Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,889 members, 7,852,002 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:23 AM

Why We Can’t Proceed With Election – Jega - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Can’t Proceed With Election – Jega (3312 Views)

PDP Accuses DSS Of Interfering With Election Tribunals / APC Woman Leader In Lagos West Allegedly Caught With Election Materials / Why We Can’t Proceed With Election – Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Can’t Proceed With Election – Jega by Nobody: 6:02pm On Feb 07, 2015
na wao
Re: Why We Can’t Proceed With Election – Jega by alaoeri: 6:02pm On Feb 07, 2015
It doesn't CHANGE the fact that Jona will be humiliated at the poll.
Re: Why We Can’t Proceed With Election – Jega by Rawani: 6:03pm On Feb 07, 2015
Jonathan is on a path to self-destruction, and he doesn't know it. This government will battle to regain the trust of Nigerians, and what is common knowledge is that truth always triumphs over deceit. The APC anticipated this move, it is the incumbency factor, and is well prepared. Jona is a Goner cool
Re: Why We Can’t Proceed With Election – Jega by Nobody: 6:03pm On Feb 07, 2015
Jonah plan has worked effectively. grin

Click like for GMB
Click share for GEJ.

4 Likes

Re: Why We Can’t Proceed With Election – Jega by appini: 6:06pm On Feb 07, 2015
Buhari wanted to splits the military before the elections which is the federal might, by increasing Boko Haram attacks in northeast few weeks before the elections.

I also noticed that he Buhari also opposed the joint military success against the insurgents recently.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Can’t Proceed With Election – Jega by jamex93(m): 6:07pm On Feb 07, 2015
jega can we proceed with val

2 Likes

Re: Why We Can’t Proceed With Election – Jega by SkyBlue1: 6:12pm On Feb 07, 2015
appini:
Buhari wanted to splits the military before the elections which is the federal might, by increasing Boko Haram attacks in northeast few weeks before the elections.
I also noticed that he Buhari also opposed the joint military success against the insurgents recently.

Read the same article and all I could see was a man lamenting that a whole "giant of africa" with an internationally recognised military could not deal with boko haram itself and had to be rescued by the likes of Chad and Niger and Cameroun. But I am not surprised you read the article and came to the conclusion YOU did, some people are just predisposed to bias and irrationality.

1 Like

Re: Why We Can’t Proceed With Election – Jega by Godfullsam(m): 6:22pm On Feb 07, 2015
As far as the hand over date is not postponed , #diarisnoproblem undecided.
Re: Why We Can’t Proceed With Election – Jega by Nobody: 6:23pm On Feb 07, 2015
Jonathan is successfully running down this country and some people are joyfully cheering him on.

Instigating the military to say they want to start boko haram operations 14th of Feb that has been dedicated for elections long before now.

I am hurt, seriously hurt and there is no hiding this. Not because the elections were postponed but because of the future of this country with some deluded, shortsighted greedy youths that are supporting this gross action against the development of democracy. If there is a revolution today, this set of persons will have to go with our leaders if there is to be sanity in this country.

No matter what happens though, I will do my part,correct the mistake of 2011 and vote Buhari. Do the right thing for this country and leave posterity to judge.

I hope and pray for a better Nigeria.

SaiBuhari

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Can’t Proceed With Election – Jega by frankyychiji(f): 6:28pm On Feb 07, 2015
edogirl2:
Forcing INEC to postpone the election is such a terrible thing for Mr Jonathan/PDP to do.

It damages his Presidency and ruins his legacy. Like people remember June 12, people will remember a President who, facing imminent defeat, forced the postponement of an election.

It is for people to decide who they want as their President. Saying you will never hand over power to a particular candidate, and in the process use every form of underhand action possible to deny millions of people their aspiration to choose a particular man as their leader is too bad.

Any victory by this President following postponement will be nothing but a pyrrhic victory. A false victory. A manipulated victory. A shallow, meaningless victory.
Cry some more!! grin grin
Re: Why We Can’t Proceed With Election – Jega by frankyychiji(f): 6:33pm On Feb 07, 2015
jayfolarin:
Jonathan is successfully running down this country and some people are joyfully cheering him on.

Instigating the military to say they want to start boko haram operations 14th of Feb that has been dedicated for elections long before now.

I am hurt, seriously hurt and there is no hiding this. Not because the elections were postponed but because of the future of this country with some deluded, shortsighted greedy youths that are supporting this gross action against the development of democracy. If there is a revolution today, this set of persons will have to go with our leaders if there is to be sanity in this country.

No matter what happens though, I will do my part,correct the mistake of 2011 and vote Buhari. Do the right thing for this country and leave posterity to judge.

I hope and pray for a better Nigeria.

