Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,201 members, 7,835,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

My Experience Growing Up In Single Parent Family. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Experience Growing Up In Single Parent Family. (978 Views)

Why You Shouldn't Marry A Lady Raised By A Single Parent / 10 Funny Moment As A Growing Up Kid (TBT) / Did This Happen In Your Family While Growing Up? (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience Growing Up In Single Parent Family. by Nobody: 10:01pm On Feb 09, 2015
Re: My Experience Growing Up In Single Parent Family. by Nobody: 10:10pm On Feb 09, 2015
Can't really say I know how you feel but its not easy treating other people's children like your own. The good thing is that she's gone. Just hope its for good.
Re: My Experience Growing Up In Single Parent Family. by Nobody: 10:12pm On Feb 09, 2015
I have a set of cousins who grew up under a single mum. The eldest for pregnant for some bloke. Even though her case made headlines in the family and served as example, the younger would follow in her footsteps years later and got pregnant for some other guy. Of the three males, one became very rich from internet fraud, another got married as a 24-year-old to a 20-year-old. Now they are divorced. The last male is yet unmarried and never attended uni.
I was much younger when i knew this set of cousins my mum would say they suffered this fate because they had a single mother.
Re: My Experience Growing Up In Single Parent Family. by ladyju(f): 10:18pm On Feb 09, 2015
My dad died when I was 6 yrs but my mum didn't remarry, so nobody maltreated us. Though I was sent to live with an uncle....that's a story for another day
Re: My Experience Growing Up In Single Parent Family. by thorpido(m): 10:25pm On Feb 09, 2015
Una pele o.Whatever experience you may have had,you're here now.Make the best of your present and build a better future for yourself.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Growing Up In Single Parent Family. by Nobody: 10:47pm On Feb 09, 2015
One of ma ex lost d mum around 2004, though the Father wasn't so caring to the four of them, all girls.. Things got worse when he remarried in 2010. The step mum didn't help matters.. And you know it's not easy for girls to grow up without parental care..

I think it's kinda easy for single mums that are working.. They tend to have time for their Children's training
Re: My Experience Growing Up In Single Parent Family. by KanwuliaJara: 11:23pm On Feb 09, 2015
It was very SWEEEEEET o!!!!!

My mum lived down the STREET!
We had two lovely homes!!!!! grin
NO BORNING HIARRRRRRANDIA BY EITHER PARTY! cool
See competition to give us THE BEST! cheesy

My PARENTS could not stand THEMSELVES, but loved us to PIECES!!!! kiss

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Growing Up In Single Parent Family. by Nobody: 1:13am On Feb 10, 2015
Wow.
Re: My Experience Growing Up In Single Parent Family. by soulglo: 3:33am On Feb 10, 2015
If you cannot raise someone's child why marry someone who has children. The ones I find impossible to understand are those who have children of their own but yet maltreat the children of the person they claim to love. I'm glad you got through it. The thought of adults mistreating children just always makes me angry.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Growing Up In Single Parent Family. by ancashy(f): 11:29am On Feb 10, 2015
Lost dad at age 9,mum refused to remarry so we won't be maltreated,we are 5,almost 30 now,d. Last one in university,now we look back and smile,was it easy.... Some times it was hell,going hungry,not having stuffs u want and sometimes need,but all is well dat is ending well,those times give me courage now to face any situation,especially in marriage,if she could do it -I can,love dat woman to pieces,sweet mum.

(1) (Reply)

She Said They Should Quit After Paying Her Engagement Rites. / St. Ives Communications Launches Nigeria's First Women Radio Station / Am I Being A Bad Friend? Is This Betrayal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.