Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,422 members, 7,836,685 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI (38238 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan And Obasanjo Meet In Ogun (Photos) / Throwback Photo Of Rabiu Kwankwaso With His Gun During Obasanjo's Tenure / No One More Corrupt Than Amaechi, Wike Warns Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by genearts(m): 9:18am On Feb 13, 2015
cococandy:
That is absolutely true.

Doesn't mean we have to make excuses for corruption though.
We will still condemn corruption even if Jonathan is doing it at a lower rate than the high handed OBJ and Buhari did with impunity.

I just feel irritated when Buhari and OBJ act like saints. Buncha hypocrites

My broda dnt be gullible, google is your friend! TI started in 1993
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by sanmibukunmi: 9:19am On Feb 13, 2015
PAnaceA7:
Op what are u saying.... Transparency International was first launched in 1995 and NIGERIA started featuring in 1996...Get ur fact right b4 discrediting Buhari
So you mean to tell me as big as transparency international is, they won't be able to gather records and information since 1960...the truth is if they had come out to say GEj's govt is the most corrupt since the inception of Nigeria, you would have believed abi....

5 Likes

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by Albertmoh(m): 9:19am On Feb 13, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]
tonytony208:

but where are those farmers benefiting from the fertilizer distribution? Why arent they speaking up? Why arent dey campaigning for GEJ in their own little way?
My friend applied and got an alert from d ministry, telling him howmcuh worth of fertilizer he has in his wallet or whatever they call it. So, its real my broda.

1 Like

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by Braggante(m): 9:19am On Feb 13, 2015
One of the many reasons why NL has become bland to me is its recent predictability and partisanship.
The responsibility of the news reporter is huge, should be carried with all sense of decency and respect for the reader.
Now the question, How did this rubbish from an unverifiable source turn on FP? Oh, because it's an attack on GMBs integrity? NL has become very PDP and its disgusting.

If someone quotes a TI index, it behooves of him to substantiate the statement by referring us to the relevant TI website. Not to some website that itself comits same blunder. Meaning this is a cocktail of cooked up trash. TI obviously never said this, why then has NL become a cheap rumor site? How did it make FP?

The way it is, I can open a website and spew propaganda trash, and it makes news on FP here, and innocent NLanders will rely on it as fact.
This is not news. At best this is a mere allegation without fact to support, and a dataless graph drawn up by an idle propagandist.
It's funny and it's sad.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by Dannyset(m): 9:19am On Feb 13, 2015
ikechukwu354:

mr is two different thing when you see a transparent cheater and the reveese case, where govt has opaqued the system and your been clouded with smoke... too bad mr man
Good! Either way, u agreed he's stealer(tho transparent).
But let me also tell u that in this present govt, there's a lot of opaqued stealing going on if u don't know. So u think its only the ones we're hearing that is going on? Bro sorry!
Then let me also tell u, if dis pple can't open up all the corrupt practises of GMB in his time, they shld forget it. Or they just came to conclusion that he is corrupt? At least I mentioned some areas(not opaqued) where GEJ is corrupt.
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by Mistermamus(m): 9:20am On Feb 13, 2015
only sensible Nigerians nt the gullible 1s know diz. obj government was d most corrupt ever in naija.
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by kaboninc(m): 9:22am On Feb 13, 2015
Trunaijian:
Bros transparency international was established in 1993. Besides, we do not need transparency, opaque or translucent international to tell us how corrupt our country is. We live here for chrisakes! GEJ administrations corruption level is on Hollywood level! Trust me. We know. We live it everyday!
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transparency_International

Provide proof bro. Substantiated evidence. Not beer-palour or palm wine or ogogoro talk.
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by naijanaso: 9:23am On Feb 13, 2015

APC ' driver General whose rail whose  Port Harcourt Mono Rail  It covers 4Km and has gulped $1.2 Billion or N180B has an unknown completion date.

[/quote]

I have never seen any scam as vig as the deception of Amaechi's monorail in PH. The guy is a big thief. Ole is a mild name to describe him. Wike has read out his corrupt spendings for last year and January 2015...we are watching.

1 Like

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by dre11(m): 9:23am On Feb 13, 2015
Transparent international didn't give any report on GMB tenure........

They only assumed, because they have no congent report on him and assumption have no bases in real life situation on what we feel, see and our international neighbours see of us.

Both OBJ and GEJ tenure is riddle with corruption, theft and political miss appropation of public funds and scams

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by tsdarkside(m): 9:23am On Feb 13, 2015
what are you talking about.??

when obj left office,their was supplus in the treasury.

abeg mista man,dont write rubbish.if someone deserve respect and honour then give it.or else why should someone try,
if he will be abused anyway.
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by Alore: 9:24am On Feb 13, 2015
It's a SHAME that Nairaland put a topic on the frontpage that totally lacks basic test of credibility. I am on the Transparency International website. Can the OP show us how he generated this graph? Seun, don't allow Nairaland to be turned to junk!
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by ransomed: 9:24am On Feb 13, 2015
One is baba nbarawo. He condones stealing and looting of public treasury by saying: stealing is not corruption. How much did Jim Nwobodo stole? Money not enough to buy peugot car. Where are the missing billions of Dollar and Trillions of Naira?.
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by genearts(m): 9:27am On Feb 13, 2015
Bayswater:

They are now so rich due to GEJ's extra-ordinary agric policies that they are contributing almost N5billion towards Buhari's campaign.

