Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,645 members, 7,820,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 (27476 Views)

Before And After London Vacation Pictures Of President Buhari / An Overview Of Cross River Garment Textile Factory (photos) / I Lost 6 International Jobs For Fighting Jonathan Government- Oby Ezekwesili (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by anonimi: 12:55pm On Feb 08, 2015
omenka:
These are the kind of stats you would never find on NOI polls. That fluffy cheeked crook is gonna join the rest of the bandits counting boxes in the ceiling in kirikiri few months after Buhari is sworn in.

Because NOI is a woman of high integrity unlike the drug money launderer of Thief'nuibu cabal who forfeited $460,000 to the US government for his crime

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1206437_2e8d204456ddaca651c21c258cad334b_jpg2c86cdb1543edff718fbaebc74f4b873

So much for the COUNTERFEIT change they are trying to sell us on 419 shocked

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by symbianDON(m): 12:56pm On Feb 08, 2015
Obiagelli:

Power generation was at 4000 megawatts as at 2007, today its still around 4500 megawatts despite spend close to $30 billion
yet some mischievous folks will come here to type n.on.sense about how they have been enjoying close to 24hrs daily supply of electricity. sometimes I just wonder what people hope to achieve by calling black white. imagine spending such huge sums and absolutely nothing has been achieved in 6yrs!!! may God forgive our leaders.
Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by shaqhead: 12:56pm On Feb 08, 2015
Obiagelli:

Other countries unemployment rate increase with their population? Where do you guys crawl out from?
Seriosly i tire! Wen i saw d fella's post, i olmost quoted d persin but i lookd 2 d ryt n saw "5 likes". I jst syd 2 myself dt i dnt hv "5 loaves n 2 fishes" 2 feed som 5000 ignorant folks! Thnks 4 showin up cz u came wt mo dan wat "i ddnt hv"-an atmosphere for miracles! I mean miracle brain replacement! Som folks mst comment on evry thread n mostly witout readn d post! Na wao

1 Like

Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by pld4reel(m): 12:57pm On Feb 08, 2015
LRNZH:
GEJ= FAIL

That should be included in Nigerian educational grading system.
Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by aslaaa: 12:58pm On Feb 08, 2015
Sometimes I read people comments and I have a course to weep for incoming generations. I listened to some religion leaders and some media houses who are portraying a black colour to looks white. We don't have magazine like 'news watch' and 'the Tell'of those days. If at all we have them we don't have investigative journalists any longer. Only what we have now is to pay BILION to church and media houses to sing for you.where is moral, where is fairness and justice ? Only one thing that I belive is That one day monkey will go to market and it will not return.

1 Like

Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by symbianDON(m): 12:58pm On Feb 08, 2015
anonimi:

Because NOI is a woman of high integrity unlike the drug money launderer of Thief'nuibu cabal who forfeited $460,000 to the US government for his crime
except integrity now has a new meaning. NOI smh vigorously
Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by goldman777: 1:00pm On Feb 08, 2015
I fear jonathan may suffer d same faith as his name sake in d bible saul,s son.I saw dis vision d very day he ws sworn in after yaradua,s demise
Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by Dscientist: 1:01pm On Feb 08, 2015
Good luck Jonathan regime is a TOTAL CELEBRATION
of failure in the area of economical development in Nigeria.
Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by Nobody: 1:02pm On Feb 08, 2015
Op honestly I am trying hard to understand the rubbish you posted there and all I can say is buhari even without a certificate is more intelligent than you.
Stop disgracing Osibanjo with a boring analysis of Nigerian economy.
Someone give this op a brain.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by Nobody: 1:05pm On Feb 08, 2015
watered:
I laugh at anyone that says GEJ is clueless. He postponed the election and those who have clues couldn't do anything...grin grin grin

GEJ u smart gan!
If you think Gej is the brain behind this postponement then you need to have your brain checked. He's surrounded by powerful personalities who are desperately hell bent in making sure that Gej retains power at in other avoid jail and to continue their loot and. Gej is a puppet in the hands of these personalities. They call the shot

1 Like

Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by OLADD: 1:05pm On Feb 08, 2015
Obiagelli:
I believe these are the key index in measuring national growth, other factors like education, security food security are not provided by the National Bureau of Statistics.
I want to beg seun to put this thread on the front page as he did with the buhari administration and you have promised severally that relevant threads will make front page too.

Counter arguments are highly welcomed.

Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy, Mukina2, ishilove

If those statistics are true amidst opposition-induced and re-invigorated insurgency which has seen large chunks of our Federal Budgets allocated to fight Boko haram, then President GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN (a good son of Otuoke, the husband of Mama Peace) must, I repeat, must rule this ogbonge Nigeria till 2019. In fact, if not for constitutional constraints, he should be there till 2023. Don't bother to qoute me because I won't waste my time replying any junk. Ok?

