Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,979 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 (27475 Views)

Before And After London Vacation Pictures Of President Buhari / An Overview Of Cross River Garment Textile Factory (photos) / I Lost 6 International Jobs For Fighting Jonathan Government- Oby Ezekwesili (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by jimmayoy: 7:27pm On Feb 08, 2015
obailala:
The figures are clear for all to see but the government keeps deceiving the masses with colourful economic indices like GDP growth rate and size of economy. Indices that have not affected the common man in any way as poverty keeps increasing and unemployment keeps increasing. The rich are getting richer and the poor and middle class getting poorer.

The reason behind this economic anomaly is simple, CORRUPTION!!! You cannot develop a country without paying a single attention to the prevailing astronomic corruption. Attempting to develop the country with the prevailing lootocracy is like attempting to fetch water with a basket.

There is economic growth today (there has always been) because Nigerian people are naturally hardworking and smart, not necessarily because of any government policy. But even with the economic growth, the wealth isnt spread because the rich steal the moneys and get richer while the poor gets poorer and oppressed. No one wants to be oppressed so Nigerians engage in all sorts of crimes just to make sure they fall on the greener side.

I have absolute confidence that if corruption is 'reduced' (not even eliminated), then the hard working spirit of the typical Nigerian will pay off greatly. I have absolute confidence that in a Buhari presidency, the corruption index will definitely be reduced, and that's all what Nigeria needs to get to the moon.

You can say that again,the whole truth,its a simple logic,the only reason we are supporting GMB.
Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by jaybee(f): 8:16pm On Feb 08, 2015
transit4:
has the population not increased since den??

blind ethnic bigot, this is percentage. not absolute figures. seems you are clueless like your clueless master gej.
Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by Nogen: 8:31pm On Feb 08, 2015
No more FEBUHARI, i guess its now MARCHUARI (mortuary) for illiterate Buhari and his supporters....rip
Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by Nobody: 8:44pm On Feb 08, 2015
Obiagelli:
POVERTY INDEX

2004 = 54.4 %

2010 = 61.2%

2011 = 71%

2014/13 = no figures yet

The National Bureau of Statistics on Monday said that
112.519 million Nigerians live in relative poverty conditions.

Apart from the relative poverty index, other poverty
measurement standards are absolute measure, which puts
the country’s poverty rate at 99.284 million or 60.9 per
cent; the dollar per day measure, which puts the poverty
rate at 61.2 per cent; and the subjective poverty measure,
which puts the poverty level at 93.9 per cent.

The 26-page report, which provides details of poverty and
income distribution across the country, put the 2004
poverty measurement rate at 54.4 per cent.

The Statistician-General of the NBS, Dr. Yemi Kale, while
unveiling the report, noted that the figure might increase to
71.5 per cent when the 2011 figure is computed.

www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/112-5-million-nigerians-live-in-poverty-nbs/
Thought they said over 70% of Nigerians lived on less than a dollar a day as far back as 2005, how come the poverty index you presented reads 54.4%
See http://www.unicef.org/wcaro/Countries_1320.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by smlafolabi(m): 10:13pm On Feb 08, 2015
Nice
Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by confidenceikeh: 7:50am On Feb 09, 2015
Gej till 2019
Obiagelli:
POVERTY INDEX

2004 = 54.4 %

2010 = 61.2%

2011 = 71%

2014/13 = no figures yet

The National Bureau of Statistics on Monday said that
112.519 million Nigerians live in relative poverty conditions.

Apart from the relative poverty index, other poverty
measurement standards are absolute measure, which puts
the country’s poverty rate at 99.284 million or 60.9 per
cent; the dollar per day measure, which puts the poverty
rate at 61.2 per cent; and the subjective poverty measure,
which puts the poverty level at 93.9 per cent.

The 26-page report, which provides details of poverty and
income distribution across the country, put the 2004
poverty measurement rate at 54.4 per cent.

The Statistician-General of the NBS, Dr. Yemi Kale, while
unveiling the report, noted that the figure might increase to
71.5 per cent when the 2011 figure is computed.

www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/112-5-million-nigerians-live-in-poverty-nbs/
Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by Dudeonyx: 7:51am On Feb 09, 2015
Please oh, there is something I've noticed and I'm tired of seeing. Why is it that instead of talking about the good points of the candidate we support we only speak evil of the opposition.

Now I'm not saying that those figures posted are lies although the poster neglected to include the source of those statistics, that is beside the point.

Please instead of Jonathan supporters badmouthing buhari and Buhari supporters badmouthing Jonathan, why can't they just speak on the good points of their candidates eh, convince me that he/she is worthy of my vote, because as at now I have no plans to engage in this farce we call "elections", my time would be better spent watching paint dry.

That said, I know some impatient illiterates will miss my point and label me an opposition supporter when I clearly stand on the middle ground where few to no bleeps are given.

1 Like

Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by Nobody: 11:22am On Feb 09, 2015
Dudeonyx:
Please oh, there is something I've noticed and I'm tired of seeing. Why is it that instead of talking about the good points of the candidate we support we only speak evil of the opposition.

Now I'm not saying that those figures posted are lies although the poster neglected to include the source of those statistics, that is beside the point.

Please instead of Jonathan supporters badmouthing buhari and Buhari supporters badmouthing Jonathan, why can't they just speak on the good points of their candidates eh, convince me that he/she is worthy of my vote, because as at now I have no plans to engage in this farce we call "elections", my time would be better spent watching paint dry.

That said, I know some impatient illiterates will miss my point and label me an opposition supporter when I clearly stand on the middle ground where few to no bleeps are given.
Really? You didn't see the links
Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by bizhub: 11:55am On Feb 09, 2015
So Some1 that doesn't know the name of his VP will fix it?

1 Like

Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by Nobody: 6:21pm On Feb 20, 2015
omenka:
[s]These are the kind of stats you would never find on NOI polls. That fluffy cheeked crook is gonna join the rest of the bandits counting boxes in the ceiling in kirikiri few months after Buhari is sworn in.[/s]

buhari will never be sworn in as president of this country, yu ye.
Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by FarmTech(m): 10:08pm On Feb 25, 2015
Remember it was Buhari that said that if GEJ wins, they will make the country ungovernable to him. Despite that plus the security challenge, GEJ is working: http://www.google.com/m?q=achievements%20of%20gej&client=ms-opera-mini&channel=new. Whatever you can use against GEJ can be traced to that statement Buhari made. GEJ is far better than opposition blood suckers.
Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by Nobody: 11:48pm On Mar 20, 2015
3cycle:
Op honestly I am trying hard to understand the rubbish you posted there and all I can say is buhari even without a certificate is more intelligent than you.
Stop disgracing Osibanjo with a boring analysis of Nigerian economy.
Someone give this op a brain.
What are you saying? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ekiti Executive Council Meets After Four Years / Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka / Buhari And Saraki Are Not On Speaking Terms - The Cable

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.