Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,850 members, 7,817,517 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

Rescuing Nigerian Children From Witchcraft Accusation - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rescuing Nigerian Children From Witchcraft Accusation (13226 Views)

Girl & Her Aunt Tortured By Elders In Akwa Ibom Over Witchcraft Accusation (Pic) / Little Child Tortured For Days Over Witchcraft Accusation (Photos) / Houseboy In Edo Tortured Over Witchcraft Accusation (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rescuing Nigerian Children From Witchcraft Accusation by kennosklint(m): 12:09pm On Feb 12, 2015
we dont knw dem here in akure
Re: Rescuing Nigerian Children From Witchcraft Accusation by bebe2(f): 12:09pm On Feb 12, 2015
It's mainly an African thing,

All vulnerable pple are witches, e.g children the old, the disabled and the poor.

Folks just can't reason sad

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rescuing Nigerian Children From Witchcraft Accusation by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:09pm On Feb 12, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Joan D' Arc is not exactly a good example.....some politics may have been involved .

And she was not burnt at the stake for witchcraft....heresy and cross dressing were the causus belli.

Plus, Catholics (and I am not one BTW)...were less likely to burn people at the stake for witchcraft than Protestants. Infact the Spanish Inquisition virtually outlawed burnings for witchcraft in its jurisdiction....believing that it was ''fake''.

A good example of we Christians misbehaving in the witchcraft things is the Salem trials....and no one was burnt.

Oya i just used the pic to demonstrate a witch burning by christians.

Google is your friend. There are millions of other common people who lost their lives at the hands of this evil belief system.

Whatever the reason she was burned for, it doesnt change the fact that christians burnt many people on the stake in much the same way as Ms. Joan on charges of witchcraft.

Stop trying to defend this bullshyt religion at all times. We both know you have an agenda!

Salem witch trials didnt result on killing of socalled witches abi?

And btw stop trying to defend the Spanish inquisition. THAT WAS A KILLING MACHINE. Forced conversions , summary executions etc were all part and parcel of it. IT was the Al Qaeda / Taliban of the medieval era.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rescuing Nigerian Children From Witchcraft Accusation by hiyahnuh(m): 12:12pm On Feb 12, 2015
[b][/b]if such children is noticed, the best thing is to take the child to deliverance.
Re: Rescuing Nigerian Children From Witchcraft Accusation by free2ryhme: 12:13pm On Feb 12, 2015
angry angry

The federal and state government are quite aware of this barbaric accusations and ill-treatment of some of Nigerian children who found themselves in such a precarious position, but what are they doing about it. Has Usen Okon and other children gotten justice? Was his auntie arrested and prosecuted for the heinous and evil act she committed against a young child. Nigerians should wake from their barbaric mentality of blaming their laziness on witchcraft. I expect Nigerians to troop in and make just comments here, but the reverse is the case. We live in a dark society that refuse to wake up and move forward; instead, they continue to live a retrogressive, non-productive, evil, and criminal lives

3 Likes

Re: Rescuing Nigerian Children From Witchcraft Accusation by bebe2(f): 12:14pm On Feb 12, 2015
Redoil:
Inasmuch i am against the beating and touture of people who are called witches ishilove, if you have the opportunity to hear what the evil and wicked deeds this children witches commit and are confessing you will shed tears uncontrolably for 365 days. Though a lot of people who have never come in contact with their evil and wicked deeds will just wave any discussion about them with their hand. Children witches are very distructive to the extent that if i am having the opportunity i will pass a law among all the evil coven arround the world to up there ante and only allow people above the age of 20years to join them.
If you know that children witches is not a joke to be taking lightly share my post.

Ok why is it only black african children dat are the si called witches?

Pple need to take responsibility for their own actions and stop blamin others for their own misfortune.

5 Likes

Re: Rescuing Nigerian Children From Witchcraft Accusation by Nobody: 12:17pm On Feb 12, 2015
PAGAN9JA:

Google is your friend. There are millions of other common people who lost their lives at the hands of this evil belief system.

I am aware of the history of witch burnings....the book ''For the Glory of God'' by Stark...gives a good breakdown of the history of the ''witch burning phenonenom''.

As a Christian myself....I am aware of the less than savoury aspects of Christian history.

