Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

How To Make Money Selling Your Goods On Jumia - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Make Money Selling Your Goods On Jumia (33930 Views)

Woman Caught Rubbing Her Goods On Her Private Part Before Selling Them (Video) / See How Much You Can Get Ewedu Broom On Jumia / Owner Of Burning Bus With Goods On 3rd Mainland Bridge Speaks (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make Money Selling Your Goods On Jumia by needinfo: 10:42am On Jul 24, 2015
newacca:
Well, it's good to sell on Jumia,Konga,smemarkethub and other e-commerce sites; but in my opinion, building your own brand and promoting your goods through the brand is the best way to sell your goods.
This is how I make good income from my importation business, I promote my brand through social media at www.facebook.com/phonesplusgadgets/posts/915332811863343
so how much do you spend per day on fb advert because i know you make use of fb advert to get views on your offers.so how much do you spend per day

1 Like

Re: How To Make Money Selling Your Goods On Jumia by newacca: 10:59am On Jul 24, 2015
needinfo:
so how much do you spend per day on fb advert because i know you make use of fb advert to get views on your offers.so how much do you spend per day
It depends on how much you budget for. Sometimes I set it to minimum of $1 and up. I may run the ads for 5 or 7 days. The coolest thing about the ads is that I set my target which makes the ads attracts potential buyers nationwide.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Money Selling Your Goods On Jumia by pepe1: 8:17pm On Jul 24, 2015
newacca:
Well, it's good to sell on Jumia,Konga,smemarkethub and other e-commerce sites; but in my opinion, building your own brand and promoting your goods through the brand is the best way to sell your goods.
This is how I make good income from my importation business, I promote my brand through social media at www.facebook.com/phonesplusgadgets/posts/915332811863343
Pls explain better.
Re: How To Make Money Selling Your Goods On Jumia by newacca: 7:50am On Jul 25, 2015
pepe1:

Pls explain better.
Thank you. Building a brand starts from how you present your business to people. It's starts from your physical appearance, character, business name and slogan to how you deliver your service/goods and feedback from the customers who patronize you.

You can build your brand on trust, quality, prompt delivery and information to people etc. On trust, if goods has a specific feature or vice versa, let it be known to the customer. If the goods has a condition or if there is price reduction, don't waste time in informing your customers first. Let customers know the value of what they're are getting, i.e quality of the goods they're are buying. informing the people of the latest trend in goods, about how to use or maintain goods, how to spot substandard goods etc. These are just few and little things that could make your business a big brand.

For a practical example, you may follow the link on how to sell solar LED light to a fellow nairalander, who resides in Jo's,Plateau state; while I am in the South west. smiley You can read the story here https://www.nairaland.com/2431678/led-solar-step-lights-etc

So, if you could be trusted and you deliver to those you trust you, they will automatically refer your business to other people.
Alles gute!

Re: How To Make Money Selling Your Goods On Jumia by pepe1: 10:44am On Jul 25, 2015
newacca:

Thank you. Building a brand starts from how you present your business to people. It's starts from your physical appearance, character, business name and slogan to how you deliver your service/goods and feedback from the customers who patronize you.

You can build your brand on trust, quality, prompt delivery and information to people etc. On trust, if goods has a specific feature or vice versa, let it be known to the customer. If the goods has a condition or if there is price reduction, don't waste time in informing your customers first. Let customers know the value of what they're are getting, i.e quality of the goods they're are buying. informing the people of the latest trend in goods, about how to use or maintain goods, how to spot substandard goods etc. These are just few and little things that could make your business a big brand.

