Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,359 members, 7,815,761 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

Did God Speak To Me? Question For All. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did God Speak To Me? Question For All. (2354 Views)

How Do You Reply To The "Did You Pray For Me" Question / Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin / Why Did God "Kill" 42 Lads Merely For Saying Elisha Was Bald? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did God Speak To Me? Question For All. by alienvirus: 7:54am On Feb 12, 2015
1. I was sitting on my couch when a thought came to me that I should help my neighbour. He last his job few months ago. Did God speak to me or mere thought?

2. I decided to call a friend I had issue with when I was in higher institution. He was somewhat happy when he heard my voice and thanked me. Did God talk to me to call a friend?

3. I heard a man preaching in a nearby mosque as early as 5:30am. Did God talk to him to do that? What about a christian morning preacher with megaphone. Did God speak to him?

I thought joining him in the mosque for today alone to find out what they actually do there. Was that a mere thought or God spoke to me.

4. Does Satan speak to people at all? What about the area boys, both good and bad amongst them. Did God talk to them?

5. I heard pastor E.A Adeboye preaching. He made mention of a flight he boarded to London. The pilot announced that the landing gear was hooked. Adeboye calimed that at that point, God spoke to him for 45 mins while the plane was hovering around in the air. He didn't say what God told him. Did God actually talked to him?

6. Many a time I heard him (Adeboye) saying "thank you father", then he delivered God's message. God spoke to him for only 15 secs and he said ". For that short period of time, did God talk to him?

7. Can there be a witness when God talks?
Re: Did God Speak To Me? Question For All. by Redoil: 8:01am On Feb 12, 2015
Too many kwestions without answer.
Re: Did God Speak To Me? Question For All. by alienvirus: 8:13am On Feb 12, 2015
Redoil:
Too many kwestions without answer.
Do you have answer to anyone of them?
Re: Did God Speak To Me? Question For All. by Hiswordxray(m): 9:37am On Feb 12, 2015
alienvirus:
Do you have answer to anyone of them?
In a second I can know a person's life story just as I know mine.

It doesn't take God time to reveal things to people.
But if you want to doubt then you are free.
You are the one missing out and making fun of your inability to hear God's voice.
Re: Did God Speak To Me? Question For All. by Nobody: 10:00am On Feb 12, 2015
Re: Did God Speak To Me? Question For All. by Jameselias: 10:22am On Feb 12, 2015
Hiswordxray:

You are the one missing out and making fun of your inability to hear God's voice.
dayo999:
cool
shockedshocked
Re: Did God Speak To Me? Question For All. by Nobody: 10:24am On Feb 12, 2015
Re: Did God Speak To Me? Question For All. by Jameselias: 10:26am On Feb 12, 2015
dayo999:
Isn't it cool?

Mind reading grin
that guy is out of his mind. tongue
Re: Did God Speak To Me? Question For All. by Nobody: 10:29am On Feb 12, 2015
Re: Did God Speak To Me? Question For All. by Jameselias: 10:38am On Feb 12, 2015
dayo999:
Take it easy. cheesy
i have chanded it.
Re: Did God Speak To Me? Question For All. by alienvirus: 10:51am On Feb 12, 2015
Hiswordxray:

In a single second? That is very interesting. How do you do that? Mind sharing?

Could you answer the questions above so that readers can get "God speaking" clearly.
Re: Did God Speak To Me? Question For All. by Hiswordxray(m): 11:41am On Feb 12, 2015
alienvirus:
In a single second? That is very interesting. How do you do that? Mind sharing?

Could you answer the questions above so that readers can get "God speaking" clearly.
When God speaks you would know.
It will be different from when your mind speak.
Jesus said his sheep knows his voice.

When God speaks you would just know deep inside of you that it is God speak. Because you have an instinctive ability to recognize God's voice (that is if you are born again).
Re: Did God Speak To Me? Question For All. by Hiswordxray(m): 11:48am On Feb 12, 2015
Jameselias:
dayo999:
Take it easy. cheesy
Jameselias:
If you two don't what to hear things like these then you should be in religion section.
Re: Did God Speak To Me? Question For All. by alienvirus: 12:09pm On Feb 12, 2015
Hiswordxray:

When God speaks you would know.
It will be different from when your mind speak.
Jesus said his sheep knows his voice.

