Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,383 members, 7,836,546 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Gej May Not Be A Great Leader But Buhari Is Not The Change Nigeria Needs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gej May Not Be A Great Leader But Buhari Is Not The Change Nigeria Needs (659 Views)

We've Been Having Presidents, But Buhari Is Different… Kashamu / Jonathan Didn’t Perform But Buhari Must Prove He’s A Saint – Balarabe Musa / Buhari May Find It Hard To Change Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gej May Not Be A Great Leader But Buhari Is Not The Change Nigeria Needs by hamjaf: 12:54pm On Feb 10, 2015
Please note: [/b]I am not a politician nor an fan/supporter of Buhari and Jonathan.

Jonathan may not be the president Nigeria needs as a country, lets say because he has spoken more than he did, or lets say he has a weak implementation policy, but there are some fact I think many are missing out. Is BUHARI that change Nigeria needs.

First Let us look around him to see his supporter and wings
1. AMECHI
2. TINUBU
3. KWANKOSO
4. NGIGE
If we think BUHARI is reliable, let go through his previous saying,[b] 2011 I WILL NOT CONTEST AGAIN
, but he is out again, 2011 I WILL NOT GO TO COURT, but he actually went to court. Let us not rely on someone whose saying can not be challenged because he has a reasonable numbers of person who are behind him that eventhough he wants to do good may not allow him. They are all fighting for their personal interest and not for the interest of Nigeria.

Secondly, Once a soldier always a soldier. Lets say he was brutal as the head of state because he was ruling base on decree and he was a dictator who does as he pleases. Do you think now that we are in a democratic rule under the guide of constitution, that he would be able to work effectively. Also note that he has not had any democratic ruling experience. Even though eventually he wins, we should not forget that the legislative arm is also there to check-mate him.

Another reason why I think, Buhari is not the change Nigeria needs is because, ever since he was over thrown as the Head of State, what impact has Nigerian felt from him. for example, T.Y. Danjuma even-though has never been in the position of the Head of State but I know he say a foundation that support Nigerians either directly or indirectly, Obasanjo, even after handling over as the president he went back to his Otta farm in Ogun state and Nigeria are directly or Indirectly benefiting from his farmer. But all BUHARI does is to sit, wait for election to announce his intention to contest.

CHANGE IS NOT A DAY JOB, BUT A PROCESS. Nigeria definitely needs that change we deserve as citizens of democracy, but can BUHARI give that, because I know before South Africa is where it is today there was someone that stood in gap between the government and people, can BUHARI drink the water in the river that NELSON Mandella drank from.

Another area where BUHARI is lacking is in the area of unity, BUHARI can not unity Nigeria as a country because of his sentimental character both in religion and ethnicity. He has redeemed himself from that of religion because of his selection of Yemi Osibanjo as his running mate, but has not completely redeemed himself from the ethnic unity. Let us forget the area of Islamising Nigeria, that can never happen in Nigeria. But what will happen is that he will give more power to sharia court and it will be implemented in the northern part of the country, he does not need the vice president to do that. It may not be a problem during his regime but will definitely be a problem when a christian president assume office.

Eventhough this is not an area of focus but we should realise that the Education has its own effect on leadership, many consider the fact that education has an area of important in being a president but we should always note that someone that does not place value on anything would not do it. BUHARI did not place value on knowledge. "knowing fully well that in the area of your academics you have not achieved well, nothing stops you from embarking on acquiring more knowledge to the little you have". Please note: that not that he doesn't have value for education, but all I am saying is that there are places education will speak for you and not experience. Obasanjo even at his old age went back to school, BUHARI should have done thesame and age is not a barrier, which brings me to my last point.

AGE, many says age is just a number, but all that says that should run the way they use to, or play the way they use to. It is not maturity that stops you from doing what you use to do but strength and strength diminish as age increases. What Buhari can do four year ago, he wont be able to do it now. It is a fact that BUHARI is old and Nigeria problem is too heavy for him to carry. For change to take place, Nigeria needs someone with a Jet Age Technology Thinking (JATT). The only way he can solve this is if he surround himself with young ministers who really know what technology can do in the nation's development, but that still rely on if he accept advice from young talent. Well his own cabal, supporter, and sponsor are still there to make things happen according to what they want.

Jonathan on the other hand has his own cons that makes him not to fit into the sit of Nigeria president.

