Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,678 members, 7,823,917 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

30 Feared Killed In Benue Communities By Fulani Herders - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 30 Feared Killed In Benue Communities By Fulani Herders (12052 Views)

Five Feared Killed As Dino Melaye's Protest Turns Bloody In Kogi / Female Bombers Attack Motor-Park In Adamawa, 30 Feared Dead - Premium Times / Over 100 Killed In Benue Communities, Refugee Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30 Feared Killed In Benue Communities By Fulani Herders by thewarrior72: 1:35pm On Feb 11, 2015
jorlons:

The crime is heinous no doubt but can we be rational and leave politics aside when addressing issues like this.

How is Buhari connected to this act? Is it because he shares the same ethnicity with the culprits?

The security operatives, local heads are to be held responsible for this. I don't want to believe that this is the first time an incidence of this would be happening in that community. If you find out it may have happened before but maybe not to this extent and something most probably would have caused it.

I'm a supporter of the General and this is in no way a defense of this heinous crime. But the question is what did the security operatives do to check this and what will they do to prevent another occurence. They aren't paid to seat in their offices or are they?
Buhari connections with this marauders are in many ways, 1 Buhari is the grand patron & leader of this fulani herders, secondly buhari is a fulani & formal leader of this country who has in the past represented, spoken, protected & fought in defence of these fulani impunity to their host community. What stops him from calling his boys to order?.

In my part of the divide, as a fulani herder u dare not enter into farmland cos u will be buried alive in that farm & ur cattle shared between the villagers.
Re: 30 Feared Killed In Benue Communities By Fulani Herders by Eluwilussit(m): 1:48pm On Feb 11, 2015
jorlons:

Thanks for calling me a fulani murderer but can you atleast suggest what a civillian should do against armed men.

What exactly should an aged civillian (male or female) do when attacked

If civillians should provide security for themselves then I think the police force and other security agencies should be sacked.

I'm waiting for your rational suggestions.

It is surprising that you asked that question. The armed men, are they not civilians? Let those communities arm themselves and fight. It is stupid to blame the govt for everything. This poo has been happening even before independence. Self-preservation is the first law of nature.
Re: 30 Feared Killed In Benue Communities By Fulani Herders by jorlons(m): 2:03pm On Feb 11, 2015
thewarrior72:
Buhari connections with this marauders are in many ways, 1 Buhari is the grand patron & leader of this fulani herders, secondly buhari is a fulani & formal leader of this country who has in the past represented, spoken, protected & fought in defence of these fulani impunity to their host community. What stops him from calling his boys to order?.

In my part of the divide, as a fulani herder u dare not enter into farmland cos u will be buried alive in that farm & ur cattle shared between the villagers.

Haba na Bros those are strong allegations you just leveled on the General. However, if you can point to any convincing evidence backing your claims. I'll condemn the acts.

Now don't you think the host community should take some responsibility. I mean how come 30 ppl were killed without any intervention from the security operatives.
We shouldn't have to worry about security if truly our security agencies are functional.
Re: 30 Feared Killed In Benue Communities By Fulani Herders by jorlons(m): 2:41pm On Feb 11, 2015
Eluwilussit:

It is surprising that you asked that question. The armed men, are they not civilians? Let those communities arm themselves and fight. It is stupid to blame the govt for everything. This poo has been happening even before independence. Self-preservation is the first law of nature.

Did you see the part where the eye witness said they were shooting sporadically that obviously shows that the attack was carried out with guns not machetes.

I'm wondering how those guys got their hands on the guns they used for this act. Secondly, If civilians are to start carrying guns to protect themselves what then is the function of the security agencies in that area that's what I want to know??

Nigerians shouldn't have to form vigilante groups to survive when there are agencies charged with the responsibility of providing internal security but maybe the host communities should until things actually start working in this country.
Re: 30 Feared Killed In Benue Communities By Fulani Herders by Eluwilussit(m): 3:08pm On Feb 11, 2015
jorlons:

Did you see the part where the eye witness said they were shooting sporadically that obviously shows that the attack was carried out with guns not machetes.

I'm wondering how those guys got their hands on the guns to used for this act. Secondly, If civilians are to start carrying guns to protect themselves then what then is the function of the security agencies in that area that's what I want to know??

