Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,686 members, 7,831,127 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

Igbo President - Name Your Choice - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo President - Name Your Choice (3650 Views)

Former Senate President Name Mentioned In $2.3b Arms Deal? Unconfirmed Reports!! / Pick Audu’s Son Or We Impeach Your Choice, Kogi Lawmakers Threaten APC / Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Working On APC Producing Second Igbo President Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo President - Name Your Choice by Eziachi: 3:16am On Jan 04, 2009
scottN:

don't u get it ?the South South is not part of d Ibos!

Ehm!!
South South like Asaba, Ikwerre, Etche, Azunmiri, Ukwa, Obigbo, Igrita Ali, Omoku, Ndokwa, Aniocha, Ibusa, Obiaruku, Umunede.
And Nzeogwu is Igbo when we talk about the coup
His town and village is not Igbo when we talk about oil, land, money or NDDC.
Great Nigerian minds!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Igbo President - Name Your Choice by Abiodun92(m): 12:11pm On Jan 04, 2009
There will never be an Igbo president. Period. lipsrsealed
Re: Igbo President - Name Your Choice by Dede1(m): 12:34pm On Jan 04, 2009
@ scottN
@ Abiodun92

I say bravo to Internet for attracting and providing convenient space to drooling nitwits to trade their stocks. The consensus presidential candidate the Yoruba people fielded has retired into obscurity or dead.

Remember that Obasanjo was not the candidate of AD party that swept the polls in the Yoruba land. But true to their color, immediately Obasnajo was elected to the office of president of the federal republic of Nigeria, Yoruba people crowned him the Alafin-Oni of Yorubaland, the only son of the soil and paramount consensus political timber and caliber of Omo Oduduwa.

We shall know them by fruits. Believe me some of these loudmouths are not disappointing us either. 

It will amount to a cardinal sin if any person of Igbo extraction who had a balanced social order above his or her shoulders would seek the office of the president of the federal republic of the jungle called Nigeria.
Re: Igbo President - Name Your Choice by Charlesmud(m): 1:41pm On Jan 04, 2009
Dede1:

It will amount to a cardinal sin if a person of Igbo extraction who had a balanced social order above his or her shoulders would seek the office of the president of the federal republic of the jungle called Nigeria.

Yes the Jungle Nigeria will become a garden of Eden if an Igbo man becomes president, well just support Yorubas to leave. so all this dream can be possible, cus so far Yorubas are still around, they will ne the next president.
Re: Igbo President - Name Your Choice by FrankC3: 5:29pm On Jan 04, 2009
Umunna, neghara nu ndia ono nkiti enwe efe a anya ma zaa ajuju nwa afo Igbo juru.

In my opinion, i thing that Dr Ken Nnamani is the right man. I love his principles and goodwill.
Re: Igbo President - Name Your Choice by Abiodun92(m): 8:30pm On Jan 04, 2009
Yes the Jungle Nigeria will become a garden of Eden if an Igbo man becomes president, well just support Yorubas to leave. so all this dream can be possible, cus so far Yorubas are still around, they will ne the next president.

I agree with you, Igbos can keep dreaming about an Igbo president ruling Nigeria, It's just impossible if we Yorubas and the Hausas are around.

I think Nigeria should be divided, maby then Igbos can have their own president. grin
Re: Igbo President - Name Your Choice by Charlesmud(m): 8:38pm On Jan 04, 2009
Abiodun92:

I agree with you, Igbos can keep dreaming about an Igbo president ruling Nigeria, It's just impossible if we Yorubas and the Hausas are around.

I think Nigeria should be divided, maby then Igbos can have their own president. grin

Biodun I don't understand why they have failed to realize this knowing the Nigeria system, Yorubas and Hausas were given this power of ruling by the British all for their benefit of exports.

Anyway support Yorubas to leave and the chances for Igbo president will be possible but if not then am afraid I can even predict the next Yoruba president which will forsure be a Yoruba president 2011 in Nigeria if Yorubas still remain in Nigeria then.

Igbos have sold this right of presidency but the common Igbo people don't see this, who is eligible that can't be bought ?
Re: Igbo President - Name Your Choice by geolabious(m): 8:41pm On Jan 04, 2009
[size=13pt]Donald Duke[/size]
Re: Igbo President - Name Your Choice by Charlesmud(m): 8:55pm On Jan 04, 2009
geolabious:

[size=13pt]Donald Duke[/size]

Why e no shout when he was told to step down for the presidential campaigne or talk when he lost the election ?

