Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,056 members, 7,821,630 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

After Jega's Announcement #March4Buhari Trends On Twitter - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / After Jega's Announcement #March4Buhari Trends On Twitter (32951 Views)

Jega's Announcement Of Presidential Election Results 2015: Part 4 / Live Pictures From The APC One Million March4Buhari / Pictures Of Our Valentine March4buhari Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Jega's Announcement #March4Buhari Trends On Twitter by dynamitee: 3:36pm On Feb 12, 2015
What is in Nigerian History? Biafran war? an Igbo man planned a coup. Hausas retaliated. Killing started. Is it only Igbos that have caused coups in the past? a few men do something dishonest, and you call their entire tribe useless

Half the people alive when these historic things happened are no more, but you are here, spewing tribalistic comments up and down, bringing your biased triabalistic views into an election that should have nothing to do with tribe.
It is Nairaland, not Yorubaland.

Your write up was offensive, triabalistic, discriminatory and totally uncalled for. It is no different from a white man saying all black men are criminals because world history has shown that we are always the ones committing crimes.

If there is one thing I have learnt, If a man does not want to see common sense, no matter how hard you try or whatever you say, your words will never make sense to him.

Forward thinking is not for the closed minded.

Enjoy your status as a "usefull" Yoruba man. Shey na only you and Hausas go go heaven abi na only una get Naija.

Read the comment up before every post, it says "Please don't make racist and tribalistic comments on this section"

Nuff said, I'm done with this pointless arguement.

FolarinLondon:

The entire write up is nothing but pure gibberish; All what you wrote up there made no sense.

Go and read Nigeria history in and out and come back here to dispute all the points raised in my write up instead of drooling over my post.

If your findings are contrary to my submission after reading Nigeria history, I ll gladly tender an unreserved apology

Re: After Jega's Announcement #March4Buhari Trends On Twitter by Nobody: 7:22pm On Feb 12, 2015
dynamitee:
What is in Nigerian History? Biafran war? an Igbo man planned a coup. Hausas retaliated. Killing started. Is it only Igbos that have caused coups in the past? a few men do something dishonest, and you call their entire tribe useless

Half the people alive when these historic things happened are no more, but you are here, spewing tribalistic comments up and down, bringing your biased triabalistic views into an election that should have nothing to do with tribe.
It is Nairaland, not Yorubaland.

Your write up was offensive, triabalistic, discriminatory and totally uncalled for. It is no different from a white man saying all black men are criminals because world history has shown that we are always the ones committing crimes.

If there is one thing I have learnt, If a man does not want to see common sense, no matter how hard you try or whatever you say, your words will never make sense to him.

Forward thinking is not for the closed minded.

Enjoy your status as a "usefull" Yoruba man. Shey na only you and Hausas go go heaven abi na only una get Naija.

Read the comment up before every post, it says "Please don't make racist and tribalistic comments on this section"

Nuff said, I'm done with this pointless arguement.

It's quite obvious to me now that you are opinionated person who needs to be avoided like a man with leprosy....

Nobody ask for your senseless advice or opinion in the first place, just keep your repulsive and bigoted opinion to yourself.

Do you know that a mad man always think he is more better and sane than sane people around him; I presumed you think you are making sense but in the midst of intellectuals, all your points are meaningless.
Re: After Jega's Announcement #March4Buhari Trends On Twitter by dynamitee: 12:13pm On Feb 13, 2015

Making tribalistic comments and calling it an intellectual argument. LWKMD!!!

An intellectual man would know better than to say Jonathan should not be our president for the next four years because igbos are useless and are the cause of all the bad things that have happened in Nigeria's history. You did not make your arguments with his actual flaws and faults, you went straight to his tribe (Jonathan is not even Igbo, he is Urhobo).

Nobody asked for your own opinion too. Its a public forum. As long as you comment on the subject of the thread and you obey the rules, you reserve the right to quote anybody you want.

Check my history, I never insult people that dont first of all insult me.

You are just blowing dust up and down. I called you out on your comments, defend your comments with facts instead of stomping your foot up and down like a spoilt 4 year old.

*Fact 1: You quoted someone who said people are wrongly choosing to vote Jonathan based on tribal sentiments (a point I agree with). However, your response in agreement with the author was tribalistic and insultive, calling Igbos a useless tribe and saying Yorubas are starting to share the hatred towards them that Hausa/fulanis have. Are igbos the only ones that vote along the lines of tribal sentiments?

