Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,540 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:03 AM

Why Are Some Christians So Obsessed With Islam. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Some Christians So Obsessed With Islam. (2136 Views)

Why Are Christians So Fixated On Bless Me, When Its Not Biblical? / 5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say / Why Are Christians So Naive About Judaism? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Some Christians So Obsessed With Islam. by Nobody: 10:42pm On Feb 09, 2015
Hello, I am a muslim writing about my observation on nairaland.

I am really amazed and frustrated about how some Christians have this strong obsession with Islam, you see numerous ridiculous threads, posts about Islam and muslims. Some chriatians go about posting lies , claims they never verified, they misinterprete the Qur'an changing the words to suit their liking, they speak ignorantly about Allah and His Messanger, Muhammad (pbuh). There is a guy who goes about calling Allah a moon-god, like seriously what is this about, if you people want to preach then go on and preach to people. I see nothing bad in this as long as you are civil with it, but when you resort to insulting someone else's beliefs, abusing their God and their prophet then this is uncalled for.

You will never see a muslim insulting Jesus because we see him as one of the Noble men of God, a prophet, and we believe in him as one of God's messangers. The belief in God's messangers is one of the basis of faith in Islam. Allah, in the Qur'an explicitly warned muslims not to insult other people's gods.

Qur'an 6:108
وَلَا تَسُبُّوا الَّذِينَ يَدْعُونَ مِنْ دُونِ اللَّهِ فَيَسُبُّوا اللَّهَ عَدْوًا بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ ۗ كَذَٰلِكَ زَيَّنَّا لِكُلِّ أُمَّةٍ عَمَلَهُمْ ثُمَّ إِلَىٰ رَبِّهِمْ مَرْجِعُهُمْ فَيُنَبِّئُهُمْ بِمَا كَانُوا يَعْمَلُونَ

Revile not ye those whom they call upon besides Allah, lest they out of spite revile Allah in their ignorance. Thus have We made alluring to each people its own doings. In the end will they return to their Lord, and We shall then tell them the truth of all that they did.

If you believe the path you are on is right then continue on that path, if you are sure of your own God, I do not see why as a logical human being you should go about lieing against other people's. You do not need to lie if truly you are right and why should a worshipper be obsessed with someone else's religion when he's meant to be busy serving his Lord, or is it part of the teaching of a religion to go about spreading calumnies about other beliefs. You don't change people's mind by lieing to them, save if they are gullible.

There was this guy who created a post to ask if terrorism is permitted in Islam, he opened the thread under the section named 'islam for muslims' he got his answers but when it came to a point, his fellow Christians decided to share their ignorance they term as knowledge by trying to make him see Islam as a religion that condones terrorism, the guy did not bend to their will cos he insisted their claims did not logically make sense to him, the funny thing is they said he was a muslim feigning to be Christian, lol.

There was this other peraon who said in his thread that he wanted to convert to islam, as normal individuals what these people could have done is to prove to him if their religion is the right path to follow but they kept telling him lies about islam and muslims, none of these Christians could preach to him to make their religion appealing all they did was insult islam. Some later, as usual, said he was a muslim shaming to be a Christian. I was really amazed, and I ask myself why are these people so obsessed and blinded with their hatred for islam.

If you want to advertise your brand, as a normal businessman, you make it more appealing to customers, you don't go about tainting the image of your competitors. The later is meant for losers cos if truly what you have is worth it, you won't even have the time to sully other brands, you invest your time in exploiting the strengths of what is yours. I am not saying religion is a business but I'm just trying to create an allegory.

I have seen some muslims here telling these "'Islamomaniac" Christians to preach to them the Christian faith civily. I'm even interested in this, dear preacher, pls open a thread explaining the basis of your religion to me, and see if I find it attractive you don't have to insult my God or His prophet, okay?

