Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,969 members, 7,810,683 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:17 PM

Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE - Education (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE (180886 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jan 06, 2016
masties2:

You can pay only obligatory fee before registration. Pls note you will also pay at your department too. I coughed out 10k. Not funny at all. Heard some department collect 20k

biko.... 10k for what

1 Like

Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by Prinxx(m): 3:28pm On Jan 06, 2016
Please has anyone in IRPM started the registration process? Kindly share an update so we know what's up. How much is our departmental fee
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by vickytosyn: 4:44pm On Jan 06, 2016
Can you start the registration after paying the 1st installment and in how many months are we supposed to pay the 2nd installment
duepurpose:

Just click on apply for installmental payment and comfirm your action. Then go back and view your pay advice again... it would have been segmented into 2nd and 1st installments like sample below:
PG Tuition Fee (Part-Time) (2nd Installment) Details (2015/2016)AmountStatusPG Tuition Fee (Part-Time) (2nd Installment)75,000.00TOTAL75,000.00Outstanding

PG Tuition Fee (Part-Time) (1st Installment) Details (2015/2016)AmountStatusPG Tuition Fee (Part-Time) (1st Installment)82,500.00TOTAL82,500.00Outstanding
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by mokrak(m): 6:14pm On Jan 06, 2016
I just paid online. It will take you through quickteller payment portal. I received two texts when I paid online from unilag to confirm my payment.I also downloaded my payment receipt.
I also did/filled my medical online and registration online too.5 Compulsory courses. I was also sent a text from unilag with my matric number.All took less than 30mins online.
Also got an email from unilag that henceforth I have to use my matric number to access the student portal.

1 Like

Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by rarry(m): 7:06pm On Jan 06, 2016
mbakweich:
offered admission into Environmental chemistry too. I also got a job recently and they dont allow for study leave and my working hours every week days between 8am to 5:30pm mondays tru fridays. What decision am i to take? Funding the program would be difficult without a job. And the job pays between 80k to 90k per month. If u have been in my shoes before pls tell me what best to do, as i dream of pursuing an academic career. God bless us all!
I also happen to be in your shoes, its a very tricky dilemma for me cuz I'm being transferred so far away from Lagos. Why can't life just be simple?
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by checkmateman: 7:16pm On Jan 06, 2016
mokrak:
I just paid online. It will take you through quickteller payment portal. I received two texts when I paid online from unilag to confirm my payment.I also downloaded my payment receipt.
I also did/filled my medical online and registration online too.5 Compulsory courses. I was also sent a text from unilag with my matric number.All took less than 30mins online.
Also got an email from unilag that henceforth I have to use my matric number to access the student portal.
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by checkmateman: 7:17pm On Jan 06, 2016
mokrak:

Please can you walk us through how you did the online payment and what does it mean by matric number
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by mokrak(m): 7:39pm On Jan 06, 2016
@checkmateMan from the student portal.after downloading your provional admission letter.go to pay now and click on it.you must have a debit card and be able to do online payment with it.I think u must be registered with quickteller too.it straight forward from their onward
For the matric number I was also surprised when I got it tooo.maybe it means I am a bonfide student.
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by mbakweich: 7:58pm On Jan 06, 2016
Bro what's your plan now? Am thinking about resigning so as to pursue this master once and for all.
rarry:
I also happen to be in your shoes, its a very tricky dilemma for me cuz I'm being transferred so far away from Lagos. Why can't life just be simple?
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by checkmateman: 8:18pm On Jan 06, 2016
mokrak:
@checkmateMan from the student portal.after downloading your provional admission letter.go to pay now and click on it.you must have a debit card and be able to do online payment with it.I think u must be registered with quickteller too.it straight forward from their onward
For the matric number I was also surprised when I got it tooo.maybe it means I am a bonfide student.

Thanks i've paid for both. what is left is now to print the medical form which i don't know how to download, do you have any idea?
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jan 06, 2016
its good to know that we can only pay obligatory fees and still do registration. I want to ask, if the installment payment option is chosen, is there going to be a time frame for us to pay? All MPIA students kindly reach out if you know the cost of our departmental fees. God bless.
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by masties2(f): 9:31pm On Jan 06, 2016
checkmateman:

Thanks i've paid for both. what is left is now to print the medical form which i don't know how to download, do you have any idea?

Click on course registration. You will be told to fill your medical form. Thats it. Click on it
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by masties2(f): 9:38pm On Jan 06, 2016
mbakweich:
Bro what's your plan now? Am thinking about resigning so as to pursue this master once and for all.

Have you thought of deferring your admission after paying the obligatory fee or better still change to part time? I really would not advice you to resign from a job that pays well. The labour market is over saturated and there is no late comer when it comes to masters. You could even try to do online masters. Give it a thought. I wish you the best.

