Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,282 members, 7,818,957 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

TOP 10 NIGERIA Brands That Surprised Their Social Media Fans - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / TOP 10 NIGERIA Brands That Surprised Their Social Media Fans (16975 Views)

St. Louis, Other Foreign Packaged Sugar Brands Remains Banned In Nigeria – FG / TOP TRENDY MADE IN NIGERIA BRANDS MAKING WAVES / How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

TOP 10 NIGERIA Brands That Surprised Their Social Media Fans by teamup: 11:13am On Feb 09, 2015
Brands often ask fans for likes, shares and follows on social
media. Sometimes, to show their thanks, brands do cool and
unexpected things to give back to their social media fans.
More than any online interactions, it’s these instances of
brands turning online relationships into real-life experiences
for their fans and followers that make brands seem more
human. Check out these ten examples of brands that found
ways to surprise and reward their fans in real life. None of
these examples are grand productions. It just shows that even
small gestures from brands to their fans can create a large
impact.
Many Nigerian makes a living from promotional offers and am one of them
Re: TOP 10 NIGERIA Brands That Surprised Their Social Media Fans by teamup: 11:14am On Feb 09, 2015
10. Virgin Atlantic
As part of its “Flying in the Face of Ordinary” campaign, in
March Virgin Atlantic decided to send its marketing team and
cabin crew members to cheer up people in Boston by making
special deliveries and doing good deeds for people who weren’t
having the best of days. The airline brand looked at its Twitter
followers to find people in Boston tweeting about things like
having to wait in the snow for a train or other everyday
annoyances. The Virgin Atlantic team reached out to these
people via Twitter direct messages to locate them and arrange
things like delivering 100 cupcakes to a blogger and his
coworkers and giving a women a ride to a business meeting
and preparing her for the cold with a pair of gloves and a hat.
Virgin Atlantic brought this effort to other cities too, like
Washington and New York.

9. Samsung
Last August, Samsung customer Shane Bennett took to Facebook
to ask the mobile phone brand for a free Galaxy X3. Bennett
also included a cute drawing of a dinosaur going “rawr,” you
know, for brownie points. Samsung responded playfully
explaining why it couldn’t give him a free phone and also
included a drawing of a kangaroo on a unicycle to return the
drawing favor. The whole exchange obviously ended up on
Reddit and created a lot of positive buzz for Samsung, so
Samsung ended up actually giving Bennett a free Galaxy X3
with a custom design: Bennett’s dinosaur drawing. That’s a
pretty awesome gift from a brand.

8. GLOBACOM NIGERIA
Globacom recently give out Mercedes benz G-Wagon to one of this loyal customer
as grand prize, an all-
expense paid trip for 10 subscribers to the UK to watch a live Manchester United
match and N10,000 airtime for 1000 subscribers. glo is making it big for Nigerian and am proud of them

7. GULDER
Gulder is giving viewers of Africa’s first and longest running reality TV show, Gulder Ultimate Search, the opportunity of participating in the reality TV programme and also winning prizes via the Viewers’ Choice.

1 Share

Re: TOP 10 NIGERIA Brands That Surprised Their Social Media Fans by teamup: 12:36pm On Feb 09, 2015
6.STAR BEER
5. MTN NIGERIA
4. JUMIA

MORE @ http://promo9ja.com

2 Shares

Re: TOP 10 NIGERIA Brands That Surprised Their Social Media Fans by biggerboyc(m): 2:42pm On Mar 06, 2015
want to make name for yourself check out this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofaf_kicr6g
Re: TOP 10 NIGERIA Brands That Surprised Their Social Media Fans by gen2briz(m): 2:43pm On Mar 06, 2015
MTN abi kin la

1 Like

Re: TOP 10 NIGERIA Brands That Surprised Their Social Media Fans by missbehave247(m): 2:43pm On Mar 06, 2015
K
Re: TOP 10 NIGERIA Brands That Surprised Their Social Media Fans by jeeqaa7(m): 2:43pm On Mar 06, 2015
Gej surprises me everyday..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: TOP 10 NIGERIA Brands That Surprised Their Social Media Fans by biddieluvzyaho(f): 2:43pm On Mar 06, 2015
undecided
Re: TOP 10 NIGERIA Brands That Surprised Their Social Media Fans by scribble: 2:43pm On Mar 06, 2015
This brands need to do more on social media

Only a few brands like GTbank, Access know what time it is
Re: TOP 10 NIGERIA Brands That Surprised Their Social Media Fans by dasphinx1(m): 2:43pm On Mar 06, 2015
Hmmmm.... Nice smiley
Re: TOP 10 NIGERIA Brands That Surprised Their Social Media Fans by Nobody: 2:44pm On Mar 06, 2015
dd
Re: TOP 10 NIGERIA Brands That Surprised Their Social Media Fans by Nobody: 2:44pm On Mar 06, 2015
Space booked.
Re: TOP 10 NIGERIA Brands That Surprised Their Social Media Fans by efilefun(m): 2:45pm On Mar 06, 2015
you need to include our politicians also cuz dem don too share gift this season

