Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

We Won't Provide Security For February 14 Poll Unless Its Postponed - Military - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Won't Provide Security For February 14 Poll Unless Its Postponed - Military (46292 Views)

Lagos Police Rescinds Ban Decision, To Provide Security For Feb 6th Protest / Osun State Allocation For February Is N6M / Nigerians Will Be Disappointed If Buhari Wins Feb 14 Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Won't Provide Security For February 14 Poll Unless Its Postponed - Military by Purehuman(m): 8:47am On Feb 07, 2015
They said some pastors prophesy won't work and you see how the whole thing is turning out.

These military officers will be very charged when they finished defeating boko haram in the coming weeks. The sense of victory will give them the impetus to disrupt the government and everyone will be subjected to interim government.

The president thinks he is the only one with a plan, what he doesn't know is, the military are still itching for the old days.
Re: We Won't Provide Security For February 14 Poll Unless Its Postponed - Military by BlackTechnology: 8:48am On Feb 07, 2015
SirVee:
this propaganda won't move Nigeria forward! I am so shocked at the way Nigerians reason!

Produce and distribute the remaining PVCs grin

1 Like

Re: We Won't Provide Security For February 14 Poll Unless Its Postponed - Military by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:48am On Feb 07, 2015
maestroferddi:
You are not making sense at all.

APC wants to seize power at all cost irrespective of the safety Nigerians.

You guys conduct yourselves as if you are above the laws of the land.

Nigerians are not the fools you are taking them to be.
Did insurgency start today? Why is it that our military are now giving excuse?
Re: We Won't Provide Security For February 14 Poll Unless Its Postponed - Military by yetunsbay(m): 8:49am On Feb 07, 2015
kristisking:
APC have connived with INEC to rig the elections.This is a good decision from the army.APC have continue to insist on the Feb 14 date having favoured by INEC in the distribution of voters cards.If actually they are up to the tast,change of date won't be a problem to them,but they know that their shaddy deal with INEC will be exposed that's why they have continued to insist on the Feb.14 date.Elections in Nigeria have been holding between Match and April since 1999,why the hurry.Let INEC distribute all the voters cards to all eligible voters so that no one will be disenfrachised and whoever wins the elections knows that he merits it.APC stop crying foul.INEC should be given time to prepare.
just like as if it was APC that announced February 14th upfront
Re: We Won't Provide Security For February 14 Poll Unless Its Postponed - Military by BlackTechnology: 8:49am On Feb 07, 2015
Purehuman:
They said some pastors prophesy won't work and you see how the whole thing is turning out.

These military officers will be very charged when they finished defeating boko haram in the coming weeks. The sense of victory will give them the impetus to disrupt the government and everyone will be subjected to interim government.

The president thinks he is the only one with a plan, what he doesn't know is, the military are still itching for the old days.

Which military.?

You think Minimah will betray his brother

Guy wake up grin cool

1 Like

Re: We Won't Provide Security For February 14 Poll Unless Its Postponed - Military by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:51am On Feb 07, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Buhari stronghold has more PVCs than GEJ base, that's why they are insisting on Feb 14

Espn mrmetoo1

You see

We are not f o o ls cool

Do you have the number of registered voters in the north? In the north, where you have high concentration of self-employed people and peasant farmers, they easily go for their PVCs. This is unlike in the south.
Re: We Won't Provide Security For February 14 Poll Unless Its Postponed - Military by Nobody: 8:52am On Feb 07, 2015
NIG. IS A BAD JOKE!!! #CHANGE IS INEVITABLE!!!
Re: We Won't Provide Security For February 14 Poll Unless Its Postponed - Military by dokyOloye: 8:53am On Feb 07, 2015
Nutase:
Thats called bluff....arrant nonsense.
Is it not an anomaly that the military are providing security for elections. Their constitutional duty is to maintain the territorial integrity of Nigeria which they are trying to do now (we appreciate it) and not to provide security for elections. This is a clear sign that the military are beginning to overstep their boundaries.
Security for elections is the work of NSCDC and NPF.
some of d corpers that were killed in 2011 ran into police stations for protection but d mobs overwhelmed d police,dragged them out and killed them,do U want a repeat of that?

