Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,082 members, 7,825,411 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

How Many Bedroooms Can Fit In A Half Plot Of Land....lagos - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Many Bedroooms Can Fit In A Half Plot Of Land....lagos (117140 Views)

10 Great Building Designs That Can Fit Into A 50'x50' Plot Of Land. / Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu / How Many Self Contain Units Can Fit Into 60 By 120ft Plot? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Bedroooms Can Fit In A Half Plot Of Land....lagos by thebizkid: 5:47am On Feb 08, 2015
Hi guys please I need some help. I wanna know how many bedrooms one can fit in a half plot of land in Lagos. I'm trying to build a small house with at least 1 master bedroom and 2 bedrooms that will still leave me with a space in the front to park a car. Is this attainable?
Your input is highly anticipated and appreciated. Thanking you in advance.

1 Like

Re: How Many Bedroooms Can Fit In A Half Plot Of Land....lagos by sseunth(m): 7:17am On Feb 08, 2015
3bed room bungalow,......a master bedroom and 2 normal one.....2 bedroom bungalow....both will be master....in case u need a building contractor...u can contact me through whatsapp 07067431707 or through bbm...check my signature
Re: How Many Bedroooms Can Fit In A Half Plot Of Land....lagos by eghosajohnny: 10:56am On Feb 08, 2015
sseunth:
3bed room bungalow,......a master bedroom and 2 normal one.....2 bedroom bungalow....both will be master....in case u need a building contractor...u can contact me through whatsapp 07067431707 or through bbm...check my signature

3bdrm can enter the half plot or 2bdrm and below is a designed plan and the same time I'm a builder and would appreciate if I'm opportuned to work with you.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Many Bedroooms Can Fit In A Half Plot Of Land....lagos by sseunth(m): 11:18am On Feb 08, 2015
eghosajohnny:

3bdrm can enter the half plot or 2bdrm and below is a designed plan and the same time I'm a builder and would appreciate if I'm opportuned to work with you.

are u on whatsapp??
Re: How Many Bedroooms Can Fit In A Half Plot Of Land....lagos by Nobody: 11:47am On Feb 08, 2015
thebizkid:
Hi guys please I need some help. I wanna know how many bedrooms one can fit in a half plot of land in Lagos. I'm trying to build a small house with at least 1 master bedroom and 2 bedrooms that will still leave me with a space in the front to park a car. Is this attainable?
Your input is highly anticipated and appreciated. Thanking you in advance.

see the link to my thread

https://www.nairaland.com/1811288/build-standard-3bedroom-half-plot
Re: How Many Bedroooms Can Fit In A Half Plot Of Land....lagos by Nobody: 1:10pm On Feb 08, 2015
eghosajohnny:

Can you post a plan that has measurements?

Thanks.
Re: How Many Bedroooms Can Fit In A Half Plot Of Land....lagos by thebizkid: 3:44pm On Feb 08, 2015
eghosajohnny:

Thanks for the plan. what's the estimate for drawing up a plan for that size of house in general. I'll be calling you shortly so we can discuss this in details.
Re: How Many Bedroooms Can Fit In A Half Plot Of Land....lagos by eghosajohnny: 4:13pm On Feb 08, 2015
thebizkid:
eghosajohnny:

Thanks for the plan. what's the estimate for drawing up a plan for that size of house in general. I'll be calling you shortly so we can discuss this in details.

I will be expecting your call
Re: How Many Bedroooms Can Fit In A Half Plot Of Land....lagos by Nobody: 6:22pm On Feb 08, 2015
CityNG:

Can you post a plan that has measurements?

Thanks.

find screeshot of a three bedroom with measurements

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Bedroooms Can Fit In A Half Plot Of Land....lagos by Nobody: 6:48pm On Feb 08, 2015
segzy14:

find screeshot of a three bedroom with measurements

Thanks.

I'm trying to convince myself that 10' X 10' i snot too small for bedrooms.
Re: How Many Bedroooms Can Fit In A Half Plot Of Land....lagos by mufutau55(m): 8:58pm On Feb 08, 2015
CityNG:

Thanks.
I'm trying to convince myself that 10' X 10' i snot too small for bedrooms.

As for my standard, I think it's too small... I need at least 12'x12' but I will prefer like 14'x14'.
Do I have a close phobia? NO. I just like space.

Hajji M.
Re: How Many Bedroooms Can Fit In A Half Plot Of Land....lagos by Nobody: 9:28pm On Feb 08, 2015
mufutau55:

As for my standard, I think it's too small... I need at least 12'x12' but I will prefer like 14'x14'.
Do I have a close phobia? NO. I just like space.