Abi you no dey read news?

Does that mk sense to u??
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by AreaFada2: 9:28am On Feb 13, 2015
Dannyset:
Most of u people think we are daft.
The same way u came up with "Nigeria is the 3rd growing economy in the World", and its not translating in peoples live. Now with this again. U hav corrupted every institution in Nigeria, now ur paying International body to tell us lies.
Even a blind man can see the corruption in this govt.
$20Billion missing,
N30Trillion missing,
N10Billion for Jet,
Tompolo War ships,
$1Billion Ammunition loans,
$9.3Billion SA ammunition
N32Billion of Niger Delta ministy(PEJ).
All of una na big thief and God will judge u and those covering up for GEJ.
Tell us why we should vote for ur Thief master(by stating what he's done), and stop telling us why we shouldn't vote GMB.
Bunch of thieves. U rob people's destiny and the Devil will rob ur destinies same way.

Well you can believe beer parlour rumour or seek facts.

As for alleged missing $20b, PwC has completed its forensic audit work. Wait for the result.

Of course people like you will say they cooked the result if it doesn't confirm your prejudiced position.
If it says money is missing, then you will praise PwC. grin shocked
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by solarview(m): 9:29am On Feb 13, 2015
bushdoc9919:

And GEJ gave away our PHCN to his pals too you know.....and don't ask about the BIG hotel the missus is building in Yeanagoa....

Not only is that a fib....Buhari did not even have a house when he left office.(The house he got was built for him eleven years later). By contrast....IBB had a lovely er Palace built for him at Minna (saw it in all its glory in 1993).

Plus...the only people killed during Buhari's regime were a group of drug dealers. Unless you want to say that drug dealing is a nice thing(even mu mum who DOES NOT LIKE buhari commends him for having those people shot). And no...Gloria Okon was not there...that was an IBB case.

Yes he did.

...Mr Man y reasoning with your intestine?... Only drug dealers INDEED! And the same man using drug dealer (BAT) as his cup bearer. What a shameful change. ...pls grow up man!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by Solupeace: 9:31am On Feb 13, 2015
I don't actually need TI to educate me about this because we don't need mirror to see what is in the palm.

PGEJ is the best to have happened to this country. In as much as we are all entitled to our opinions,I believe that the propaganda about corruption is borne out of hate.I think PGEJ has shown a great political will in fighting corruption;which is signing FOI bill into law. Before now,we didn't know about what happened in government but this man came in and opened the political landscape.

PGEJ till 2019!
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by dre11(m): 9:32am On Feb 13, 2015
kaboninc:

Provide proof bro. Substantiated evidence. Not beer-palour or palm wine or ogogoro talk.

Download the PDF file that the OP provided

From this link
http://www.livenewsng.com/2015/02/shocking-buhari-and-obj-tenure-more.html and
check page 2 and you will have your information that TI was created in 1993 begbegan publishing in 1995.

1 Like

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by Nobody: 9:36am On Feb 13, 2015
solarview:

...Mr Man y reasoning with your intestine?... Only drug dealers INDEED! And the same man using drug dealer (BAT) as his cup bearer. What a shameful change. ...pls grow up man!

Your lovely comment is noted and recorded Mr Bainbridge.I hope that you have had your early morning cup of cocoa? smiley

And yes...I am aware of GMB's lovely attendants who do have a lot to answer for. It is one of the reasons why I do not like APC , even though I hate PDP.

But....I also do not like historical inaccuracies....which is why I corrected the original post.

And,......please do not use abusive language while addressing me again. Act your age.

1 Like

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by GodsKate: 9:36am On Feb 13, 2015
Keep up with news/events/business/research/.... at lower cost:---
Mtn&Etisalat data available@cheaper rates for your mobile phones&via modem.
(Mtn1gb=N1200/1300, etisalat1gb=N1400/1500).
Call/SMS/Whatspp:
GK on 08032719286
Or
HC on 08033756845 to order
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by theoctopus: 9:38am On Feb 13, 2015
Also from Punch on the 12th of February 2015. From Page 20

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by SKYQUEST(m): 9:39am On Feb 13, 2015
tuyi19:

are u beleiving that doctored report, the op has manupulated the graph. dont mind him.

Lets see the correct one at your disposal!
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by menesheh(m): 9:40am On Feb 13, 2015
BRAV0O:
u no u're just deceiving urself cus u no what u see everyday all over the media if gej doesn't take over the media with his cheap lies and propaganda how come no one can question their stand in all those blackmail against gmb

No bruh, for real APC control 60% of Media platform ranging from radio, terry, YouTube, Nairaland, facebook etc.

