Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

What Forum Software And Theme Is Nairaland Running On? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Forum Software And Theme Is Nairaland Running On? (5276 Views)

Premium Wordpress Plugins And Theme Giveaway!!!! / Omojuwa Tweets About Zuckerberg Running In Nigeria / What's The Best Forum Software For Wordpress? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Forum Software And Theme Is Nairaland Running On? by ezeuba(m): 12:38pm On Feb 09, 2015
I'm curious to know what forum software Nairaland is running on and which theme. Please webmasters chip in with your answers.

2 Likes

Re: What Forum Software And Theme Is Nairaland Running On? by ncpat(m): 2:48pm On Feb 09, 2015
ezeuba:
I'm curious to know what forum software Nairaland is running on and which theme. Please webmasters chip in with your answers.
Nairaland started with SMF script and later customized it to what you see today by paying web developers and not free like the one you are looking for. Pay money and you will get what you want.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Forum Software And Theme Is Nairaland Running On? by donsheddy1(m): 4:21pm On Feb 09, 2015
ncpat:

Nairaland started with SMF script and later customized it to what you see today by paying web developers and not free like the one you are looking for. Pay money and you will get what you want.
You and dis freebie guy get quarel before? Na wa o. But na true talk o. If u want that, it is customizable but not for freee ehnn. The simple truth is that it is smf okay.

1 Like

Re: What Forum Software And Theme Is Nairaland Running On? by javijabor1(m): 8:34pm On Feb 09, 2015
ncpat:

Weda it was customized or not its core is smf.
Nairaland is smf they only customized a theme to suite seuns taste.

I hate it when ppl say its not smf. angry

1 Like

Re: What Forum Software And Theme Is Nairaland Running On? by emmyvet(m): 8:51pm On Feb 09, 2015
javijabor1:

Weda it was customized or not its core is smf.
Nairaland is smf they only customized a theme to suite seuns taste.

I hate it when ppl say its not smf. angry

You are correct nairaland started with smf but observed they did more work on the SEO cause SMF I know is not that
friendly to the search engine as nairaland is.
Re: What Forum Software And Theme Is Nairaland Running On? by Nobody: 11:20am On Feb 10, 2015
emmyvet:

You are correct nairaland started with smf but observed they did more work on the SEO cause SMF I know is not that
friendly to the search engine as nairaland is.
Yes they are seo Mods for most boards like phpbb vbulletin so adding Mods and tweaking style(Html n css) doenst mean its no more smf large part of it is still unchanged smf code
Re: What Forum Software And Theme Is Nairaland Running On? by emmyvet(m): 11:58am On Feb 10, 2015
denzmark:

Yes they are seo Mods for most boards like phpbb vbulletin so adding Mods and tweaking style(Html n css) doenst mean its no more smf large part of it is still unchanged smf code
Ok ok, so which of SMF and phpBB do you(with some tweaking) think will be better in terms of seo?
Re: What Forum Software And Theme Is Nairaland Running On? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Feb 10, 2015
Id recommend phpbb because I am using it but Mods are Mods it doesnt mean if you use vbulletin or smf your seo will be bad they have little effect since most forums are easy to crawled by google,
I think the url part can help humans type links easily but these mods dont fool google hey but go for phpbb anyway its popular lots of support n cool mods and styles
Re: What Forum Software And Theme Is Nairaland Running On? by ncpat(m): 10:06am On Feb 11, 2015
Check out my forum made with phpbb

http://1010studio.com/forum2

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Forum Software And Theme Is Nairaland Running On? by Duuzsz(m): 1:10pm On Feb 11, 2015
Can I set up a forum for this website? http://www.techpill.net
Re: What Forum Software And Theme Is Nairaland Running On? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 27, 2015
Re: What Forum Software And Theme Is Nairaland Running On? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Dec 27, 2015
Wisdommm:

Please I want to start up a forum but people are confusing me. Everyone who is starting a forum is starting it as part of an already existing website. But i want to start just a forum. Is this possible?
I would appreciate your reply, thanks.
Yes ofcourse you can just like nairaland even these days you can start it but you will get your traffic elsewhere
Re: What Forum Software And Theme Is Nairaland Running On? by yomalex(m): 1:45pm On Dec 28, 2015
Extremely customized SMF
Re: What Forum Software And Theme Is Nairaland Running On? by Iamhessteem: 9:38pm On Dec 14, 2016
Id recommend phpbb because I am using it but Mods are Mods it doesnt mean if you use vbulletin or smf your seo will be bad they have little effect since most forums are easy to crawled by google,
I think the url part can help humans type links easily but these mods dont fool google hey but go for phpbb anyway its popular lots of support n cool mods and styles
what is your site adress please
Re: What Forum Software And Theme Is Nairaland Running On? by semasir: 10:43pm On Dec 14, 2016
See the LASU Forum link on my signature

Iamhessteem:
what is your site adress please
Re: What Forum Software And Theme Is Nairaland Running On? by Iamhessteem: 2:05pm On Dec 15, 2016
semasir:
See the LASU Forum link on my signature
wow its impressive it looks just like this forum. 10/10 pass mark.
Re: What Forum Software And Theme Is Nairaland Running On? by semasir: 5:05pm On Dec 15, 2016
Thanks

Iamhessteem:

wow its impressive it looks just like this forum. 10/10 pass mark.
Re: What Forum Software And Theme Is Nairaland Running On? by melvz: 8:01pm On Dec 21, 2016
Simple Machine Forum

Re: What Forum Software And Theme Is Nairaland Running On? by bomb2060: 2:10pm On Jun 19, 2017
I doubt whether Nairaland is running on SMF. But for those who want to start a forum, i will advise you to use Xenforo Forum software.
Xenforo is the leading forum software at the moment.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Forum Software And Theme Is Nairaland Running On? by bomb2060: 7:16pm On Aug 09, 2017
ezeuba:
The source code is now available. I have seen it being used on a Kenyan Forum [url]kenyanlist.org[/url]
Although it is still raw. Am not sure of the copyright issues
Re: What Forum Software And Theme Is Nairaland Running On? by SirLakes: 7:28pm On Aug 09, 2017
Nairaland runs on SMF with lots of edit and customization

1 Like

Re: What Forum Software And Theme Is Nairaland Running On? by johndik(m): 4:25pm On Aug 05, 2019
Re: What Forum Software And Theme Is Nairaland Running On? by semasir: 10:23pm On Aug 08, 2019
Need one?
johndik:
Re: What Forum Software And Theme Is Nairaland Running On? by johndik(m): 11:17pm On Aug 08, 2019
semasir:
Need one?
Already have one: http://figeria.com

(1) (Reply)

How To Use Color Psychology To Boost Your Web Design Job / Please What Does This Notification From Adsense Means. / Everything you need to know about Blogging/website + Google adsense In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.