4 Likes

Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by emmyojo22(m): 1:06pm On Feb 08, 2015
arewafederation:
Another key sector which has experienced stagnation for the past 6 years is the power sector, which is key to industrialisation and development. Despite the unprecedented level of investment in this sector, and increase in electricity tariff, power generated continues to remain at an embarrassing 4000kw and less (this 4000 could even be attributed to Obj and Yar adua) over the years.

I ask: What has Jonathan achieved in the power sector for the over 5 years he has been in power? angry
I don't know about your local government but in my local government power supply has increased from 4hrs per day to at least 18hrs

1 Like

Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by anonimi: 1:07pm On Feb 08, 2015
Obiagelli:
POVERTY INDEX

2004 = 54.4 %

2010 = 61.2%

2011 = 71%

2014/13 = no figures yet

The National Bureau of Statistics on Monday said that 112.519 million Nigerians live in relative poverty conditions.

Apart from the relative poverty index, other poverty measurement standards are absolute measure, which puts the country’s poverty rate at 99.284 million or 60.9 per cent; the dollar per day measure, which puts the poverty rate at 61.2 per cent; and the subjective poverty measure,
which puts the poverty level at 93.9 per cent.

The 26-page report, which provides details of poverty and income distribution across the country, put the 2004 poverty measurement rate at 54.4 per cent.

The Statistician-General of the NBS, Dr. Yemi Kale, while unveiling the report, noted that the figure might increase to 71.5 per cent when the 2011 figure is computed.

www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/112-5-million-nigerians-live-in-poverty-nbs/

Why DUBIOUSLY refer to a report on 2011 poverty rate in 2015 i.e. at the beginning of this federal administration, which is a whole FOUR years ago shocked

Only SWINDLERS and 419 people do that, don't you agree

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2065934_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

3 Likes

Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by ceejayluv(m): 1:08pm On Feb 08, 2015
joseph1832:
What baffles me is that those shouting GEJ still sleep with electricity, the roads they take to work remains untarred and may remain so, they fetch water from their neighbors, they can't even afford to send their kids to government schools because they don't have the money. Yet they shout GEJ till 2019.

I guess this is what Fela described as "suffering and smiling".
Then what's the work of state and local govt officials if you expect GEJ to tar your "Appian way" to work?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by Dscientist: 1:14pm On Feb 08, 2015
3cycle:
Op honestly I am trying hard to understand the rubbish you posted there and all I can say is buhari even without a certificate is more intelligent than you.
Stop disgracing Osibanjo with a boring analysis of Nigerian economy.
Someone give this op a brain.

You don't need to go abusive to establish your point, if you have a better analysis of the economy just present it.
Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by anonimi: 1:14pm On Feb 08, 2015
Below is the bogus thread about the fake ranking web site that I referred to earlier.

https://www.nairaland.com/2069153/buhari-ranked-among-famous-u.s

Those who wish can revisit it for a memory refresh of the crude tactics that the Thief'nuibu cabal has engaged in since 2011 to befuddle our minds for their selfish gains.

1 Like

Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by joseph1832(m): 1:16pm On Feb 08, 2015
ceejayluv:

Then what's the work of state and local govt officials if you expect GEJ to tar your "Appian way" to work?
Oh you mean if the local and state government official are PDP right? Well its the same gross ineptitude and irresponsiveness we see everyday. That's why my "Appian way"to work remains untarred!.
Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by Nobody: 1:17pm On Feb 08, 2015
G=Good
E=Entry to
J=Jail
LRNZH:
GEJ= FAIL
Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by Bamss1: 1:17pm On Feb 08, 2015
transit4:
has the population not increased since den??
u should not av said anytin.
Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by jmaine: 1:23pm On Feb 08, 2015
well-done in trying to hide the fact that life expectancy actually increased under GEJ . . . .

2 Likes

Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by dennismukoro(m): 1:24pm On Feb 08, 2015
POINT OF CORRECTION PDP. IS NOT APC THAT NEED CHANGE. IS NIGERIA THAT WANT CHAANGE...............AFTER SCAMMING MORE THAN 500000 UNEMPLOYED GRADUATE. TELL UR PAYMASTER TO RETURN MY 1K OR HE DIE WITH IT
Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by popcykaylah(m): 1:24pm On Feb 08, 2015
Obiagelli:

Power generation was at 4000 megawatts as at 2007, today its still around 4500 megawatts despite spend close to $30 billion
which yeye 4000 megawatts?didn't you listen to the news last two weeks when they said it Nigeria has lost over 2000 megawatts and its due to little or no supply of gas and low water..smh so what do you do on nairaland if you don't see all these news?
Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by ceejayluv(m): 1:26pm On Feb 08, 2015
joseph1832:
Oh you mean if the local and state government official are PDP right? Well its the same gross ineptitude and irresponsiveness we see everyday. That's why my "Appian way"to work remains untarred!.
Your location on your profile is Lagos. I'll assume that's where you're residing now.. is that a PDP state.... Besides you blamed Jonathan directly for your abysmal street condition. Let's get real.