1 Like

Re: We Won't Provide Security For February 14 Poll Unless Its Postponed - Military by femliany(m): 8:55am On Feb 07, 2015
It is now obvious that GEJ is a dictator....
Nija military wey no fit return unarmed Chibok girls dey tell us say dem no fit guarantee security...na wah
Re: We Won't Provide Security For February 14 Poll Unless Its Postponed - Military by symbianDON(m): 8:56am On Feb 07, 2015
maestroferddi:
You are not making sense at all.

APC wants to seize power at all cost irrespective of the safety Nigerians.

You guys conduct yourselves as if you are above the laws of the land.

Nigerians are not the fools you are taking them to be.
I don't quite get what you mean sir. was it apc who fixed February 14 as election day? and again, I smell something sinister about the army. the way they have been partisan of late speaks volume. isn't it suspicious that the very idea of election postponement has always been muted and supported by sympathizers of the present government? the army mean to tell Nigerians that every soldier we have is right now in the troubled areas fighting insurgents? great! so what guarantee is there that if the election is shifted, those soldiers would have won the fight and be as at then available for election duties? every right thinking Nigerian can see right through the antics of the present government. I wish them well but also hope that when repercussions start to manifest themselves, Jonathan will also be ready to deal with that.
Re: We Won't Provide Security For February 14 Poll Unless Its Postponed - Military by ogene007: 8:56am On Feb 07, 2015
GEJ is the Chief Securuty Officer of the country who would be held responsible if female suicide bombers kill voters at the polling booths, and this same people will come out to blame it on the President. This was the same people who deliberately misadvised the president to initially treat BH with kid gloves, until BH grew into a full blown war. GEJ knows better now than to listen to the mischievous APC noise makers. The APC are jittery that GEJ is about to wipe out BH with the sensible support of neighboring countries of Chad, Niger and Cameroun, who themselves have realised that if they do not join hands with Nigeria, as it is been done in other parts of the world fighting terrorism, it would spread into their countries.

The APC feels that the BH who constitute the major plank of their political campaigning is about to be destroyed within the next few weeks, and that is why they want the elections to hold even with the logistics and security issues littered all over the place. Their APC rigging plans involve threatening GEJ's supporters in the north with violence, to the effect that a lot of them are relocating back to other parts of the country, while the northern Christians are being threatened with BH and other Hausa/Fulani extremist who are daily killing and maiming Christians in the north. Proper security will guarantee free and fair elections and GEJ will ensure that no elections will take place without proper security in order to prevent any form of rigging. A two months extension will not hurt anybody except those who are benefitting from the activities of Bokoharam. GEJ till 2019.

2 Likes

Re: We Won't Provide Security For February 14 Poll Unless Its Postponed - Military by Raiders: 8:58am On Feb 07, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Gbam

Imagine 19million PVCs yet to be produced

19Million PVCs mostly Southerners cool
stop lying about 19 million pvc not yet produce. All the PVCs are ready for collection according to Jega and you just stated you have collected your pvc too
Re: We Won't Provide Security For February 14 Poll Unless Its Postponed - Military by BlackTechnology: 8:59am On Feb 07, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Do you have the number of registered voters in the north? In the north, where you have high concentration of self-employed people and peasant farmers, they easily go for their PVCs. This is unlike in the south.

Guy 19million PVCs are yet to be produced let alone distributed

Tell Jega to produced and distribute all PVCs cool

1 Like

Re: We Won't Provide Security For February 14 Poll Unless Its Postponed - Military by BlackTechnology: 9:00am On Feb 07, 2015
Raiders:
stop lying about 19 million pvc not yet produce. All the PVCs are ready for collection according to Jega and you just stated you have collected your pvc too

Ignoramus

19Million are yet to be produced angry

1 Like

Re: We Won't Provide Security For February 14 Poll Unless Its Postponed - Military by Raiders: 9:02am On Feb 07, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Ignoramus

19Million are yet to be produced angry
can you quote a source or link to support your statement.
Re: We Won't Provide Security For February 14 Poll Unless Its Postponed - Military by hedonistic: 9:03am On Feb 07, 2015
I don't understand what the fuss is about, unless the APC has a sinister plan tied to that February 14 date that we are not aware of. Nobody is talking about postponing the May 29 handover date. As long as that date remains sacrosanct, elections can take place at any time before then so what gives? We can't accuse Jonathan of gaining anything by postponing the date of the election since it wouldn't add even an hour to his tenure. Why the noise?