1 Like

Re: TOP 10 NIGERIA Brands That Surprised Their Social Media Fans by horlabiyi(m): 2:46pm On Mar 06, 2015
MTN Chahahakakakalaalala iLaugh I chinese
Re: TOP 10 NIGERIA Brands That Surprised Their Social Media Fans by whizqueen(f): 2:48pm On Mar 06, 2015
BORING
**yawns undecided
Re: TOP 10 NIGERIA Brands That Surprised Their Social Media Fans by naijainfogalery: 2:48pm On Mar 06, 2015
Federal Govt and our politicians has been surprising us with lies on Social media since 2000.
Re: TOP 10 NIGERIA Brands That Surprised Their Social Media Fans by HyDef(m): 2:48pm On Mar 06, 2015
While said brands can be found in Nigeria, some of your examples didn't occur in the country. :|

Proposed correction to thread title: 10 Brands That Did Amazing Things For Their Customers.

And did all of these things happen on social media? Like the Glo one? That's just the average promo. :/

1 Like

Re: TOP 10 NIGERIA Brands That Surprised Their Social Media Fans by Fineboi2(m): 2:50pm On Mar 06, 2015
Just wondering wetin mke dis topic enter fp
Re: TOP 10 NIGERIA Brands That Surprised Their Social Media Fans by ipunchbitches(m): 2:52pm On Mar 06, 2015
I CAME I SAW I BOOKED SPACE
I.O.W VENI VIDI BOOKKI SPACI
Re: TOP 10 NIGERIA Brands That Surprised Their Social Media Fans by okirewaju(f): 2:52pm On Mar 06, 2015
Knorr Nigeria should be on your list. Had an amazing #12 days of christmas on fb
Re: TOP 10 NIGERIA Brands That Surprised Their Social Media Fans by chrisviral(m): 2:53pm On Mar 06, 2015

*modified*
I booked space, only to realise I had nothing to comment here, I don't even have strength to read that story, hope nobody died in the story undecided
RIP to the dead sha
Re: TOP 10 NIGERIA Brands That Surprised Their Social Media Fans by sexymoma(f): 2:53pm On Mar 06, 2015
Let It be known that i "sexymoma" Commented on this thread On the 6/3/2015 at exactly 2:53pm (CAT)
Re: TOP 10 NIGERIA Brands That Surprised Their Social Media Fans by Hawlahscho(m): 3:03pm On Mar 06, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Em em em em em em em em... actually
I ws here.

BRB in a jiffy.

***Edited***

So, MTN too dey d list. undecided
Wetin them do
And OP, I think I need some pictures to solidify my doubts.
Re: TOP 10 NIGERIA Brands That Surprised Their Social Media Fans by killercute16(m): 3:03pm On Mar 06, 2015
chrisviral:

*modified*
I booked space, only to realise I had nothing to comment here, I don't even have strength to read that story, hope nobody died in the story undecided
RIP to the dead sha
;DHoihoihoihoi....u are really funny
Re: TOP 10 NIGERIA Brands That Surprised Their Social Media Fans by kings09(m): 3:03pm On Mar 06, 2015
Op u said 'nigerian brands'. Aside frm globacom, d rest r occurences outside 9ja. No de bring poo here js2 attract attention....mb jst wasted viewing dis.
Re: TOP 10 NIGERIA Brands That Surprised Their Social Media Fans by chrisviral(m): 3:06pm On Mar 06, 2015
killercute16:
;DHoihoihoihoi....u are really funny

I rushed off to book space like everyone was, but the story come plenty.
Did he say virgin atlantis manager is dead undecided
Chai! That handsome man
Re: TOP 10 NIGERIA Brands That Surprised Their Social Media Fans by MillionDollars: 3:09pm On Mar 06, 2015
Don jazzy, konga treat,
Re: TOP 10 NIGERIA Brands That Surprised Their Social Media Fans by Joshuadon: 3:13pm On Mar 06, 2015
scribble:
This brands need to do more on social media

Only a few brands like GTbank, Access know what time it is

YOU ARE RIGHT,GOT AN ANDRIOD PHONE LAST YEAR DEC FROM MY NO 1 BANK #ACCESS BANK PLC ........IT WAS JUST AMAZING.......smileycheesy

1 Like

Re: TOP 10 NIGERIA Brands That Surprised Their Social Media Fans by jingh(f): 3:15pm On Mar 06, 2015
How does dis reduce d hold up i dey.
Re: TOP 10 NIGERIA Brands That Surprised Their Social Media Fans by iykofias(m): 3:25pm On Mar 06, 2015
MTN gini? r u sure u'r ok?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dangote Is Dead? / Nylon Production / CBN Celebrates Its "Achievements" At Transcorp Hilton (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.