1 Like

Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by joseph1832(m): 1:27pm On Feb 08, 2015
ceejayluv:

Your location on your profile is Lagos. I'll assume that's where you're residing now.. is that a PDP state.... Besides you blamed Jonathan directly for your abysmal street condition. Let's get real.
On the contrary I did not! I said all those who support Jonathan... Don't twist my words bro.
Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by popcykaylah(m): 1:33pm On Feb 08, 2015
I'm not here to argue with anyone ...but Jonathan made us a promise in 2011..a better electricity, better roads and most of all improved economy..so far so good he has fixed some roads ..still no light ,economy is gradually crashing..for me without any sentiment ..he's failed! let's try someone else..and if that person fails we kick him and try someone else..Jonathan has failed us and we need a more active person..
Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by larrymoore(m): 1:33pm On Feb 08, 2015
: There's a chance GMB could be worse than GEJ. There is a chance GMB could be better than GEJ. But I doubt if GEJ will be better than GEJ.

1 Like

Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by Mega72(m): 1:43pm On Feb 08, 2015
It's only a fool blend persn tht will deniel or pretend that President GEJ has not added meaniful developments in Nigeria since he assumed office,tell me the so called world power country tht does not hve unemployments,have u asked urself how old they are and how old Nigeria democracy is?under 1 term am administraction brought back our dead rail system,send back almajiries to sch,broght back our health sector,more universities built,over 20,000 of our dead federal roods built,new airports,attrated investors to nigeria therby creating jobs,the biggest and best economy in africa,the destination of world investors,gave voice to our women,etc,then sombody will be talking that he has not done anything,even in his weakness and mistakes as a man,GEJ has done well and must be surpported for another 4years.

1 Like

Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by anonimi: 1:43pm On Feb 08, 2015
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2085409_hh_jpeg07b0e6e05a4624e7545331a83b844508

Below is the home page of the FAO quoted in the above tweet that can be easily VERIFIED by anyone interested:

http://www.fao.org/home/en/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by tben80(m): 1:50pm On Feb 08, 2015
People like Buhari can only be sworn in ur dreams "JOSEPH"

omenka:
These are the kind of stats you would never find on NOI polls. That fluffy cheeked crook is gonna join the rest of the bandits counting boxes in the ceiling in kirikiri few months after Buhari is sworn in.

3 Likes

Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by mollusco: 1:50pm On Feb 08, 2015
transit4:
has the population not increased since den??

Maybe not.

With the likes of OneNaira6 around, we can only hope that our girls are under a VERY tight leash.

The population has not increased.
Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by anonimi: 1:51pm On Feb 08, 2015
Mega72:
It's only a fool blend persn tht will deniel or pretend that President GEJ has not added meaniful developments in Nigeria since he assumed office,tell me the so called world power country tht does not hve unemployments,have u asked urself how old they are and how old Nigeria democracy is? under 1 term am administraction

- brought back our dead rail system,
- send back almajiries to sch,
- broght back our health sector,
- more universities built,
- over 20,000 of our dead federal roods built,
- new airports,
- attrated investors to nigeria
- therby creating jobs,
- the biggest and best economy in africa,
- the destination of world investors,
- gave voice to our women,etc,

then sombody will be talking that he has not done anything,even in his weakness and mistakes as a man,GEJ has done well and must be surpported for another 4years.

Thanks my dear fellow citizen.
Just as one concrete example of the steady progressive transformation we have seen in five years of Jonathan/Sambo =>

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2091025_106154724186465882929188403617808075555441n_jpeg6ebff12dcbebd8e787b1b417148984e9

1 Like

Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by Nobody: 1:53pm On Feb 08, 2015
Obiagelli:

no ma'am this your stats is wrong, during the obasanjo era, power generation averaged about 3200MW of electricity, and now it still average 4000 MWatz , it got to an all time high of 4516MW in the 1st quarter of 2012.... since then it has been averaging 4k MW .... I'm not for Jonathan, in fact I'm one of the vanguards for CHANGE... Buhari is a better candidate from all ramifications, Jonathan has failed us and betrayed the trust we had for him (as at 2011,when we rallied and massively supported), but that not withstanding I think portraying the real facts at all time helps, in not just the campaign but in massaging our reputation( just as u did on previous facts).... also need I add, we should also applause some efforts of Mr. President, like the innovations in agriculture sector, and the electronic fertiliser distribution scheme, some federal roads and railways, he should b credited for those..... but holistically he has failed Nigeria and Nigerians

Sai Buhari .... operation #marchbuharitoasorock# I am a proud member..... I can't wait..... All thesame well done op, nice job

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Throwback Photo Of UCH, Ibadan In Early 60s Shared By Ben Murray-Bruce / Peter Obi Replies El-rufai On Arise Tv Live Interview (video) / IPOB Crisis Deepens As Nnamdi Kanu's Family Fight Over Money, Bank Accounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.