Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,066 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? (26874 Views)

Covenant University Vice Chancellor Shares Beautiful Picture Senate Building / What Is The Role Of A University Chancellor? / LASU Vice Chancellor Receives Riot From Students As Birthday Gift (photos/video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Thislifee: 10:20am On Feb 10
I have always been thinking of this whether a local government chairman earn more than a university vice-chancellor.

I have instances. My ex-school mate father was a vice chancellor of a one federal university like that then but they weren't that wealthy as I expected or is he faking it?

I just met this friend I met during NYSC, he wasn't a corper but an aide to a local government chairman politician. He loves giving me money but I don't like collecting money from people(I love my self respect). This young man of 28 years took me to his duplex which was brand new. He is driving Lexus 350 tear rubber. He took me to a four storey building he built. He is married but when I met the wife she was newly pregnant like 3 months. I keep letting this politician know how life haven't been fair to me etc like I find it hard to get federal jobs. He told me he would have given me a job in the local government if I was the same state with him. He told me he would put me on in politics if we were from his state. I really want to know if a local government chairman is richer than a VC.

My ex school mate that his father was a VC couldn't secure a job for me then his father was VC upon I begged everyday on WhatsApp to him. I felt sad this guy couldn't help me because we were friends in secondary school and he is a stingy person too.

Does a local government chairman of a rich local government earn more than a vice chancellor of a federal university?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Thislifee: 10:24am On Feb 10
I dedicate this FTC to myself and all young men who are out to earn legitimately, looking for destiny helpers and have been through a lot of pains just as to keep breathing due to the harsh economy of Nigeria presently.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by iwriteall: 10:42am On Feb 10
Thislifee:
I dedicate this FTC to myself and all young men who are out to earn legitimately, looking for destiny helpers and have been through a lot of pains just as to keep breathing due to the harsh economy of Nigeria presently.

Allow mek e reach there first na grin

Tho I don't see this thread hitting the front page

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Thislifee: 10:45am On Feb 10
iwriteall:

I have faith it will reach. I really need answers from people. Abeg they should answer my question.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Thislifee: 10:49am On Feb 10
iwriteall:

It will, I really want to know who earns more.
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by fawaz050(m): 11:07am On Feb 10
Thislifee:
It will, I really want to know who earns more.

To what end?

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Wawelexy(m): 11:23am On Feb 10
A simple Google search could have just answered your question. Check the salary structure of both... VC earns better but allowances those politicians gets plus their dubious contract allocations will always make a VC look like a pauper.

141 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Thislifee: 11:34am On Feb 10
fawaz050:

To what end?
financially

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Thislifee: 11:35am On Feb 10
Wawelexy:
A simple Google search could have just answered your question. Check the salary structure of both... VC earns better but allowances those politicians gets plus their dubious contract allocations will always make a VC look like a pauper.
exactly as I was thinking. Some people have politics as their full time job oh

22 Likes

Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Acidosis(m): 12:06pm On Feb 10
Politicians don't earn much. Yahaya Bello paid councillors 120k monthly. Multiply that by 2 or 3 for a local government chairman. They live large because of corruption and crime. Some of them may be responsible for the high rate of kidnapping.

98 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by TUANKU(m): 1:01pm On Feb 10
It depends on the local government and also if the VC is for Federal or state University and most importantly who is more corrupt. LG chairmen in most councils in Lagos state and others like Port-Harcourt, Onitsha, Karu, AMAC etc will easily earn/steal more than some VC while VC's of Federal uni like Unilag,Ibadan,ABU,Ife,Unijos,UNN etc will earn/steal money especially those with teaching hospitals.

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Sundaymosez: 1:07pm On Feb 10

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Thislifee: 1:34pm On Feb 10
Acidosis:

Politicians don't earn much. Yahaya Bello paid councillors 120k monthly. Multiply that by 2 or 3 for a local government chairman. They live large because of corruption and crime. Some of them may be responsible for the high rate of kidnapping.
politicians go for kidnapping?
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Thislifee: 1:36pm On Feb 10
TUANKU:
It depends on the local government and also if the VC is for Federal or state University and most importantly who is more corrupt. LG chairmen in most councils in Lagos state and others like Port-Harcourt, Onitsha, Karu, AMAC etc will easily earn/steal more than some VC while VC's of Federal uni like Unilag,Ibadan,ABU,Ife,Unijos,UNN etc will earn/steal money especially those with teaching hospitals.
like let's compare the local government chairman of Eti osa to the VC of unilag? Who makes more money whether by stealing or not.

12 Likes

Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by ogawisdom(m): 1:37pm On Feb 10
VC salary = 1.8m FG uni

LG Boss salary, can't be up to that but corruption will make more for him.

Well it depends on who can steal better grin who is more corrupt? angry If the VC Na born again like Chinedu Nebo he will be poorer. cool

IGR of some fg uni is in billions

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by SUPERPACK: 1:58pm On Feb 10
When it comes to salary the VC earn double or triple the salary of a local govt chairman. As for who can steal more that is up to individuals conscience. Federal and state VCs get the opportunity to steal a lot from inflated budget and ghost workers

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by emoboy4u: 2:25pm On Feb 10
Why do people conclude some other people are stingy because they refuse to give them a job? Do not conclude now until you get to that level, then let's see if you can help everyone that comes to you.