For a practical example, you may follow the link on how to sell solar LED light to a fellow nairalander, who resides in Jo's,Plateau state; while I am in the South west. smiley You can read the story here https://www.nairaland.com/2431678/led-solar-step-lights-etc

So, if you could be trusted and you deliver to those you trust you, they will automatically refer your business to other people.
Alles gute!
Thanks
Re: How To Make Money Selling Your Goods On Jumia by newacca: 10:52am On Jul 25, 2015
pepe1:

Thanks
You are welcome. smiley
Re: How To Make Money Selling Your Goods On Jumia by aniete: 9:41am On Aug 10, 2015
Could one residing in akwa ibom sell on konga or jumia?
Re: How To Make Money Selling Your Goods On Jumia by abbeyforex(m): 7:46am On Aug 11, 2015
Updated Aug. 11, 2015 7:10 a.m. Nigerian Time

BEIJING—China’s central bank(PBOC) devalued its tightly controlled currency, causing its biggest one-day loss in two decades, as the world’s second-largest economy continues to sputter.

Chinese authorities said the change would help drive the currency toward more market-driven movements. The move also signaled the government’s growing worry about slow growth. A shift toward a weaker currency could help flagging exports at a time when many other efforts to boost the economy haven’t proven very effective.

China’s yuan(RMB) has been on an upward track for a decade, during which the country’s economy grew to be the second largest in the world and the currency gained importance globally. The devaluation Tuesday was the most significant downward adjustment to the yuan since 1994, when as part of a break from Communist state planning, Beijing let the currency fall by one-third.

Effect to we Importers :

As a currency becomes cheaper versus other currencies, it becomes more attractive for investors to buy it because they can often take a long (wait for the price to increase) position and make money that way. It also gives more incentive for investors/creditors to invest in large projects that are happening within an economy. Products that are created in a china become more attractive because of their price. Products now become lesser if one takes solely relative purchasing power into account.

One historical example of keeping a currency artificially cheap is China keeping the Renminbi cheap and pegged to the dollar. They wanted consumers/companies from abroad to buy their products so their businesses could continue to grow. This is one reason why China saw a booming economy in export industry. Many Western companies chose to have their products sourced from China because they knew they would get a good exchange rate, thus making the product cheaper. By keeping the Renminbi cheap, China was able to promote trade and begin to help their struggling economy. They have only recently begun to take away some of their instruments that artificially keep the prices low.
Re: How To Make Money Selling Your Goods On Jumia by jamarionj(m): 12:21am On Sep 05, 2015
nyabingi:
i followed your guide on your first write up on how to open a store on konga, im proud to say that it was insightful and today i have made two sales from my online store on konga, thanks however i would love to meet you one on one, i dont know if i can make it to the seminar cos i will be going to work on that that day but if you can make chance for us to meet i would appreciate, thanks
What's the URL of ur store on konga.
Re: How To Make Money Selling Your Goods On Jumia by godson99(m): 10:42am On Sep 14, 2015
nyabingi:
i followed your guide on your first write up on how to open a store on konga, im proud to say that it was insightful and today i have made two sales from my online store on konga, thanks however i would love to meet you one on one, i dont know if i can make it to the seminar cos i will be going to work on that that day but if you can make chance for us to meet i would appreciate, thanks
brother if u dont mind i will appreciate if u to me the ropes.. thanks.. my whatsapp No 07038171425
Re: How To Make Money Selling Your Goods On Jumia by bobojoshua(m): 6:02pm On Mar 29, 2016
sugarbuns:
Guys you can sell on Kaymu without a proposal and your items can picked up by delivery people from almost any state in Nigeria.
Just go to www.kaymu.com.ng; click on Sell Now, click on Join us; type in your details and list your items.
Hope it helps.
Re: How To Make Money Selling Your Goods On Jumia by Fr33born(m): 3:40pm On Apr 08, 2016
Nice one.
There are many unanswered questions or dont you have answers to them? Someone already asked what i wanted to ask but it was ignored.
Re: How To Make Money Selling Your Goods On Jumia by MukaboxNG: 4:34pm On Apr 08, 2016
Yea the post is great and I agree to most of it but something is left out which is the concern of those who does not reside in lagos.

This set of people will find it difficult to sell on jumia even thou konga might be in their state but might be stresful.

http://mukabox.com.ng can help this category of people as well as the busy once who are in lagos to warehouse and dropoff their product at jumia and konga hub without stress, so there will be no need for some people not to sell on jumia.