Let look at the weakest president in Nigeria. GEJ got the support he needed to be the president of Nigeria in the 2011 presidential election, but why he is struggling to win the 2015 election, because he has failed Nigerians as their first ever hope for a CHANGE or FRESH AIR. But the question I ask is how has he failed Nigeria?

First, in the area security, Almost half of Nigeria budjet has gone into security sector of these country during his regime as president, but there are no outcome to show for it. A side approach "One thing I know is that if I put in my money in a business, I should be expecting its dividend or as a user of a computer program if I input something in an application, he should be able to get an outcome. The security sector has swallow money meant for the citizens of Nigeria because of Insurgence in the North East of the country. There are some question I want to ask
1. Is it that the president of Nigeria can not tackle this insurgency? If yes why haven't you tackle it & if NO why coming back to request for our vote
2. If the president knows that there are spice in his government, what is he doing about it?
3. As the president of this country, why do you think you will get the vote of people that lost their home, and community to this insurgent, if there is no compensation plan for them.
4. What is the president doing concerning the soldier at the war front? The only thing the lips can do is talk, but it is the teeth that does the biting, and if the teeth is not properly taken care of, it will fall off and the lips will continue to talk. The NSA can only talk but it is the soldier on the battle field that really does the biting and they are properly taken careoff they will all run away leaving the lips to continue talking.
This regime is the worst went it has to do with tackle the security challenges, because blood shred in this regime due to insurgency is enough for a revolution and change yet no revolution and no change. The only thing we hear from you is that we are on top of the situation and Nigerians does not want people who are on top of the situation, but someone who will actually defect the situation because your being on top does not necessarily means defecting the situation. With the level of support you gain in the 2011 presidential election, Nigerians thought by now we would be someone better than where we presently are.

Another reason why GEJ is not the change we have is because of corruption. These regime has the worst corruption case, but all went down the drainage. I respect your non interference with court cases of corruption politician, but you still have a role to play in the Judicial sector because the real corruption politician or persons believe that every court case has a way out, reason being that the judge can always be irresponsible enough to protect the image of Nigeria and prefer to protect the image of the politicians because of outside court settlement. Most court cases are delayed and later swept under the carpet. It is not only the politician/judges that are corrupt but also the civil servants and public servant. There are policies and methods that will curb this issue of corruption such as E-government, but most of them are not implemented because a theft can not give a policeman a gun to catch him if he steal neither can a competitor tell it fellow competitor his best customers. Nigerians are wiser now, if you don't work, we will show you the way out. How can a country blessed so much classify as a synonym of corruption.

Finally, You have made some promises that you can not fulfil, eventhough you spoke less during your 2011 campaign you made some promises that you are yet to fullfil. Power was one of the promises you made even when interview by CCN and you said by the end of 2014 Nigeria will have a stable power supply, well if it is about stability I think truly there is now stability, stability is our buying of fuel to turn on our generator, stability is us using the candle to lighting our houses. Yesterday's night heat was terrible that I was like he that was bath with water on bed. The Nigeria Power sector is like a basket that our countries income flows from into the corruption politician's pocket. If you don't know, Power is like an express way with service lane and the service lane are other sector of development in the country, a tared express way is a solution for power and also a solution for service lane and other sectors because every other sector relies on power for productivity. The change Nigerians want is the change that will break the cabal in the power sector and if you cant break the cabal in 6years, how sure are you that you will break it in another 4 years. Nigerians are skeptical in risking another four years without power.

Personally both Jonathan and Buhari are just incompetent to take Nigeria to the promise land, because they did not fit into the description of Moses neither do they fit into the description of Joshua. Nigerian needs someone of better understand of what it will cost him/her to delivery Nigeria to a stage flowing with milk and honey. Nigeria needs some sent by God to take us away from Egypt to the Promise Land and GMB or GEJ did not fit the description.

Buhari is Goliath that cause the Israelite to be scared and causes the isrealite to remember that they have a God that have been forgotten
Goodluck is like Saul the one rejected by God, because he failed a simple test of time and obedient
What Nigeria need is Gideon, someone who is scared and dont want to go to lead but God will equip him to lead Nigerian and will be victorious.

WHO IS NIGERIA'S GIDEON?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Message From A Serria Leonean To All Nigerians / Obasanjo To Jonathan:you Are Afraid Buhari Will Jail You. / 20 Owners Of Richest Oil Blocks In Nigeria – Their Names Will Shock You..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.