Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,808 members, 7,817,346 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Amampor Intervew With GMB And GEJ (video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amampor Intervew With GMB And GEJ (video) (1843 Views)

FLASH: The Otuoke Water Project Was Built By GEJ -video / The People That Ran Buhari's Media Campaign Pictured With GMB / Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amampor Intervew With GMB And GEJ (video) by XketchDesigns(m): 11:03pm On Feb 11, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Amampor Intervew With GMB And GEJ (video) by XketchDesigns(m): 11:03pm On Feb 11, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amampor Intervew With GMB And GEJ (video) by StunningCEO: 11:15pm On Feb 11, 2015
jona looks dumb as usual but Buhari looks in control. one is a follower n anoder is a leader. one is plannin to fight corruptn with tech n anoder will fight corruptn by leadership, law + example. Etcetera etcetera. vote d pipuls general.

3 Likes

Re: Amampor Intervew With GMB And GEJ (video) by Ikengawo: 11:16pm On Feb 11, 2015
Save

Re: Amampor Intervew With GMB And GEJ (video) by Nobody: 11:21pm On Feb 11, 2015
OP Actually both of them did well but not excellently
Re: Amampor Intervew With GMB And GEJ (video) by Ikengawo: 11:24pm On Feb 11, 2015
^Now Loading Lie
Re: Amampor Intervew With GMB And GEJ (video) by Ikengawo: 11:25pm On Feb 11, 2015

1 Like

Re: Amampor Intervew With GMB And GEJ (video) by XketchDesigns(m): 11:28pm On Feb 11, 2015
Ikengawo:
^Now Loading Lie

Oga, easy with the campaign. Discuss the interview.

1 Like

Re: Amampor Intervew With GMB And GEJ (video) by Ikengawo: 11:31pm On Feb 11, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Amampor Intervew With GMB And GEJ (video) by Ikengawo: 11:33pm On Feb 11, 2015

1 Like

Re: Amampor Intervew With GMB And GEJ (video) by PhockPhockMan: 11:34pm On Feb 11, 2015
StunningCEO:
jona looks dumb as usual but Buhari looks in control. one is a follower n anoder is a leader. one is plannin to fight corruptn with tech n anoder will fight corruptn by leadership, law + example. Etcetera etcetera. vote d pipuls general.
Keep ranting.

3 Likes

Re: Amampor Intervew With GMB And GEJ (video) by Ikengawo: 11:36pm On Feb 11, 2015
[img]http://www.bdlive.co.za/incoming/2012/12/17/car-sales-automotive-Bleep.jpg/ALTERNATES/crop_400x250/car+sales+automotive+Bleep.jpg[/img]

Nigeria joins race to expand motor industry

[img]http://2.bp..com/-KuqBxpAue0c/U4iL2nHkEJI/AAAAAAAAFJI/pdkLQ0gW-ng/s1600/PIC+3a+DEMOCRACY+DAY.jpg[/img]
HAVING been overtaken by Nigeria as Africa’s biggest economy, SA now faces the prospect of its rival also replacing it as the hub of Africa’s motor industry.

With three major international brands already building their vehicles there and at least 20 more waiting in the wings, Nigeria believes it has the capacity to become an important global producer of vehicles and components. And SA is among the countries helping it pursue the dream.

Until now, SA has dominated the African car scene. It expects to build nearly 600,000 vehicles this year and clings to its dream of increasing this to 1.2-million by 2020.

Apart from Morocco, the site for a Renault factory that will eventually have capacity of 400,000 vehicles, the rest of the continent has attracted little interest. Egypt, one of the bigger non-South African producers, built just over 39,000 vehicles last year.

But now Nigeria has decided it wants a piece of the action. It already has capacity for more than 100,000 trucks and buses but this is shared among a dozen companies.

More important, multinational motor companies want to develop Nigeria. It is at the heart of a rapidly expanding West African economic region that includes Ghana and Senegal. It is also closer than SA to large parts of East and central Africa.

With a growing middle class already about 40-million strong, Nigeria’s potential annual new-car market could be as high as 1-million, says Aminu Jalal, director-general of Nigeria’s National Automotive Council. Instead, it sits at about 40,000 in a market dominated by used vehicles. It is estimated that last year, Nigerians bought about 400,000 imported used cars. Traceable annual spending on vehicle imports is more than R35bn, making it the second-biggest user of foreign exchange, Mr Jalal says.

This is not the first time Nigeria has tried to create a motor industry. Local firms started assembling vehicle kits in the 1960s, but the industry progressed in fits and starts. The federal government set up state-owned plants in the 1970s and 1980s but also failed to make an impression.

Reasons included ad hoc automotive policy and Nigeria’s own economic malaise at the time. Lack of support from multinationals did not help. Then, they concentrated manufacturing resources in their home countries and other mature markets. It is only in the last 20 years that they have bulk-shifted production to emerging economies such as China, India and Brazil.

Now that Africa is, as Nissan SA MD Mike Whitfield puts it, the world’s "last untapped frontier" for car makers, they are moving to the continent as well. Nigeria promises a "large and trainable workforce". Potential investors, fed up with SA’s intolerable strike record, will also expect reliability.

