Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 (27467 Views)

Before And After London Vacation Pictures Of President Buhari / An Overview Of Cross River Garment Textile Factory (photos) / I Lost 6 International Jobs For Fighting Jonathan Government- Oby Ezekwesili (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by Nobody: 1:57pm On Feb 08, 2015
anonimi:

Why DUBIOUSLY refer to a report on 2011 poverty rate in 2015 i.e. at the beginning of this federal administration, which is a whole FOUR years ago shocked

Only SWINDLERS and 419 people do that, don't you agree

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2065934_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188
poverty level is still at about 71.9%
Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by Nobody: 1:57pm On Feb 08, 2015
anonimi:

Why DUBIOUSLY refer to a report on 2011 poverty rate in 2015 i.e. at the beginning of this federal administration, which is a whole FOUR years ago shocked

Only SWINDLERS and 419 people do that, don't you agree

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2065934_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188
poverty level is still at about 71.9% as at 2014

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by criminalmindz: 1:58pm On Feb 08, 2015
LRNZH:
GEJ= FAIL
THEN ALLOW HIM REPEAT THE CLASS NAU

1 Like

Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by criminalmindz: 2:00pm On Feb 08, 2015
LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES LIE LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES BY APC
Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by Nobody: 2:01pm On Feb 08, 2015
ceejayluv:

Daft!! Nigerian unemployment has NEVER been as low as 5.8% ... Tell another lie...
Did you see the graph? You have better stats
Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by criminalmindz: 2:02pm On Feb 08, 2015
GEJ IS WORKING

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by anonimi: 2:05pm On Feb 08, 2015
killerman47:
poverty level is still at about 71.9%

Kindly share your credible source please.
We go dey wait oh!
Thanks.

Meanwhile from the United Nations FAO, the World Bank etc we have this:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2085409_hh_jpeg07b0e6e05a4624e7545331a83b844508
Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by Nobody: 2:09pm On Feb 08, 2015
anonimi:

Thanks!

This is the type of MISINFORMATION that the Thief'nuibu cabal has embarked upon for the last four years in preparation for forcing their "expired" leader on us for their selfish reasons.

Just like most people somehow believe our pre-built ident has been there for six years.
How 2010 to 2015 became 6 is pure magic, nor be so

That is the power of persistent MISINFORMATION, well packaged!

Why are you going rabid all over this thread, provide your own stats
Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by justmenoni: 2:18pm On Feb 08, 2015
Someone asked if naija's population hasn't increased ever then and we are quick to critize the poster..well to me the poster might be right and yes population increases in other part of the world and this is visible because they have a proper statistics in place which actually counts the number of people unlike nigeria where our census isn't properly conducted,Nigerians give birth to lots of kids and you can't compare the oyinbos with us nd in nigeria everyone will rather work in Lagos,PH,KD,ABJ while in western countries no one actually think in tht direction,you will see people living in NY looking for a job in Carlifornia but the situation isnt that way in naija even before the boko haram situation alot of people(that i know and some that i have talked with) from the south-west will rather keep looking for a job in Lagos and will only(slim cases) take up a job in other parts of the south west oo talkless of going to the North or eastern part and they have many reasons for this some will tlel you they dont want to miss their families while others will say they enjoy the lifestlye in their present area...so do we blame gej for this as well? and one day during a lecture,our professor actually said soemthing like anyone getting unemployment benefits are not really counted as been unemployed because the money you received is counted as income..as far as i know we haven't had unemployment benefits in nigeria even before GEJ was born and to me i think the major problem causing unemployment in nigeria is because we dont have a regulated or standard salary...lets assume the government said the basic salary or standard salary is 50k per month irrespective of the kind of job you are doing(this happen in the western countries that we are comparing to interm of population) then people will start getting jobs and you dont need to worry about working in the banking,education or health sector the issue is that you get paid well as well.....so in conclusion Rise in population might mean rise in unemployment especially if there is no good plan in place,some sountries in europe(don't wanna mention names) are cutting down on their unemployment benefits instead they are telling their citizens to learn a trade or work and establish themself and then they can get benefits which will get them to work and everyone saying popluation doesnt matter,if truly it doesnt matter and you are comparing it with western countries then why do you think the UK is having lots of immigration issues with the EU?

4 Likes

Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by anonimi: 2:18pm On Feb 08, 2015
Obiagelli:

By your 5.8% unemployment rate in 2008 you are saying the out of every 100 working age Nigerian 94 of them were in gainful employment. Is that our reality just over six years ago?

To put what you have said into context, let us consider that in December 2008, the US unemployment rate was 7.2%.

