Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

*SCAM ALERT* Beware Of Some Instagram And FB / Twitter Online Retailers - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / *SCAM ALERT* Beware Of Some Instagram And FB / Twitter Online Retailers (1370 Views)

INSTAGRAM Usersplease Help My Friend Like Her Pic On Instagram And Help Her Win / See How Hair Sellers Dupe Nigeria Girls On Instagram And Facebook / Fashion Retailers And Wholesalers... Its Time To Network!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

*SCAM ALERT* Beware Of Some Instagram And FB / Twitter Online Retailers by abobo1: 1:50pm On Feb 12, 2015
Dear Nairalanders, I come in peace.

I dont post much (altho i dey here dey obsav steadily grin ) but i came across a very serious case of fraud and scam on instagram that really got my blood boiling and made me run to this humble site to warn as many people as i possible can.

PLEASE BE CAREFUL WHEN SHOPPING THROUGH FASHION PAGES ON SOCIAL MEDIA! (i know there are many legit retailers out there, but there are also a few who are dubious and need to be aggressively exposed, so i am her to play my part)

I will make it very brief and support with pics of fellow victims of this scam so that you know the extent of it.

My sweerie is on IG, and like many of us, she follows a lot of fashion and makeup pages, and she came across some who sell these lovely items online, and she decided to patronize them.

She contacted a few in order to patronize them and one or two of these honest and decent IG retailers delivered her goods next day after she made payment. But there was one. one out and out thief who goes by the handle of @trusty_couture whos sole purpose is to make you order as much as possible, credit his/her account with the promise that your goods will be dispatched within 4 days, then vanishes with your cash without a trace - like the proverbial garri spilled on the sandy floor of a coastal beach, never to be seen again.

Prior to you paying, this @trusty_couture person will be very active on whatsapp and on phone, answering all your calls promptly and with courtesy and making sweet promises of delivery, but after you make payment, he/she stops picking up your calls.

This, my friends, is the scam in motion. PLEASE PLEASE and PLEASE! do NOT patronize @trusty_couture for any reason whatsoever because your money will be eaten. i know some of you are on IG and you may have some friends there also who may not know. please help spread the word and make these places safer for others.

There have been very honest hard working retailers who try their best to deliver as promised and will refund if they cant, and there are the Thieves like @trusty_couture.

Please if you have any similar experience, do you mind sharing? let us name and shame them!

Also, do you know any other scamers you would like to expose and warn others of?

Please post here. until they are exposed!! no hiding place for the wicked!!

Thank you for listening grin grin grin (i love this smiley) grin grin grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: *SCAM ALERT* Beware Of Some Instagram And FB / Twitter Online Retailers by abobo1: 1:53pm On Feb 12, 2015
More screens...

This @trusty_couture must pay! angry

(1) (Reply)

Female Shoe For Sale / Irritating Make-up Photos Of Bobrisky Goes Viral / Affordable Sewing Classes(plan For The New Year)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.