When God speaks you would just know deep inside of you that it is God speak. Because you have an instinctive ability to recognize God's voice (that is if you are born again).
Ok. Assuming God's wants to call me to a mission, will He talk to me? Note you said God talks to only born again.

Can one different from when God talks from when Satan talks to someone?
Re: Did God Speak To Me? Question For All. by Hiswordxray(m): 12:17pm On Feb 12, 2015
alienvirus:
Ok. Assuming God's wants to call me to a mission, will He talk to me? Note you said God talks to only born again.

Can one different from when God talks from when Satan talks to someone?
I didn't say God speaks to only born again. But I said born again have the instinctive ability to recognize God's voice.

If God want to call you to a mission He would speak to you.
Of course, a born again Christian can tell the difference between God's voice and Satan's voice.
Re: Did God Speak To Me? Question For All. by alienvirus: 12:22pm On Feb 12, 2015
Hiswordxray:

I didn't say God speaks to only born again. But I said born again have the instinctive ability to recognize God's voice.

If God want to call you to a mission He would speak to you.
Of course, a born again Christian can tell the difference between God's voice and Satan's voice.
What you posted earlier said otherwise. You mean through instinct, a born again knows the difference.

What is instinct by the way? Maybe I need to work on my instinct.
Re: Did God Speak To Me? Question For All. by Hiswordxray(m): 12:43pm On Feb 12, 2015
alienvirus:
What you posted earlier said otherwise. You mean through instinct, a born again knows the difference.

What is instinct by the way? Maybe I need to work on my instinct.
Instinct is a natural or inherent aptitude, impulse, or
capacity. It is an inborn ability.
Every organism or life-form (I prefer to use the word "life-form" ) live by instincts and these instincts defer from one life-form to another.

When you became born again you were born with a innate ability to recognize God's voice. If yours isn't working well it means you have not be using it and you have become too carnal (I do not mean this in a bad way).

Solution:
Renew your mind with the word of God.
Let your mind be clear (deal with confusion because God is not the author of confusion).
Be calm and at peace always.
Don't let your desire cloud your mind but fix your mind on the things of God.
Re: Did God Speak To Me? Question For All. by Weah96: 12:54pm On Feb 12, 2015
Hiswordxray:

[size=15pt]In a second I can know a person's life story just as I know mine. [/size]

You obviously don't fear this your God very much, telling lies like this. Anyone can write anything with fingers. Let me try mine. I can defeat Jesus in hand to hand combat and ship you his head as evidence in less than 2 seconds. See, its easy. You're missing out on the real power of your ancestors because you choose to insult them rather than respect them. They will be waiting for you, not even one white person will be there to save you.

Muslims lie when it suits Islam. You're doing the same thing on behalf of your deaf and dumb deity. Where is your conscience? Chai!
Re: Did God Speak To Me? Question For All. by Hiswordxray(m): 1:00pm On Feb 12, 2015
Weah96:

You obviously don't fear this your God very much, telling lies like this. Anyone can write anything with fingers. Let me try mine. I can defeat Jesus in hand to hand combat and ship you his head as evidence in less than 2 seconds. See, its easy. You're missing out on the real power of your ancestors because you choose to insult them rather than respect them. They will be waiting for you, not even one white person will be there to save you.

Muslims lie when it suits Islam. You're doing the same thing on behalf of your deaf and dumb deity. Where is your conscience? Chai!
The person who haven't see a lion exclaim that there is no cat greater than a cheetah.
Re: Did God Speak To Me? Question For All. by alienvirus: 1:03pm On Feb 12, 2015
Hiswordxray:

Instinct is a natural or inherent aptitude, impulse, or
capacity. It is an inborn ability.
Every organism or life-form (I prefer to use the word "life-form" ) live by instincts and these instincts defer from one life-form to another.