Still....Catholics were more likely to burn heretics than witches.
Re: Rescuing Nigerian Children From Witchcraft Accusation by Redoil: 12:19pm On Feb 12, 2015
angelo5uk:

What's this one saying. My friend grow up. If your life is miserable don't put the blame on other people but yourself. Especially kids plz
why the insult and how old are you.
Re: Rescuing Nigerian Children From Witchcraft Accusation by delishpot: 12:20pm On Feb 12, 2015
Redoil:
Inasmuch i am against the beating and touture of people who are called witches ishilove, if you have the opportunity to hear what the evil and wicked deeds this children witches commit and are confessing you will shed tears uncontrolably for 365 days. Though a lot of people who have never come in contact with their evil and wicked deeds will just wave any discussion about them with their hand. Children witches are very distructive to the extent that if i am having the opportunity i will pass a law among all the evil coven arround the world to up there ante and only allow people above the age of 20years to join them.
If you know that children witches is not a joke to be taking lightly share my post.

All this because you were lucky not to be tagged as one ba? Just as if a white man says though he is against killing or hurting black people, but, not allowing blacks into white communities is good because he has heard or seen what some black men have done to white people? Its easy to say stuff if you are not affected by it.

1 Like

Re: Rescuing Nigerian Children From Witchcraft Accusation by GodMode: 12:21pm On Feb 12, 2015
bushdoc9919:

I am aware of the history of witch burnings....the book ''For the Glory of God'' by Stark...gives a good breakdown of the history of the ''witch burning phenonenom''.

As a Christian myself....I am aware of the less than savoury aspects of Christian history.

We are humans not religious bigots...
Re: Rescuing Nigerian Children From Witchcraft Accusation by Redoil: 12:21pm On Feb 12, 2015
delishpot:

All this because you were lucky not to be tagged as one ba? Just as if a white man says though he is against killing or hurting black people, but, not allowing blacks into white communities is good because he has heard or seen what some black men have done to white people? Its easy to say stuff if you are not affected by it.
it is well
Re: Rescuing Nigerian Children From Witchcraft Accusation by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:22pm On Feb 12, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Catholics were more likely to cause forced conversiond and hypocrisy.
Re: Rescuing Nigerian Children From Witchcraft Accusation by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 12:22pm On Feb 12, 2015
Redoil:
i dont believe in witches and things like that,can you accuse Dangote's child of being a witch.POVERTY

4 Likes

Re: Rescuing Nigerian Children From Witchcraft Accusation by Redoil: 12:24pm On Feb 12, 2015
mkpakanaodogwu:
i dont believe in witches and things like that,can you accuse Dangote's child of being a witch.POVERTY
it is well
Re: Rescuing Nigerian Children From Witchcraft Accusation by Agbalanze(m): 12:24pm On Feb 12, 2015
Microflux:

Please, this plot of land is how much?? grin grin
Re: Rescuing Nigerian Children From Witchcraft Accusation by Nobody: 12:24pm On Feb 12, 2015
Now on to the topic...

The problem has to do with the craving for instant solutions to problems. With the way thigs are in this country....people are tired and suffering. So, when a child behaves ''irrationally'''...a hard pressed parent is most likely to head for the quick fix church...than to learn how to discipline the child.

As an example...someone told my mum that she wanted to take her three children for deliverance...that they were too stubborn. My mum told me something of the behavior of these children....and to me(and my mum as well) those children needed boundaries....and discipline not deliveriance. But...in Nigeria there are no resources for teaching parents how to discipline their children. Abroad...you have the books, classes, etc. In Nigeria....you have the means of fear. Very easy to resort to.....especially by parents who are under a lot of stress and pressure.

I guess we need more child psychologists to work out solutions for the Nigerian setting. We also need policies that would help Nigerian parents provide a safe and healthy environment for their children. Not deliverance and more deliverance.

6 Likes

Re: Rescuing Nigerian Children From Witchcraft Accusation by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:25pm On Feb 12, 2015
bushdoc9919:

I modified my writeup.
Re: Rescuing Nigerian Children From Witchcraft Accusation by Nobody: 12:26pm On Feb 12, 2015
GodMode:

We are humans not religious bigots...

Yes...but humans do not need to be religious to do the wrong things.

The other day...an elderly man shot dead a teenager for playing loud music. No religion involved.(Man is now in jail).
Re: Rescuing Nigerian Children From Witchcraft Accusation by Bawss1(m): 12:28pm On Feb 12, 2015
Redoil:

Suspicious comment. Do you beat children?
Re: Rescuing Nigerian Children From Witchcraft Accusation by Guyman02: 12:28pm On Feb 12, 2015
How come no child witch has ever being cut at Akwa Ibom State Govt House? Abi na only poor people witch dey follow?

1 Like

Re: Rescuing Nigerian Children From Witchcraft Accusation by Nobody: 12:28pm On Feb 12, 2015
PAGAN9JA:

I modified my writeup.

Saw the modification ...and yes...that did happen.

But that falls under religious history...a long topic for another day.
Re: Rescuing Nigerian Children From Witchcraft Accusation by Nobody: 12:30pm On Feb 12, 2015
Redoil:

No wonder pastors are reaping heavily everywhere in Nigeria.

