Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,945 members, 7,835,140 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

Opinion: True Reasons GEJ/PDP Wants To Postpone Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: True Reasons GEJ/PDP Wants To Postpone Elections (1686 Views)

Real Reasons GEJ Sack Andrew Yakubu / 3 Possible Reasons GEJ Is On A Sacking Spree / New Plan To Postpone Elections Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: True Reasons GEJ/PDP Wants To Postpone Elections by rebranded(m): 7:28pm On Feb 07, 2015
It is shame where we have found ourselves today as a country and as a people. Where some elected people in power as a result of a democractic process will do anything to truncate that same democracy for selfish reasons just to remain in power.

Below are my thoughts on why GEJ/PDP are doing everything to have elections postponed.

1. This is the beginning of further postponement, we have been told the operation on Boko Haram will last at "least" 6 weeks. I laugh! Big lie!. After 6 weeks a new reason will be given maybe for another 2 weeks and till we end up installing an interim government and Jega is out of the way for a more "loyal" INEC head.

2. To give time for JEGA's removal. PDP believes JEGA is working with APC

3. To reduce the Febuhari Campaign and allow more PDP supporters get their PVCs (where in the world does elections get postponed so the ruling party can have its supporters ready).

4. The fear of a BUHARI Presidency. A lot of our so called leaders have not forgotten how Buhari dealt with corrupt govt officials they will do everything to prevent a chance of such happening again.

5. Waiting for Obanikoro to take up the Ministry of Defense portfolio again before elections are held

In a civilised society, the police are enough to conduct elections, but our so called "leaders" believe the Military must be involved to ensure the outcome they want.

Again this comes back to the selfish nature of only one man! At this rate will throw Nigeria into confusion and mayhem.. God forbid!

~Rebranded

8 Likes

Re: Opinion: True Reasons GEJ/PDP Wants To Postpone Elections by ladi02(m): 7:33pm On Feb 07, 2015
Well said my bro!

GBAM!

1 Like

Re: Opinion: True Reasons GEJ/PDP Wants To Postpone Elections by mizkeleke(f): 7:45pm On Feb 07, 2015
Ah smell lies everywhere.
Re: Opinion: True Reasons GEJ/PDP Wants To Postpone Elections by olayincar(m): 7:47pm On Feb 07, 2015
[quote author=rebranded post=30519671]It is shame where we have found ourselves today as a country and as a people. Where some elected people in power as a result of a democractic process will do anything to truncate that same democracy for selfish reasons just to remain in power.

Below are my thoughts on why GEJ/PDP are doing everything to have elections postponed.

1. This is the beginning of further postponement, we have been told the operation on Boko Haram will last 6 weeks. I laugh! Big lie!. After 6 weeks a new reason will be given maybe for another 2 weeks and till we end up installing an interim government and Jega is out of the way for a more "loyal" INEC head.

2. PDP believes JEGA is working with APC

3. To reduce the Febuhari Campaign and allow more PDP supporters get their PVCs (where in the world does elections get postponed so the ruling party can have its supporters ready).

4. The fear of a BUHARI Presidency. A lot of our so called leaders have not forgotten how Buhari dealt with corrupt govt officials and will do everything to prevent a chance of such happening again.

In a civilised society, the police are enough to conduct elections, but our so called "leaders" believe the Military must be involved to ensure the outcome they want.

Again this comes back to the selfish nature of only one man! At this rate will throw Nigeria into confusion and mayhem.. God forbid!

~Rebranded [/quote

Fact]
Re: Opinion: True Reasons GEJ/PDP Wants To Postpone Elections by tinkinjow: 7:48pm On Feb 07, 2015
4. The fear of a BUHARI Presidency. A lot of our so called leaders
have not forgotten how Buhari dealt with corrupt govt officials and
will do everything to prevent a chance of such happening again.

There's no rant that appears as insulting as this. If you are afraid of Buhari we are not afraid of him in my part of the world and this for your info isn't 1983 or a military regime. Even then we've gathered enough from reading that alot of people did stand up to him.