I use to think those uncles that promised us jobs after graduation are wicked until I became an uncle too and realize that even though I wanted to, I couldn't help everyone.

People at that level have so many people seeking one favor or the other from them, it is really unfair to conclude they are stingy because things are not usually the way we think they are.

But until you get to that level, never conclude.

83 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Anguldi(m): 2:30pm On Feb 10
Comparing Executive and mere Appointee
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Scholace: 3:19pm On Feb 10
emoboy4u:
Why do people conclude some other people are stingy because they refuse to give them a job? Do not conclude now until you get to that level, then let's see if you can help everyone that comes to you.

I use to think those uncles that promised us jobs after graduation are wicked until I became an uncle too and realize that even though I wanted to, I couldn't help everyone.

People at that level have so many people seeking one favor or the other from them, it is really unfair to conclude they are stingy because things are not usually the way we think they are.

But until you get to that level, never conclude.
Some uncles are truly useless. My dad singlehandedly raised his little brother till he becomes adult. He sent him to school while my mum linked him up with a job in an oil company. This Uncle of mine doesn't not send any of us, including my mum and his brother my father. We his niece and nephew are suffering with no help in sight. Don't you think we have a right to tell him to his face that he's wicked?

40 Likes

Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Seunpapa65: 4:11pm On Feb 10
cheesy

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Acidosis(m): 4:52pm On Feb 10
Thislifee:
politicians go for kidnapping?

may.

1 Like

Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Duelee: 4:54pm On Feb 10
One time there was a protest in a federal uni up north.

Nothing was burnt I can you tell pointedly.
The one visible damages were shattered windows, and that's all.
However, aftermath of the chaos saw roughly 20.5k students clutching 15k naira notes in their purses, back pockets, and wallets, blisters of agony in their lungs, their hearts pounding with abandon, streams of tears gushing down their flushed faces as they hustled their way to deposit cash to the school account.

Run the numbers and see millions just for the VC and cronies.

Overall VCs are way more corrupt than Chairmen expect in few selected cases.

19 Likes

Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Thislifee: 5:44pm On Feb 10
ogawisdom:
VC salary = 1.8m FG uni

Well it depends on who can steal better grin who is more corrupt? angry If the VC Na born again like Chinedu Nebo he will be poorer. cool

Chinedu nebo of Unn?

5 Likes

Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Thislifee: 5:45pm On Feb 10
ogawisdom:
VC salary = 1.8m FG uni

Billions? Then VC ought to be richer than local government chairman.

1 Like

Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Thislifee: 5:45pm On Feb 10
SUPERPACK:
When it comes to salary the VC earn double or triple the salary of a local govt chairman. As for who can steal more that is up to individuals conscience. Federal and state VCs get the opportunity to steal a lot from inflated budget and ghost workers
So VC is more than local government chairman in all ramification oh.
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Thislifee: 5:46pm On Feb 10
Duelee:
One time there was a protest in a federal uni up north.

Nothing was burnt I can you tell pointedly.
The one visible damages were shattered windows, and that's all.
However, aftermath of the chaos saw roughly 20.5k students clutching 15k naira notes in their purses, back pockets, and wallets, blisters of agony in their lungs, their hearts pounding with abandon, streams of tears gushing down their flushed faces as they hustled their way to deposit cash to the school account.

Run the numbers and see millions just for the VC and cronies.

Overall VCs are way more corrupt than Chairmen expect in few selected cases.
it's good am knowing a VC is way richer.
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by TUANKU(m): 5:47pm On Feb 10
Thislifee:
like let's compare the local government chairman of Eti osa to the VC of unilag? Who makes more money whether by stealing or not.
Unilag VC of course.

3 Likes

Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Thislifee: 5:48pm On Feb 10
Anguldi:
Comparing Executive and mere Appointee
people responses keeps validating that VC is richer besides VC isn't appointed oh. Local government chairman is not meant to be appointed too oh.

2 Likes

Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Thislifee: 5:49pm On Feb 10
Scholace:
Some uncles are truly useless. My dad singlehandedly raised his little brother till he becomes adult. He sent him to school while my mum linked him up with a job in an oil company. This Uncle of mine doesn't not send any of us, including my mum and his brother my father. We his niece and nephew are suffering with no help in sight. Don't you think we have a right to tell him to his face that he's wicked?
Tell him oh. This is wickedness!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Thislifee: 5:50pm On Feb 10
TUANKU:

Unilag VC of course.
Local government chairman of Eti-osa can't steal enough?
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by TUANKU(m): 5:52pm On Feb 10
Thislifee:
Local government chairman of Eti-osa can't steal enough?
The VC is in-charge of his budget which runs into billions while the Chairman is at the mercy of the governor and political god-fathers.

13 Likes

Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Thislifee: 5:54pm On Feb 10
TUANKU:

The VC is in-charge of his budget which runs into billions while the Chairman is at the mercy of the governor and political god-fathers.
That's true but VC too has political godfathers too.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sale Of Uniben Postgraduate Form 2017/2018 / Ajah Excel-Anayo Runs For World Leadership Position (photos) / FG Pays ASUU Half Salaries For October

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.