Hajji M.

I hear you.

Those rooms are the two childrens and one guest room. The master suite is in itself 42' X 12' = 504 square feet.

I don't want to make the children too comfortbale so they'll think of staying put grin

I think I will adjust to 12' X 12', it will just eat into the remaining shoulder room with the neighbors because I still intend to keep the 12' X 30' indoor courtyard.

PS: I respect your standard.
Re: How Many Bedroooms Can Fit In A Half Plot Of Land....lagos by mufutau55(m): 9:40pm On Feb 08, 2015
CityNG:

I hear you.
Those rooms are the two childrens and one guest room. The master suite is in itself 42' X 12' = 504 square feet.
I don't want to make the children too comfortbale so they'll think of staying put grin
I think I will adjust to 12' X 12', it will just eat into the remaining shoulder room with the neighbors because I still intend to keep the 12' X 30' indoor courtyard.
PS: I respect your standard.

For Visitors and Kids room I don't think that size is bad...
Note: The 10x10 are not gonna run out those kids.... nothing runs them out until they are ready.. or some girl come snatch them.
I've got some experience in that area.. smiley

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Bedroooms Can Fit In A Half Plot Of Land....lagos by Nobody: 10:12pm On Feb 08, 2015
mufutau55:

For Visitors and Kids room I don't think that size is bad...
Note: The 10x10 are not gonna run out those kids.... nothing runs them out until they are ready .. or some girl come snatch them.
I've got some experience in that area.. smiley

Hajji M.

Duly noted cheesy
Re: How Many Bedroooms Can Fit In A Half Plot Of Land....lagos by abdulwastecx(m): 3:11am On Feb 09, 2015
this small two bedroom flat will be great on a 15m x 15m plot

1 Like

Re: How Many Bedroooms Can Fit In A Half Plot Of Land....lagos by thebizkid: 5:45pm On Feb 09, 2015
abdulwastecx:

Thank you.
Re: How Many Bedroooms Can Fit In A Half Plot Of Land....lagos by Kharez: 4:51pm On Nov 13, 2015
At Mr. Abdul, how much will it cost me to build this house (2 bedroom bungalow). Thanks sir.
Re: How Many Bedroooms Can Fit In A Half Plot Of Land....lagos by eghosajohnny: 6:20pm On Nov 13, 2015
Kharez:
At Mr. Abdul, how much will it cost me to build this house (2 bedroom bungalow). Thanks sir.

Sir where's the location or call for more

Number above
Re: How Many Bedroooms Can Fit In A Half Plot Of Land....lagos by Kharez: 9:54am On Nov 14, 2015
abdulwastecx:

How how much will it take to build this house. The location is at Lagos, Agbara. Thank you sir
Re: How Many Bedroooms Can Fit In A Half Plot Of Land....lagos by Kharez: 5:02pm On Nov 17, 2015
abdulwastecx:

Pls Mr. Abdulwastecx, help me with the estimate, I need it very urgent sir. Thank you.
Re: How Many Bedroooms Can Fit In A Half Plot Of Land....lagos by abdulwastecx(m): 4:35pm On Nov 18, 2015
Kharez:

Pls Mr. Abdulwastecx, help me with the estimate, I need it very urgent sir. Thank you.

Assuming a solid soil of bearing capacity above 150kN/m2

Assuming water level is below 2m
The following estimate should work well

Foundation:
Setting out : N20,000

Excavation of foundation with a linear measurement of 81m and Excavation rate of N600/m = N 48,600

Strip foundation of about 150mm to 225mm thick, you will need about N50bags of cement, 15tonnes of gravel and 3trips of sand. = N240,000

Foundation block wall, about 1000 blocks of 9'' block, 20bags of cement for mortar and 2trip of sharp sand = N265,000

Filling depend on site conditions... Wise thing to do is to dig your soak away and septic tank then use the sand to fill the foundation.

Dpc of about 1000mm (4'') and a mix ratio of 1:3:6
About 60bags of cement, 15tonnes of gravel and 3trips of sand = N250,000

1 Like

Re: How Many Bedroooms Can Fit In A Half Plot Of Land....lagos by abdulwastecx(m): 4:55pm On Nov 18, 2015
Kharez:

From foundation to roof level

Block work of about 1,800blocks, 50bags of cement and 5trip of sharp sand= N N500,000
Lintel, head beam = N250,000
Re: How Many Bedroooms Can Fit In A Half Plot Of Land....lagos by karleone(m): 9:16pm On Nov 18, 2015
abdulwastecx:

Foundation:

Excavation of foundation with a linear measurement of 81m and Excavation rate of N600/m = N 48,600

Strip foundation of about 150mm to 225mm thick, you will need about N50bags of cement, 15tonnes of gravel and 3trips of sand. = N240,000

Foundation block wall, about 1000 blocks of 9'' block, 20bags of cement for mortar and 2trip of sharp sand = N265,000

Filling depend on site conditions... Wise thing to do is to dig your soak away and septic tank then use the sand to fill the foundation.

