Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,264 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Breeders Please Share Your Breeding Programs - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Breeders Please Share Your Breeding Programs (3584 Views)

Vaccines Timetable! Experienced Breeders, Please Come In. / All Port Harcourt dog owners, let's meet here. / Thread For Rottweiler Lovers /breeders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breeders Please Share Your Breeding Programs by arcbay(m): 10:34am On Feb 11, 2015
Good morning fellow dog lovers and breeders alike...Been thinking of building a thread like this for long, just so we can learn from each other...I got thinking recently, especially on the errors people make in choosing a wrong breeding program, all in the name of trying out new things...Yea I agree, it's nice to try out new things but not at the detriment of certain standards...Just recently, someone here on NL mated a bullmastiff with a rottie, practices like this must be frowned upon cos it adds no value to our breeding standard here in Nigeria...Most people don't see any harm in such practices, that's because they are not aware of the long term implications attached to them. I believe YOU and I can change the system!!!

I implore all breeders and pet owners to please share their programs here so we can learn from each other...
It should include:
PURPOSE OF THE PROGRAM
METHODOLOGIES
AIMS
PROPOSED DURATION ETC
Re: Breeders Please Share Your Breeding Programs by arcbay(m): 12:18pm On Feb 11, 2015
STUD: Black and Tan GSD
BITCH: Long Haired Gold GSD

PURPOSE: A Pure strain of long Haired Slant back Gold GSD (Through repeated breeding and selective breeding)

METHODOLOGY: A stock breed from the first filia generation will be bred back into the bloodline of the gold slants, with the aim of picking a stock breed from every subsequent generation and breeding them back into the gold slant bloodlines....

AIM: A time will come when the Gold Slant will be all dominant over the Traditional black and tan coat. This implies that every litter that comes after this will appear GOLD Slanted...(PURPOSE ACHIEVED)

WHAT PROMPTED THIS: I've been on GSDs for decades now, but just only once have I come across a GOLD SLANT with the ability of reproducing an all-Gold Offsprings...It's also coupled with the idea of "wanting to try out new things"...

Please pals, all ideas are welcome, i'll particularly appreciate all criticisms as this will help me work on the motives and materials of this project...

Re: Breeders Please Share Your Breeding Programs by Prodeegee(m): 9:46pm On Feb 11, 2015
Ok...as for me, I no sabi d big grammar wey broda arcbay dey talk...lol.

Basically I breed boerboel, tho I have a great passion for straighbacks(gsd).

I reserve one female from each of my litter, they litter twice in 3years, and retire.then the daughter will pick the baton.

To me, it's breeding till I find excellence. And when I find it, maintaining it is the goal.

2 Likes

Re: Breeders Please Share Your Breeding Programs by Apitch(m): 10:28am On Feb 12, 2015
Prodeegee:
Space booking...
No book space, drop urs! We the newbies are waiting to learn
Re: Breeders Please Share Your Breeding Programs by Prodeegee(m): 10:34am On Feb 12, 2015
Apitch:

No book space, drop urs! We the newbies are waiting to learn

Lol...me sef na newbie
Re: Breeders Please Share Your Breeding Programs by Apitch(m): 10:42am On Feb 12, 2015
Prodeegee:

Lol...me sef na newbie
Tales by moonlight
Re: Breeders Please Share Your Breeding Programs by arcbay(m): 5:25pm On Feb 12, 2015
Prodeegee:
Ok...as for me, I no sabi d big grammar wey broda arcbay dey talk...lol.

Basically I breed boerboel, tho I have a great passion for straighbacks(gsd).

I reserve one female from each of my litter, they litter twice in 3years, and retire.then the daughter will pick the baton.

To me, it's breeding till I find excellence. And when I find it, maintaining it is the goal.

