Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,090 members, 7,835,664 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

What You Need To Know About Student Visa - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What You Need To Know About Student Visa (27368 Views)

Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad / All You Need To Know About STUDENT CONNECT - Exam Point / Is This True About Student With Glass Eyes?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What You Need To Know About Student Visa by sharisto(m): 2:34pm On Feb 09, 2015
how abt visa to yobe state or to sambisa forest 4 masters in boko haram studies.

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Student Visa by Nobody: 2:34pm On Feb 09, 2015
Thanks
Re: What You Need To Know About Student Visa by laykhorn(m): 2:34pm On Feb 09, 2015
I dont understand a thing from that your epistle
Re: What You Need To Know About Student Visa by Nobody: 2:37pm On Feb 09, 2015
Now I can start processing my basketball visa...abeg make una follow me thank the op
Re: What You Need To Know About Student Visa by Nobody: 2:37pm On Feb 09, 2015
AKMoney1:
All the poster above me really got nothing to say undecided
may u die of hunger, na u buy phone for me or na u get nairaland ba? quote me again u will see
Re: What You Need To Know About Student Visa by Rilwayne001: 2:38pm On Feb 09, 2015
sharisto:
ok na......pls buhari were's dat certificate b4 I postpone d election to next yr....gudluck til APC dies in naija.

Knowledge is far from you
Re: What You Need To Know About Student Visa by ajahexcel(m): 2:38pm On Feb 09, 2015
Re: What You Need To Know About Student Visa by Pearlvictory(m): 2:40pm On Feb 09, 2015
O yes! Me likey. Yaba left peeps called Buharians can go kiss demon Pimon :-D
Re: What You Need To Know About Student Visa by Nobody: 2:40pm On Feb 09, 2015
Thanks Add Me on BBM Click here
Re: What You Need To Know About Student Visa by Nobody: 2:41pm On Feb 09, 2015
AKMoney1:
And what do you have to say
Re: What You Need To Know About Student Visa by Nobody: 2:41pm On Feb 09, 2015
Guess you know what you are saying?
Frankmishael:
Gej till d last drop of my blood.
Re: What You Need To Know About Student Visa by Nobody: 2:44pm On Feb 09, 2015
tebirim:
Guess you know what you are saying?
yes and u?
Re: What You Need To Know About Student Visa by loverprince(m): 2:44pm On Feb 09, 2015
You can learn about how to get your visa for free,just sign in at www.abiolaolakunle.com
Re: What You Need To Know About Student Visa by tdayof(m): 2:46pm On Feb 09, 2015
We in travel section know this undecided
Re: What You Need To Know About Student Visa by SantohFilz(m): 2:55pm On Feb 09, 2015
danypack7:
Obtaining a visa for education, say in the US, takes considerable time but if sufficient information is gathered beforehand and necessary documentation is kept ready, it can be a very easy process. In fact, the number of student visas to the US has grown steadily over the years.

Every foreign citizen who enters the United States must obtain a visa - for temporary stay such as full-time study, training, research etc. a non-immigrant visa application has to be made; for permanent residence, an immigrant visa application is necessary.

Any student who has applied to a college or university and has received admission acceptance can apply for a student visa. The particular college sends the student an I-20 form which forms the basis for an F-1 Visa application. The type of institution that the student is attending and the courses of study usually determine the category of visa issuance.

If the student is going on an exchange program for consultation, training or research, the agency that is sponsoring the visit sends a DS-2019 form which is the J-1 Visa application.

Student visas are classified into two types - F-1 or M-1 issued to the student pursuing a full-time study course; J-1 Visa is issued to exchange visitors or exchange program students.

A spouse or a child of a student travelling on an F-1 or M-1 Visa usually accompanies on an F-2 or M-2 Visa.

Requirements

Every person or citizen applying for an F-1 or M-1 student visa has to be accepted by a SEVP (Student and Exchange Visitor Program) approved institution. The EducationUSA website provided complete information on study opportunities for undergraduate and postgraduate study programs, for research scholars, etc.

When the student is accepted by a college or university, automatic enrolment is carried out in the SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System). On payment of the SEVIS I-901 fee the school provides the student with a Form I-20 to present at the consulate or embassy for the visa interview.

