Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,531 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Why You Should Scrap "The Johnsons" For "Meet The Adebanjo's" - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Why You Should Scrap "The Johnsons" For "Meet The Adebanjo's" (4641 Views)

B/w The Johnsons And Jenifa's Diary Which One Is Your Favourite / The Johnsons-producers Run Out Of Ideas? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Scrap "The Johnsons" For "Meet The Adebanjo's" by Awesomeking: 8:34pm On Feb 10, 2015
Everything posted here is pure fact,confirmed!

1.the johnsons is so not funny,everything is pushed too hard to make it extra comical to the extent that it just makes the viewer feel like he is watching grade 2 pupils acting a play,

2.the extremely long recaps-this bothers me a lot,its like they are desperately trying to kill time,i once timed it and a recap took about 9 mins,like seriously,minus adverts and those long moments when nothing happens but you will be hearing background music,the show is about ten mins long.

3.the extremely long preview of the next week episode,like i said they are just killing time

4.the fact that the only funny person is spiff,remember those moments that the show seems boring until they show a scene of the class and spiff says something stupid and the whole family laughs,yeah,thats what i mean

5.meet the adebanjos is not only funny,its also quite informative,its a show about a nigerian family that lives abroad,the dad and mum are trying to cope with new ways of their kids at the same time trying to make them infill their african culture,its definitly the top comedy show for africa magic,and the editors should switch the shows times because meet the adebanjos which is actually funny isnt getting enough airing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Scrap "The Johnsons" For "Meet The Adebanjo's" by dominique(f): 9:31pm On Feb 10, 2015
I've seen both, not awed by either. IMO, meet the adebanjos cast try a bit too hard to be funny and there's nothing original about their punchlines-I find it so hard to laugh at any of them. I know where they're going before the episode goes halfway. The johnsons stop getting exciting after watching a couple episodes. I made a mistake of watching an omnibus. After that, never again.

I hope those two are bot the best we have to offer in terms of comedy.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Scrap "The Johnsons" For "Meet The Adebanjo's" by Awesomeking: 9:59pm On Feb 10, 2015
Dude,you are so wrong,its the johnsons who try too hard,like seriously,the father was jobless for more than 6 months and still the family fed,the kids went to school and they didnt end up on the street even though they live in a rented apartment-how is that even possible
Re: Why You Should Scrap "The Johnsons" For "Meet The Adebanjo's" by olagockay(m): 10:42pm On Feb 10, 2015
I actually prefer The Johnson's esp. dat Spiff character

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Scrap "The Johnsons" For "Meet The Adebanjo's" by homesteady(m): 11:17pm On Feb 10, 2015
Awesomeking:
Dude,you are so wrong,its the johnsons who try too hard,like seriously,the father was jobless for more than 6 months and still the family fed,the kids went to school and they didnt end up on the street even though they live in a rented apartment-how is that even possible
they are staying in his sister's house!
Re: Why You Should Scrap "The Johnsons" For "Meet The Adebanjo's" by homesteady(m): 11:19pm On Feb 10, 2015
I still prefer the Johnsons jare! Though almost all what you said is quite true!
Re: Why You Should Scrap "The Johnsons" For "Meet The Adebanjo's" by NollywoodFreak: 11:37pm On Feb 10, 2015
op are you mad? The Johnsons is the only thing that make me watch Africa Magic! Meet the Adebanjo can only make a new born baby cry.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Scrap "The Johnsons" For "Meet The Adebanjo's" by Awesomeking: 12:25am On Feb 11, 2015
homesteady:

they are staying in his sister's house!
okay if i give you my house to live in,will the house pay electricity bill,school fee's,feeding expenses??
Re: Why You Should Scrap "The Johnsons" For "Meet The Adebanjo's" by Awesomeking: 12:27am On Feb 11, 2015
NollywoodFreak:
op are you mad? The Johnsons is the only thing that make me watch Africa Magic! Meet the Adebanjo can only make a new born baby cry.
if the johnsons is the only thing that makes you watch africa magic then please dude,kindly return your decoder,because you clearly have no respect for it,what about 53 extra,jara etc..
Re: Why You Should Scrap "The Johnsons" For "Meet The Adebanjo's" by homesteady(m): 1:16am On Feb 11, 2015
Awesomeking:
okay if i give you my house to live in,will the house pay electricity bill,school fee's,feeding expenses??

he has a job now!
it was because he left his job or they sacked him, thats why he moved into his sisters house!
I can remember during that period, he even said they should start using charcoal to brush grin
Re: Why You Should Scrap "The Johnsons" For "Meet The Adebanjo's" by Awesomeking: 1:54am On Feb 11, 2015
homesteady:

he has a job now!
it was because he left his job or they sacked him, thats why he moved into his sisters house!
I can remember during that period, he even said they should start using charcoal to brush grin
if i remember correctly,i started watching the show when he was jobless and still living in the whole house,all that time,instead of searching for job,he stayed home praticing chemistry with test tube,its obvious that the show is pointless.
Re: Why You Should Scrap "The Johnsons" For "Meet The Adebanjo's" by NollywoodFreak: 9:16am On Feb 11, 2015
Awesomeking:
if the johnsons is the only thing that makes you watch africa magic then please dude,kindly return your decoder,because you clearly have no respect for it,what about 53 extra,jara etc..
Those ones are also very nice programs. I was talking about Tv series, duh!!
Re: Why You Should Scrap "The Johnsons" For "Meet The Adebanjo's" by Awesomeking: 9:56am On Feb 11, 2015
NollywoodFreak:
Those ones are also very nice programs. I was talking about Tv series, duh!!
okay dude,i am really confused sha,we got tinsel and meet the adebanjo's and the johnsons is the reason you watch africa magic,country people,make una see this guy ohcheesycheesycheesy
Re: Why You Should Scrap "The Johnsons" For "Meet The Adebanjo's" by NollywoodFreak: 12:37am On Feb 12, 2015
Awesomeking:
okay dude,i am really confused sha,we got tinsel and meet the adebanjo's and the johnsons is the reason you watch africa magic,country people,make una see this guy ohcheesycheesycheesy
Tinsel should have ended already! Meet the Adebanjo tries too hard to be funny. The Johnson's will make you laugh naturally.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Scrap "The Johnsons" For "Meet The Adebanjo's" by rubi96(f): 11:40am On Feb 18, 2015
The Johnsons became boring for me when Lucky and Emu left. Spiff is the one making it funny. those new parents are very boring
Re: Why You Should Scrap "The Johnsons" For "Meet The Adebanjo's" by homesteady(m): 12:58pm On Feb 18, 2015
rubi96:
The Johnsons became boring for me when Lucky and Emu left. Spiff is the one making it funny. those new parents are very boring

they havr not returned to their various houses up till now?
Re: Why You Should Scrap "The Johnsons" For "Meet The Adebanjo's" by rubi96(f): 2:28pm On Feb 18, 2015
homesteady:

they havr not returned to their various houses up till now?
yes and it's so annoying

(1) (Reply)

Nta Back In The Dayz / How Do I Sit In Audience Mtn Who Want's To Be A Millionaire / Central African Countries Make The Best Movies In Africa!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.