Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,779 members, 7,810,031 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:03 PM

I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements (43432 Views)

Kerosene Business In Nigeria: Requirements And How To Get Started / Could You Start Up An Online Business? / Answer To: Why Can't A Country Keep On Printing Money And Become Rich (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements by cr80vity(m): 2:29pm On Dec 26, 2016
Ikonz:

Sorry for the late reply sir, been quite for sometime now.

Alright, congrats on your newly acquired business premises. I must tell you this, business centre is one of the most lucrative business out there, that's if its properly sited and well managed.

Basically, a Direct Image machine (D.I) is a huge, digital and complex new model of the offset machines we used to know (Kord, sord, multilith, 201, 1850 etc). It is made to bypass separation and plate making process to give a direct print of what you have on the screen.

But What we know today and refer to as D.I. machine is a misnormer, an abuse of print lexicon and usage. They are merely a range of fairly used and new modern colourd copiers like the Konika-minolta bizhub series, sharp mx coloured series, Xeros, hp wide formats and others.

Technically, a D.I machine prints upto A1 sized materials - cards, paper, films, cloth, boards etc. But what we falsely label as D.I (konika et al) print only upto A3 size paper and cards,lol. sad

A good D.I machine will cost you around 45million to procure and install, but a sharp 41000N will slice off an estimated 130k at Ijesha, Lagos state cheesy

You wanna go into banner printing? Better go do an apprenticeship sir, before Alaba boys and those guys at Oduduwa warehouse use u complete their year project ontop PRINT-HEAD matter grin grin

bro please help me out....you are what I need now after God cux our story is similar...m about to finish my Nysc and I want to start a printing press with the same amount u started with...please can u help me out...I v done my apprenticeship also...this is my contact - 08134008468/08145282095...thanks in anticipation bro
Re: I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements by babytejiri(m): 5:54am On Apr 23, 2017
p[];l
Re: I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements by lexaydfg(m): 9:50am On Apr 23, 2017
babytejiri:

What you need is a printing press business plan and feasibility study. That plan amongst other things shows all the financial projections and everything else you need to know about the marketing, etc...
Thanks
Re: I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements by henrimax: 9:50pm On Jun 15, 2017
IKONZ,nice thread. Evergreen i must say, because your yesterday is someone else's today. May God grant your more success in your business.
I appreciate that your very much busy at the moment...work load n all. we thank-God for that, that's a good thing. However permit me to request you find some spare time to visit this thread from time to time, in-order to continue with practical knowledge sharing, cons n pros, do's n don'ts of printing business.

By God's grace with the experience you have already, your in a pretty good place to guide those of us that are interested in the printing business but confused and not sure how to go about it all.

Just hoping you will visit here again to give the likes of me proper direction.

Thanks to all that have been contributing(merchants,engineers,operators,press owners,etc) to this thread, please don't hesitate to continue to bless this thread with your insightful info...God bless.
Re: I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements by Ikonz(m): 4:06pm On Jun 24, 2017
henrimax:
IKONZ,nice thread. Evergreen i must say, because your yesterday is someone else's today. May God grant your more success in your business.
I appreciate that your very much busy at the moment...work load n all. we thank-God for that, that's a good thing. However permit me to request you find some spare time to visit this thread from time to time, in-order to continue with practical knowledge sharing, cons n pros, do's n don'ts of printing business.

By God's grace with the experience you have already, your in a pretty good place to guide those of us that are interested in the printing business but confused and not sure how to go about it all.

Just hoping you will visit here again to give the likes of me proper direction.

Thanks to all that have been contributing(merchants,engineers,operators,press owners,etc) to this thread, please don't hesitate to continue to bless this thread with your insightful info...God bless.

Cool, that's very nice of you sir. Forgive me for seeing this comment now.

By God's Grace I will find enough time during the coming ember months so as to drop some good lessons on General printing and other logistics involved in the print industry
Re: I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements by igwedaboss(m): 7:26pm On Jun 24, 2017
Ikonz:
Thanks to all that contributed to this thread, I have already started the training on this at a printing company in Owerri for over a month now. Intends to round up in 4 months time
Great job. From your beginning to where you are. Awesome. Hope to aspiring youths.
Re: I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements by Trishh: 11:53am On Nov 09, 2017
Thought these articles might help.

Consider these things before you buy your printer
[url] http://www.maxystuff.co.uk/consider-these-things-before-you-buy-your-printer/[/url]

ALERT!! Compatible toners can protect your business from Recession
http://www.maxystuff.co.uk/compatible-toners-can-protect-your-business-from-recession/

Printer Problem- How to fix paper jams
http://www.maxystuff.co.uk/how-to-fix-paper-jams/
Re: I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements by ExoticWedding12: 9:50am On Jun 15, 2018
KONICA MINOLTA IMAGE PRINTING MACHINE

Technology is a dynamics that drives businesses the world over. The printing business has experienced a rapid technological evolution that has impacted the industry, so much so that those who are not sensitive to change have been put out of business. The era of analogue printing is giving way to digital press. Gone are the days you would need to spend valuable time doing Graphic design- color separation- produce plates and run impression on printing machines. And this process may take up to 3 days.
With the advent of Direct Imaging Printing Machines, the process is shorter. You can print immediately once your graphic design is done. This process could take 2-3 hrs. So less time is spent on printing and this is the major reason while a lot of people now prefer DIRECT IMAGE PRINTING, even though the cost is slightly higher.