Infact they can help intending merchants to open a jumia account

You can whatsapp 2347063667303

Email: mukaboxng@gmail.com

Mobile: 08093798637
Re: How To Make Money Selling Your Goods On Jumia by MukaboxNG: 4:42pm On Apr 08, 2016
aniete:
Could one residing in akwa ibom sell on konga or jumia?

Offcourse you can for both konga and jumia with the help of http://mukabox.com.ng from anywhere in nigeria and as well we can help you open jumia store without the need of proposal as op wrote. We have opened for so many people
Re: How To Make Money Selling Your Goods On Jumia by chelseao: 9:26pm On Jun 22, 2016
MukaboxNG:

Offcourse you can for both konga and jumia with the help of http://mukabox.com.ng from anywhere in nigeria and as well we can help you open jumia store without the need of proposal as op wrote. We have opened for so many people
MukaboxNG:

please can you help me in opening a seller account on jumia, i have registered several times but no response from them
Re: How To Make Money Selling Your Goods On Jumia by MukaboxNG: 12:57am On Jun 23, 2016
chelseao:

please can you help me in opening a seller account on jumia, i have registered several times but no response from them

Ok you can wwhatsapp me on 2347063667303 and let's get to work on it
Re: How To Make Money Selling Your Goods On Jumia by bethelmendels(m): 9:07pm On Jan 29, 2017
FREE SEMINAR ON HOW TO START AN ONLINE RETAIL STORE LIKE JUMIA AND KONGA

WHAT YOU WOULD LEARN FROM THE FREE SEMINAR

PART 1: INTRODUCTION TO ONLINE RETAIL STORE BUSINESS
Understanding the immense potential of online retail store business in Nigeria
Consumer shopping habits are changing……
If your business is not online, in the next 5 years, you would be out of business
Welcome to the 21st century business opportunity- Online Retail Store
The Secret of How Mega online stores like Jumia and Konga make billions annually
8 reasons while customers prefer online shopping to traditional shopping
The benefits of online store over physical store
What you need to start an Online Retail Store in Nigeria
List and contact details of courier companies that offer payment on delivery service
The online Retail store business is for everybody including you!
How to start an online store and still keep your job as an employee
How to start an online retail store as a business owner and employ people to manage it
How to start an online Retail store as a job seeker

PART 2: EFFECTIVE MARKETING STRTEGIES TO GROW YOUR ONLINE RETAIL STORE BUSINESS
The importance of marketing to the success of any business
How to use marketing to grow your online retail store business
What is online marketing strategy?
How to use social media marketing to drive traffic to your online sore
Understanding the use of facebook marketing,twitter and instagram marketing tips
How to use classified advert website to sell your products
List of popular classified advert website you can sell your products in Nigeria
The use of bulk SMS marketing
The use of bulk email marketing
The use of WhatsApp marketing
The use of videos and youtube marketing to sell your products
How to drive traffic to your online store
What is off-line marketing?
How to market your online store through word of mouth and relationship marketing
How to use fiers, business cards, posters and banners to market your business
How to sell your products to companies, cooperative and supermarket chains
How to sell your products using field sales/boys and girls making huge profit

PART 3: HOW TO PARTNER WITH BETHELMENDELS IN’L LTD
How to become a registered ecommerce reseller to Bethelmendels Ltd and get a subsidized ecommerce website, and access to over 500 hot products you could resell on your store
Reasons why you need to partner with Bethelmendels Int’l Ltd- Nigeria’s Number 1 online wholesale store
17 benefits of being an ecommerce reseller to Bethelmendels Int’l Ltd
How to make N100,000 monthly by referring people to register for their ecommerce website