*Fact 2: I called you out and said you should not make insultive tribalistic comments on a public forum because tribe is just one characteristic that defines a man.

*Fact 3: From there you started saying rubbish.

I am a person who prefers objectivity and tolerance for one's neighbour rather than prejudice against a person based on his race or tribe or some other characteristic that he has no control over. If that makes me opinionated, so be it. I will rather be an opinionated unifying force than a divisive tribalist.

See that I have editted your post below, i think you made those grammatical errors in anger.

Another comedic point, someone who claims to hate Igbos and thinks they are useless, calling another person a Bigot. grin Ironically comedic!

And to answer your question; Yes I know that a mad man always thinks he is better and saner than the people around him. That is the first thing you have said that has made sense, perhaps you should reflect on your own words.

I can't stand a person who dislikes another just because of his tribe; as such I am very happy that it is now clear to you that I should be avoided like a man with leprosy or whatever. Your efforts to stay out of my leprosy-infected radar will be greatly appreciated.

FolarinLondon:

It's quite obvious to me now that you are opinionated person who needs to be avoided like a man with leprosy....

Nobody askED for your senseless advice or opinion in the first place, just keep your repulsive and bigoted (big·ot
ˈbiɡət/: a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.)
opinion to yourself.

Do you know that a mad man always thinkS he is more better and saneR than sane people around him; I presumed you think you are making sense but in the midst of intellectuals, all your points are meaningless.

Re: After Jega's Announcement #March4Buhari Trends On Twitter by dynamitee: 1:09pm On Feb 13, 2015
I dont know enough to dispute your claims, and as such I will not try.

My point is still unchanged. For how many years did northerners rule Nigeria with iron fists If it was about tribe alone, I will take an Igbo man 10 times before an Hausa man, the North has had its fair chance to rule. If it was Donald Duke or some other southerner that was running for Presidency, i will probably prefer him to Buhari.

However, the reality of the matter is this, tribe should have very little to do with these elections.

Jonathan has had 4 years to do Nigeria proud and he has not. Instead, he has embarassed us repeatedly and continues to show indifference too the plight of the people he is supposed to lead. As such I will rather vote for a man who MAY be a good leader.

I am so scared of the level of corruption in this country; i don't bother to watch the news anymore because it is like watching a tale of heartbreak over and over again. I am worried that a time would come when I can no longer buy things on amazon because the value of the Naira to the dollar is beyond what I can afford. I am scared that as soon as Jonathan wins these elections, petrol pump price will go back to 97 naira and he will give one stupid excuse or the other. I am scared because right now, Nigeria has two presidential candidates and no leader and yet our president saw fit to postpone presidential elections to further his own agenda. I am scared because 200 girls alledgedly went missing and our president did not act like he gave a damn; my sister could have been one of them. I am worried because our president went on record to sympathise with Charlie Hebdo victims, when dozens died in baga in his own back yard and he did not say anything; as though French lives matter more than that of Nigerians.

The guy has been a disgrace for 6 years. No one is saying Buhari is an ideal candidate, but frankly, I think i will vote anyone as long as there is a chance that he will atleast halt the downward spiral that GEJ has thrown us into. Whether it furthers some parochial of sectarian interests somewhere is none of my business. The money they get from furthering their interests never cascades down to me.

i dont know who the King makers are in this country, I dont care. As for all the things you claim, some people definitely hate Jonathan because he is south-southern, just as some people only like him for the same reason. The same applies to Buhari and his northern background. If you want to make it a Yoruba problem, that's up to you.

Which politician in Nigeria does not try to further his own agenda? Which politician is not looking out for his own self interests? before he took office, my answer to that question would have been Goodluck Jonathan.

In Nigeria, our politicians are generally very self-serving. We have had corrupt Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba leaders, so no one tribe holds the monopoly on corruption. Jonathan's campaign strategy seems to be to highlight the tribal and religious differences among Nigerians. He is no messiah. the Fact is that if he had been a good president in the last 6 years, he would not have earned the title of being the most insulted leader in Nigerian History. And the Yoruba political class as you call them would not have so much ammunition to use against him.