Donal Duke ko, Peter Odili ni. Duke my ass, member of the same corruption party, u sitdown there waste your time.
Re: Igbo President - Name Your Choice by BecomeRich: 8:56pm On Jan 04, 2009
ezichi, all those igbo you just name , none of them produce even a drop of kerosine. you people too are just milking the Gullible ijaw people. and i wonder how long all this wickeness would continue. Half of this ijaw's people would die of cancer and other terminal disease for the greed of some northerner buying private jet with blood money.

get us out of this blood money,
Re: Igbo President - Name Your Choice by Charlesmud(m): 9:25pm On Jan 04, 2009
BecomeRich:

ezichi, all those igbo you just name , none of them produce even a drop of kerosine. you people too are just milking the Gullible ijaw people. and i wonder how long all this wickeness would continue. Half of this ijaw's people would die of cancer and other terminal disease for the greed of some northerner buying private jet with blood money.

get us out of this blood money,

BecomeRich they have failed to see things from this perpective, instead they want us to unite with those that don't want to unite, Habrakadabra !!!, Tuafiapa ,

Waste of time, Yorubas should get out.
Re: Igbo President - Name Your Choice by Nobody: 7:20pm On Feb 04, 2009
Why do Yoruba people hate Igbos so much ?
Re: Igbo President - Name Your Choice by Nobody: 7:29pm On Feb 04, 2009
Yorubas are just some useless punks. I am not Igbo but I cant be a NIGERIAN and see one tribe hating another so much. These Yoruba people are so parochial. screaming out loud that an Igbo can never be Naija president. WHy the hell do they hate Igbos so much ? Is it envy of just hate ? Yoruba people have been southern Naija problem all these while. As we grow older we realize this. If the east had not voted OBJ the muerderer he would not have won. infact, Ekweme was the actual winner of that election. Yorubas have only proved to the world that they are nothing but bunch of hating gays,

Now for every one to know. HALF OF RIVERS STATE is IGBO and the entire rivers state is an oil field. it means the half of rivers IGBO is an oil field and this half is made up of the IKWERES, OGBA EGBEMA, AHOADA, ETCHE, PART OF OYIGBO AND PART OF ELEME. WELL BLESSED WITH LOTS OF OIL AND GAS, I AM an Ijaw before yall crucify me. I am a KALABARI-IJAW from Rivers state.

Yall need to stop the hating.

Tom
Re: Igbo President - Name Your Choice by enziga(m): 7:51pm On Feb 04, 2009
@ Yorubas are just some useless punks. I am not Igbo but I cant be a NIGERIAN and see one tribe hating another so much. These Yoruba people are so parochial. screaming out loud that an Igbo can never be Naija president. WHy the hell do they hate Igbos so much ? Is it envy of just hate ? Yoruba people have been southern Naija problem all these while. As we grow older we realize this. If the east had not voted OBJ the muerderer he would not have won. infact, Ekweme was the actual winner of that election. Yorubas have only proved to the world that they are nothing but bunch of hating gays,

My dad has said it from the beginning, btw am igbo. That igbo people are not cut out for politics, even before the British came we culdn't accept any official Eze over us. We are allergic to leadership of any form, thererfore we can't even unite under one leader. That is why igbos should concentrate on growing the economy, that is what we are good @. Moreover, show me an igbo leader that is not corrupt and i will show you the mansion he built in his village. Seriously I am of the firm belief that only an akata can rule naija faithfully, @ least we'll know that the person no get any reason 2 support any tribe, Una no gree??
Re: Igbo President - Name Your Choice by jumobi1(m): 8:07pm On Feb 04, 2009
enziga:

My dad has said it from the beginning, btw am igbo. That igbo people are not cut out for politics, even before the British came we culdn't accept any official Eze over us. We are allergic to leadership of any form, thererfore we can't even unite under one leader. That is why igbos should concentrate on growing the economy, that is what we are good @. Moreover, show me an igbo leader that is not corrupt and i will show you the mansion he built in his village. Seriously I am of the firm belief that only an akata can rule naija faithfully, @ least we'll know that the person no get any reason 2 support any tribe, Una no gree??

