Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,401 members, 7,819,426 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

Sedan Vs SUV - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Sedan Vs SUV (2500 Views)

2018 Mercedes-maybach G650 Landaulet Is The Most Expensive SUV Ever Made / Mercedes Benz S550 Armoured Sedan : The Official Car Of Prof. Yemi Osibanjo / 2015 Porsche Macan: The Cutest SUV On Nigerian Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sedan Vs SUV by andronite: 10:37pm On Feb 12, 2015
HI everyone,

Which do you think is better in Lagos, Nigeria - an SUV or a Sedan

Sedan - lower mpg, "i assume" lower maintenance, maneuverability, ease parking in crowded areas, you can take all the shortcuts (you know those tight alleys one darts into when the main road is congested, that involves closing and opening side mirrors), less gasoline (most sedans are not v8's) etc

SUV - higher mpg, reduced risk of destroying the engine bay (e.g. - i went over a bump and the wire cut), when the rain comes, the car can swim. in short, it can take you everywhere, all at the minuses of a sedan listed above.

Now for someone who will be in lagos, and travel to other states 4-5 times a month. which would you advise as a daily drive.
Ted to a sedan, but from experience, too many things damage the underside of vehicles and when one travels interstate, some offroad terrains need to be transversed.

So from your experience, which would you pick? and more importantly why?
Re: Sedan Vs SUV by Nobody: 11:28am On Feb 13, 2015
Sign. If you dn't know what you want, go and buy 911 lorry.
Re: Sedan Vs SUV by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:53am On Feb 13, 2015
andronite:
HI everyone,

Sedan - lower mpg, "i assume" lower maintenance, maneuverability, ease parking in crowded areas, you can take all the shortcuts (you know those tight alleys one darts into when the main road is congested, that involves closing and opening side mirrors), less gasoline (most sedans are not v8's) etc

SUV - higher mpg, reduced risk of destroying the engine bay (e.g. - i went over a bump and the wire cut), when the rain comes, the car can swim. in short, it can take you everywhere, all at the minuses of a sedan listed above.

Now for someone who will be in lagos, and travel to other states 4-5 times a month. which would you advise as a daily drive.
Ted to a sedan, but from experience, too many things damage the underside of vehicles and when one travels interstate, some offroad terrains need to be transversed.

the comparison is to you based on what you will be using the car for eg myself i am a dj and i have my own dj equipment a salon wont help me to carry my speakers etc

but a suv will be able to carry most of my speakers in the boot without taking passengers seats like in a salon

then on fuel consumption you can get the average engine size eg honda cr v 2litre engine

african people we always get wrong cars for the job eg every month you visit mum or dad in the rural area and the road are bad but you find one getting a luxury salon than average suv

1 Like

Re: Sedan Vs SUV by Nobody: 12:00pm On Feb 13, 2015
Bossforeva:
Sign. If you dn't know what you want, go and buy 911 lorry.

Seconded and thirded grin
Re: Sedan Vs SUV by DGD1(m): 2:37pm On Feb 13, 2015
av u considered agbegilodo(Bedford) ?
Re: Sedan Vs SUV by nurey(m): 4:55pm On Feb 13, 2015
DGD1:
av u considered agbegilodo(Bedford) ?

This guy you wicked gan grin, I advice the op to make sacrificial rites to appease you grin, so you want him to buy a car that when it can't climb hill any more it will automatically switch to reverse and then you see op's friends hurrying to shock the tire with block sticks.

grin
Re: Sedan Vs SUV by DGD1(m): 7:32am On Feb 14, 2015
nurey:

This guy you wicked gan grin, I advice the op to make sacrificial rites to appease you grin, so you want him to buy a car that when it can't climb hill any more it will automatically switch to reverse and then you see op's friends hurrying to shock the tire with block sticks.

grin

lol
I just tried to broaden his range of options.
Re: Sedan Vs SUV by billy187(m): 9:05am On Feb 14, 2015
You could always compromise.

Want a suv but hate the high fuel prices? Go for a crossover like a rav4, crv or if you're feeling rich...an RX.

Want a car but hate bottoming out on the least speedbump? Go for a subaru outback.

But then, if you want the best of both worlds....just go buy yourself some Converse Allstars......fuel bill is almost nil (but depends on the girth of your pot belly) and it can even go up stairs!
Re: Sedan Vs SUV by andronite: 2:11pm On Feb 14, 2015
instead of attacking the op, attack the question.

basically i want to learn from your experiences. Overall, for daily use, which would you prefer? i know tastes vary. am interested in hearing different views, and more importantly - why.
Re: Sedan Vs SUV by chillex8(m): 3:28pm On Feb 14, 2015
andronite:
HI everyone,

Am trying to understand your post.

What do you mean by high and low mpg Relative to the context you used it in.

There are SUVs with higher mpg than Sedans.

It all depends on what's under the hood.

If I were you, I won't be worried about mpg, but buy what pleases me.

I hate it when people cry about mpg.

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Your Advice / My Honda 2008 Is Giving Me Wahala. Pls Help / Take A Look At The Inside Of New Lexus LM First-class Minivan With Incredible 26

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.