Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,922 members, 7,821,230 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

I Think Death Sentence Should Be Abolished The World Over. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Think Death Sentence Should Be Abolished The World Over. (903 Views)

Poll: Should DEATH SENTENCE be abolished?

YES: 20% (1 vote)
NO: 80% (4 votes)
Im indifferent: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Supreme Court Decides Rev King’s Death Sentence Feb 26 / Malaysia Sentence Nigerian Female Student To Death For Drug Trafficking / Nigerian Rescued From Death Sentence In Malaysia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Think Death Sentence Should Be Abolished The World Over. by danbasco(m): 2:28pm On Jan 04, 2009
Let us consider this: this very hardened criminal is apprehended, the serial killer has killed many persons(loved ones) ruthlessly, has robbed,raped and committed the most horrible crimes that can ever be imagined. What next?

The victims and families of the victims are in pains and agony over loss of dear life and valuable properties.

Eventually every one hates this criminal.The criminal is charged, convicted and sentenced. It is a death sentence. Yes this person does not deserve to dwell among the living.

It will please the victims to know that their adversary has paid with his life.But does it make any difference to them victims? Have they really gotten revenge? Has all that they've lost been revenged? NO! i think. Victims wont get back all the've lost. Those the murderer slaughtered will not come back to life when this villain is killed. The criminal eventually does not feel any pain in the grave, &doesnt know if he/she ever existed. A dead person doesnt feel pain,joy,remorse, , feels absolutely nothing.

I think the ultimate punishment plan for this criminal is such that will keep him incarcerated in the most inhumane & painful conditions for the rest of his life. The criminal should not be killed. In fact he/she should complete a life time in the most horrible conditions that can be developed for this purpose. Eg., should never see day light, locked up in a 100ft dungeon filled with his faeces & dead rats. Then will they enjoy the passion of their crime.

Nairalanders, what do you think?
Re: I Think Death Sentence Should Be Abolished The World Over. by SeaGoddes(f): 9:48am On Jan 05, 2009
no i dnt 4 once think it should be abolished, those who kill with knife surely must die by knife. an eye for an eye. yea it is really easy to think it should b abolished when one person has never experince the tradegy that comes with losing a close loved one who has done abosutely nothing to deserve the killing, who is the all and all of a family, the beginning and the end, the eyes of the family. i for once wouldnt stand it, it is very hard 4 me to lose a loved one who is has done nothing to merit the killing, and watch his/her killer stay in prison everyday see the sunshine, breathe, eat, talk, and do other things i didnt have the opportunity to do with my loved one and will never be able to do with them, no it's just unbearable. yes u might think there is no gain in it afterall the dead is gone, yea i knw that but it will give me more comfort to knw that that the killer is gone also.
Re: I Think Death Sentence Should Be Abolished The World Over. by deor03(m): 9:58am On Jan 05, 2009
I actually want a combination of the two. i.e incarceration in the dungeon filled with dead rats and all for a period of 5 to 10 years AND then the execution.

The period of incarceration is to allow the criminal to reflect on his/her deeds and become sober, then the execution is to pay for his/her sins
Re: I Think Death Sentence Should Be Abolished The World Over. by Ifygurl: 4:20am On Jan 07, 2009
Abeg No ooh
There are some criminals that actually deserve the Death Sentence.
Re: I Think Death Sentence Should Be Abolished The World Over. by jamace(m): 8:59pm On Jan 11, 2009
Any one who[b] intentionally [/b] kills another person should be killed. I know that killing the killers will not stop further killing, but it will, at least, make somebody with the intention to kill to think twice. It will also reduce the number of killers.
Re: I Think Death Sentence Should Be Abolished The World Over. by bluespice(f): 12:48pm On Jan 16, 2009
i did a project last year on death penalty
and after extensive reasearch i found out that the presence of the death penalty in the penal code serves as enough deterrent to would-be criminals
and if all fails
frying the asses of those heartless condom-headed vagina-faced tongue
assholes is almost calming enough
Re: I Think Death Sentence Should Be Abolished The World Over. by jamace(m): 9:37pm On Jan 16, 2009
, and if all fails frying the asses of those heartless condom-headed vagina-faced
assholes is almost calming enough

lipsrsealed
Re: I Think Death Sentence Should Be Abolished The World Over. by tck2000(m): 11:16pm On May 30, 2019

(1) (Reply)

Niger Delta: War Spreads To Ondo, Edo, Bayelsa / Women Protest Ritual Killings In Imo / Man Kills Friend Over Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.