SaiBuhari
Cry me a river Mr Folarin! grin grin
Re: Why We Can’t Proceed With Election – Jega by nationwide1(m): 6:40pm On Feb 07, 2015
SkyBlue1:

If you live in Nigeria, when last did your neighbourhood go up to a week with uninterrupted power? Keep thinking this is about Jonathan and Buhari, keep passionately defending a failing government in the misguided belief that you are "winning" some useless race to the bottom. Because this is what this is, a race to the bottom. Goodluck to you people who have to put up with a situation you have chosen to defend with all your heart and soul but still have the audacity to complain about. Twenty years from now you will still be complaining about no light and corruption and unemployment, but you will still be too stubborn to see the connection while shouting "Jonathan till 2050". What a hopeless lot
On a sincere note, Jonathan has failed Nigerians who gave him trust through their votes 4 years ago. I'm of the school of thoughts that Nigerians deserve better than they're offered in GEJ's government. But is Buhari the best tool through which Nigerians should have this much desired change? On a honest note, I doubt. If you ask me why, I'll answer with a question and that's 'what was / were Buhari's achievement(s) as the head of state? Obviously, war against indiscipline and that's all. So if we're to go by past achievements of Buhari as Nigerian leader, I don't see the messiah in him. He used almost 2 years to sentence people to jail without fair hearing and enforcing prices of commodities without fair consideration of economic realities. I don't count that as achievement but abuse of human rights. What about going for tested and trusted governors like Fashola, Donald Duke, Akpabio, Kwankwazo?
Re: Why We Can’t Proceed With Election – Jega by oshyno(m): 6:40pm On Feb 07, 2015
People shouting GEJ dis GEJ dat, shud our military leave chad and camaroun to be fighting alone.
Also wiill APC not scream blue murder if election is not held at Adamawa, borno and yobe.

Why do we always see things and conclude from our own perspective ,

Abeg shift d damn thing jorr.
Re: Why We Can’t Proceed With Election – Jega by simplemach(m): 6:42pm On Feb 07, 2015
Tallesty1:
Wickedgrincheesycheesycheesy
APC alert.
Re: Why We Can’t Proceed With Election – Jega by simplemach(m): 6:43pm On Feb 07, 2015
freemandela4:

#1 = $5 ! Bros wake up. Go and sweep outside its morning already.
bros, ur own sleep deep pass o.
Re: Why We Can’t Proceed With Election – Jega by apcmustwin(f): 6:49pm On Feb 07, 2015
The principal motives for the postponement
of the election by the PDP cabals and the
viruses within the presidency is to oust out
Jega whose tenure expires in a months
time,so that they ll put their own machinery
as the INEC boss cos Jega to them is anti-
PDP because he sets measures in place that
ll give little or no room to rigging.All those
holding Nigeria to ransome ll soon die a
disastrous death! It is decreed and it shall
come to pass IJN.Amen
Re: Why We Can’t Proceed With Election – Jega by Ariyke: 6:54pm On Feb 07, 2015
They are doing their selves more bad than good, schools were suppose to be open during election thereby not allowing some student to vote at home where they registered but by the time the election will eventually hold we will be home*talking about my sch*
Re: Why We Can’t Proceed With Election – Jega by SkyBlue1: 6:58pm On Feb 07, 2015
nationwide1:
On a sincere note, Jonathan has failed Nigerians who gave him trust through their votes 4 years ago. I'm of the school of thoughts that Nigerians deserve better than they're offered in GEJ's government. But is Buhari the best tool through which Nigerians should have this much desired change? On a honest note, I doubt. If you ask me why, I'll answer with a question and that's 'what was / were Buhari's achievement(s) as the head of state? Obviously, war against indiscipline and that's all. So if we're to go by past achievements of Buhari as Nigerian leader, I don't see the messiah in him. He used almost 2 years to sentence people to jail without fair hearing and enforcing prices of commodities without fair consideration of economic realities. I don't count that as achievement but abuse of human rights. What about going for tested and trusted governors like Fashola, Donald Duke, Akpabio, Kwankwazo?

I am sure Buhari's supporters would be happy to furnish you with his achievements, I am not the one to do that. I don't see the ideal candidate and panacea to all of Nigeria's problems in a Buhari candidacy, that is not what this is about for me. We have complained since 1999 and watched in undulations of hope and despair as successive PDP governments have bastadised and wasted the resources of this country consecutively and one after another. We have shouted corruption corruption corruption, and yet we keep on voting in the very party under whose stewardship all this has happened, why

Nigerians don't seem to understand a simple concept. Someone has failed you, voting him in again is another way of saying you are happy with the path taken please continue. In last election people said PDP is bad but Jonathan is different. Under his administration we have seen THE MOST WASTEFUL government we have ever recorded in our history. Buhari did not preside over oil selling at $100 and above, neither did he preside over the level of corruption scandals we have been assaulted with in the last 5 years and to a larger extent 15 years of PDP. Say what you will about Buhari but his anticorruption stance remains something of an attraction in the face of the audacious and crude impunity Nigerians have been insulted with in the past few years, and this was with a military government that didn't even have the checks and balances our democracy is meant to offer.