We are a major importer of fairly use Konica Minolta Printing machines in Nigeria. We have stock of the various models of the printers, their spare parts and toners. We provide training on installation, support repairs and maintenance of the machines. We also offer free business consultation for all our customers.
To buy the Konica Minolta Machines
6 Oritse Street, Off Awolowo Way, Ikeja, lagos

Re: I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements by juicyinn: 6:28am On Sep 19, 2018
I want to start a small business center for graphic designs and photocopying and I went for market survey on Di printers. Please I need your advice , I was shown one Develop353 Di printer for 150k is it ideal to buy that or I should just go for Konica Minolta for same price. Am in Benin
greens:

I actually don't know where to start because I. Feel I am late.
The best DI machine I know is xerox. But you can only go for this if you are sure of yourself. It is costlier than others. But output and options favor it. You may have issues with the servicing and that is a big problem.
Konica is presently the best option. The parts as well as the engineers are available.
Sharp is also in the market but never gained acceptance as Konica.
Please don't buy in computer village.
They will sell scrap to you and use mouth to sell it.
We sell them and they are always available. You can visit us in Lagos. But is 250k for very good ones.

I am into printing but specialized in large format printing.
But even though you may not buy from me. Don't just buy from computer village.
You can ask me more about it. I will answer
Re: I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements by gbowoade463: 6:41am On Sep 19, 2018
Can Anyone recommend for me in Abuja

22 Likes

Re: I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements by seyigiggle: 9:22am On Sep 25, 2018
i hope i am not late?
it is better to buy the konica reason being you can easily get technicians to fix it in case of repairs. also, parts are readily available.

juicyinn:
I want to start a small business center for graphic designs and photocopying and I went for market survey on Di printers. Please I need your advice , I was shown one Develop353 Di printer for 150k is it ideal to buy that or I should just go for Konica Minolta for same price. Am in Benin
Re: I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements by ijbeauty(f): 6:56pm On Feb 21, 2019
And this update came up as I searched on Google how to start up a printing business.
Congratulations Ikonz, hope your business is flourishing. Will want to visit to learn how to start up mine.
Re: I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements by AsapKen(m): 1:40pm On Mar 01, 2019
I'm so interested in this but I'm so confused on how to go about it
Re: I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements by eyems: 3:59pm On Jun 09, 2019
Printing Press Business plan is available
Re: I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements by Paccus: 4:46pm On Jul 22, 2019
Nice one Sir Ikonz, this thread has been a blessing, it will be great if you update once in a while, from your experiences over the years, there will be information for some of us that are planning to start... Thanks a lot
Re: I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements by acepixel1: 1:02pm On Jun 02, 2020
My Number pls contact me on whatsapp 08062543766
badpeople:

We are importers of printing machinery, with years of experience, we based in Lagos, getting touch with us nw
Re: I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements by Prettypee31(f): 8:55am On Nov 14, 2020
Is this thread still active? Will like to know how the biz is faring
Re: I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements by konews: 11:21am On Feb 07, 2021
Re: I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements by nabiz(m): 6:10pm On Jul 02, 2021
greens:

If you buy from me, you will not regret it. You will see things buy yourself. In my complex, more than 15 people bought from me this year. I started the business first.
I am not saying this so that you can buy from me. But don't buy from computer village please.
I am a printer too, but I am falling in love with large format now and I give that more attention. I base in Lagos thou and you are free to visit us.
I can drop my contact on request.
Definitely the printer is available in Lagos.
You can find out.

Even if you don't buy from me, I will still attend to your questions as regard to this subject
pls i need your contact
Re: I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements by Willowx48: 8:08am On Jul 13, 2021
Hayyee2002:
Hello Ikonz and everyone please,

I just set up a business centre in Port Harcourt, d shop is quite large and has more room for other businesses.

I'm looking at acquiring a DI machine to start off a kind of digital printing press and I'm also fancing the idea of a large format printing on banners.

I need information on this DI machine, like what it can do, like type of paper it can print on and what it cannot do. I will also like information on a DI capable of up to A2 printing.

As for large format, I will want to start with machine dat can do up to six feet print out.

Is large format printer like DI available that can print on banners?

I like to know fairly used price of this printers.

Please I'm counting on your informed contribution. Th toanks.

What's up bro.. have you started the printing business...
I want to venture into it..
How did you go about it
Re: I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements by Julius209(m): 8:32am On Jul 30, 2021
It seems this thread has been abandoned

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos From Dangote's 59th Birthday Party In Edo State / Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos / Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.