[img]http://www.bls.gov/opub/ted/images/2009/jan/wk2/art02.gif[/img]

This means that out of every 100 employable American, 93 of them had a job.
Is that not believable for the US compared to the stats you quoted for Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by anonimi: 2:20pm On Feb 08, 2015
^^^^^^^^

Obiagelli:
Why are you going rabid all over this thread, provide your own stats

I just did.

1 Like

Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by Nobody: 2:27pm On Feb 08, 2015
killerman47:
no ma'am this your stats is wrong, during the obasanjo era, power generation averaged about 3200MW of electricity, and now it still average 4000 MWatz , it got to an all time high of 4516MW in the 1st quarter of 2012.... since then it has been averaging 4k MW .... I'm not for Jonathan, in fact I'm one of the vanguards for CHANGE... Buhari is a better candidate from all ramifications, Jonathan has failed us and betrayed the trust we had for him (as at 2011,when we rallied and massively supported), but that not withstanding I think portraying the real facts at all time helps, in not just the campaign but in massaging our reputation( just as u did on previous facts).... also need I add, we should also applause some efforts of Mr. President, like the innovations in agriculture sector, and the electronic fertiliser distribution scheme, some federal roads and railways, he should b credited for those..... but holistically he has failed Nigeria and Nigerians

Sai Buhari .... operation #marchbuharitoasorock# I am a proud member..... I can't wait..... All thesame well done op, nice job

By 2007 this figure had increased to just over 4000 megawatts per day despite all the daily sabotage that was going on throughout those years.

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/obasanjo-yar-adua-buhari-and-power-sector/88587/
Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by Nobody: 2:28pm On Feb 08, 2015
anonimi:

By your 5.8% unemployment rate in 2008 you are saying the out of every 100 working age Nigerian 94 of them were in gainful employment. Is that our reality just over six years ago?

To put what you have said into context, let us consider that in December 2008, the US unemployment rate was 7.2%.

[img]http://www.bls.gov/opub/ted/images/2009/jan/wk2/art02.gif[/img]

This means that out of every 100 employable American, 93 of them had a job.
Is that not believable for the US compared to the stats you quoted for Nigeria
The graph you posted is for which country?
Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by Nobody: 2:32pm On Feb 08, 2015
calebo101:
Economy Growth : GDP

2005 = 7% growth

2015 = 7% growth

From my little understanding of economics and mathematics. If GDP was 7% growth in 2005 and 7% growth in 2014, it does not mean retrogression or rather stagnancy.

I can explain it like if i have 50,000 Naira in 2004 and in 2005 i made 5000 Naira, that's a 10% increase.

Also if in 2014 i have 5,000,000 Naira and in 2015 i made 500,000 Naira, that's also a 10% increase.

So in essence there is a massive increase in the base price from 50 thousand Naira in 2004 to 5 million Naira in 2014 hence i would say i have profited and developed myself from 2005 to 2014. The economy is improving.!

I'm sorry if i do not come across clearly, Economics is not my field.
My argument was/is that the government has been claiming that our economy is now growing at 7% when in actual fact, it had been growing at that rate since 2004
Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by Nobody: 2:33pm On Feb 08, 2015
Obiagelli:
Economy Growth : GDP

2005 = 7% growth

2015 = 7% growth

The Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in Nigeria expanded
6.23 percent in the third quarter of 2014 over the same
quarter of the previous year. GDP Annual Growth Rate in
Nigeria averaged 6.14 Percent from 2005 until 2014,
reaching an all time high of 8.60 Percent in the fourth
quarter of 2010 and a record low of 3.46 Percent in the
first quarter of 2012.

www.tradingeconomics.com/nigeria/gdp-growth-annual

The government has been claiming that our economy is now growing at 7% when in actual fact, it had been growing at that rate since 20040
Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by ayomidegambari(m): 2:35pm On Feb 08, 2015
transit4:
has the population not increased since den??
ehn..shey people neva die since den?
Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by munex007(m): 2:44pm On Feb 08, 2015
He has spent more than 4 Trillion on security and yet they can't secure just 2weeks Election #Failure

As I was typing d word "clueless ', my keypad suggested GEJ as d next word. That's how far GEJ has degenerated

They tried to bury Buhari, but they didn't know he's a seed

#Marchoutgej
#March4Buhari
#SaiBuhari
Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by egobetatoday: 2:47pm On Feb 08, 2015
thats APCows headache. we dont have a better alt3rnative so we will still vote for him. if u like hug transformer

1 Like

Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by Nobody: 3:00pm On Feb 08, 2015
3cycle:
Op honestly I am trying hard to understand the rubbish you posted there and all I can say is buhari even without a certificate is more intelligent than you.
Stop disgracing Osibanjo with a boring analysis of Nigerian economy.
Someone give this op a brain.
I know an empty head when i see one.
Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by munex007(m): 3:01pm On Feb 08, 2015
Lol..Packaged lies

So your celebrating a 2% fall in Poverty level?