That said, Oga, I will gladly have arguments in a civilized manner. But I have not called you Trite or insulted you in any way. Please extend the same courtesy.

rhymz:
hahahahh.... You sound very trite my dear. Which Yorubas trooped en mass to vote in 2011? Can you please put up the figures from the regions with regard to the 2011 presidential elections, I am not interested in overflolgged statements like yours about Yorubas fictitiously voting en mass for PDP in 2011, that's a lie. Here is a summary of the regional votes that won the elections for Jonathan, people lie figures don't lie.

according to the 2011 presidential elections,
majority of PDP votes came from
ABIA 1,175,984
AKWA-IBOM 1,165,629
ANAMBRA 1,145,169
DELTA 1,378,851
IMO 1,381,357
KADUNA 1,190,179
LAGOS 1,281,688
PLATEAU 1,029,865
RIVERS 1,817,762
and the regional vote for PDP was;
southwest 2,836417
southeast 4,985246
southsouth 6,014283
northwest 3,024797
northcentral+fct 3,376570
northeast 1, 498425

These are the stubborn facts, you can not spin this one like you lot do on SR.
I want to see how you explain the Yoruba voting en mass for Jonathan, like we all are kids that did not exist during that election or Yoruba people just like to arrogate some false sense of being king makers in this country to appear larger than life.

Like I said before, Yorubas are not known to vote for anyone with so much interest unless of course there is the possibility of the kind of concessions Buhari and the Northern political elite have promised. When it comes to politics, the Yoruba political class are opportunists, their kind of politics is the one that care more about Yoruba self interest than Nigeria's self interest that is the fact. Opposition to Jonathan from the SW region has little to do with his performance or the alleged corruption in his government as facts show otherwise, it has more to do with sectional, parochial political interests of its political class and the fact that they are using their control of the media to effectively unleash a well sustained propaganda against a government whose media arm is unfortunately mediocre . The one that exploits the North's thirst for power and disdain for a Jonathan coming from a minority tribe to assert power over Northerners. Nothing more. We are not new to Yoruba mode of politics, I just feel it is insulting when they try to make it look like they are doing everyone a favour by diving the south and using propaganda to rubbish this government.

Re: After Jega's Announcement #March4Buhari Trends On Twitter by NoreenUG(f): 9:32pm On Oct 05, 2016
See how these ignorant numbskulls marched themselves and their country into recession.

People get the type of leaders they deserve.

2 Likes

Re: After Jega's Announcement #March4Buhari Trends On Twitter by NoreenUG(f): 9:43pm On Oct 05, 2016
dynamitee:
I dont know enough to dispute your claims, and as such I will not try.

My point is still unchanged. For how many years did northerners rule Nigeria with iron fists If it was about tribe alone, I will take an Igbo man 10 times before an Hausa man, the North has had its fair chance to rule. If it was Donald Duke or some other southerner that was running for Presidency, i will probably prefer him to Buhari.

However, the reality of the matter is this, tribe should have very little to do with these elections.

Jonathan has had 4 years to do Nigeria proud and he has not. Instead, he has embarassed us repeatedly and continues to show indifference too the plight of the people he is supposed to lead. As such I will rather vote for a man who MAY be a good leader.

I am so scared of the level of corruption in this country; i don't bother to watch the news anymore because it is like watching a tale of heartbreak over and over again. I am worried that a time would come when I can no longer buy things on amazon because the value of the Naira to the dollar is beyond what I can afford. I am scared that as soon as Jonathan wins these elections, petrol pump price will go back to 97 naira and he will give one stupid excuse or the other. Nigerians.

At bolded? LAUGHING MY ASSS OFF!!!

Today, a dollar costs 492 Naira. And to make matters worse, international finance firms have calculated that the Naira is inflating at 0.5% PER DAY. And by their calculations, Naira is bound to hit 760 per dollar by Christmas!

And as for your previous fear about Jonathan taking the fuel back to 97 Naira per litre? Buhari has taken it to 145 now. I hope you are happy.

Nigerians really didn't know how good they had it under Jonathan.
God is teaching you a lesson now.

1 Like

Re: After Jega's Announcement #March4Buhari Trends On Twitter by Justiceleague1: 9:51pm On Oct 05, 2016
Dbboy:
You meant #MarchBuhari'sRetirement.
Re: After Jega's Announcement #March4Buhari Trends On Twitter by CowHard: 10:59pm On Oct 05, 2016
where are they now..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Supreme Court Strikes Out Sheriff's Motion, Rules In Favour Of Makarfi's Faction / Reno Omokri Takes Selfies At Lake-Tahoe (photos) / The State Of Commissioned Akwa-Ibom State Secretariat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.