1 Like

Re: We Won't Provide Security For February 14 Poll Unless Its Postponed - Military by dokyOloye: 9:04am On Feb 07, 2015
fyneboi79:
What a stewpid statement to make undecided Coming from someone who is supposedly intelligent.
U see why APC and their supporters are rightly called j.anjaweeds.Always abusive and violent in their words and acts.

1 Like

Re: We Won't Provide Security For February 14 Poll Unless Its Postponed - Military by hayatou27: 9:05am On Feb 07, 2015
luggy:
I realy like it. Buhari and so called Muslim APC will never see Asurock, because they want to islamise this country
you must be an illiterate. Islamize in what age?.go and see ur doctor
Re: We Won't Provide Security For February 14 Poll Unless Its Postponed - Military by mrmetoo1: 9:06am On Feb 07, 2015
cococandy:
yes that is me. Thank you.

Well I don't really see how that postponement is supposed to make any difference in the acceptability of any candidate. I'm sure most supporters of either parties already have their mind set on who they want. A few new jobs done now will not win anybody over to any side least likely the opposition who sees everything new as propaganda. That can't be his reason (if any) for wanting the election postponed.

If the allegations are true that some regions are being sidelined in the distribution of PVCs,then it makes sense for them to agitate for postponement. I would too if I live in a region where I've tried unsuccessfully to get my VC and can't . Who wants to be taken for a ride ?

Personally I'm indifferent to the issue of postponement or carrying on as scheduled.

I'm just confused as to why the opposition keeps saying it is a tactic by the ruling party to manipulate the elections when they can't even give a meaningful explanation of how that is 'supposed' to work in favor of the ruling party except of course somewhere deep down they(APC) believe truly that the regions supporting GEJ are being disenfranchised hence their call for the fast forward while the odd are still in their favor.

Here's the thing though, the way APC hasn't been clear about how it'll favor GEJ is the same way GEJ hasn't really given a consistent reason. On one hand, you hear its because of the NE, on the other your hear its because PVCs are not being distributed in the south. No one was pushing for postponement before now even though a lot of people were complaining about PVC collection. It was when it started coming from the presidency that efforts has been ramped up by different groups and individuals to push for this postponement. Election postponement should come as a last resort after every available option has been explored and I'm not convinced all options have been explored. Only APC states have declared a work free day to encourage collection, the FG hasn't even attempted this to see if it'll improve the numbers

What's funny also is even GEJ supporters on here dismissed the news when it first started making the rounds because it made it appear like GEJ was nervous. Some said it was a lie that no one wants postponement. All of a sudden, now that they know for sure the push for the postponement is coming from the president himself, they have all changed their tone. Perhaps they have realized that the election holding next week won't favor their candidate.

I can't give you any concrete proof but the truth is, I haven't seen a lot from this administration that'll make me trust their motives. Almost everything they do appears to serve their interest so I don't see this as any different. Again this is my opinion
Re: We Won't Provide Security For February 14 Poll Unless Its Postponed - Military by drey076(m): 9:08am On Feb 07, 2015
Pdp is playing around another civil war, the hausas are not dat foolish dont forget
Re: We Won't Provide Security For February 14 Poll Unless Its Postponed - Military by Nten: 9:11am On Feb 07, 2015
If the military calls for postponement because of security issues then INEC should do the needful. A lot of those soldiers are already engaged in active combat role in the NE with the combine effort of other coalition forces. And now that the soldiers are wining the war through massive aerial bombardment and agressive combing of the forest by ground troops, disengaging or withdrawing them for election purpose at the peak of this crisis may spell doom for us

1 Like

Re: We Won't Provide Security For February 14 Poll Unless Its Postponed - Military by ogene007: 9:13am On Feb 07, 2015
dodoniyi:

The security forces that have been compromised and debased. Enough number of people may not come out to vote because of fear of intimidation and accidental discharge from the military. Theis is just like, because of security breaches, military officers are the invilgilating WAEC students.....The students may not perform well as a resut of fear.