This to me is not a referendum on Buhari, it is a referendum on PDP and Jonathan, and no they are not different but one and the same and they have failed and have to go. Go and watch Jonathan's speech in Yenegoa Bayela, where he was addressing Alams, a convicted ex governor of the state who he pardoned, as his boss and saying Alams would always be his boss. That is the person meant to be fighting corruption for us.
Re: Why We Can’t Proceed With Election – Jega by Tallesty1(m): 7:01pm On Feb 07, 2015
simplemach:
APC alert.
What?
Re: Why We Can’t Proceed With Election – Jega by Vicotex(m): 7:58pm On Feb 07, 2015
SkyBlue1:

If you live in Nigeria, when last did your neighbourhood go up to a week with uninterrupted power? Keep thinking this is about Jonathan and Buhari, keep passionately defending a failing government in the misguided belief that you are "winning" some useless race to the bottom. Because this is what this is, a race to the bottom. Goodluck to you people who have to put up with a situation you have chosen to defend with all your heart and soul but still have the audacity to complain about. Twenty years from now you will still be complaining about no light and corruption and unemployment, but you will still be too stubborn to see the connection while shouting "Jonathan till 2050". What a hopeless lot

See this mumu o, since december I have steady power supply.

FYI I live in Eliozu, Port harcourt

1 Like

Re: Why We Can’t Proceed With Election – Jega by ogbronx(m): 8:37pm On Feb 07, 2015
If after everything Nigerians are witnessing with this gej led admin and you still think gej and PDP is what you want, then u might be almost insane or have the IQ of a snail. As I watch events and campaigns of both parties, I deduce that the PDP is banking on those who are gullible, ignorant and are bigots to win the election. Their campaign has been designed to catch these set of pple as they (PDP) believe that the majority of Nigerians belong to such group. I am yet to see any Intelligent and non thievery person who wants this admin to continue. GEJ is hardly appealing to the intelligent or morally upright.
Re: Why We Can’t Proceed With Election – Jega by SkyBlue1: 11:02pm On Feb 07, 2015
So it is official, election postponed . . .
Re: Why We Can’t Proceed With Election – Jega by Franzeez(m): 3:59am On Feb 08, 2015
SkyBlue1:

I don't claim Jonathan to be clueless because that would absolve him of complicity. He is corrupt and incompetent, not clueless. He knows what he is doing, and he is fast writing his name in the history of Nigeria as being the biggest disappointment the country have ever been unfortunate enough to stumble upon. That is simply what it is. And he came in with so much good will from the people. . . .

He has also written his name as past Head of State, try and write your name as past local govt chairman. Stay dere and be beefing a successful person

1 Like

Re: Why We Can’t Proceed With Election – Jega by SkyBlue1: 4:48am On Feb 10, 2015
Franzeez:

He has also written his name as past Head of State, try and write your name as past local govt chairman. Stay dere and be beefing a successful person

Have no interest in being Nigeria's president or a local government chariman but if I did I would stake my "success" on the foundations of a credible government and achievements that improve lives, not corruption. But I know that is difficult for people like you to understand, you probably see success as getting admission into secondary school and not the results you get when you are there, that is why it is so easy for you to class failures as success. I dare not think who your heroes in life are
Re: Why We Can’t Proceed With Election – Jega by Franzeez(m): 7:39am On Feb 10, 2015
SkyBlue1:

Have no interest in being Nigeria's president or a local government chariman but if I did I would stake my "success" on the foundations of a credible government and achievements that improve lives, not corruption. But I know that is difficult for people like you to understand, you probably see success as getting admission into secondary school and not the results you get when you are there, that is why it is so easy for you to class failures as success. I dare not think who your heroes in life are

Struggle to Make a name for yourself and your family and stop beefing a successful person who has made Name for himself and familyband is loved by millions of people. Both GEJ and GMB are highly successful fellow trying to achieve more success, they r not worth beefing for. They both vhave fame, money and followers. My advice is hustle for your own because na en matter, no dey fool yourself beefing

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tonyebarcanista Should Shut Up Henceforth. Ndoki's Are 100% Igbos... Fact Inside / Middle Belts Shades Arewa North And Sides The South East Igbo / PHOTOS: Bridge Collapse At Mokwa-jebba Road, Kwara State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.