When you became born again you were born with a innate ability to recognize God's voice. If yours isn't working well it means you have not be using it and you have become too carnal (I do not mean this in a bad way).

Solution:
Renew your mind with the word of God.
Let your mind be clear (deal with confusion because God is not the author of confusion).
Be calm and at peace always.
Don't let your desire cloud your mind but fix your mind on the things of God.
Personally I don't think it is difficult for God to speak to anyone without passing through the instinct. Your explanation doesn't convince me that God really talks to anyone. God's talk doesn't depend on instinct and being a born again if truly God is omnipotent.

The time frame that God talks is also questionable taking Adeboye as an example.

Who knows if God has been talking to me but because no one is yet to distinctly tell me how God talks (thunderous voice, soft, harsh, sparks etc) and the language He speaks through.
Re: Did God Speak To Me? Question For All. by Weah96: 1:08pm On Feb 12, 2015
Hiswordxray:

The person who haven't see a lion exclaim that there is no cat greater than a cheetah.

I have seen a lion in real life but not a cheetah. Try another proverb. We're talking about the bible God and you're here speaking in riddles. Talk about a powerless entity.
Re: Did God Speak To Me? Question For All. by Weah96: 1:14pm On Feb 12, 2015
alienvirus:
Personally I don't think it is difficult for God to speak to anyone without passing through the instinct. Your explanation doesn't convince me that God really talks to anyone. God's talk doesn't depend on instinct and being a born again if truly God is omnipotent.

The time frame that God talks is also questionable taking Adeboye as an example.

Who knows if God has been talking to me but because no one is yet to distinctly tell me how God talks (thunderous voice, soft, harsh, sparks etc) and the language He speaks through.

My friend, the voice in your head is your own. Don't mind these professional liars. They're like an oil company exec providing information on renewable energy. He will lie to you finish simply because his company sells oil for a living.
Re: Did God Speak To Me? Question For All. by Hiswordxray(m): 1:30pm On Feb 12, 2015
alienvirus:

The claim that you have thought is questionable.
What language does your mind speak?
Is there any witness when your mind speak to you?
How can you prove empirically that your mind speaks?

It seem to me that thought doesn't exist since no one is able to witness another person's thought.
Re: Did God Speak To Me? Question For All. by Hiswordxray(m): 1:35pm On Feb 12, 2015
Weah96:

I have seen a lion in real life but not a cheetah. Try another proverb. We're talking about the bible God and you're here speaking in riddles. Talk about a powerless entity.
It's clear we don't speak the same language seeing that you are not able to understand me.
Re: Did God Speak To Me? Question For All. by alienvirus: 1:39pm On Feb 12, 2015
Hiswordxray:

The claim that you have thought is questionable. Yes. Same way the claim you were born by your mother is questionable.

What language does your mind speak? It speaks my language.

Is there any witness when your mind speak to you?

There is no witness because it is my mind. Are you saying instinct talks not God or you have descended the omnipotent God so low to the level of mind?

How can you prove empirically that your mind speaks? You can ask Rene Descartes.

It seem to me that thought doesn't exist since no one is able to witness another person's thought.

Very good. It seems to me also that you have no brain since you have never seen your brain before.
Re: Did God Speak To Me? Question For All. by alienvirus: 1:43pm On Feb 12, 2015
Hiswordxray:

It's clear we don't speak the same language seeing that you are not able to understand me.
Did you speak Fulfude? Until proven otherwise, yiy, Adeboye and those that hear God hear nothing. Your mind talks to you or Satan. You want God to talk to you and you already believe he is doing the talking. Same way I don't believe God talks to anyone and I don't hear him.

You are a product of what you think you are.
Re: Did God Speak To Me? Question For All. by Hiswordxray(m): 1:52pm On Feb 12, 2015
alienvirus:
Did you speak Fulfude? Until proven otherwise, yiy, Adeboye and those that hear God hear nothing. Your mind talks to you or Satan. You want God to talk to you and you already believe he is doing the talking. Same way I don't believe God talks to anyone and I don't hear him.