You dey hide your talent abi? You wey don dey mate dogs since 1902!!!
Re: Breeders Please Share Your Breeding Programs by TVmhm: 10:55am On Feb 16, 2015
Lol...nice thread o oga arcbay and oga prodeegee...me no suppose post where my ogas dey post sha ...but lemme just drop something
I actually have great passion and love for the large breeds of dogs....started of with gsd's ...but now I do boerboels ,Rottweilers and Caucasians ...
Aim :to breed dogs locally here in Lagos Nigeria to the point that I could get close to perfection and be able to match my dogs up with the world standard
And that people from other countries could come in to view or purchase them here in Lagos ..sorry for all the long talks...but the 3 breeds I mentioned have been bastardized and demoralized in physique and stature...(used to be part of them tho lol) so now I am starting to make amends and little by little we would get there...thanks
Re: Breeders Please Share Your Breeding Programs by arcbay(m): 3:07pm On Feb 16, 2015
TVmhm:
Lol...nice thread o oga arcbay and oga prodeegee...me no suppose post where my ogas dey post sha ...but lemme just drop something
I actually have great passion and love for the large breeds of dogs....started of with gsd's ...but now I do boerboels ,Rottweilers and Caucasians ...
Aim :to breed dogs locally here in Lagos Nigeria to the point that I could get close to perfection and be able to match my dogs up with the world standard
And that people from other countries could come in to view or purchase them here in Lagos ..sorry for all the long talks...but the 3 breeds I mentioned have been bastardized and demoralized in physique and stature...(used to be part of them tho lol) so now I am starting to make amends and little by little we would get there...thanks

Nice one
Re: Breeders Please Share Your Breeding Programs by TVmhm: 3:16pm On Feb 16, 2015
arcbay:

Nice one
Thanks and also for this wonderful thread as well
Re: Breeders Please Share Your Breeding Programs by Mckandre(m): 5:00pm On Feb 16, 2015
i so much love that black and tan gsd u got there. i would ve liked to contribute on this matter but m still a novice in this criteria. eheh about that gsd ,where u buy m? grin
Re: Breeders Please Share Your Breeding Programs by arcbay(m): 5:05pm On Mar 25, 2015
I introduce to you, the first filia generation of my last programme.

Meet "castro", he came into the world unaccompanied, named after cuba's "fidel castro". The good part is that he was named by his godmother, "olori smileysmiles", whatever her reasons for giving him that name, lmao.

Anyways, na so i see am o, on that fateful day, wey only castro stroll comot from inside him mama womb o...
Attached are pictures of him at birth, a week old and 2weeks.

Oh and i forgot to add...His mom doesnt want her assets to sag, so she doesnt breastfeed him, castro has been living on SMA from birth, and lest i forget, HE IS A GLUTTON, he eats twice as much as he should, too big for his age too...

Re: Breeders Please Share Your Breeding Programs by arcbay(m): 5:15pm On Mar 25, 2015
Last set of pictures were snapped at 3weeks...

Re: Breeders Please Share Your Breeding Programs by Prodeegee(m): 5:18pm On Mar 25, 2015
I'm fascinated with the way the feeding bottle is placed conveniently. Olori smileysmiles...wait o...whose olori? Hmmmmm. Anyways, it's long I heard from my......
Re: Breeders Please Share Your Breeding Programs by arcbay(m): 5:27pm On Mar 25, 2015
Prodeegee:
I'm fascinated with the way the feeding bottle is placed conveniently. Olori smileysmiles...wait o...whose olori? Hmmmmm. Anyways, it's long I heard from my......

...heard from your what? Trishap u mean? No be you dey form voltron before? The cute lady probably felt you are gay or something... grin
Re: Breeders Please Share Your Breeding Programs by Apitch(m): 5:53pm On Mar 25, 2015
Nyc one
You are the true definition of a breeder! Keep it up
Re: Breeders Please Share Your Breeding Programs by arcbay(m): 6:04pm On Mar 25, 2015
Apitch:
Nyc one
You are the true definition of a breeder! Keep it up

Thanks bro...
Re: Breeders Please Share Your Breeding Programs by Nobody: 6:39pm On Mar 25, 2015
7weeks old..

Re: Breeders Please Share Your Breeding Programs by smileysmiles(f): 9:51pm On Mar 25, 2015
arcbay:
I introduce to you, the first filia generation of my last programme.

Meet "castro", he came into the world unaccompanied, named after cuba's "fidel castro". The good part is that he was named by his godmother, "olori smileysmiles", whatever her reasons for giving him that name, lmao.

Anyways, na so i see am o, on that fateful day, wey only castro stroll comot from inside him mama womb o...
Attached are pictures of him at birth, a week old and 2weeks.

Oh and i forgot to add...His mom doesnt want her assets to sag, so she doesnt breastfeed him, castro has been living on SMA from birth, and lest i forget, HE IS A GLUTTON, he eats twice as much as he should, too big for his age too...