Excavations are charged based on partitions not meters (1 partition is 3.6m (12 feet)). It might depend on location o. For the DPC, 4" is 100mm not 1000mm.

Don't take the correction personal o. Just want to make things clear. I enjoyed your explanations and I learnt something from it. Hoping to work with you someday.

How can I determine bags of cement and quantity of fine aggregate (sand) and coarse aggregate (gravel) to use for a 15m*10m*0.15m concrete oversite (ground floor). Please show working if it's calculated.
Re: How Many Bedroooms Can Fit In A Half Plot Of Land....lagos by abdulwastecx(m): 10:43pm On Nov 18, 2015
karleone:

Excavations are charged based on partitions not meters (1 partition is 3.6m (12 feet)). It might depend on location o. For the DPC, 4" is 100mm not 1000mm.

Don't take the correction personal o. Just want to make things clear. I enjoyed your explanations and I learnt something from it. Hoping to work with you someday.

How can I determine bags of cement and quantity of fine aggregate (sand) and coarse aggregate (gravel) to use for a 15m*10m*0.15m concrete oversite (ground floor). Please show working if it's calculated.

I don't charge my excavation based on 12ft (3.6m). I charge per meter run.

1000mm is obviously a topographical error thanks
Re: How Many Bedroooms Can Fit In A Half Plot Of Land....lagos by karleone(m): 11:03pm On Nov 18, 2015
abdulwastecx:

I don't charge my excavation based on 12ft (3.6m). I charge per meter run.

1000mm is obviously a topographical error thanks

Ok.

Are you based in Lagos? I can combine with you if you don't mind. I'm a graduate Civil/Structural Engineer with little experience.
Re: How Many Bedroooms Can Fit In A Half Plot Of Land....lagos by abdulwastecx(m): 10:24am On Nov 19, 2015
karleone:

Ok.

Are you based in Lagos? I can combine with you if you don't mind. I'm a graduate Civil/Structural Engineer with little experience.

I am not in based in Lagos.. Thanks
Re: How Many Bedroooms Can Fit In A Half Plot Of Land....lagos by Kharez: 11:15am On Nov 19, 2015
abdulwastecx:

Foundation:

Thank you sir, pls sir can u email me ur number kharezfragrances@gmail.com
Re: How Many Bedroooms Can Fit In A Half Plot Of Land....lagos by abdulwastecx(m): 5:47pm On Nov 20, 2015
Kharez:

Thank you sir, pls sir can u email me ur number kharezfragrances@gmail.com

I will give you my number here : 08169492682
Re: How Many Bedroooms Can Fit In A Half Plot Of Land....lagos by nijerd: 12:47pm On Dec 29, 2015
Hello sir,

I have been reading your thread, and also want to benefit from your experience. Is it okay if I call you on this line too?
Re: How Many Bedroooms Can Fit In A Half Plot Of Land....lagos by fabulous85: 5:15am On Jul 01, 2016
nice
Re: How Many Bedroooms Can Fit In A Half Plot Of Land....lagos by tosinbimbo: 8:06am On Jul 01, 2016
Gudam gentlemen/ladies in d house,I have been following d thread with keen interest. And if u don't mind will like to make some comments and advice.1. I believe with little ecperience dt one can't make a drawing without knowing d measurment of d prosposed land. Dis will know enable d archt draw up a befitting drawing.I.e is d land 30 X120, 60 X60 or wat? 2. One can't give a Quotation when u haven't been to d site. What is d terrain like?is it swampy,rocky,etc?. 3. D most important,what is d desire of d owner?does he want a nice building or just to have a building? Well,its just my little. Am also a builder and if given the opportunity,u will never regret.08052015611,08098544363 Engr. Gbenga

1 Like

Re: How Many Bedroooms Can Fit In A Half Plot Of Land....lagos by Isaac393l: 8:42pm On Aug 13, 2016
sseunth:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) / Things You Should Know Before Buying That Casement Windows / ELECTRICAL, AUDIO SYSTEM, CCTV, FIRE ALARM, ELECTRIC FENCE INSTALLATIONS..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.