Tell your father he is WRONG! An Igbo man would be president. Is it the Hausa's and Yoruba's that are cut out for politics? If so, they have failed to prove so.
Re: Igbo President - Name Your Choice by asha80(m): 8:12pm On Feb 04, 2009
@enziga

Insert Quote
@ Yorubas are just some useless punks. I am not Igbo but I cant be a NIGERIAN and see one tribe hating another so much. These Yoruba people are so parochial. screaming out loud that an Igbo can never be Naija president. WHy the hell do they hate Igbos so much ? Is it envy of just hate ? Yoruba people have been southern Naija problem all these while. As we grow older we realize this. If the east had not voted OBJ the muerderer he would not have won. infact, Ekweme was the actual winner of that election. Yorubas have only proved to the world that they are nothing but bunch of hating gays,

What a funny statement.Show me the mansion Micheal okpara built for himself?You must show evidence
Re: Igbo President - Name Your Choice by enziga(m): 8:14pm On Feb 04, 2009
jumobi1:

Tell your father he is WRONG! An Igbo man would be president. Is it the Hausa's and Yoruba's that are cut out for politics? If so, they have failed to prove so.

Jumobi @ the same time, why are igbo's obsessed with being president?? Afterall we have governors who are igbo's who rule their respective states, They haven't proven to me that they can rule their states well, why should we now entrust them to rule the country??
One can make the case that neither have the yorubas/hausas shown the same but yeet they are being allowed to rule, But two wrongs don't make a right, last time i checked,
Re: Igbo President - Name Your Choice by jumobi1(m): 8:18pm On Feb 04, 2009
"The Igbos r just a difficult set. If only they could unite as one. What was wrong with Emeka Anyaoku (4give my spelling)? Ok if u guys didn't like that choice can u give me d reason and propose one candidate that will be accepted by d Igbo majority. Even the Biafra general is not accepted by all d Ibos. All the Northerners choose one leader (Yar'Adua), All the West stood behind OBJ (forget what the Afenifere said; it was just a charade), All the SS stood by Jonathan.Now u might argue that FG had some influence of which I have no doubt but still he came came out. Apart from Aguyi Ironsi (credit to Nzeogwu), have the Ibos been truly united?"

Since when were Hausa's united over Yar'Adua? What about Buhari and Atiku? What about Olu Falae in 1999? Didn't he win amongst the yorubas?
And your assumption that Yoruba's and Hausa's accept one candidate is flawed because we do not have a credible electoral process.
Re: Igbo President - Name Your Choice by enziga(m): 8:19pm On Feb 04, 2009
asha 80:

@enziga

What a funny statement.Show me the mansion Micheal okpara built for himself?You must show evidence

Even better i will show you a pic of the guy, please ppl take notice of his chubby cheeks, Is that not proof that the dude was enjoying life/?

http://images.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en&rlz=1T5GGLL_enUS271US271&q=Michael+Okpara+
Re: Igbo President - Name Your Choice by asha80(m): 8:20pm On Feb 04, 2009
Jumobi @ the same time, why are igbo's obsessed with being president?? Afterall we have governors who are igbo's who rule their respective states,  They haven't proven to me that they can rule their states well, why should we now entrust them to rule the country??
One can make the case that neither have the yorubas/hausas shown the same but yeet they are being allowed to rule,  But two wrongs don't make a right, last time i checked,

If i may ask you why are hausa/fulani view themselves as born to rule.Two wrongs do not make a right indeed.
Re: Igbo President - Name Your Choice by jumobi1(m): 8:22pm On Feb 04, 2009
enziga:

Jumobi @ the same time, why are igbo's obsessed with being president?? Afterall we have governors who are igbo's who rule their respective states,  They haven't proven to me that they can rule their states well, why should we now entrust them to rule the country??
One can make the case that neither have the yorubas/hausas shown the same but yeet they are being allowed to rule,  But two wrongs don't make a right, last time i checked,

Two wrongs don't make a right but would 3 wrongs make a right? Based on your statement, no Nigerian should be allowed to lead Nigeria then. If u say no Igbo has proven that they can rule their states well, we can also agree that no Hausa or Yoruba has. How are we obsessed with being president? Look at Nigeria's history and you will see who is obsessed with being in control on Nigeria.
Re: Igbo President - Name Your Choice by enziga(m): 8:24pm On Feb 04, 2009
asha 80:

If i may ask you why are hausa/fulani view themselves as born to rule.Two wrongs do not make a right indeed.

If Neogwu hadn't started his madness, Nigeria would have been just fine,
jumobi1:

Two wrongs don't make a right but would 3 wrongs make a right? Based on your statement, no Nigerian should be allowed to lead Nigeria then. If u say no Igbo has proven that they can rule their states well, we can also agree that no Hausa or Yoruba has. How are we obsessed with being president? Look at Nigeria's history and you will see who is obsessed with being in control on Nigeria.