It is just the fact, islowing them at the back, for instance, previously apc advert do pop up on YouTube b4 PDP then followed
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by theoctopus: 9:41am On Feb 13, 2015
AreaFada2:

Well you can believe beer parlour rumour or seek facts.

As for alleged missing $20, PwC has completed its forensic audit work. Wait for the result.

Of course people like you will say they cooked the result if it doesn't confirm your prejudiced position.
If it says money is missing, then you will praise PwC. grin shocked

The result is already out and there was no missing money anywhere. That is why OBJ asked Soludo to go release another 30 trillion scam. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by theoctopus: 9:42am On Feb 13, 2015
SKYQUEST:

Lets see the correct one at your disposal!

I have attached the one from the punch newspaper of yesterday
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by Nobody: 9:43am On Feb 13, 2015
Stealing is different from corruption, that's what Jonathan said.

It simply means there's no corrupt people in his government but thievies, So TI should give us its analysis based on stealing not corruption.

1 Like

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by SKYQUEST(m): 9:43am On Feb 13, 2015
genearts:

My broda dnt be gullible, google is your friend! TI started in 1993

The fact that TI started in 1993 does not not make research and survey findings less historic.
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by eazydon(m): 9:47am On Feb 13, 2015
Gbawe:
GEJ fans will not kill me with laughter . OP, I nominate you as Nairaland comedian of the year. The fuel subsidy scam alone, the biggest corruption scandal in Nigeria's history, makes a distinct mockery of you and your messiah i.e GEJ. Let us not even start delving into NNPC missing billions and the 18 billion dollars disbursed to fight Boko haram that was looted by GEJ and his cronies. You guys are jokers. Nauseatingly dishonest jokers as well.

http://nigeriapolitico.com/fuelsubsidyscam.html

[size=16pt]Fuel subsidy $6.8 billion scam: Nigeria’s biggest corruption scandal ever[/size]

You must be very daft. Did this subsidy scam happen during GEJ or he is the one that uncovered the huge scam going on all these years? Mugu
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by bdidi: 9:48am On Feb 13, 2015
WisdomFlakes:
LOL. You GEJ boys are something else. No matter the amount of soap, be it Omo, Sunlight, or whatever wey Una try use wash GEJ administration from corruption, e no fit clean.

When Una cough out the missing $20billion, N30 trillion, among others, then we can sit down and talk.

Until then, GEJ administration remains the most corrupt in Nigeria history, that is a fact the TIs of this world cannot sugarcoat

My friend though you think it will wise to sit back and look at the issues you raise critically with enough facts? $20billion has been put to rest by PWC forensic audit which shows minimal evidence. While to alleged N30 Trillion naira issue is just a hogwash allegation for someone to score a very cheap political relevance.

Transparency International is a an International body and I believe they have their facts hence the publication.

During Buhari's regime, corruption loomed despite his human right abuses. What happened to the $1.6b dollars missing when he was the minister of petroleum during OBJ's regime in the 70's?

My dear no politician is a saint! I prefer GEJ cos he is tackling corruption from the root source and that's what should be done.

APC are LIONS in SHEEP clothing.

The people surrounding Buhari are the ones you really need to have a close watch.
Please let's use our sixth sense wisely.

APC is coming out to paint themselves as the messiah of change. The question is have they really CHANGED? We may not know what we have at hand now until we lose it.
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by shawl: 9:48am On Feb 13, 2015
Link to TI's own report or I don't believe it.

When has livenewsng become the mouthpiece for TI.

You only loose more support base by posting non verifiable stories.

1 Like

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by Demour(m): 9:50am On Feb 13, 2015
We Need more Cluelessness
*He is Clueless yet his Government was the first in the
World to conquer the dreaded Ebola Virus.
* He is Clueless yet under his leadership,Nigeria has
become the 3rd fastest growing economy in the world.
*He is Clueless yet his Minister for Agriculture has been
begged to come show the world how he eliminated
corruption and transformed the Agriculture sector.
*He is Clueless yet his Petroleum minister was elected to be
the First female President of OPEC.
*He is Clueless yet under his leadership,the Nigerian
Economy is Number one in Africa.
*He is Clueless yet he was able to Privatize the Power
sector which none could do before him.
* He is Clueless yet he has built more roads than any other
government before him.
*He is Clueless yet for the first time in our history,we now
have over 10 Automobile manufacturers in Nigeria.
*He is Clueless yet he's built over 12 tertiary institutions
within 4 years.
If all these were achieved by a clueless man,we need the
Cluelessness to continue till 2019.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by Ajengogo(m): 9:51am On Feb 13, 2015
OP should stop peddling lies here. Transparency International's CPI was launched in 1995. How did the OP come about the figures from Shagari, Buhari and Babanginda for this analysis. The variables for this analysis is definitely not from TI. Please try another joker abeg!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Lady Sacked For Attending Peter Obi Rally Gets Job, Scholarship From OPM Pastor / Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? / Homosexuality Rises In Nigeria Few Days Into Biden’s Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.