1 Like

Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by duepurpose: 9:48pm On Jan 06, 2016
vickytosyn:
Can you start the registration after paying the 1st installment and in how many months are we supposed to pay the 2nd installment
You are free to start registration after 1st Installment and of course the obligatory fees. I'm not sure when d second installment is expected, but I think it should be at the beginning of second semester.
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by vickytosyn: 10:38pm On Jan 06, 2016
Thank you
duepurpose:

You are free to start registration after 1st Installment and of course the obligatory fees. I'm not sure when d second installment is expected, but I think it should be at the beginning of second semester.
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by braine(m): 10:47pm On Jan 06, 2016
masties2:

Have you thought of deferring your admission after paying the obligatory fee or better still change to part time? I really would not advice you to resign from a job that pays well. The labour market is over saturated and there is no late comer when it comes to masters. You could even try to do online masters. Give it a thought. I wish you the best.

Seconded! Resigning wouldn't be an option if I were in his shoes.
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by jideissa: 5:32am On Jan 07, 2016
braine:

Seconded! Resigning wouldn't be an option if I were in his shoes.
what if someone is collecting peanut?i.e 15k per month and got admitted can he or she resign?

1 Like

Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by lopzy(f): 6:30am On Jan 07, 2016
You can combine if its comfortable or resign if it isn't. Its best to for a flexible job
jideissa:
what if someone is collecting peanut?i.e 15k per month and got admitted can he or she resign?
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by lopzy(f): 7:29am On Jan 07, 2016
I would like to be sure if I can proceed with registration once I have paid the obligatory fees. Also Must all the copies to be submitted me printed in coloured format?
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by stalyf(m): 7:39am On Jan 07, 2016
lopzy:
I would like to be sure if I can proceed with registration once I have paid the obligatory fees. Also Must all the copies to be submitted me printed in coloured format?

Yes, you can proceed with registration once you have paid the obligatory fees
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by braine(m): 7:40am On Jan 07, 2016
jideissa:

And who will take a 15k job over masters admission? I'm talking about a beta job jor.

1 Like

Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by stalyf(m): 8:20am On Jan 07, 2016
Where are the Environmental Management people?
Let us meet on the WhatsApp group. Beep 08171901960 to be added
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by jideissa: 8:29am On Jan 07, 2016
lopzy:
You can combine if its comfortable or resign if it isn't. Its best to for a flexible job
tnx.i will try to combine it or i resign and face my masters programme.tnx once again for d advice

1 Like

Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by jideissa: 8:32am On Jan 07, 2016
braine:

And who will take a 15k job over masters admission? I'm talking about a beta job jor.
that is my salary for now.i am even thinking of combining d two or resign and face my masters programme.tnx very much i appreciate it.
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by checkmateman: 8:48am On Jan 07, 2016
masties2:

Click on course registration. You will be told to fill your medical form. Thats it. Click on it

Okay I've already fill the medical form, what am confused about is that it says download medical form on unilag website but no where to download.
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by stalyf(m): 8:53am On Jan 07, 2016
jideissa:
that is my salary for now.i am even thinking of combining d two or resign and face my masters programme.tnx very much i appreciate it.

You should combine the two in my own opinion
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by dybaba(m): 9:20am On Jan 07, 2016
Please guys my transcript hasn't gotten to PG school yet, can i still go ahead with payments and registration?
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by braine(m): 9:27am On Jan 07, 2016
jideissa:

You can combine sha, if you don't have any other means of funding.
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by jideissa: 9:27am On Jan 07, 2016
stalyf:

You should combine the two in my own opinion
tnx i will try.but i'm thinking on how to inform my boss.may be i should just drop my admission letter on her table on monday when i resume work or what do u think?
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by jideissa: 9:30am On Jan 07, 2016
braine:

You can combine sha, if you don't have any other means of funding.
will try.tnx bro
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by mokrak(m): 9:42am On Jan 07, 2016
Since last night I have been unable to log in to my student account.is it a general problem or just me.showing service runtime error
Re: Unilag PG 2015/2016 ADMISSION DISCUSSION HERE by stalyf(m): 10:01am On Jan 07, 2016
jideissa:
tnx i will try.but i'm thinking on how to inform my boss.may be i should just drop my admission letter on her table on monday when i resume work or what do u think?

Be matured about it. Every reasonable boss should want the progress of his staff. You could send him a text over the weekend that you want to discuss something relating to your future with him, so he can use his elderly experience to advise you.

That would make him feel more like he is being carried along.
Then on Monday, tell him you have gotten admission and you plan combining the two, that it wont affect your dedication to the work.

That was what i did and my boss was totally in support. He has even given me time off to go for my registration

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (109) (Reply)

Oou 2015/2016 Admission / Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities / LASPOTECH CHAT ROOM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.