Nissan, Peugeot and Hyundai have all begun Nigerian assembly in 2014. Renault and Kia are expected to join them by year-end. Ford, Tata, Toyota and Volkswagen are conducting feasibility studies, Mr Jalal says. All told, "23 companies have signed commitments with technical partners to assemble cars, sports utility vehicles, minibuses, pick-up trucks, buses and trucks".

In the US, says Mr Whitfield, there are 800 vehicles for every 1,000 people. In SA, it is 160 and in Nigeria 31. With a population of more than 1-billion, a middle class forecast to grow from 300-million to 500-million by 2020 and consumer spend from $800bn to $1.5-trillion by 2016, Africa’s potential for vehicle growth is phenomenal. In the next two years alone, the new-car market is expected to grow 24%.

In principle, there is room for two sub-Saharan motor industry hubs, in Nigeria and SA. Since 1995, under first the Motor Industry Development Programme (MIDP) and now the Automotive Production Development Programme, SA’s industry has developed from an inefficient, sanctions-busting entity into one approaching world-class.

Nigeria wants to learn from that experience. Alec Erwin, who implemented the MIDP as SA’s trade and industry minister from 1996 to 2004, has been advising Nigeria on following a similar path. The country’s Automotive Industry Plan owes much to South African policies. The plan is a cornerstone of Nigeria’s Industrial Revolution Plan which, introduced in 2012, is intended to almost double manufacturing industry’s GDP contribution from 7% to more than 13% by 2017.

Nissan SA and its local suppliers are providing components to the brand’s Nigerian plant. Other South African motor companies are likely to follow suit once their overseas principals begin building there.

Mr Jalal says Nigeria will eventually produce its own components. Its government has already identified sites for supplier parks and hopes to become self-sufficient from 2017. Universities and colleges have begun offering automotive engineering and related qualifications.

Brazil, the automotive hub of South America, which started small and now builds nearly 4-million vehicles a year, is also offering advice.

http://www.bdlive.co.za/africa/africanbusiness/2014/10/27/nigeria-joins-race-to-expand-motor-industry
Re: Amampor Intervew With GMB And GEJ (video) by waternogetemeny: 11:38pm On Feb 11, 2015
GEJ IS TRUILY MORE THAN JUST WORDS. HIS WORK IS CLEARLY EVIDENT FOR ALL TO SEE.

THANKS FOR THE COLOURFUL PICS MY DEAR BROTHER IKENGAWO

THAT OUR PRESIDENT IS HUMBLE IS NOT A CRIME AND APC E-RATS MUST DESIST FROM THE ABUSE OF OUR PRESIDENT.

3 Likes

Re: Amampor Intervew With GMB And GEJ (video) by XketchDesigns(m): 11:41pm On Feb 11, 2015
barcanista:
OP Actually both of them did well but not excellently
I disagree on that. On a previous thread I read where people commended the general and said he spoke well and filled with praise. but after watching it, to be honest I was a bit let down.

GEJ own was a total disaster. I don't know if he has improved, couldn't find the media chat.

1 Like

Re: Amampor Intervew With GMB And GEJ (video) by Nobody: 11:44pm On Feb 11, 2015
XketchDesigns:

I disagree on that. On a previous thread I read where people commended the general and said he spoke well and filled with praise. but after watching it, to be honest I was a bit let down.

GEJ own was a total disaster. I don't know if he has improved, couldn't find the media chat.
Whenever I listen or watch people, I empty my perception so that nothing will influence my judgement. Jonathan and Buhari did well to be honest. But I will like you to point out where they flopped
Re: Amampor Intervew With GMB And GEJ (video) by Ikengawo: 12:12am On Feb 12, 2015
waternogetemeny:
GEJ IS TRUILY MORE THAN JUST WORDS. HIS WORK IS CLEARLY EVIDENT FOR ALL TO SEE.

THANKS FOR THE COLOURFUL PICS MY DEAR BROTHER IKENGAWO

THAT OUR PRESIDENT IS HUMBLE IS NOT A CRIME AND APC E-RATS MUST DESIST FROM THE ABUSE OF OUR PRESIDENT.

It's all appreciated, have a great day!
Re: Amampor Intervew With GMB And GEJ (video) by iboboyswag(m): 12:30am On Feb 12, 2015
liar liar...... ask any Nigerian on the street of Lagos or Abuja, they will tell you that they are happy with the power(electricity) situation in the country

Biggest FABU!!!
Re: Amampor Intervew With GMB And GEJ (video) by iboboyswag(m): 12:36am On Feb 12, 2015
Ha!!! I see a man who knows nothing about taking responsibility.

the crude oil that is being stolen from Nigeria is refined abroad, it is not refined in Nigeria - Goodluck Jonathan

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Gov. Fashola Inspects Upgraded Facilities At Nigeria Conservation. / Buhari Obtained A Masters Degree In 1980 / Photo – Prof Osinbajo’s First Stop In Kabba, Kogi State – The King’s Palace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.