Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,681 members, 7,854,863 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 08:58 AM

Politicians Shouldn’t Use Churches As A Platform To Campaign – Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Politicians Shouldn’t Use Churches As A Platform To Campaign – Jonathan (740 Views)

Pastors Collected N6b To Campaign Against APC, Buhari – Amaechi Says / Who's Running A Better Campaign? Jonathan's Documentary VS Buhari's Memorial / Campaign:jonathan’s Campaign Train Hit Enugu- Akinade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Politicians Shouldn’t Use Churches As A Platform To Campaign – Jonathan by londonrivals: 9:20am On Feb 08, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan has said that politicians shouldn’t use the churches as campaign platform but political discussions can be held at the church.

The President who attended the opening of the two-day crusade of the Lord’s Chosen Charismatic Revival Movement, Ijesha, Lagos said “I would not say much because this is not a good period for those of us who are contesting for election to talk so much in church.

“I do not want to be accused of coming to campaign in churches because I believe that we should not campaign in churches. We may discuss with people but not to use the platform of the church to campaign.”
He also added that insurgency is a major threat to the world, he said “You have been doing great spiritual work that has not only helped members of the church but the whole country.”

“Our country like so many countries of the world is facing threats of insecurity. So the issue of terrorism being perpetuated by some religious fanatics is now a major threat in the world”

He thanked to congregation for their prayers, he said “I want to appreciate all of you here, my sisters and brothers in the Lord. I count it a big privilege to be here with you.
“ I almost missed this opportunity of being with you today because of my tight programme but I know God wanted me to be here today and somehow my programmes were changed and I am here with you.”

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/02/politicians-shouldnt-use-churches-as.html
Re: Politicians Shouldn’t Use Churches As A Platform To Campaign – Jonathan by HURUCHI(m): 9:25am On Feb 08, 2015
Ass hole

1 Like

Re: Politicians Shouldn’t Use Churches As A Platform To Campaign – Jonathan by Beesluv: 9:27am On Feb 08, 2015
This is purely "do as I say but not as I do"
Re: Politicians Shouldn’t Use Churches As A Platform To Campaign – Jonathan by focus7: 9:28am On Feb 08, 2015
Re: Politicians Shouldn’t Use Churches As A Platform To Campaign – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:31am On Feb 08, 2015
That's a comedy statement. While he's in the church campaigning he doesn't want other political parties to follow suit. The church is his domain; campaign ground.

1 Like

Re: Politicians Shouldn’t Use Churches As A Platform To Campaign – Jonathan by nwaanambra1(m): 9:44am On Feb 08, 2015
HURUCHI:
Ass hole

bro thats an under statement.

the man is a sick dog ASS HOLE! i mean a dog suffering from diarrhea! undecided undecided
Re: Politicians Shouldn’t Use Churches As A Platform To Campaign – Jonathan by demelza: 10:04am On Feb 08, 2015
The president is currently touring the churches as a guest minister, he isnt campaigning.
Cut him some slack.
Re: Politicians Shouldn’t Use Churches As A Platform To Campaign – Jonathan by kazmanbanjoko(m): 10:28am On Feb 08, 2015
. Full stop

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Politicians Shouldn’t Use Churches As A Platform To Campaign – Jonathan by Nobody: 10:35am On Feb 08, 2015
Bloody hypocrite!
Re: Politicians Shouldn’t Use Churches As A Platform To Campaign – Jonathan by Caseless: 10:38am On Feb 08, 2015
Dog, what are you doing in churches? What do you wanna achieve by jumping from one church to another? As governor of Bayelsa state, tell us how many churches you visited that you have turned every church in Nigeria to where you go announce govt policies as presiden? May God destroy you for being a divisise leader and a curse to Nigeria.
Re: Politicians Shouldn’t Use Churches As A Platform To Campaign – Jonathan by Caseless: 10:40am On Feb 08, 2015
HURUCHI:
Ass hole
he sounds like someone who was born in the zoo and breastfed by a gorilla.

1 Like

Re: Politicians Shouldn’t Use Churches As A Platform To Campaign – Jonathan by argon500: 11:01am On Feb 08, 2015
Now i can confirm this Jonah na real drunkard..
Re: Politicians Shouldn’t Use Churches As A Platform To Campaign – Jonathan by joseph1832(m): 11:28am On Feb 08, 2015
I only read the first paragraph and actually burst out laughing. After our inept president has visited RCCG and The Lord's Chosen, he is coming to tell us nonsense.

Does GEJ really think Nigerians are that stu.pid?. I mean imagine the blatant hypocrisy!. Its okay for you to do something and its not okay for another to do that same thing .

1 Like

Re: Politicians Shouldn’t Use Churches As A Platform To Campaign – Jonathan by Skako(m): 12:20pm On Feb 08, 2015
Master of church campaigner is talking

march4buhari

(1) (Reply)

Lamido Sanusi On Non-tribalism In Nigeria / Public Officials Will Have To Prove Source Of Unexplained Wealth -Osinbajo(video) / Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan Wants U.S. Troops To Fight Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.