Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,671 members, 7,955,455 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:18 AM

What Language Is Nigeria's Lingua-Franca? - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Language Is Nigeria's Lingua-Franca? (16977 Views)

Is Esu In Yoruba Language Is Bible/quran Referring As Satan / What Nigerian Language Is This / Ikwerre Language Is An Edo Dialect And Not Igbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Language Is Nigeria's Lingua-Franca? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Feb 23, 2015
Fulaman198:

You forget that you are my slave eh? That's your job. You will do whatever I say fit my 21st century slave.

Save the Advance of the British, my great Grandad would have thought his great grandpapa the real essence of African civilization ...... not some European bullshit.
lol

1 Like

Re: What Language Is Nigeria's Lingua-Franca? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Feb 23, 2015
django1:

You are very disrespectful and stwepid. From that very first post of yours I quoted all you have posted about other people have been disrespectful and I think its because you lack manners.

lol, Maccudo post.

1 Like

Re: What Language Is Nigeria's Lingua-Franca? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Feb 23, 2015
django1:

You are very disrespectful and stwepid. From that very first post of yours I quoted all you have posted about other people have been disrespectful and I think its because you lack manners.

lol, Maccudo kaado post.
You are at the wrong side of this debate.... just accept your position.

1 Like

Re: What Language Is Nigeria's Lingua-Franca? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Feb 23, 2015
django1:

Nigeria is a multi ethnic nation, with competing ethnic groups that can hardly decide on anything without ethnic bigotry and you expect them to surrender their languages and effectively their cultures to another competing group because you don't like the English men? Please be serious.

Give me one example of a multi cultural nation like Nigeria that has chosen one of its equally dominant languages over others, just one please.

I a not saying nigeria should go that path, but the three largest languages could all be made official.
And to your question, Indonesia, China, India, Iran are all good examples of countries where the majority language has official status over the rest.
In countries like Ethiopia in fact, the language of the majority is not even official, instead the language of the historically dominant group (Amharic) is

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Coronation Of Oba Abdulraheem Oladele Adeoti, Omu-aran New Monarch / What Do You Think Is The Most Famous Name In Your Tribe. / The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.