The online Retail store business opportunity is for everybody, including you!
Are you a job seeker who is tied of submitting applications for non-available jobs ;
A business owner seeking alternative income source especially in this period of economic recession in Nigeria
An employee seeking additional means of income, because your meager (often irregular) salary is not enough to pay your bills
An individual desirous to start a personal business, looking for an opportunity that require just little capital and a business you could start from home.
A full-time housewife saddled with the responsibility of caring for the children, and you desire to do a home-based business that will also give you the time to manage the home
Are you planning for your retirement and you need a business that is suitable for your age. I mean a business you could do from the comfort of your home. Or you are already retired but not tired and you need a business to invest in.
Let me you to the 21st century business opportunity- online retail store business

call/whatsapp 08033264815
www.bethelmendels.com.ng

Re: How To Make Money Selling Your Goods On Jumia by gabcool(m): 4:07pm On Mar 20, 2017
Please I need someone to assist me in marketing my products in jumia..konga..facebook and other sites. .the product is drinks whisky and coffee rum..am the marketing manager to the company please inbox me gabcool2008@yahoo.com
Re: How To Make Money Selling Your Goods On Jumia by Tonybills(m): 8:45pm On Mar 01, 2018
mastercee:
Earlier, I shared a post on how you can start selling your imported goods for massive profit on Konga Marketplace and also show you proof of my account where I generated over N500,000 revenue within 30 days. Visit my blog to read the article if you missed it.

Now, I’m here to share with you how you can start selling on Nigeria’s foremost E-commerce site, Jumia. Selling on Jumia gives you opportunity of earning more compared to Konga, but its not as straight-forward; competition is high. However, with the right attitude and guidance on what sells (I mean sells fast) and what doesn’t, you can turn Jumia to your Bank where you will be harvesting money on a regular basis.

Selling imported goods online requires a level of trust from the buyer, the chances of selling your goods to a random buyer is almost zero if your online reputation is next to nothing, generally people find it very difficult to make payment for items before delivery, thus the notion of people being duped online has a negative impact on e-commerce in Nigeria , however the story is different if you’re running your store under the platform of an already established brand, the level of trust increase drastically, mainly because you’re promoting your products through a brand that people trust, the fear of getting duped is almost non-existence, brands like Jumia provides a platform for sellers to reach a wide range of customers across the African continent, in simple terms, running an affiliate store with Jumia is like setting up a store in all countries of the Africa continent.

I would discuss in details how to get your items on Jumia, and increase your sales in folds, with little or no investment on setting up your own store. Jumia is an established brand; no doubt about that, they have enough capital to run an e-commerce website, a service headquarters and a reliable customer support service, these factors gives potential buyers a level of assurance, they are also supported by big incorporations such as Visa, First Bank, MTN, MasterCard, e.t.c within and outside the country. Delivering your items to buyers is not an issue of concern when selling your goods on Jumia, mainly because; Jumia has quality delivery service within the continent, as they work in collaboration with DHL courier service. The aim of this write-up is not just to highlight the benefits of selling on Jumia, it’s also important to know the pros and cons of selling on Jumia. Quality is of high importance; if you would be selling your good on Jumia, the quality assurance bar is somewhat high, and failure to pass the quality test might be a hindrance to getting your goods on this platform.This simply means, the goods you would be offering for sale on Jumia should be of high quality.

The first step to getting your goods on Jumia, is to visit www., check through the category section to ensure that your goods fits into one of the categories listed on the website, once you’re able to choose a category for your goods, the next line of action is to prepare a business proposal, the idea behind the proposal is very simple, Jumia wants quality products at a relatively cheap price, cheap enough to make a good profit, and also good enough to entice customers the more, your objective on the other hand is to sell your goods at minimal profit within a very short period of time. Reliability is of high priority, once you’re able to write a good proposal that gives your business a good pitch, with information on products you would be supplying them, type it out and contact the customer section of Jumia. Often, prospective sellers are invited to showcase samples of their products, once the quality assurance officer is satisfied with the quality of your product, you reach an agreement on the percentage commission that Jumia earns per sale.

Basically, you’re bringing in your products to Jumia store, where they list it on their website for you, and they earn a certain percentage from each sales, selling on Jumia is not as straight forward as other popular E-commerce website, mainly because the website does not allow third party to post items for sale, compared to Konga Marketplace and other popular platform where sellers can post their items with more information.