Thinking about it, this is why there's a section, islam for muslims, meant for muslims alone because this xenophobia is too much, but these maniacs will still find their way into this section posting all sorts of things. Do you even have time for your God? You'll hardly see a muslim open a thread insulting Christians or Christ himself, we are just too busy trying to please our Lord man! We've got no time to debase.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Christians So Obsessed With Islam. by Nobody: 11:01pm On Feb 09, 2015
U must be a fucking learner, u call dat obsession. Wen ya "prophet" raped a 9 years old grl, while he was 54 years old. Now analyse dat, if an old bastard comes for d hand in marriage of ya sister and daughter at d age of 9 wad will ya do? Ya will allow dat useless fool, even if its muhammed to do dat? I don blame ya, a foolish man dat said if ya kill for ya moon god u will ve 72 virgins and eternal e*rection. Now datz d dumbest tin ve ever heard in ma life. Muhammed(disasterbeuponhim) is false and he's rapist and a child molester. So y won't I condemn him, he's a bastard, islam is fool of pigs, and lastly, muhammed is a pig.
Empiree Rilwayne001 tartar9 tola9 Zeezahbee YourMain Abuamam
Ve bin on a low key, not until dis descendant of a pig woke me up, u better stop coming here and go to ya islam cage Seun did for ya guys to post ya nonsense.
Using dis medium to tell seun, dat dey come here to post dis nonsense and expect us to kip quiet, anytin dey see dey shld take it.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Christians So Obsessed With Islam. by vodkat: 11:03pm On Feb 09, 2015
Have u been sleeping under Olumo Rock . U dont hear of innocent ppl being killed because of Islam.

Even Babalawo and JUJU ppl religion have not resulted in death of thousands of people in Nigeria talkless of the world.

Yet they say one is barbaric and animate.

B4 the end of this week someone will be killed because of the stupid words of an arab man (so u can call me prophet) mark my words
Re: Why Are Some Christians So Obsessed With Islam. by smallrincowis16(m): 11:19pm On Feb 09, 2015
thanks.
you know when some one is under some one and he or she things those above him are worthy but want to achieve power by force, he then go for blemishing,tongue lashing and ask those stuffs in order to paint the one above black

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Christians So Obsessed With Islam. by SalC: 11:21pm On Feb 09, 2015
Hmm
Re: Why Are Some Christians So Obsessed With Islam. by Empiree: 11:24pm On Feb 09, 2015
Op, what's happening is they are simply jealous. They are devoid of insight. Good observation
Re: Why Are Some Christians So Obsessed With Islam. by Nobody: 11:27pm On Feb 09, 2015
SalC:
Hmm
guy imagine wetin d op dhe talk. Is dat person alrite. Is dis d place for islam? D pig shld go to his section and post dat shit. I see Empiree peeping dis thread, dat is d worst he can do and die in silence if not I will open a thread for dAt rapist and down grade d child molester
Re: Why Are Some Christians So Obsessed With Islam. by Nobody: 11:38pm On Feb 09, 2015
Op expain the diff between hitler and Mohammed
Re: Why Are Some Christians So Obsessed With Islam. by Nobody: 11:50pm On Feb 09, 2015
Empiree:
Op, what's happening is they are simply jealous. They are devoid of insight. Good observation
jealous of a rapist? I can never. I don't behave like a pig, muhammed was really a dirty pig, who raped a child and got away wif it. And ya calling dat pig a prophet? Disaster be upon him!
Re: Why Are Some Christians So Obsessed With Islam. by Nobody: 7:00am On Feb 10, 2015
namuH:

I am really amazed and frustrated about how some Christians have this strong obsession with Islam, you see numerous ridiculous threads, posts about Islam and muslims. Some chriatians go about posting lies , claims they never verified, they misinterprete the Qur'an changing the words to suit their liking, they speak ignorantly about Allah and His Messanger, Muhammad (pbuh). There is a guy who goes about calling Allah a moon-god, like seriously what is this about, if you people want to preach then go on and preach to people. I see nothing bad in this as long as you are civil with it, but when you resort to insulting someone else's beliefs, abusing their God and their prophet then this is uncalled for.