Children witches ko, Adult wizards ni.

4 Likes

Re: Rescuing Nigerian Children From Witchcraft Accusation by honvalid(m): 12:30pm On Feb 12, 2015
I think we are no longer in the era of giving children to people for up bringing.all parent should endevour to take care of their child ren as they are empowered.May God continue to save our children.
Re: Rescuing Nigerian Children From Witchcraft Accusation by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:30pm On Feb 12, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Saw the modification ...and yes...that did happen.

But that falls under religious history...a long topic for another day.

Okay.
Re: Rescuing Nigerian Children From Witchcraft Accusation by Nobody: 12:31pm On Feb 12, 2015
PAGAN9JA:

Whatever the reason she was burned for, it doesnt change the fact that christians burnt many people on the stake in much the same way as Ms. Joan on charges of witchcraft.

Stop trying to defend this bullshyt religion at all times. We both know you have an agenda!

Salem witch trials didnt result on killing of socalled witches abi?

And btw stop trying to defend the Spanish inquisition. THAT WAS A KILLING MACHINE. Forced conversions , summary executions etc were all part and parcel of it. IT was the Al Qaeda / Taliban of the medieval era.

Ah no...I am not defending the Spanish inquisition. I just point out that on witches....even they took a rather sceptical view.

One of them even went as far as to say witches did not exist!

No agenda btw....
Re: Rescuing Nigerian Children From Witchcraft Accusation by GodMode: 12:36pm On Feb 12, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Yes...but humans do not need to be religious to do the wrong things.

The other day...an elderly man shot dead a teenager for playing loud music. No religion involved.(Man is now in jail).

Religion is involved...
Religion says respect your elders and if dis-respected discipline the dis-obedient youngster..

WHILE

common sense says tell the youngster to reduce and if dis-respected call the police or change your location or tolerate the noise for the time being..

People die over stupid things...
Re: Rescuing Nigerian Children From Witchcraft Accusation by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:36pm On Feb 12, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Ah no...I am not defending the Spanish inquisition. I just point out that on witches....even they took a rather sceptical view.

One of them even went as far as to say witches did not exist!

No agenda btw....

They did conduct the witch trials in Basque Country though.

Okay.
Re: Rescuing Nigerian Children From Witchcraft Accusation by Timoleon(m): 12:38pm On Feb 12, 2015
bushdoc9919:

how much difference is it between a witch and a heretic to the catholic?

1 Like

Re: Rescuing Nigerian Children From Witchcraft Accusation by xdos(m): 12:39pm On Feb 12, 2015
The truth is that you dont hear abt these witchcraft accusations amongst the children of the high and mighty... It can only be heard in the dwellings of the poor...
Itz purely poverty mentality.. undecided

1 Like

Re: Rescuing Nigerian Children From Witchcraft Accusation by Nobody: 12:39pm On Feb 12, 2015
Agbalanze:

Please, this plot of land is how much?? grin grin
100 naira only.
Re: Rescuing Nigerian Children From Witchcraft Accusation by Nobody: 12:39pm On Feb 12, 2015
GodMode:

Religion is involved...
Religion says respect your elders and if dis-respected discipline the dis-obedient youngster..

WHILE

common sense says tell the youngster to reduce and if dis-respected call the police or change your location or tolerate the noise for the time being..

People die over stupid things...

There is a lot to be said for respecting elders.

But this article by the op is largely about elders who do not have the resources to discipline their children adequately...and who as a result of the bad behavior...rush for quick fix solutions offered by quick fix Christians.

(One thing about Christianity....it is not a religion of quick fixes.).
Re: Rescuing Nigerian Children From Witchcraft Accusation by Sugarpeaches(f): 12:41pm On Feb 12, 2015
I see some of them roaming about here in calabar, around Marian and eta agbor . And I jus bcom sad, dis children sleep and eat on d streets and are exposed to hazards. Some Of dem become hardened criminals while som of de gals go to flourmill where dey prostitute,underaged girls! saw a couple of lil gals the other day and one of dem was scattering a nearby refuse dump n I asked her to stop dat n she said no,I asked her why, den she asked me if I was goin 2 give her food dat she was checkin if she wul find somtin to eat in d dirts , n I asked if she wul stop if I gave her food, she agreed, so I got somtin 4 her n d other gals. Believe me dose pple are wonderful,dey are jus not lucky like some of us with caring parents or guardians. They shul be other ways to handled accused children Dan sending dem to the streets or torturing dem. How about a mass deliverance program for dem or somtin else !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Juju For Incurable Sickness, Badluck & Madness For Enemies / Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven / Traditional Monotheism-The Yoruba example

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.