Student Visa Process

Step 1: Upon acceptance by the university, the non-immigrant student receives the I-20 form for an F-1 Visa or the DS-2019 for a J-1Visa. This form has to be filled in carefully with details such as name etc. matching the same spelling or initials as that of the acceptance letter issued by the university. All applications are scrutinized for security clearance; some countries have additional screening procedures which may take a few weeks.

Step 2: An appointment for a visa interview has to be scheduled as early as possible on receipt of the acceptance letter. The dates indicated on the I-20 or the DS-2019 should be taken into account while scheduling interview. The US Embassy in every country has a website with detailed instructions on the visa appointment procedure. The US Department of State affiliated Education USA centers are present all over the world and information on payment of visa fees and scheduling interview can be obtained from them.

There is a fee to cover the system costs that record the student's stay in the US (SEVIS). There may also be an additional fee for the visa application in the country where the visa is requested.

Source - http://nigerianscholars.com/2014/12/what-you-need-to-know-about-student-visa.html
Op.....how about the Canada student visa process?
Re: What You Need To Know About Student Visa by GodsKate: 2:55pm On Feb 09, 2015
Keep up with news/events/research/business.
MTN&ETISALAT DATA available @cheaper rates for your mobile phones and via modem.
(Mtn 1gb = N1200/1300
Etisalat = N1400/1500)
Call/SMS/Whatsapp GK on 08032719286 to order.
Re: What You Need To Know About Student Visa by tellwisdom: 3:09pm On Feb 09, 2015
Na this wan go give me food?? sad
Re: What You Need To Know About Student Visa by OkoyeA1(m): 3:14pm On Feb 09, 2015
danypack7:
Obtaining a visa for education, say in the US, takes considerable time but if sufficient information is gathered beforehand and necessary documentation is kept ready, it can be a very easy process. In fact, the number of student visas to the US has grown steadily over the years.

Every foreign citizen who enters the United States must obtain a visa - for temporary stay such as full-time study, training, research etc. a non-immigrant visa application has to be made; for permanent residence, an immigrant visa application is necessary.

Any student who has applied to a college or university and has received admission acceptance can apply for a student visa. The particular college sends the student an I-20 form which forms the basis for an F-1 Visa application. The type of institution that the student is attending and the courses of study usually determine the category of visa issuance.

If the student is going on an exchange program for consultation, training or research, the agency that is sponsoring the visit sends a DS-2019 form which is the J-1 Visa application.

Student visas are classified into two types - F-1 or M-1 issued to the student pursuing a full-time study course; J-1 Visa is issued to exchange visitors or exchange program students.

A spouse or a child of a student travelling on an F-1 or M-1 Visa usually accompanies on an F-2 or M-2 Visa.

Requirements

Every person or citizen applying for an F-1 or M-1 student visa has to be accepted by a SEVP (Student and Exchange Visitor Program) approved institution. The EducationUSA website provided complete information on study opportunities for undergraduate and postgraduate study programs, for research scholars, etc.

When the student is accepted by a college or university, automatic enrolment is carried out in the SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System). On payment of the SEVIS I-901 fee the school provides the student with a Form I-20 to present at the consulate or embassy for the visa interview.

Student Visa Process

Step 1: Upon acceptance by the university, the non-immigrant student receives the I-20 form for an F-1 Visa or the DS-2019 for a J-1Visa. This form has to be filled in carefully with details such as name etc. matching the same spelling or initials as that of the acceptance letter issued by the university. All applications are scrutinized for security clearance; some countries have additional screening procedures which may take a few weeks.

Step 2: An appointment for a visa interview has to be scheduled as early as possible on receipt of the acceptance letter. The dates indicated on the I-20 or the DS-2019 should be taken into account while scheduling interview. The US Embassy in every country has a website with detailed instructions on the visa appointment procedure. The US Department of State affiliated Education USA centers are present all over the world and information on payment of visa fees and scheduling interview can be obtained from them.

There is a fee to cover the system costs that record the student's stay in the US (SEVIS). There may also be an additional fee for the visa application in the country where the visa is requested.