Let the police do their job....this is a democracy and if the police force cannot provide security again, let the force be scrapped so that we will know that the military are doing the jobs of two forces.
It is only the military that can prevent Buhari's foot soldiers from unleashing their usual violence against GEJ's supporters, and GEJ will have non of it. The President will have his way at the end of the day, as long as the may 29 handover date remains sacrosanct. The only thing Buhari and his APC noise makers can do is to continue their inconsequential noise making. GEJ till 2019.

1 Like

Re: We Won't Provide Security For February 14 Poll Unless Its Postponed - Military by jauntty: 9:14am On Feb 07, 2015
@Jaunty247: Nigeria may run into another constitutional crisis if @inecnigeria decide to postpone the elections." #ElectionMustHold #Nigeriadecides
Re: We Won't Provide Security For February 14 Poll Unless Its Postponed - Military by Nobody: 9:15am On Feb 07, 2015
Raiders:
can you quote a source or link to support your statement.

Hw won't reply you with any link. Just watch!
Re: We Won't Provide Security For February 14 Poll Unless Its Postponed - Military by mrmetoo1: 9:17am On Feb 07, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Buhari stronghold has more PVCs than GEJ base, that's why they are insisting on Feb 14

Espn mrmetoo1

You see

We are not f o o ls cool

Errrr but I thought they were pushing for postponement because of whats going on in the NE.
Re: We Won't Provide Security For February 14 Poll Unless Its Postponed - Military by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:19am On Feb 07, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Guy 19million PVCs are yet to be produced let alone distributed

Tell Jega to produced and distribute all PVCs cool
During the last election in 2011, some people that registered didn't get the TVCs, why the noise today over PVCs?
Re: We Won't Provide Security For February 14 Poll Unless Its Postponed - Military by jamesbawa(m): 9:20am On Feb 07, 2015
police nko?
Re: We Won't Provide Security For February 14 Poll Unless Its Postponed - Military by Raiders: 9:21am On Feb 07, 2015
ollah1:

Hw won't reply you with any link. Just watch!
you don't need to reply me because you have collected your pvc and your statement that 19 million PVCs are yet to be produced is a lie. Stop over heating the politics with statements that are not truth online because this is how rumor starts.
Re: We Won't Provide Security For February 14 Poll Unless Its Postponed - Military by ehis05(m): 9:21am On Feb 07, 2015
Who has the ultimate power to control d military...I thought it wz the president!! They wana rig dis election....so obvious
Re: We Won't Provide Security For February 14 Poll Unless Its Postponed - Military by Demdem(m): 9:22am On Feb 07, 2015
Military not needed in election security. Their is a court judgment already to that effect.
Elections must hold.
Re: We Won't Provide Security For February 14 Poll Unless Its Postponed - Military by MistadeRegal(m): 9:22am On Feb 07, 2015
kristisking:
APC have connived with INEC to rig the elections.This is a good decision from the army.APC have continue to insist on the Feb 14 date having favoured by INEC in the distribution of voters cards.If actually they are up to the tast,change of date won't be a problem to them,but they know that their shaddy deal with INEC will be exposed that's why they have continued to insist on the Feb.14 date.Elections in Nigeria have been holding between Match and April since 1999,why the hurry.Let INEC distribute all the voters cards to all eligible voters so that no one will be disenfrachised and whoever wins the elections knows that he merits it.APC stop crying foul.INEC should be given time to prepare.

Is it this "Match" or this "Match"....?

Re: We Won't Provide Security For February 14 Poll Unless Its Postponed - Military by Nobody: 9:27am On Feb 07, 2015
omenka:
Can we see what this president is doing?? Seun can you see the degree of desperation of the guy you support?? Can you see how far he would go to kill our democracy??

This is totally disgusting. I hate this guy more with every decision he makes.
did you read the article at allGEJ opinion was concise and accepted as far as i know...INEC as an independent body should decide else people like you would say mr president was infrigning on INEC space!try lead some people(even if na a few family members) then you go know how delicate some decision when you go make fit mare or make your reputation.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

How Kenneth Okonkwo Killed His Political Ambition. / IG Report Confirms that Politicians ordered Senate Seige / Njideka Odili: Peter Odili's Daughter Stuns In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.