You will never see a muslim insulting Jesus because we see him as one of the Noble men of God, a prophet, and we believe in him as one of God's messangers. The belief in God's messangers is one of the basis of faith in Islam. Allah, in the Qur'an explicitly warned muslims not to insult other people's gods.

وَلَا تَسُبُّوا الَّذِينَ يَدْعُونَ مِنْ دُونِ اللَّهِ فَيَسُبُّوا اللَّهَ عَدْوًا بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ ۗ كَذَٰلِكَ زَيَّنَّا لِكُلِّ أُمَّةٍ عَمَلَهُمْ ثُمَّ إِلَىٰ رَبِّهِمْ مَرْجِعُهُمْ فَيُنَبِّئُهُمْ بِمَا كَانُوا يَعْمَلُونَ

Revile not ye those whom they call upon besides Allah, lest they out of spite revile Allah in their ignorance. Thus have We made alluring to each people its own doings. In the end will they return to their Lord, and We shall then tell them the truth of all that they did.

If you believe the path you are on is right then continue on that path, if you are sure of your own God, I do not see why as a logical human being you should go about lieing against other people's. You do not need to lie if truly you are right and why should a worshipper be obsessed with someone else's religion when he's meant to be busy serving his Lord, or is it part of the teaching of a religion to go about spreading calumnies about other beliefs. You don't change people's mind by lieing to them, save if they are gullible.

There was this guy who created a post to ask if terrorism is permitted in Islam, he opened the thread under the section named 'islam for muslims' he got his answers but when it came to a point, his fellow Christians decided to share their ignorance they term as knowledge by trying to make him see Islam as a religion that condones terrorism, the guy did not bend to their will cos he insisted their claims did not logically make sense to him, the funny thing is they said he was a muslim feigning to be Christian, lol.

There was this other peraon who said in his thread that he wanted to convert to islam, as normal individuals what these people could have done is to prove to him if their religion is the right path to follow but they kept telling him lies about islam and muslims, none of these Christians could preach to him to make their religion appealing all they did was insult islam. Some later, as usual, said he was a muslim shaming to be a Christian. I was really amazed, and I ask myself why are these people so obsessed and blinded with their hatred for islam.

If you want to advertise your brand, as a normal businessman, you make it more appealing to customers, you don't go about tainting the image of your competitors. The later is meant for losers cos if truly what you have is worth it, you won't even have the time to sully other brands, you invest your time in exploiting the strengths of what is yours. I am not saying religion is a business but I'm just trying to create an allegory.

I have seen some muslims here telling these "'Islamomaniac" Christians to preach to them the Christian faith civily. I'm even interested in this, dear preacher, pls open a thread explaining the basis of your religion to me, and see if I find it attractive you don't have to insult my God or His prophet, okay?

Thinking about it, this is why there's a section, islam for muslims, meant for muslims alone because this xenophobia is too much, but these maniacs will still find their way into this section posting all sorts of things. Do you even have time for your God? You'll hardly see a muslim open a thread insulting Christians or Christ himself, we are just too busy trying to please our Lord man! We've got no time to debase.
Peace my brother. I condemn any non civil discussions about Islam from my fellow Christians and sorry about that. On the other hand i also feel offended when Muslims proclaim that Jesus is nothing more than Allah's messenger. They do it in the West especially during demonstrations holding placards written *Jesus is Allah's prophet & proclaiming their centuries old desire to conquer Rome. So u see sometimes your brothers and sisters' behaviour is to blame for this. Salam
Re: Why Are Some Christians So Obsessed With Islam. by Nobody: 3:01pm On Feb 10, 2015
Papist:

Peace my brother. I condemn any non civil discussions about Islam from my fellow Christians and sorry about that. On the other hand i also feel offended when Muslims proclaim that Jesus is nothing more than Allah's messenger. They do it in the West especially during demonstrations holding placards written *Jesus is Allah's prophet & proclaiming their centuries old desire to conquer Rome. So u see sometimes your brothers and sisters' behaviour is to blame for this. Salam