Source - http://nigerianscholars.com/2014/12/what-you-need-to-know-about-student-visa.html

Re: What You Need To Know About Student Visa by gbodimowo(m): 3:23pm On Feb 09, 2015
noted
Re: What You Need To Know About Student Visa by gbodimowo(m): 3:25pm On Feb 09, 2015
clara472:
Thanks Op very informative

Dubai has banned single and unmarried Nigerians who are less than 40 years old from visiting the country except the person is accompanied by someone who is above 40 and bears the same surname with them.

According to an online news blog, the visa rules for Nigerians wishing to enter Dubai are as follows:
• Single ladies/men travelling alone should be 40 years old and above.
• Married women travelling with children should be above 40 years old.
• Ladies/men who are less than 40 years old will be allowed to travel if accompanied by someone who is above 40 and bears the same surname with them

SEE MORE: http://www.e reporter.com.ng/index.php/national-news/item/3119-dubai-introduces-new-discriminating-visa-rules-for-nigerians

why all this
Re: What You Need To Know About Student Visa by gbodimowo(m): 3:26pm On Feb 09, 2015
AKMoney1:

why should they when all has been said in the travel section
Re: What You Need To Know About Student Visa by gboyetade: 3:34pm On Feb 09, 2015
we provide professional advice

https://www.facebook.com/Abroadstudyconsults
Re: What You Need To Know About Student Visa by clemz88(m): 3:36pm On Feb 09, 2015
AKMoney1:
including you
Re: What You Need To Know About Student Visa by Nobody: 3:42pm On Feb 09, 2015
The area I want to emphasize is that the student must make sure the school is eligible to issue a form 1-20
Not all schools are.
So get that clear before applying or accepting an admission

Secondly ,in times past,community colleges were ok and issued I-20
I helped someone obtain one many years ago and they went to the embassy for a visa but nowadays it is tough
Shoot for a regular 4 year college not a community college
You must also show a convincing source of payment

Community colleges are junior colleges that award associate degrees,equivalent of an OND

2 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Student Visa by AKMoney1(m): 3:55pm On Feb 09, 2015
Frankmishael:
may u die of hunger, na u buy phone for me or na u get nairaland ba? quote me again u will see

Bros you don chop today so? Abi why using hunger as an attack grin

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Student Visa by Nemma(m): 4:12pm On Feb 09, 2015
chiboy11:
Ow many hours can a USA student visa ( Masters program) is allowd to work in a wek. Any one wit dis info here?
. Bro student are only oppurtuned to work 20hrs/week.
Re: What You Need To Know About Student Visa by steric58(m): 4:29pm On Feb 09, 2015
how about studying nursing abroad?
all na election strategy sai buahri
new Archos 53 platinum for sale contact me on whatsapp if your are interested 081.61678235 strictly for ILORIN people
Re: What You Need To Know About Student Visa by Nobody: 4:31pm On Feb 09, 2015
Thanks for the info OP, these are the topics we need,,.. Not "ten types of people u'll see at...." Or "who wore it better?"..
Re: What You Need To Know About Student Visa by spymybox: 4:42pm On Feb 09, 2015
Re: What You Need To Know About Student Visa by holarid(m): 4:42pm On Feb 09, 2015
Re: What You Need To Know About Student Visa by ibabkr(m): 5:03pm On Feb 09, 2015
[Thats a very nice move from d Arabian country! at least it Will reduce prostitution. quote author=clara472 post=30570056]Thanks Op very informative

Dubai has banned single and unmarried Nigerians who are less than 40 years old from visiting the country except the person is accompanied by someone who is above 40 and bears the same surname with them.

According to an online news blog, the visa rules for Nigerians wishing to enter Dubai are as follows:
• Single ladies/men travelling alone should be 40 years old and above.
• Married women travelling with children should be above 40 years old.
• Ladies/men who are less than 40 years old will be allowed to travel if accompanied by someone who is above 40 and bears the same surname with them

SEE MORE: http://www.e reporter.com.ng/index.php/national-news/item/3119-dubai-introduces-new-discriminating-visa-rules-for-nigerians[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? / Bandits Kidnap 24 Students Of Federal University Of Gusau From Hostel / FG Appoints Jega, Olanipekun, Others As Chairmen, Members Of Governing Council

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.