Nigerians shouldn't have to form vigilante groups to survive when there are agencies charged with the responsibility of providing internal security but maybe the host communities should until things actually start working in this country.

In the developed world, almost everybody has a gun. It is called self-preservation. The police patrol almost everywhere but not every time. The army isn't used for day to day security.

Security is everybody's duty. If you wait for government, they can't secure everybody at the same time. The Fulani herdsmen have leaders. Those herders aren't the real owners of the herds. The real owners are businessmen. They could be talked to. The local people should know them. We should quit blaming the government for everything that goes wrong.

Re: 30 Feared Killed In Benue Communities By Fulani Herders by Alisha4U(f): 4:52pm On Feb 11, 2015
I keep asking this question, Buhari is not yet the president and they kill our people wantonly, what would they do if Buhari, the one time chairman of miyeti Allah, the lofelong patron of the fulani cattle rearers associa4dtion (ie miyeti allah), the bias supporter of the fulani people, becomes the president, hun?
he retired commodore Ebitu Ukiwe for evacuating fulani cattle sellers from Mobil road (then Maloo road), he led an entourage to the then governor of Oyo to harass him because there was a clash between fulani cattle rearers and local farmers in a village in the state, how can this kind of person be neutral in any matter concerning fulanis if he becomes the president? Hun?
i shake my head at southerners and even some middle belters supporting Buhari.
Re: 30 Feared Killed In Benue Communities By Fulani Herders by Kc3000: 9:45pm On Feb 11, 2015
My good people of the middle-belt, we feel your pain, we sincerely do. We do not mock you in these trying times, for we are not your enemy, whom by now I'm certain you have clearly identified, as he routinely raids your homes without provocation. It is the same enemy you joined in his futile attempt to exterminate us. Read the candid words of Ikemba Nnewi below and realize that you are the latest victim of an age old Islamic conspiracy. The wildlings that are wiping out entire settlements in one night are on the very same mission as Boko Haram, do not be fooled into believing that a whole village was wiped out because a farmer had an argument with some Fulani cattle rearers. This is Jihad.

[b]The Biafran struggle is, on another plane, a resistance to the Arab-Muslim expansionism, which has menaced and ravaged the African continent for twelve centuries,

Our Biafran ancestors remained immune from the Islamic contagion. From the middle years of the last century Christianity was established in our land. In this way we came to be a predominantly Christian people. We came to stand out as a non-Muslim island in a raging Islamic sea. Throughout the period of the ill-fated Nigerian experiment, the Muslims hoped to infiltrate Biafra by peaceful means and quiet propaganda, but failed. Then the late Ahmadu Bello, the Sardauna of Sokoto tried, by political and economic blackmail and terrorism, to convert Biafrans settled in Northern Nigeria to Islam. His hope was that these Biafrans of dispersion would then carry Islam to Biafra, and by so doing give the religion political control of the area. The crises, which agitated the so-called independent Nigeria from 1962, gave these aggressive proselytisers the chance to try converting us by force.

It is now evident why the fanatic Arab-Muslim states like Algeria, Egypt and the Sudan have come out openly and massively to support and aid Nigeria in her present war of genocide against us. These states see militant Arabism as a powerful instrument for attaining power in the world. Biafra is one of the few African states untainted by Islam. Therefore, to militant Arabism, Biafra is a stumbling block to their plan for controlling the whole continent. This control is fast becoming manifest in the Organization of African Unity. On the question of the Middle East, the Sudanese crisis, in the war between Nigeria and Biafra, militant Arabism has succeeded in imposing its point of view through blackmail and bluster.It has threatened African leaders and governments with inciting their Muslim minorities to rebellion if the governments adopted an independent line on these questions.
In this way an O.A.U. that has not felt itself able to discuss the genocide in the Sudan and Biafra, an O A.U. that has again and again advertised its ineptitude as a peace maker, has rushed into open condemnation of Israel over the Middle East dispute. Indeed, in recent times, by its performance, the O.A.U. might well be an organization of Arab unity.
[/b]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Biafra Anniversary: Police Arrest 10 MASSOB, BIM Members In Portharcourt / Cosmos Ndukwe Blasted Over 'Anti-Party' Activities / Retirement Hell: Why Many Nigerian Pensioners Are Denied Access To Their Pension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.