And that is why i said we should go and get an akata to come and rule us,
Re: Igbo President - Name Your Choice by asha80(m): 8:26pm On Feb 04, 2009
Even better i will show you a pic of the guy, please ppl take notice of his chubby cheeks, Is that not proof that the dude was enjoying life/?

grin  cheesy  grin  cheesy  grin    Abeg ROFLMAO

So because he had chubby cheeks that means he was corrupt.What an evidence.SHOW ME HIS MANSION HE BUILT AND YOU ARE SHOWING ME HIS CHEEKS.This automatically means that any person thta has chubby cheeks is corrupt. ROFLMAO !!!
Re: Igbo President - Name Your Choice by jumobi1(m): 8:29pm On Feb 04, 2009
enziga:

I won't disagree with you but you know it is highly unlikely we have a foreign president. That would be colonization all over again. Even though it might be our best option, it won't happen based on principle. The bottom line is that Nigeria is ruled by PDP. If an Igbo man from PDP is president tomorrow, it'll make little or no difference in the lower and middle class' life. I honestly can't see any quick and peaceful solution to Nigeria's problem.
Re: Igbo President - Name Your Choice by asha80(m): 8:30pm On Feb 04, 2009

And what made nzeogwu start his madness?
Re: Igbo President - Name Your Choice by asha80(m): 8:33pm On Feb 04, 2009

Well with the statement above no need arguing with you further!
Re: Igbo President - Name Your Choice by enziga(m): 8:34pm On Feb 04, 2009
asha 80:

grin  cheesy  grin  cheesy  grin    Abeg ROFLMAO

So because he had chubby cheeks that means he was corrupt.What an evidence.SHOW ME HIS MANSION HE BUILT AND YOU ARE SHOWING ME HIS CHEEKS.This automatically means that any person thta has chubby cheeks is corrupt. ROFLMAO !!!

lmao yes i would say his cheeks ultimately make him guilty of corruption, @ a time when men were walkin with lean cheeks, he was walkin with chubby cheeks, But in all truth, michael okpara was a stand up dude so what akanu ibiam, That generation is dead, am talkin about the current crop of Naija Leaders,
But come o, why not vote these pastors into office?? Them chris Okotie them and all?? What's wrong with voting the pastors in??

asha 80:

What makes an igbo man go mad is beyond my paygrade, Even if the current regime was being corrupt, @ least things were working @ that time,  Compared to today so better to live with a lil corruption than the mindless corruption going on now,
Re: Igbo President - Name Your Choice by jumobi1(m): 8:37pm On Feb 04, 2009
asha 80:

He killed Tafawa Balewa i think.
And we can't elect a pastor because the big boys in power won't agree. Do you really believe Yar'Adua won the elcetion. Even if he did, not with that margin.
Re: Igbo President - Name Your Choice by asha80(m): 8:43pm On Feb 04, 2009
lmao yes i would say his cheeks ultimately make him guilty of corruption, @ a time when men were walkin with lean cheeks, he was walkin with chubby cheeks, But in all truth, michael okpara was a stand up dude so what akanu ibiam, That generation is dead, am talkin about the current crop of Naija Leaders,
But come o, why not vote these pastors into office?? Them chris Okotie them and all?? What's wrong with voting the pastors in??

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin What a statement

He killed Tafawa Balewa i think.
And we can't elect a pastor because the big boys in power won't agree. Do you really believe Yar'Adua won the elcetion. Even if he did, not with that margin.

Re: Igbo President - Name Your Choice by 1luvkipsus: 8:48pm On Feb 04, 2009
Chief Olusegun Obasanjo. They say he's Ibo, and if he's truely so, then he should be allowed to come back and right all the wrongs of Yar'Adua.
Re: Igbo President - Name Your Choice by mandiiee(f): 10:33pm On Feb 04, 2009
WOWWW SO MUCH "HATE" TOWARDS THE IGBOS!! ITS ABSURD, WHERE IS IT COMING FROM?? , but seriously its not a matter of where u are from , its who you are and what you are capable of doing!!, (igbozz still rule!! haha)
Re: Igbo President - Name Your Choice by naliakar: 3:48am On Feb 05, 2009
Emeka Ojukwu was the leader Nigeria never got. he would have made a fine president and there are many like him in Igbo land.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Race And Intelligence / Fct Minister Bala Mohammed Covers Up Son’s Manslaughter: / Merry Xmass From Lagos With Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.