Thanks for the condemnation. But you see the prophethood of the prophets in Islam is one of the basic beliefs we must have in Islam, if a person does not belief in the messangers of God, he is not a muslim, I must believe in Jesus as a prophet otherwise I am not a muslim, it's one of the pillars of islamic faith, I must believe in Adam, Enoch, David, Noah, Moses,Jonah,Jesus and other prophets as prophets, just like I believe in Muhammad as a prophet. That of their desire to
conquer Rome is what I don't know about, but any Muslim insulting other's deities is not a good muslim has he's failed to follow Allah's instruction in the Qur'an.
Peace! :-)

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Christians So Obsessed With Islam. by Nobody: 4:46pm On Feb 10, 2015
namuH:

Thanks for the condemnation. But you see the prophethood of the prophets in Islam is one of the basic beliefs we must have in Islam, if a person does not belief in the messangers of God, he is not a muslim, I must belief in Jesus as a prophet otherwise I am not a muslim, it's one of the pillars of islamic faith, I must beliefin Adam, Enoch, David, Noah, Moses,Jonah,Jesus and other prophets as prophets, just like I believe in Muhammad as a prophet. That of their desire to
conquer Rome is what I don't know about, but any Muslim insulting other's deities is not a good muslim has he's failed to follow Allah's instruction in the Qur'an.
Peace! :-)
Thanks for the polite response. God bless u and may love and peace prevail over hate.
Re: Why Are Some Christians So Obsessed With Islam. by Nobody: 4:50pm On Feb 10, 2015
Papist:

Thanks for the polite response. God bless u and may love and peace prevail over hate.
You are welcome my brother, may He bless you too, aameen.
Re: Why Are Some Christians So Obsessed With Islam. by Empiree: 2:41am On Feb 11, 2015
Papist:

He said it all:
namuH:
Thanks for the condemnation. But you see the prophethood of the prophets in Islam is one of the basic beliefs we must have in Islam, if a person does not belief in the messangers of God, he is not a muslim, I must belief in Jesus as a prophet otherwise I am not a muslim, it's one of the pillars of islamic faith, I must beliefin Adam, Enoch, David, Noah, Moses,Jonah,Jesus and other prophets as prophets, just like I believe in Muhammad as a prophet. That of their desire to
conquer Rome is what I don't know about, but any Muslim insulting other's deities is not a good muslim has he's failed to follow Allah's instruction in the Qur'an. Peace! :-)

Even sad someone quoting hadith however she wants. No regards for its sciences. Tells us she studied islam from cover to cover and that she has learned it all about Islam from Islamic scholars and found Islam to be false. I as a Muslim can't even boost i know everything about Islam needless to say a christian. She's basically copying and pasting them here. Then want to tell us Islam as we know it is not the way. That her explanation of Islam is correct. I found that jocular. You can see them here on this thread. They not gonna change.

As for Oga Papist, I hear you. Unfortunately, we just have to speak the truth. We have to say exactly about Jesus the son of Mary exactly what Quran teaches us. But we must speak with wisdom not stumping our feet over others.
Re: Why Are Some Christians So Obsessed With Islam. by fctguy: 5:41am On Feb 11, 2015
@ OP
Please kindly move your discussion to the Islam for muslin section it is the only wise thing to do.
Thanks
Re: Why Are Some Christians So Obsessed With Islam. by Nobody: 7:24am On Feb 11, 2015
Empiree:

He said it all:

Even sad someone quoting hadith however she wants. No regards for its sciences. Tells us she studied islam from cover to cover and that she has learned it all about Islam from Islamic scholars and found Islam to be false. I as a Muslim can't even boost i know everything about Islam needless to say a christian. She's basically copying and pasting them here. Then want to tell us Islam as we know it is not the way. That her explanation of Islam is correct. I found that jocular. You can see them here on this thread. They not gonna change.