If this is what you call transformation and you should seize to be call a Human

You have been so obessed with Mediocrity and its really affecting your intellect

#March4Buhari

criminalmindz:
GEJ IS WORKING

Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by Nobody: 3:02pm On Feb 08, 2015
Dscientist:

You don't need to go abusive to establish your point, if you have a better analysis of the economy just present it.
Thats if he has a point to start with
Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by Nobody: 3:04pm On Feb 08, 2015
jmaine:
well-done in trying to hide the fact that life expectancy actually increased under GEJ . . . .
I will be glad if you can point that out, i only heard 2yrs increase in life expectancy on gej's campaign ad. I couldn't find a link.

1 Like

Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by dulux07(m): 3:16pm On Feb 08, 2015
I dont know y we cant argue like civilized pple, must we insult each other. GEJ has done very lil for 6yrs, no sentiments but dats d truth. Increase in fuel price, stil poor electricity n roads, high unemployment rate, corruption, insecurity e.t.c tho this tins ve been der b4 GEJ, but most of these probs has either gotten worse or stagnant. Honestly in reality i dont know how GEJ has positively influence masses, mayb someone can convince me.GEJ granted pardon to alameisiha, now the man wants to go for senatorial post.is dat how u fight corruption, naija youths were scammed by immigration personnels to the tune of over 500m.no one was sanctioned nor d money refunded, is that how you fight corruption. During the NGF election, it was quite obvious n glaring that amaechi won,yet GEJ favored d few oppositn,we all know how d story goes, it only shows dis man is not democratic

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by ceejayluv(m): 3:41pm On Feb 08, 2015
Obiagelli:

There are a whole Lotta pdf files to download and digest right here...

www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/nbslibrary/social-economic-statistics
Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by IyfeNamikaze(m): 3:44pm On Feb 08, 2015
popcykaylah:
I'm not here to argue with anyone ...but Jonathan made us a promise in 2011..a better electricity, better roads and most of all improved economy..so far so good he has fixed some roads ..still no light ,economy is gradually crashing..for me without any sentiment ..he's failed! let's try someone else..and if that person fails we kick him and try someone else..Jonathan has failed us and we need a more active person..

please can you highlight how the "economy is gradually crashing "?
Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by dulux07(m): 3:50pm On Feb 08, 2015
larrymoore:
: There's a chance GMB could be worse than GEJ. There is a chance GMB could be better than GEJ. But I doubt if GEJ will be better than GEJ.

He cant be worse, he knows nigerians are more interested in goverance onlike b4.so he would want to prove a point when he is in power n bsids pressure will be on him by APC members to perform better, cos d party would want to retain d presidential sit since its der first time.
Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by Nobody: 3:55pm On Feb 08, 2015
ceejayluv:

There are a whole Lotta pdf files to download and digest right here...

www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/nbslibrary/social-economic-statistics
A lot of them i have read but you don't rate a government by quarterly statistics. Like my thread read 2010 - 2015. Almost all my stats are from the NBS too.
Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by simdam500(m): 4:02pm On Feb 08, 2015
cry cry
Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by Trustyd1(m): 4:27pm On Feb 08, 2015
wakacome:
What I do ask jonathan supporters is that did goodluck jonathan fulfill the promises he made before the 2011 elections??some of them laugh and say NO. While some of them will go speechless or some will start blaming the opposition party for the failure of president jonathan ..but guess what they will now start trying to create an excuse for him..and the annoying thing is that goodluck jonathan himself will keep on saying he has transformed nigeria..if he has transformed nigeria then why the sudden fear on his part??I regret voting for him four years ago...
Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by fairheven: 4:59pm On Feb 08, 2015
criminalmindz:

THEN ALLOW HIM REPEAT THE CLASS NAU
Are you a learner?
Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by giles14(m): 5:43pm On Feb 08, 2015
Obiagelli:

Other countries unemployment rate increase with their population? Where do you guys crawl out from?
u dis Yoruba gal cut of d north, mostly NW n NE and u will c magic happening.
Re: Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 by fscream(m): 6:54pm On Feb 08, 2015
transit4:
has the population not increased since den??
Ignoramus! so other countries doing well av population shrink?
The index is measured using Gdp n population adjustment contemporaneously. Think b4 u comment or like even share. .
no offence intended

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Femi Adesina Denies Endorsing MMM / Buhari Receives His Second Dose Of COVID-19 Vaccine (Pictures) / 2023: It Is Unfair To Judge Us Based On Glitch In The Results Upload - INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.