Stop the fear of Buhari rant.
I have even been informed that the only part he played then was making decrees to gag or kill people while Idiagbon was busy with positive reformation and social change.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: True Reasons GEJ/PDP Wants To Postpone Elections by elantraceey(f): 7:50pm On Feb 07, 2015
They just want more time to come up with something else.
Re: Opinion: True Reasons GEJ/PDP Wants To Postpone Elections by Nobody: 7:53pm On Feb 07, 2015
Op, you are not very far from the truth..
Re: Opinion: True Reasons GEJ/PDP Wants To Postpone Elections by papalnuncio: 8:06pm On Feb 07, 2015
another propaganda

1 Like

Re: Opinion: True Reasons GEJ/PDP Wants To Postpone Elections by Opinedecandid(m): 8:07pm On Feb 07, 2015
Nonsense post.

Let me warn u for the last time

Don't yarn this nonsense again!

1 Like

Re: Opinion: True Reasons GEJ/PDP Wants To Postpone Elections by JEITO: 8:13pm On Feb 07, 2015
Let me ask: is it only one party that will benefit from the postponement? Wouldn't all contesting parties have equal time to do further campaigns if need be?

From records, isn't it APC controlled states that have the least collection percentage? Doesn't it mean the postponement would favour APC more?

What month did previous elections hold?

My friend, if you know how elections turn out especially in the north, or if you've followed campaigns in some states, you'll know why we need military presence during the elections.

If voters will be civilised, then there won't be need for the military but you know that's not the case. The Military doesn't prevent anyone from voting. Neither do they snatch ballot boxes.

Truth is, APC might be gathering cult support, but PDP is still the party to beat because it has established structures in most if not all the states in the country.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: True Reasons GEJ/PDP Wants To Postpone Elections by kestolove95(m): 8:52pm On Feb 07, 2015
Election must hold
Re: Opinion: True Reasons GEJ/PDP Wants To Postpone Elections by soludo93(m): 9:09pm On Feb 07, 2015
OP, I thought that you have a reasonable argument to present. I didn't know this thrash was conjured to waste people's time on unconnected insinuations.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: True Reasons GEJ/PDP Wants To Postpone Elections by Blackfire(m): 9:17pm On Feb 07, 2015
i know a guy,his wife denied sex in the night, he came to the shop in the morning and blame jonathan

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: True Reasons GEJ/PDP Wants To Postpone Elections by paycash: 12:15am On Feb 08, 2015
rebranded:
It is shame where we have found ourselves today as a country and as a people. Where some elected people in power as a result of a democractic process will do anything to truncate that same democracy for selfish reasons just to remain in power.

1. This is the beginning of further postponement, we have been told the operation on Boko Haram will last 6 weeks. I laugh! Big lie!. After 6 weeks a new reason will be given maybe for another 2 weeks and till we end up installing an interim government and Jega is out of the way for a more "loyal" INEC head.

2. PDP believes JEGA is working with APC

4. The fear of a BUHARI Presidency. A lot of our so called leaders have not forgotten how Buhari dealt with corrupt govt officials and will do everything to prevent a chance of such happening again.

~Rebranded

Thanks
Re: Opinion: True Reasons GEJ/PDP Wants To Postpone Elections by rebranded(m): 8:46pm On Feb 08, 2015
The current Chief of Defense Staff said within 4months he would crush insurgency!

Its more than a year, now they want to do 6 weeks magic
Re: Opinion: True Reasons GEJ/PDP Wants To Postpone Elections by PhockPhockMan: 9:18pm On Feb 08, 2015
rebranded:
The current Chief of Defense Staff said within 4months he would crush insurgency!

Its more than a year, now they want to do 6 weeks magic
Are you still crying?
Sorry o o.

Re: Opinion: True Reasons GEJ/PDP Wants To Postpone Elections by AmucheJane(f): 9:39pm On Feb 08, 2015
Opinion indeed, nonsense.
Re: Opinion: True Reasons GEJ/PDP Wants To Postpone Elections by sammyj: 9:41pm On Feb 08, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Uduaghan's Education Story: How He Changed Delta Schools / Please What Happened To Barcanista? / Apc Still Leading Pdp As Election Collation Goes For Break

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.