As for Oga Papist, I hear you. Unfortunately, we just have to speak the truth. We have to say exactly about Jesus the son of Mary exactly what Quran teaches us. But we must speak with wisdom not stumping our feet over others.
Thanks.
Re: Why Are Some Christians So Obsessed With Islam. by Nobody: 7:26am On Feb 11, 2015
fctguy:
@ OP
Please kindly move your discussion to the Islam for muslin section it is the only wise thing to do.
Thanks
It's meant for the Christians actually.
Re: Why Are Some Christians So Obsessed With Islam. by Nobody: 7:55am On Feb 11, 2015
namuH:

It's meant for the Christians actually.
when u see Muslims kill a human being, condemn it. When u see an old fool raping a child like tola9 condemn d fool. Wen u see people committing suicide all in d name of 72 virgins like YourMain and Zeezabee and eternal e*rection condemn it. Wen u see a poor bastard marrying up to 4 wives wif no money in his hands condemn it. Wen u see terrorist group killing innocent people all in d name of a moon-god and muhammed condemn it. And stop crying fowl wen ya see all dis happening and we condemn it and den ya say we don't respect islam. If ya lil sister is given out in marriage to a bastard as old a muhammed Empiree Rilwayne001 Abuamam tartar9 and tola9 is dat d best tin to do? Destroying her future, all in d name of a pervert who wasn't able to control is lustful desires. Face reality, d Koran and hadith is shit and piss now, long as dose sex shut abt muhammed is still dere. As long as it says kill christians Jews unbelievers, den.d koran and hadith shld be thrown in d dustbin. Muhammed suckz

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Christians So Obsessed With Islam. by Maamin(m): 9:01am On Feb 11, 2015
*spreads mat*

Observing cool
Re: Why Are Some Christians So Obsessed With Islam. by Ifeann(f): 9:05am On Feb 11, 2015
namuH:

Maybe it's because ur prophet commands u Muslims to fight and subjugate christains.

Or maybe it's because christains are forced to pay the jizyah in Islamic countries or convert or die as taught by Mohammed. .

Maybe it's because islam is the manifestation of the anti christ. .

There are so many reasons why christains are unwelcoming to Islam but they love Muslims and all others asChrist commands. .
Re: Why Are Some Christians So Obsessed With Islam. by limamintruth: 2:42pm On Feb 11, 2015
smallrincowis16:
thanks.
you know when some one is under some one and he or she things those above him are worthy but want to achieve power by force, he then go for blemishing,tongue lashing and ask those stuffs in order to paint the one above black

Lol grin mr. day-dreamer, why not tell us how islam is above christianity then? cheesy

U better wake up from your pathetic slumber ok kiss

Back to the OP, many people are critical of islam these days primarily because islam is presently the greatest motivator of hate, terrorism & barbarism in the world at present.

Therefore, no matter how hard we all try to ignore islam & its associated evil, we cant cos our lives are at stake here. Islam is presently the only religion in the world that carries out forceful conversion. So tell me why non-muslims should not bash such a doctrine of hate
Re: Why Are Some Christians So Obsessed With Islam. by limamintruth: 2:54pm On Feb 11, 2015
Empiree:

Buahahahaha grin grin grin
How can a sane human being become jealous of evil, lol cheesy

We criticise islam for what it truly is, so dont blame us @op. You need to direct your blame to your quran & other islamic books that provided terrorists around the world a justification for killing non-muslims.

Any religion that is founded on 'force' is an evil cult; simple!

If not, why does islam permit the killing of ex-muslims for simply chosing to practice a new found faith other than islam? undecided
Re: Why Are Some Christians So Obsessed With Islam. by johnydon22(m): 11:24pm On Feb 11, 2015
grin

(1) (Reply)

"Holiness" Preachers And Believers AND FALSE ASSURANCE / Impossible Things God Just Did! / My Encounter With Lucifer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.