working With North To Install Buhari - Edwin Clark & Alex Akueme by lyntiffany(f): 12:37pm On Feb 10, 2015
vandutchboy:
The same man that conducted election in 2011 and Goodluck Jonathan won is the same man these people are accusing. These election postponement advocates are brainless.
oh! that's where the word CHANGE comes in, Jega has simply CHANGED.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Aregbesola Climbs On Top Of A Bus At APC Osun Governorship Mega Rally (Photos) / Atiku Mourns Pastor Odukoya, Extends Condolences To His Family & Congregation / Man On Solidarity Trek To Honour Buhari , Declared Missing

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.