In all sincerity, the competition is a little bit fierce, but there are ways around it, it’s advisable to browse through their website, and keenly observe which of their product is doing well, conduct a price survey, comparing the price of the item on Jumia, and other popular E-commerce store in Nigeria, with the price tag from where you will be importing your goods, the purpose of this survey is to search for items that you can ship in at a relatively cheap price compared to what Jumia is selling theirs, this allows you to carefully decide on what to ship. It’s strictly unadvisable to import trademark items with the intention of selling it on Jumia, mostly because the return on investment would be zero, often established companies like Samsung, HP, e.t.c relates directly with Jumia, hence they deliver their products at a reasonable price. It’s advisable to think along the line of what an average man would use on daily basis, something not too expensive, but yet significant, example of which includes electronic shaving device, wrist watch, shoes, e.t.c. Selling these kind of items has brought me a lot of success, on a bi-weekly basis I receive four to five figures alert from Jumia. (Check out proofs on my blog)

Source: [url]Http://www.importationwealth.com[/url]

Register for a Free importation seminar coming up in Lagos. The above subject matter among other topics shall be treated at the seminar. Click the link in my signature to get information on how to register.

please sir i have an account with jumia amd konga but i dont know the exact place to go in order to sell my products
Re: How To Make Money Selling Your Goods On Jumia by newslifeop: 11:46am On Apr 10, 2018
I guess coz this thread is old and op should now change the topic to how to lose money selling on jumia. Konga is already dead and jumia about to coz most of their sellers has left them due to fraud policies and charges. Go set up a physical store and grow overtime!

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Money Selling Your Goods On Jumia by 1stbest(m): 11:28am On Sep 28, 2019
newslifeop:
I guess coz this thread is old and op should now change the topic to how to lose money selling on jumia. Konga is already dead and jumia about to coz most of their sellers has left them due to fraud policies and charges. Go set up a physical store and grow overtime!
Bro, you mean Jumia is not working again?
Re: How To Make Money Selling Your Goods On Jumia by Jaxx123: 2:39pm On May 13, 2021
YOU WANT CONTINOUS SALE AND PASSIVE INCOME OVER THAT YOUR BUSINESS? PLEASE BUILD GOOD LEAD LIST

To be candid, I never thought u were legit cos of scammers everywhere

The above statement is what I received this morning from one of my subscriber from marketing funnel list.

Hey, can you help me promote this cream I made it my self? she asked

Yes of course, we can help you automate it using online digital lead.

We set up the funnel and the whole process, boom! after few days’ success she desire keep coming.

Let me tell you this if u have any business you are running.

If u place ad or Facebook, Google ad or any platform and all you are doing is directing visitor to your landing page .

You are missing enough!!!

Let me tell you.

IMAGING, over 1,000 people visited your website and they all left within 20 seconds without buying or take any good action.
Do you know, it is not good enough?

READ THIS They don’t buy your offer did not mean they don’t need your offer.

-They don't buy because
-They are not convince enough
-They don't have your fee

-They don't trust you and your offer as well.

THIS IS WHERE YOU NEED THIS DIGITAL MAGIC CALLED LEAD MAGENTIC PAGE SET UP

If you build good lead magnetic capture page in the beginning, those 1000 visitor are already yours automatically.

THIS IS THE MOST SIMPLE FUNNEL TO USE AND FOLLOW

AD+LEAP CAPTURE PAGE+SALE PAGE=LIST
AD+LEAP CAPTURE PAGE+SALE PAGE+EMAIL SWIPE=SUCCESS

It mean you can automated following up those 1,000 people with your email or Whatsapp swipe even when you are not there for 5,7,10days

DON’T JUST SET UP EMAIL LEAD BUT ALSO WHATSAPP LEAD AS WELL.

This is one of the winning funnel till day that convert well.

Don’t ignore the process

Because the outcome is awesome.

No Product Is Old but Our Marketing Style Does

For any business marketing boosting and promotion guide

WEBHOUSE LAB
HOLLA ME ON
Webhousemax2020@gmail.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

International Airlines To Reduce Flights To Nigeria Next Year / FG Bars Online Banks From Accessing Customers’ Photos, Contacts / 'Never Be Ashamed Of Your Hustle' - Man Who Sells Yam Advises

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.