Suing you! Who gave you permission to post pictures angry tell me!
Re: Breeders Please Share Your Breeding Programs by arcbay(m): 11:17pm On Mar 25, 2015
smileysmiles:

Suing you! Who gave you permission to post pictures angry tell me!
OH godmother, pardon my manners....Actually forgot to seek permission before posting pictures of ur godson, so sorry. But meanwhile, he's been asking to see you o. He's angry you haven't come to see him recently.
Re: Breeders Please Share Your Breeding Programs by arcbay(m): 11:19pm On Mar 25, 2015
edochiemnonso:
7weeks old..

Please post pictures of the dam and sire, I love the albino, I don't mind adding her to my stock, is she for sale?
Re: Breeders Please Share Your Breeding Programs by smileysmiles(f): 11:35pm On Mar 25, 2015
arcbay:

OH godmother, pardon my manners....Actually forgot to seek permission before posting pictures of ur godson, so sorry. But meanwhile, he's been asking to see you o. He's angry you haven't come to see him recently.

Give him my mobile number.

1 Like

Re: Breeders Please Share Your Breeding Programs by Nobody: 6:56am On Mar 26, 2015
Broda people keep referring liver and tan gsd as albino, of which in history of gsd there is nothing close to albinoism. It's just a recessive gene coloration, which has absolutely nothing to do with it's temperament, intelligence and friendliness. Even they don't even have health issues as a result of that. Am so in love with mine. U can do your research to confirm my points. I have four liver and tan, a solid white and a black and tan pups in a litter of six pups.
arcbay:

Please post pictures of the dam and sire, I love the albino, I don't mind adding her to my stock, is she for sale?

Re: Breeders Please Share Your Breeding Programs by arcbay(m): 10:43am On Mar 26, 2015
I beg to disagree with you...

Certain breed of dogs are known to carry a gene mutation that causes albinism. Albinism in dogs is never a defect, it is a condition that results in little or no pigmentation in skin, hairs and eyes. This is caused by an absence or defect of the enzyme "tyrosinase" responsible for the synthesis of melanin pigment, which in turn is responsible for skin, eye and hair colour.

Of course it has nothing to do with temperament and all, at least not scientifically proven yet.
Where are you located? Really don't mind getting one of those kids...
Re: Breeders Please Share Your Breeding Programs by mayorall(m): 11:48am On Mar 26, 2015
arcbay:

Certain breed of dogs are known to carry a gene mutation that causes albinism. Albinism in dogs is never a defect, it is a condition that results in little or no pigmentation in skin, hairs and eyes. This is caused by an absence or defect of the enzyme "tyrosinase" responsible for the synthesis of melanin pigment, which in turn is responsible for skin, eye and hair colour.

Of course it has nothing to do with temperament and all, at least not scientifically proven yet.

Molecular biochemistry/genetics. grin
Re: Breeders Please Share Your Breeding Programs by arcbay(m): 1:34pm On Mar 26, 2015
mayorall:

Molecular biochemistry/genetics. grin

My specialty... grin
Re: Breeders Please Share Your Breeding Programs by Prodeegee(m): 4:27pm On Mar 26, 2015
arcbay:

My specialty... grin

e tun ti bere...so na you buy that caucasian pup? i suppose collect my commission o. as omo-onile
Re: Breeders Please Share Your Breeding Programs by arcbay(m): 8:22pm On Mar 26, 2015
Prodeegee:

e tun ti bere...so na you buy that caucasian pup? i suppose collect my commission o. as omo-onile
Which Caucasian pup be that? I no buy any cauc o
Re: Breeders Please Share Your Breeding Programs by Nobody: 9:59pm On Mar 26, 2015
I stay in lagos bro. 08182735394. Call me!
arcbay:

Re: Breeders Please Share Your Breeding Programs by rumenase(m): 12:38pm On Apr 29, 2017
arcbay:

My specialty... grin

great metabolite
Re: Breeders Please Share Your Breeding Programs by arcbay(m): 10:18am On May 05, 2017
rumenase:

great metabolite

Acetyl CoA!!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Dog Breeds That Looks Like A Wolf (pictures) / 10 Months Old Female Rottweiler 100% Germany Bloodline Available in pH / The Most Suitable Pet-snake.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.