You are a product of what you think you are.
Did you speak Fulfude? Until proven otherwise, You and all those who claim their mind speak to them hears nothing. Infant mind doesn't exist, if it does give me proof.
You created something you call mind and you want it to talk to you and you already believe it is doing the talking.
Same way I don't believe mind exist neither do I believe it talks to anyone.

1 Like

Re: Did God Speak To Me? Question For All. by Weah96: 1:58pm On Feb 12, 2015
Hiswordxray:

You started talking about cats in the wild and I admitted that I haven't yet seen a cheetah. But I have seen a lion, separated from me by about 4 feet of enclosure at Zoo Atlanta.

You guys are strengthening the curse on Africa by not only telling lies, but doing so in favor of Oyinbo and Arab deities. Your attitude suggests that their ancestors got everything right, our whole ancestry is made up of a bunch of dancing fo.ols. I don't share that belief.

And then you wonder why the government won't pave the roads or provide stable electricity, for the last 4 decades. Or provide housing for the poor. You wonder why Africa, despite possessing massive material wealth, always looks dilapidated like Afghanistan during the last war.

You are insulting your ancestors and pis.sing on their graves. You and countless millions of other African children. That's the cause of ALL the bad luck. There is no other logical reason. We are not more corrupt than others. But when you slap your mother, in front of her guests, bad things will follow you.
Re: Did God Speak To Me? Question For All. by Hiswordxray(m): 2:37pm On Feb 12, 2015
Weah96:

You started talking about cats in the wild and I admitted that I haven't yet seen a cheetah. But I have seen a lion, separated from me by about 4 feet of enclosure at Zoo Atlanta.

You guys are strengthening the curse on Africa by not only telling lies, but doing so in favor of Oyinbo and Arab deities. Your attitude suggests that their ancestors got everything right, our whole ancestry is made up of a bunch of dancing fo.ols. I don't share that belief.

And then you wonder why the government won't pave the roads or provide stable electricity, for the last 4 decades. Or provide housing for the poor. You wonder why Africa, despite possessing massive material wealth, always looks dilapidated like Afghanistan during the last war.

You are insulting your ancestors and pis.sing on their graves. You and countless millions of other African children. That's the cause of ALL the bad luck. There is no other logical reason. We are not more corrupt than others. But when you slap your mother, in front of her guests, bad things will follow you.
What you are talking about sound strange to me, I am not an African.
I am an alien from another world. I am neither white nor black.

1 Like

Re: Did God Speak To Me? Question For All. by Weah96: 3:07pm On Feb 12, 2015
Hiswordxray:

What you are talking about sound strange to me, I am not an African.
I am an alien from another world. I am neither white nor black.

Ah ah, are you a Mexican? Andele, andele. No wonder you've been trying to trick Africans into insulting their forefathers and spitting on their graves. You can fool some but not all. If it wasn't for the small number of Africans that reject your advice, bad luck would have finished us completely by now.
Re: Did God Speak To Me? Question For All. by Hiswordxray(m): 3:31pm On Feb 12, 2015
Weah96:

Ah ah, are you a Mexican? Andele, andele. No wonder you've been trying to trick Africans into insulting their forefathers and spitting on their graves. You can fool some but not all. If it weren't for the small number of Africans that reject your advice, bad luck would have finished us completely by now.

I am not a Mexican neither am I from any tribe of this world. I came from another world, a present-future world. I have come to take over this world. I and this rest of my kind will take over this world and rule it. We would eliminate all those that oppose to our rule.

So you better join us or wait for your destruction.
Re: Did God Speak To Me? Question For All. by alienvirus: 3:51pm On Feb 12, 2015
Hiswordxray:

I am not a Mexican neither am I from any tribe of this world. I came from another world, a present-future world. I have come to take over this world. I and this rest of my kind will take over this world and rule it. We would eliminate all those that oppose to our rule.

So you better join us or wait for your destruction.
Dream on.

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Year, Same Prophecies [the Yearly Con Advert] / (pics) Igbo Jews Re Overtaking Igbo Christians In South East Region (pics) / How To Start Practicing Ifa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.